main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Side / "Light" Side

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by nthdegx, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeedai_master_ousley

jeedai_master_ousley Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2003
    I truly, deeply, love you. And before you get bashed, I want you to know.

:D

2. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    the "Light Side" and the "Dark Side", I don't think it's really divided like that. We all can't just be catagorised like that. We all have our reasons for become who we are.

For example:

The "Dark Side"

The classic evil villain has no heart (as portrayed) and doesn't care what happens to anyone but himself and his plans. Well, he has his reasons for being that way. He was obviously betrayed or anything like that, that makes him not care about anyone else. So, at one point, he trusted. Or, he thinks that everyone deserves it, but either way, the villian can justify his reasons for planning doom upon others. So, that means there is some "Light Side" in him as well.
    Darth Vader used to be good when he was a child, but the depressing sides of life got to him.

The "Light Side"

The classic "good guy" is usually good to the bone. He is able to hold back his anger and used his term of the civil approuch to save people against that plan. But, at one point, the good guy does get angry, isn't that an emotion of the "dark side"? I guess it depends on how it is used. Well fighting out of anger, well, it's a god stress releaf, but the evil villain is doing the same, is he not? He is taking revenge. He is angry at the world or certain people that he is trying to inflict pain on.
    So, in the end, there is no "good guy" and "bad guy" there is only two beliefs and they are both fighting for it, and isn't that considered almost a "light side" thing to do? Of course the "Light Side" system is quite contradicting. There are many views on Earth on what they believe is the perfect Utopia, therefore there is no ONE PERFECT Utopia. When people try to fight for it, others see it as wrong, and they fight back, though even though in one of the ten commandments "Thou Shall Not Murder" the "Light Side" is willing to break, because they think it's ok.

So, there is no "Light Side" or "Dark Side" in my opinion. There is just Grey. Because Light and Dark live together. Life isn't as simple as good = light and evil = dark In order for the light to work, it must has some flaws and it makes it slightly against there morals. And the darksiders must follow rules, and regulations which is like the lightside. It's almost like they are two different countries fighting for their belief.

So, that's my opinion.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Protege, I truly deeply love you.

I don't think I could've explained my rationale any better than that. So Ghenghis, what PoT said, is what I would've said, only in a more elagant manner. :p

Also, if you don't like the way the discussion is centered, well you came into a EU forum, which has taken this path in regards to the Force. If you go to the movie forums, I'm sure you will find more opinions that you agree with.

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001

**feels the love**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.