main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Side question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ive_Got_Two_Legs, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Is someone who is clearly evil, but has no sensitivity to the Force, a darksider? As in, could a Jedi sense the dark side in him or whatever?

I ask because in Dark Tide I, Ganner says something like "The Jedi need to make sure the average people don't go to the dark side." But we never hear about (for example) Mace Windu sensing the dark side from Governor Tarkin, or whatever.

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Since there's no distinct "Dark Side"... then no.

I think Ganner was just being pompous, anyway.

3. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, at least in the WEG RPG, a character doesn't need to be force-sensitive to earn 'Dark Side Points' by comitting dark actions, an accumulation of which could eventually twist someone to the Dark Side.

As for what the Jedi could sense, it would probably be more difficult to detect than a force-sensitive, but I imagine they could sense the darkness within someon without the Force.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Since there's a distinct Dark Side....yes.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think Ganner means "keep them from joining the bad guys," but since the dark side is a malignant force (no pun intended) in the galaxy, it works through all evil, not just those that can access it and manipulate it for their own power. The ascendancy of the dark side in the PT wasn't just because of Palpatine, I mean...well he's just one man. The dark side clouded everything in the PT because of the Clone War, which caused death and destruction; because of the looming Jedi purge; because of the corruption in the senate; because of the hypocrisy in the Republic; because of the corruption of certain Jedi; because of the disenfranchisement of trillions of citizens. The dominant forces in the galaxy are fear, anger, doubt, sadness, malice, corruption, greed, and ambition. The dark side is having a field day in the GFFA, and the state of the galaxy only facilitates Palpatine's rise.

Anyway, so yeah, the dark side can touch and work through even those that aren't Force sensitive.

6. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I don't see why not.

7. MiniRogue

MiniRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    The Force is connected to all living things, so in a sense the Dark Side could possibly have an effect on the average person, as could the Light Side.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    While not everyone is Force-sensitive everyone has Force-potential because if they're alive they must have some midichlorians and some degree of the Living Force within them so I don't see why not.

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It was a euphemism, Legs. The way the night side clouds all, as Oz's costume says in early AOTC. Truth is, it doesn't literally cloud all. Winds can clear the sky anytime. You know?

10. Jaymach_RalTir

Jaymach_RalTir Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
  11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Sure. Everyone has a presence in the Force, and we got confirmation in RC-TZ that certain people feel Dark Side-ish to Jedi.

12. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Take a bow Walon.. :D

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    And Kal.[face_devil]

14. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i feel the dark side all the time. the point is i dont listen to it.

(okay that time i almost ran that woman over, well, i guess i listened then. but not any other time)

15. Oro_Orbis

Oro_Orbis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2006
    I would say yes and no - the dark side is just personality manifest - so a person can be dark side without having the force, yet cant use the force in a dark side manner, and thus is just 'bad'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.