main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Side: Quinlan Vos and Aurra Sing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by jkd6019, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkd6019

jkd6019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2001
    I was reading through the Dark Side Sourcebook this weekend and was very interested in the stages of the dark side and dark side points. The stats for the jedi knight Quinlan Vos (listed on WOTC site), list him having 7 Dark Side points, placing him on the edge of being "tainted" by the dark side, his number of Dark Side points are greater than or equal to half of his Wisdom score.

Anyway, Aurra Sing has only 5 Dark Side Points I believe, but she seems like a much more depraved individual than Vos. It lists her as not have "fallen" to the Dark Side, or having her DS points greater or equal to her Wisdom score. From the comics, she seems as hateful (especially towards Jedi) as Maul or anyone else.

That confuses me, but I think I have an answer. Maybe the more DS points, you have, just means the less kinship you feel with others, no fear, the more likely you are to do whatever you want--kill your master, kill indiscriminately, pit your apprentices against each other to the death, etc.

So, I think because Sing, Boba Fett, and other Bounty hunters have taken on some sort of code of ethics to do their job. They don't fall to the dark side. Too much rage would be a distraction. They are sort of like Jedi. Vos, on the other hand, because he lost his memory, doesn't have much of a code of ethics, and is slipping further into the dark every mission.

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Could be, but I think they messed up on Sing DS pts.

3. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    Read the capsule about Aurra Sing, you'll see why her DSPs are low.

4. jkd6019

jkd6019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2001
    LJ, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. From reading the comic "The Hunt for Aurra Sing" she seems pretty hard, very depraved. I don't know maybe the difference between being Low level Bad and being True Evil is that Low Level Bad people are more selfish, short-term, like babies having a tantrum. I would say she is tainted by the dark side/borderline completely dark.

5. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    The capulse above Aurra Sing's stats read

"...Aurra Sing is a deadly foe, more than a match for most opponents, but she still has not gone completely over to the Dark Side. Properly approached and guided, she could be led back to the path of the Jedi-but no Jedi has survived her onslaughts long enough to make the attempt..."

This is what I was trying to tell you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.