main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Dark Spirits" Spoiler Post Part Deux (That means it's the second one.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rokangus, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Alright, I told you I'd be back with another one around mid-August. Well the time has come. So sit yourselves down, relax, and enjoy this second glimpse into my new Upcoming fic.

And this time you're in for a treat because not only do you get to see what Kelak and company are doing, you also get a peek at the evil genius behind the Kelpalian war machine. That's right a scene containing Queen Jadis herself. My great wish is that she lives up to the hype. ;)

Once again, let me say that anything that sounds familiar to something other than what I've written probably belongs to someone else, and everything else is my little creation. Feedback and commentary are also greatly appreciated. :D

Jadis? hologram appeared above Admiral Y?sel?s desk, nearly causing the man to fall out of his chair in surprise. "Admiral, make report," the Queen ordered with a steely look in her eyes.

Gathering his wits, Y?sel gathered the latest intelligence briefings and cleared his throat. The campaign was going well he told her. Though the two opposing forces appeared to be at a stalemate now, the Kelpalian Forces were ready to bring new forces to the front whenever the Queen gave the order.

"What about the New Republic?" Jadis interrupted in irritation.

"Our spies indicate that Chief of State Fey?lya has fled to an unknown location, and he appears to be drawing favors from the worlds the New Republic still controls in order to raise a fleet to drive us back. However it will be several weeks before that will become a reality."

Jadis appeared to calm down. "Good, in the meantime, I have a plan that eliminate that pest from our worries. Now what of the Empire?"

"The Empire is still desperately trying to bring its shipyards back online," Y?sel informed her, "Until then it will be difficult for them to mount any successful operations."

"Are the Jedi assisting them?"

"We don?t believe so, though there are some unconfirmed reports of Jedi assisting in certain battles."

"That won?t do at all," Jadis seemed to muse to herself, "We must alienate the Jedi from the rest of the galaxy if we are to deal with them effectively. And I know just how to do it too."

"My Queen?" Y?sel asked, confused.

"We?re going to a planet called Dagobah. My tactical analysts have assured me it is in our territory," Jadis replied, "It is there that we will find the secret to destroying the Jedi once and for all."

"Yes, my Queen, then we will set a course immediately. Oh, one more thing, my Queen," Y?sel chimed as he noticed the last Intel briefing at the bottom of the stack.

"What is it, Admiral?" Jadis asked on the verge of her patience.

"Our spies have picked up a most interesting piece of information," replied Y?sel, "It would appear that the Imperials and the Jedi are working together, but for a most peculiar goal. It would seem they are sending a team to the Yuuzhan Vong."

Jadis eyes widened in surprise. "This is an unexpected move. The Vong are almost all but wiped out. All the same, this cannot be allowed to happen. Helpless or not, the Vong cannot ally themselves with the Empire. Send in your forces to wipe out the remaining Vong settlements. Immediately."

Kelak sat bolt upright in his bunk. Clearing the cobwebs from his mind, he tried to recall the important parts of the dream; Kelak really couldn?t call it a nightmare he had just had. One thing, though, was clear; danger lay ahead.

But where, was the danger? In the mission or after that? Should he order an abort? Throwing some clothes on, he tried some Jedi memory techniques to recall exactly what he had dreamed, but it did little help, the details were already gone to him.

Heading forward to the cockpit of the Sentinel shuttle, Kelak saw that the Vong Shaper, Biezk was already up and watching the approaching planet over Captain Sorrell?s shoulder. The rest of the team were spread out in the other shuttles, just in case one was lost. Recalling his mysterious dream wondered if that would turn out to be a good pre

2. Kypdurron1

Kypdurron1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2001
    interesting... i like your writing style. keep posting!

3. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Kyp! As the title says, this is just a preview. But come Sept. 24th, the real deal will begin. If you're interested I'll send you a PM to remind you and give the link to you.

4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    This was good, Roky, can't wait till you're back in action.

But, erhm... when, exactly, in the book is that scene in?

5. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Coolest! At least we don't have to wait long.

And ain't Rok(the character) the master of understatement? ;)

6. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks you guys!

To answer your question, Jaxx, this one fits in as ch. 6 in the scheme of things. The first one was technically ch. 3. And out of the projected 30 or so chapters planned, I'm currently writing ch. 24. :) So, so far, things are pretty much on schedule. I say 30 or so, because in this labor of love, I'm still not sure how many it will take. I may finish at 29, or go all the way to 35, I really can't say. But rest assured there will be plenty of action to go around, that's for sure, right up to the dual duels leading up to the final climax. It may not match up to Casper's fatal fourway from TDH, but hey, I got high hopes.

And speaking of which, you're absolutely right, Casper. Sometimes it takes a big guy to make the small statements. ;)

Til Sept. 24th! :D

7. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    'til September 24th!

8. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    Good ol' Rok..up to his old trick again.
    Can't wait for Kelak's next big epic adventure extraveganza!!!!
    :D

9. JKTRAINING

JKTRAINING Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    I'm late! Again! Why, oh why, am I always busy when Rok gets around to posting? <huffs> Oh well..I'm here. :)

Great writing...and nasty cliffhanger! You've been reading to many of Casper's fics...you need to lay off on them a bit. :p

Anyway...I can't wait for you to get to post the whole fic! :) Till then...I'll hang on this clif by my fingernails. <falls off clif> Or not.......<Reapears at the edge> Fooled you...I really did. :p

10. technomage

technomage Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2000
    Dagobah? What in the Sith could still be of any interest there? The only things of interest that happened there were Yoda's destruction of a Dark Jedi, and Luke's training.

I guess we'll just have to find out.

As for Jadis, evil she might be, but it'll take a lot of evil to top Palpatine. When she breaks out the biological and chemical weapons, starts flattening cities, uses world-smashing superweapons, and otherwise starts engaging in wholesale slaughter, she'll be well on her way.

11. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    DarkATX: Thanks! :D

JK: Glad you made it! Don't worry, the story can't very well end in the middle of chapter six, right? ;)(PS you almost had me there. :p)

Techno: Well you're right, you are going to have to wait and see, but you're closer to the truth than you might think. As for the evilness of Jadis, I could only hope for a scale of Palpatine, but I'll be happy with a Tarkin, if you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks again you all! :D

12. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Cool spoilers! I just read the first one too. I get the feeling that Darth Ruin is someone we know, or rather knew...

I'm interested in what Dagobah might hold as well. And what is this Dark Side handbook you and technomage were talking about in the first spoiler thread, and how would a non-gamer go about getting or at least reviewing a copy?

13. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Very cool, Rok! I'm glad you sent me a pm 'cause I was on vacation and might have missed this. :)

I cannot wait until you start posting. September 24th seems so far away... ;)

14. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Hehe, Rokangus, you've drawn me in. I got my lazy butt onto the computer telling myself I wasn't going to check the JC and look it. Here I am, already drawn into a new story. Or "spoiler" it may seem.

I have to say though, I am glad I disobeyed myself. ;) This story looks very interesting and I am eagerly waiting Septemeber!

Oh- nice writing too! :)

15. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Di-Lee: Glad you like! :D as for the Sourcebook, we're referring to the SW: Role Playing Game published by Wizards of the Coast. They're supposed to give details on how to play the game, but I love to use them for juicy details on my fics. That's where the idea of a Sith Marauder came from. Wizards has a wizard web site (I know, bad pun, but I had to use it. :p) and I'm sure you could find more info there.

Sari: Wow, glad I did that then! Yeah I know, a month can be a long time. But hey, it'll be here before we both know it! :D

Jaded: Yay, another new reader! :D [face_laugh] Glad you're enjoying this. I'll be sure to send you a PM when the real thing starts with a link to it.

And once more, Thanks Y'all! :D

16. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow- the now-late Boba Fett, Aileron even after he was supposed dead, and now the Yuzzhan Vong remnant- is there anyone who can't befriend our beloved Kelak? (Well, I suppose the Darkers from your earlier stories fit the bill...)

I enjoyed the glimpse into Jadis' personality. Great writing, Rok, and I can't wait for next month and the launch of the story!

17. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Anxiously awaiting Sept. 24th, Rok.

This is gonna be g...I mean...messy [face_devil]

Until then.

18. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Speaking of Yoda and the Dark Jedi.. that will be a cool fight scene!

YODA: Kick your ass I will! Die you shall! Crap I will kick you out! Dust eat my mortal!

DJ: What? Dyslexic are you? D'oh! Are you... dyslexic?

YODA: Now pissed I am! Never should said that you have! I am member of WDO! Dyslexic World Order! Die time to!

YODA gives out FORCE LIGHTINING, killing DARK JEDI.

YODA: That take, you poodoo piece of!

19. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Ty-gon: Thanks! Well Biezk appears to have befriended them. The Yuuzhai? Well, we'll see about that. And you'll get plenty more of Jadis from where that came from. ;)

Whiskey: I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks! :D

Jaxx: LOL!!! That was priceless!

Thanks again everybody!

20. technomage

technomage Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2000
    All right, I remember what's on Dagobah now. I was reading the older stories again, and found the reference.

21. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Bonjour!!
    I is back after a longish absence from these boards...exams an' all..
    but hey, to mark the occasion we must have the traditional picture...

[image=http://www.bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Sabers/Sabers-03.gif]

Yahoo!! :p :D :cool: :)

22. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Techno: Hmmm, if you mean my older stories, you might be a little off track. I think you were closer the first time, if I'm reading you right. But in any case you'll find out what Jadis intends soon enough. [face_devil]

JMNH: Great to see you back again, man! And you gotta love the multi-colored saber pic. :cool:

Important news! Check out the Era of Tribulation Update Thread in the Writer's Resource section of the boards for important dates and still more interesting spoilers! ;) I'll be using that to alert you guys of important stuff and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.