main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #25: Fire Carrier, part 3 (of 5) (Republic #108!!!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jan 6, 2013.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I believe it's the first, although I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've read Republic, so if he did appear there apparently I don't remember :p

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    According to the Wook at least he's new. He could easily be an unnamed officer from the Seige of Salucemi arc. Just flipping through, there don't seem to be many officers pictured besides Sagoro Autem, but he could theoretically be on one of the Venators there.

spicer likes this.
  3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Not bad. Not my favorite issue of the series, but a solid middle chapter. Actually seeing the people dropped was rather disturbing and nice that K'Kruhk gets a little payback. I'm very interested in seeing what the now Imperial officers plan to do and how that might draw some other, unwanted attention. It would be so tragic if K'Kruhk separates from the younglings to protect them from himself, only for them to perhaps get discovered by the Imperials and maybe even Vader, coming by to see why his orders were disobeyed.

4. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    How is the art of this arc?

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Pretty good actually. Not quite up to Wheatley but still more then solid.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Didn't this issue break the 107 Marvel run? If it did, thats great news. A positive.

Darth__Syphilis likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's been pretty decent art in this series. WAAAY better than Parallels.

Vong- it did. The cover even calls it the "108th issue spectacular", even though, as best as I can tell, there's nothing particularly special about the issue's size or content ,probably because it falls in the middle of an arc). Just a nice nod to those few of us that care about that milestone.

Darth__Syphilis and BoromirsFan like this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's kind of amusing, I think, that the cover says "108th Issue Spectacular" but the book itself gives no explanation whatsoever of what that means. :p

Also: it's very rare that SW comics viscerally shock me like this one did. Bravo, Randy.

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Fun fact: the number 108 is important in Buddhism, as it represents the number of temptations that humans face, which tie them to the Wheel of samsara. It shows up a lot in Asian media, so it amused me to see them make a big deal out of here.

Obviously it is a lucky comic book and owning it will bring you good fortune, and that is why it is "the 108th Issue Spectacular".

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    And the curious LOST fans buy it.
    [​IMG]

11. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I concur, that took me by surprise, really sadistic

12. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    I got quite a chuckle out of that as well.

13. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    As Joel Hodgson famously said about the obscure lines uttered on Mystery Science Theater 3000, "The right people will get the jokes."

14. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    It's good to see this series going for so long. Hopefully there is no end in sight. Since the Dark Times era is a pretty long period of time with very little written about it, this series should easily be able to go on for many more years. My hope is that somewhere down the road one of the characters will cross paths with C-3PO and R2-D2 during their years of wandering. I still want to find out which Jedi abandoned his lightsaber in Thall Joben's speeder repair shop on Ingo too!

15. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    No kidding. It's one thing to already expect what's happening, but to actually witness it (as much as one can "witness" a static comic panel), especially in the manner that it occurs, is another thing entirely.

17. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    If DH loses the license then this series above all deserves to end on its own terms. Such a long running and fantastic series should not be just "cancelled" like so many comic arcs.

18. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I had forgotten Dark Times was still Republic until the title of this thread reminded me.

Republic is the best Star Wars comic series of all. Like everything, it had its highs and lows (and the Dass Jennir/Uhumele story is hard-to-reach high for Star Wars in general =D= ). It will be great if it's the last to go down before Disney terminates Dark Horse's license and sends Star Wars a-whoring. It was the first Star Wars comic series I read, and I'd love for it to be the last.

Yes, Dark Times must end on the highest note possible. [face_praying]

19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree, but hopefully that won't be anytime soon [face_praying]

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Doesn't matter. There were delays 3-6 years ago and that's obviously what anyone will ever care about. ;)