main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #30: A Spark Remains, part 3 ( of 5) (Republic #113)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

*runs to bathroom, vomits*

Please, please stop.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh don't worry.

Chaos, fear, disorder.

My work here is done!

(Though I didn't do anything! How do I know how your mind works? [face_devil] )

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If y'all wanna feel old too, remember the days when Jennir had the nickname "Legolas Jedi"?

If you don't, you probably have a birthday after '95 or something.

4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    '96, actually, but I do know that they (or you guys) used to call him that.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    A broken image box? Nope. :p

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

I'm baaacckkk! Where's Revanfan1?

(Could. Not. Resist.)

General Immodet likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_hypnotized]

*runs, hides, curls up with inside panic room wielding a plastic lightsaber in one hand and a fly swatter in the other*

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, nothing so crude, dear fellow, nothing so crude. Just, to invoke, the Doctor, six words....

Ah, but which 6 words will propel your mind into a helter-skelter ride into the depths of hellish innuendo and imagery?

Decisions, decisions.... [face_devil]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Now, better get this back on track - on the evidence of the latest issue, will the next 2 be able to tie-up this grand arc that's been running for years in suitably grand fashion?

11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The continued fall of the Jedi Order is illustrated here as...

Kai Hudorra causally executes the fallen Jedi Knight. It's perhaps necessary but as Dass Jennir is struggling to keep to the Jedi way, here is another sign how they have changed. Sadheth's fall is also rather simple as he does so simply because Sidious is too powerful for him. He wanted to live more than he wanted to be a Jedi. Perhaps the darkest part of the Clone Wars seems to have been that the "There is no death, there is the Force" is forgotten and the survivors are those willing to live without honor.

pronker likes this.
  12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Well, if you ask me, since DT is my favorite comic, I hope that this isn't the last arc[face_nail_biting]

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I'd hope that too Spicer, but let's hedge the bets! Conclude the long arc now and you've a TPB set to sell again and again, fail to do so and the title then gets axed and it's far less inviting a proposition!

14. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I know. This arc seems perfect to wrap up the story of a lot of the characters (especially Jennir), and potentially finish the series on a high note. But then again, the fanboy in me is looking for excuses for it not to end, and since the title is Dark Times and not "The adventures of Jennir and the Uhumele crew", it can be about new characters in that era. Then again, the announcement of the DT omnibuses, seems like an indication to me that this is it for this series.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well it looks like we're headed for a showdown between Vader's man and Dass for next issue, presumably as a prelude to the attack on Vader (seen in the first issue's flashforward) for the final issue.

I'd still hope for an epilogue arc of some kind but I think they could potentially wrap up the series here.

16. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Some info from Randy on this would be much appreciated.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd suspect they wouldn't want spoil the final issue regardless if it is the final issue- if we're told ASR is the last then we might anticipate Jennir's death here- and if there's another arc, we'd anticipate his survival here.

Jedi Ben and spicer like this.
  18. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Good point. I guess we'll wait then after A Spark Remains #5 ends.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I disagree that these Jedi are only clinging to life for selfish reasons. Honour does nothing for you if it kills you, see: Justice Jedi. As Kai says back outside the Temple, the Jedi are needed for the day the galaxy needs their blades once more. Sahdett certainly is willing to abandon his ideals so as to survive only to save his skin, the others I'm not sold on.

I see nothing else Kai could have done with Sahdett, by the way. Keep him locked up, and potentially escape during the imminent battle with the Sith and definitely afterwards, or see he can harm nobody else?

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh, I'm not complaining. I'm showing that the cracks are showing in the Jedi Order. Sahdett is a coward as soon as it's a choice between life and death. We also have many other Jedi who have thrown their lot in with the Sith once times get tough (or try to). It's an interesting argument the whole "raise from birth" thing is a bad system because you NEVER KNOW if these people have a deep commitment to the Jedi Way or just joined because they were raised to do so.

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Indeed. Dark Times is really living up to its name, which is something we can't really take for granted in the EU. Five Jedi alone died in this issue and I expect that Kai and/or Dass aren't making it out alive. That's how it's supposed to be, the Jedi are facing the real possibility of extinction as the OT shows; I'm loving it. I dream that by the end of the DH licence that all of the Jedi from the Republic comics are dead.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

So never? :p

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Stay innocent.
    I want Zao, Dass, Kai and his padawan companion, and all the others dead.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No I mean DH loosing it's SW licence ;)

25. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Stay innocent, I said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.