main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #31: A Spark Remains, part 4 (of 5) (Republic #114)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Was Kai humbled though? I'm a little leery of the way he asked his manservant to pour a special drink for Dass. Guy doesn't talk for the entire arc, and now all of a sudden he's so keen on filling Dass's glass. Suspicious to say the least.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This is just a guess, so if I'm right you heard it here first, but my guess is he put some kind of sedative in the glass and once Jennir is unconscious, Hudorra is going to take him somewhere safe and try to take Vader alone, so if he fails there will still be a Jedi in the galaxy.

Either that or Hudorra's a traitor and I don't want to believe that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Didn't Kai's servant warn Jennir to be ready, a message from Kai, when he filled his glass?

[​IMG]

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Revanfan1 yeah, it could be something like that. But if Dass survives, then can we expect more DT?[face_praying]

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nice setup for the last issue of the arc- and a nice summary of events til now in a way that gives Kai's decisions weight (his overall visual design doesn't hurt either- my god, is that final page glorious!). Can't wait for the next issue.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My thoughts exactly now that I've read it.

7. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I just read this and realize now that both me and my comic book shop apparently lost track. Since #5 has apparently been released already, I guess I'll just keep my speculation for myself. ;)

Just one thought - Isn't it funny that the "what Jedi did Bomo talk to" reveal only really works in a comic book? OK, a novel would might jump through a few hoops to get it done. But still, there were only two possibilities for the flashback/reveal thing to really work - one, it's not Jennir Bomo is talking to, or two, something happened to Jennir that would be considered a spoiler (turned into a mega-battle-cyborg to beat Vader, for example). Having said that, I think the trick is a bit old these days, isn't it?

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, you're 3 days early!

9. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    What? Didn't I see a November 22nd date?

Well, in that case I'll go all out and say that it was obviously Jennir's plan to drug all the others and send them off so that only the two Jedi remained; but then Kai turned that on the head and decided that Jennir needs to survive with tanktop woman since he's the best chance to be the remaining spark, giving forth Jedi wisdom and principles as well as Jedi genes with tanktop woman getting pregnant pretty soon (it did work for Vos, didn't it). Therefore Jennir was the only one drugged, but they need to wake him up since Der Kommissar Falco has orders to shoot down all escaping ships, resulting in a resolution for the Falco/Jennir/tanktop girl feud. Maybe the droid will pull the trigger?

Of course, any of these obvious storyline could be subverted at any moment, with, for example, Jennir dying anyway but leaving a pregnant wife behind. But normally, the death that has already been dealt out, the heroic moments flashback gallery, all that is sufficient enough to make us believe that in this endgame everyone can and will die (even though a spark has to remain), but since we love the characters we'd be double-glad to see them survive. But there's another but, because we're all so used to conservative storytelling and to ways of breaking it up that we wouldn't really be glad for the people to survive. Like Havac, our thoughts would go to the idea behind the Dark Times era and our need to have ANH make more sense than "a lot of Jedi survived to build families that never intersected with the Jedi Order or the Empire, period."

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You actually thought it'd be out on time? Have you learnt nothing over the last 8 years? :)

11. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    Last thing I learned was Wheatley had switched to this drawing machine thing that had a built-in calendar. But I love the explanation that it's a delay "for old times' sake".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.