main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dark Troopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Jul 17, 2016.

1. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016

Heh. Valid points. Honestly I didn't see the three on their chests as I was going "ZOMG THRAWN AND DARK TROOPERS! ZOMG!" or so. I was being very excitable. :p

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It's "3 and a half" or something... 3 & a third? There's another mark after the "III". But it seems pretty clear these are meant to be, essentially, canonical Phase III Dark Troopers. They do have some aspects of TFU Purge Troopers/"canon" SW Commander Phase II Dark Troopers, tho, notably the blaster-arm... it seems influenced by those designs. But otherwise, for the most part, it smacks of Phase III DTs!

3. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    This reminds of me of the 'Scar troopers' apparently appearing in upcoming comics, who are basically Imperial RCs, and I kinda thought at first they'd be taking up a successor to Dark Troopers there. See this preview. As they come off as more than capable of slaughtering the Ghost crew, I doubt they'll appear on this show, lol.

Though I do hope that the Dark Troopers here come off as a tough nut to crack like the final boss of Dark Forces did.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    what an awesome issue it was. The SCAR unit in the comic was Task Force 99, so those guys are 99% probably the imperial replacement for the bad batch - clone force 99. The sergeant commanding the unit was actually stormtrooper Kreel of the 501st, who uses a lightsaber, which is freaking awesome)

Though I'm hoping we get an iconic clone from TCW as a dark trooper. Maybe Cody? But will rebels go that dark? who knows.

5. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Cody as an Imperial-loyal clone would make sense and would add an interesting element to the show, but I doubt Filoni wants to have clones as explicit bad guys just yet.

6. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think the Dark Trooper idea would be better as a stand alone movie as the story takes place between ANH & ESB.

whostheBossk likes this.