main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dark Wish "The First Day' Writing Challenge" Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Dark Wish
    Summary: A girl by the name of Lana faces her first day as a new Jedi Apprentice of a Jedi Master who perhaps isn't ready for her.
    Notes: OC
    Category: TPM, Vignette
    Author: Sara Kenobi

"Master, are you there?"

Five-year-old Jedi Apprentice, Lana Oroi, entered the small apartment that she shared with her new Jedi Master, Kresyel Tosh, inside the master residence section of the vast Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Lana had been her apprentice a day, and still felt out of place with her new master. Tosh seemed to enjoy her presence though, and often laughed with her about things. But she hadn't pictured that there still would be such a distance there from her kind master. It was like Tosh was holding back something from her, purposefully.

"I'm on the balcony, apprentice."

Lana found her master staring out at the darken city below them. Coruscant was a beautiful place at night. Tosh's red flowing hair danced in waves down her back, framing her white coloured Jedi robes, perfectly. Lana hoped her own red coloured hair would be as long and beautiful as her master's was someday.

"Are you all right, master?"

Tosh smiled at the concern of the young girl. Lana had a lovely naivety, and was always so concerned with the Living Force, "Apprentice, why do you think is something wrong? I don't talk much! I told you this!"

Tosh still hadn't turned to face her apprentice yet. She couldn't bring herself to stare into another pair of young eyes. Tosh had refused Yoda's urging at first, but had eventually agreed to take a second apprentice.

The loss of Garen would always be there. Tosh guessed. The boy had only been four, younger than Lana now, when he had died, because his master had failed to sense danger upon sending the young boy into a children's centre to speak with a sick child. Garen had begged so desperately for a task to do by himself. He wanted to prove that he was the best apprentice any master could ever wish for. And Tosh had failed him.

Tears came bright to Tosh's eyes, and she blinked them away, aware now how long her apprentice must have been standing there, listening to nothing but cold silence from her master.

"Lana...I'm so..."

But the young girl was gone. No doubt rushing to her bedroom in tears again, because her master was still unable to reach out to her. Tosh had failed her apprentice, yet again.

Tosh then turned back to her view of the city night, trying to muffle her cries of defeat to the stars above.

2. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    :_|
    That's so sad!

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    It's sad, but very well written Sara! Well done! =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
  5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Followed the link from your challenge thread... my, this one was a wonderful start up for the challenge. Poor Tosh for losing her first apprentice at so young an age, but she needs to be remember it was the will of the Force.. for whatever sad reason. :(

Lovely Sara.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you, Leona. VaderLVR. :) It was something I wa considering for a while as a Fan Fic. But then I thought you could do a lot with the idea, and it would make a nice, and easy Challenge. :)

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Poor thing! And on her first day, too! :(

Very cute ;)

8. pokey1984

pokey1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2004
    That was so sad! :_| I hope there's more?

Hey, did anyone ever notice there's no [face_hopeful] or [face_begging]? We really need one...

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :_| Oh, that was just beautiful. It was so heartbreaking the way Tosh's guilt (though most likely unfounded) and fears paralyzed her, creating a vicious cycle. :_|

Again, a sad, but beautiful, vignette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.