main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Chris Nichols
    Riverview Medical Center

"Hawaii?" Chris repeated the word as if it was a punchline to a joke and chuckled slightly. "I know Heather well enough to know that she wouldn't go off to Hawaii by herself. She ain't that smart...she wouldn't leave Mordecai behind. Or rather, he wouldn't let her go anywhere. He'd stop her before she even set foot outside of that mansion of theirs. I swear, sometimes I think the man hires spies just to keep tabs on certain people in the family. Has it ever occurred to you why he had so many wives?"

He leaned forward now, actually enjoying the conspiracy he was creating. "I bet he did something to them and it wouldn't surprise me if he did the same to Heather. He'd do anything to keep a secret. It's just the way the man works."

TAG: Anne

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Riverview Medical Center

Kareen had to fight to keep a neutral expression when Chris made the comment, ??I think the man hires spies just to keep tabs on certain people in the family,? as the first thought that went through her mind was He?s not the only one. As for Mordecai?s previous wives, Kareen had entertained the question of what had happened to them, but, up until now, she hadn?t had reason to actually ask.

?He?d do anything to keep a secret,? brought her back to something Katherine had said the day before.

It?s just. . .this family. . .if a secret is about to come out. . .they could be willing to go to great lengths to stop it.

Did Mordecai have something to do with Heather?s disappearance? It certainly did seem odd that he would leave town so suddenly, taking a small child with him and without informing anyone.

?Well, thank you, Mr. Nichols, for your help. If you hear anything else about Heather, please let us know. In the meantime, we?d appreciate it if you could keep quiet about her disappearance. This is not something we want the media getting a hold of at this point.?

TAG: Han

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview Medical Center

?Woah, woah woah, young man.? The doctor scoffed at Xander?s excitement. ?You know you just survived a car accident which could?ve killed you- most likely was going to. The coma you were just in-that sucker was one bad mammajamma, to tell you truth. I didn?t tell your mother,? He glanced at Amy, ?Sorry Ms. York.?

?Now,? the doctor patted his arm. ?Recovery? The long run. . .one-two months total, if you?re lucky. You could be out of here in a couple of days, but while at home and when you?re out, you?d need someone to be with you. Rehab will be the real kicker in all of this. It?s gonna hurt, son.? He began to put back his materials. ?It?s gonna hurt like hell. But when you get out of there, out of rehab for the last time, you?ll feel like a free man. The world is your oyster.?

His beeper buzzed at his side. He raised a finger as he lifted it to listen. ?Doctor Reid. We have a stab wound down here. Not dead yet, but getting pretty close to it.? He replied with a sharp ?I?ll be there in a sec.? and then turned it off. He shook his head as he looked from Amy to Xander.

?Busy week. Well, I?ll be off. I?m going to check on you tomorrow. The medication should begin to wear off very soon. If you don?t think you can handle the pain, the nurse button is right there.? He pointed at it and then rushed out.

TAG: CPL

[i][b]Sylvester Incorporated[/b][/i]

?Sure, sweetie.? She gave him one final kiss before she turned around and left.

A few hours passed. [b]Rom[/b] had some time to think. Wander around town. Enjoy the sights. Maybe even notice some people talking about the murders going on around town, and that none had taken place that day.

When he came back by to pick [b]Vanessa[/b] up at work, she was busy at the computer. ?Almost. . .done. . .? she finished, shut it down, and stood up. ?How was your day-?

?Vanessa. . .? A shadowed figure from the darkened hallway spoke. ?You haven?t introduced me to your boyfriend.? A hand came from the hallway. Followed by an arm in a nice cufflink. A beautifully tailored suit. A man came from behind the shadows. Well groomed hair, dark brown eyes. Looked to be in his early fifties, if even that.

?[b]Nigel Sylvester[/b].? He smiled at Rom.

[b]TAG: Bish[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Good job Anne and Han! [face_grin] And to get the time straight, it's the night of Tuesday. Not this Thursday, but next Thursday, is Thanksgiving. I have to make sure [i]I'm[/i] getting it straight. [face_laugh] Lots of fun though. Let the mystery continue!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Riverview Medical Center

"Yeah, sure, no problem," Chris obliged easily enough. At this point, he just wanted them gone. He had a feeling if they stuck around to poke around some more, he may reveal a little too much or he may run the risk of his stories becoming crossed. Besides that, he could keep a secret. He already promised to hold onto one, another wouldn't be such a big deal. It was odd that Heather had disappeared in the midst of this whole thing, though. It was certainly making things interesting.

"Glad I was able to help," he added in passing, settling back in his seat to endure the remainder of his wait. Who knows how long that was going to take...

TAG: Anne, spycoder

5. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Medical Center

Kareen gave Chris an appreciative nod as she got to her feet. He'd certainly given them quite a bit to think about. "Come on, Robert."

Once they were out of earshot: "What do you think? Could Mordecai have had something to do with Heather going missing?"

After a few seconds, her curiosity finally won out, and she had to add, "What did happen to Mordecai's other wives?"

TAG: spycoder

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    <...>
    Maggots!

They tried to take away that which was good. And they tried to take away something that was
    MINE!!

("Shut..u.")

NO! You will not tell me to shut up any more! They tried to hurt them. Hurt me. And they
    will pay, believe me, they WILL pay. I did not suffer for as long as I have, to finally have
    things set up so perfectly, to only have my dreams and well layed plans destroyed by some
    idiots who barely recognize what day it is!

No. This time, it is their mouths that will be silent forever. I will burn them. Burn them
    all, for trying to hurt me. To hurt what I care for. This entire town will love me, for I
    will finally expose all of the dirt and pain that they have caused this entire town. And the
    fire will clean all of the filth away.

Yes, they will appreciate all that I do for them.

Filthy liars! I will not let them try and take it away from me again! Soul sucking COWARDS!!

(...)

And that is enough from YOU!

<...>

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Emergency Room Lobby

Chris would wait there for several more minutes. Other people came and went. A child with a bad stomach virus stumbled in with his worried mother. A carpenter who had slipped and sliced his hand was forced in by his wife. And several others. The emergency room in every town, no matter how big, was always crowded with people.

A doctor came out. He resembled the police officer Marcus Reid greatly. He seemed to search before distinguishing Chris from the others. He walked over to him.

?Christopher Nichols.? He shook his hand. ?You?re here for Cassie Rockford. She just came out of surgery.?

The doctor paused before continuing. This next sentence would determine Chris?s future. The doctor?s mouth widened in a grin.

?She came out of it just fine. She?s going to make it.? The doctor nodded in relief. He also looked a little sick, but he was able to keep that down for the moment. ?Now, she?s asleep, and will be for sometime now. I?d recommend you go home, get a little rest, and maybe you can come back tomorrow morning. Seeing as both of her parents are now deceased, you might be the best thing for her at the moment.?

With that, the doctor murmured a good-bye and walked back out.

[b][i]Outside the Hospital[/i][/b]

?Mordecai?s wives? Damn, the rumors all seem to run together. I?ll try to get all of this right.? Robert settled into the cruiser as he let the heat warm him up. It was getting colder, and a big snow was supposedly coming soon.

?Well, when he first moved to town, he was married to an Elizabeth Bellomy, I believe. My, my, from the pictures, she was a true beauty. Blonde hair the color of the sun, and those blue eyes. . .just like the clear sky. Anyway, he had two kids with Elizabeth. Renee was the first. Looked just like her mother. And then little Charles. I saw a family photo of them a couple of times. They were the perfect little family. Until Elizabeth came down with breast cancer.? Robert shook his hand. ?I can?t imagine what happened to Mordecai. If her death didn?t make him what he is today, then the death of Renee most likely did. Only three years after her mother, she got it too. And back then, things weren?t as good as they are now. Poor thing died.?

?A few years down the road, Mordecai has his good business. Kind of small in those days, but he was making some good money. And his son was always with him. The son looked just like Mordecai. So, suddenly Mordecai?s maid Rosa Gomez comes up pregnant. From what I heard, she did it to get his money. I know that a Rosa Gomez is still is maid, if that answers any questions. But she had a little boy, Dakota Gomez. And that?s about the time that Mordecai met Meredith Armstrong.?

?Meredith was a stripper. A hooker. Whatever you want to call her. Everyone who has ever spoken to me says Mordecai went to a bar one evening and met the eyes of one wild eyed woman. A relationship destined for failure. Meredith wed him soon after, and gave birth to two of his children. Susanna, who you know as the mother of Natalie. And then, Patrick.? He glanced at Kareen at that name. ?The relationship fell apart though. Rather quickly. It ended in a bad spat. She left town, came back a month or two later, and died from a heart attack. Not long after, Charles went off the cliff at River Point with his pregnant girlfriend Rebecca Sylvester. Died instantly. Bad things went down then. Rumors and all of that. I mean, the heir to the Casper fortune getting the enemy's daughter pregnant. Sylvester always blamed Casper. Casper always blamed Sylvester.?

?So, we come to Heather. She was the town beauty queen. She rescued me, you know. She married Mordecai and had their two child Natasha and Naomi. And things have been fairly peaceful overtime. Until now.? Robert shook his head. ?But, you know, this could?ve been stopped. It was coming. Everyone could see it. But they just denied it.?

Robert sighed and leaned back.

?That?s one long history lesson, to tell you the truth.?

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Outside Riverview Med. Center

She listened to Mordecai's backstory with narrowed eyes and pursed lips. Patrick had never talked about his real mother--as far as she knew, he had no memory of her--but it sounded like quite a coincidence, that Meredith had died so suddenly after returning to town, after she had supposedly left town for a few months. Perhaps it really was just a coincidence, but it just rubbed Kareen the wrong way just a bit.

Was that to be Heather's fate as well?

"Well, that just confirms what I said earlier--people in this town are crazy," she commented dryly, sobering quickly. "We've got to find her. Without Heather, we're going to run right into a dead end. People are not going to like it if this case goes in the cold files."

She remembered the promise she had made to Susanna just this morning, to find Natalie's killer. And Robert had promised Xander the same thing. They couldn't afford to give up.

"I guess we should alert the rest of the Caspers about Heather's disappearance? I don't have anything against Chris Nichols, but I get the feeling that certain members of the family won't be happy if they hear it from him before they hear it from us."

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Riverview Medical Center

Chris' heart was pounding rapidly within his chest the entire time the doctor was speaking. That's how he knew his affection for Cassie went beyond a simple friendship. He should have never given her that kiss and allowed himself a taste of her lips. The temptation had been too great and it would be all down hill from here. Amelia still haunted him and he had been seeking a way to rid himself of all those pent up emotions. Not even his wife knew about his past relationship. She couldn't even begin to comfort him or help him forget. Cassie presented a way out.

When the doc finally announced that Cassie would pull through, Chris felt his entire body relax and it was as if a ton of bricks had been lifted from his chest. At least for now, the kiss had not been for naught.

Pulling on his coat, he started to navigate his way through the crowds towards the exit. The news of Cassie's condition had cleared his mind of everything the police officers had revealed to him concerning Heather and the rest of the family. He was a new man now with new responsibilities. The doc had also revealed to him the sad truth that both of Cassie's parents were now dead. That left her with absolutely nothing and he couldn't say for sure, but he had the odd feeling that the doc was trying to hint to him that he should keep an eye on her. She wasn't exactly a child anymore and didn't need the watchful eye of a parent or guardian any longer, but Chris wouldn't mind carrying out the task. He had every intention to be around her for quite sometime.

In the meantime, he had to deal with Naomi. He would no doubt be in trouble once again for the stunt he pulled tonight, especially for not calling once they arrived at the hospital, but in the end, he had to say it was worth it.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    The homestead - Heading for Little Ester's

Olivia chuckled softly as she lit a candle in her home. Pulling a shawl around her shoulders, she brushed back a curtain as she looked out the window. Her house, belonged in the older section of town. It was listed as one of the oldest houses there in Riverview. And they were right. Her family had owned land there, before the rest of the town had been built. Ah... those were the days.

Her companion, a huge dog by the name of Rufus, sat on his rug next to the huge dining room table, chewing on his favorite toy. He made mountains look small, as Olivia would tease sometimes. But he was a sweetheart. Most of the time. She slowly walked over to her kitchen, and looked in her supplies. She would need to make a run to town. Maybe visit Ester's. There was a lot of things going on right now. She might be off in her huge house, but Olivia knew that a cold south wind was blowing. Lots of whisperings came on those kinds of winds. Told her things. Perhaps it was time she checked out a few of them. So much fuss. Really was a shame. But it was there doings. Olivia tossed some salt, as she gave a small snort. Rufus looked up at her.

She lit a tiny red candle, as she moved to the back of her kitchen. Yes, perhaps it was time to check out what all the chatter was about. She looked down at Rufus.

"Bout time these children get themselves together..." she stated softly to him. He gave her a happy 'woof' before going back to his toy. She gently patted him on the head.

Yep. She picked up her favorite brush, and began to brush back her silver hair. Yes. It was time, for her to visit a friend. After checking herself in a huge mirror, making sure she had just enough blue on, she gently picked up a few beads, and wrapped them around her neck. She looked like she was maybe in her 50's...but she was actually much older than that. Not that anyone was really sure how old she was. She sure wasnt telling. None of their business. Besides she could out walk, heck probably outrun some of the younger ones, if motivated. Good clean living, yep, thats what done it. That, and good 'friends'. Satisfied that she was 'properly' dressed, she stepped out.

Walk or drive? Well, she needed groceries. She could have them delivered..but what was the fun in that? Oh well, guess she was driving. Olivia got into her blue Cadillac, and pulled out, heading for Little Ester's.

TAG: Spycoder

11. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Little Ester's

On this fine evening, Little Ester?s had a fair amount of people. Though it usually did. Ester wasn?t standing in the entrance this evening, for strong winds were blowing.

Forecasters predicted a record breaking snowfall by Thanksgiving, and some towns were beginning to prepare. Riverview, though, decided it could survive for the moment. Ester noticed the blue Cadillac in her parking lot and immediately she began to panic.

Why is she here?

Once Olivia had stepped inside, Ester came out of the shadows with a big grin on her face and arms outstretched. She hugged Olivia in a tight embrace, taking note of her peculiar appearance.

?Olivia, I?m so glad you decided to come here!? In her voice was an air of falsity, but she tried to hide it. ?I haven?t seen you in such a long time. Please, have a good time.? She shuffled Olivia forward and allowed her to pick her seat.

TAG: Ktala

[b][i]Nichols Household[/i][/b]

Naomi was waiting for him when he came home. She flung open the front door at his arrival, and hurried down the steps.

?Chris!? She wrapped her arms around his neck. ?What happened? Is she okay??

Though it was obvious she cared little about the girl. She was happy to have her out of her home.

?Come inside, it?s too cold.?

And indeed it was.

[b]TAG: Han[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] PMed Anne. [face_happy] And I'm glad to finally tag you for something, Ktala. [face_tongue]

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

It was no surprise to see Naomi waiting on the porch steps when he arrived home. She had obviously been worrying and she looked distraught as she came forward to throw her arms around his neck. Chris, acting as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened tonight, returned the favor with fervor. "It's alright," he said softly, trying to comfort her as he planted a kiss on her forehead. "Everything's fine..."

He pulled her close and led her back into the warmth of the house. Cold didn't even begin to describe the sudden change in weather and forecasters only wanted it to get worse through the night. Chris couldn't help but compare the odd weather patterns to the terror that had struck their town. The correlation was disturbing to say the least. He idly wondered what other nightmares awaited them.

Throwing his coat over a chair in the kitchen, Chris immediately went straight for the living room where a fire was already burning in the hearth and allowed himself to collapse into the recliner. He realized that he had been in such a rush earlier, that he had neglected to change out of his work clothes and began fiddling with his tie one-handed as he turned to look at his wife.

"About that girl...apparently her father went nuts in the head and killed his wife. He came out here, found Cassie and stabbed her a few times before turning the knife on himself. The bastard actually had the guts to kill himself." He scoffed and shook his head at how ridiculous it sounded.

"Anyway, the doctors said she'll make it. She should be good to have visitors tomorrow..." He winced as that last bit came out of his mouth. That didn't come out as he had hoped and she was liable to get the wrong idea. He had to come up with a quick save in order to recover.

"So," he hurried on before she could respond, leaning forward as he pulled the tie from his neck and dropped it onto the table in front of him. "Did you hear from your mom lately?"

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Nice to be here! :D ;)

Olivia Madders
    Little Ester's

Olivia pulled her blue Cadillac, into the parking lot for Little Ester's. The wind felt wonderful as she opened the door, and stepped out. She took a deep inhale, grinning slightly as she enjoyed the scents on the brisk breeze. Pulling her shawl about her shoulders, she turned and stepped towards the diner, and slight smile on her face. Olivia had barely crosed the threshold into the establishment, when Ester stepped out from the shadows with a big grin on her face and arms outstretched. She hugged Olivia in a tight embrace.

"Olivia, I?m so glad you decided to come here!" She spoke, her voice high. "I haven?t seen you in such a long time. Please, have a good time." she spoke as she led Olivia towards the area where seats where available.

Olivia chuckled softly. "Now, you just calm down Ester. Aint nothing but buying some supplies, and a hot meal." she spoke gently. Her sharp eyes picked a spot, where she could see others coming into the place, and allowed her to place her back in the 'right' direction. Those whispers were speaking quiet a bit now. She elegantly took a seat, and removed her shawl, as she picked up a menu. "What good specials you have going on for today Ester?" she asked as she looked over the menu. She practically had the thing memorized, but she always asked. "Let me get a mint tea, while I think about my order, will ya hun?" Ester asked her, as she leaned back into her seat.

My my. Quite a bit going on in this place, from what Olivia could feel. Oh, this was interesting. She turned and looked over towards the television hanging in the corner. What a silly distraction. But it did have its pratical purposes. Course, if more people simply listened, they could learn quite a bit more. But folks always wanted instant results. No time, and no patience.

Olivia placed a napkin in her lap, as she made up her mind on what she would order. Olivia turned her head slightly to stare at a empty booth. Hmmm. Yes. Quite busy. She offered Ester another smile, when her tea came to her table.

"I'll take some of your delicious chicken and dumplins, toast and the lastest on whats REALLY be going on lately." she said as she took a sip of the warm tea, blowing on it gently.

14. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Little Ester's

?That?s exactly why I missed you Olivia.? Ester smirked. ?Short and frank but to the point. Allow me to go back to the kitchen, and I?ll be out in a jiffy with your drink, food, and some steamy gossip.?

Ester left the booth to head into the kitchen. Some of the people inside the nice restaurant stared at Olivia. She was not exactly what they had been expecting to interrupt their fine dining. But she was sort of ignored as they noticed how nice Ester had been to her and returned to their meals.

Ester returned several minutes after departing with a plate in one hand and a glass of tea in another. She laid them down at the table and smiled at Olivia across the plate.

?Okay, so my first bit of gossip would of course be about Natalie Crane?s murder.? Ester leaned back in her seat. ?You know her? Cute, smart, rich. You probably have seen the news, but I?ll just tell you what I know. Natalie met her aunts Katherine and Natasha, her cousin Devon, and her grandmother Heather for a tea here.?

?Well, turns out Heather gave Natalie an envelope with a fair amount of money in it.? Ester?s eyebrows raised. ?And then Natalie gave it to her grandfather?s chief accountant. Sounds like there was something strange going on there. Well, they leave her, she isn?t seen again until she is murdered. Then the coroner is murdered while looking at her body. Carlos, the accountant? His car was forced off the road and he was killed. Last night, his killers were found dead. Apparently they shot themselves over the money. Stupid, right.?

Ester smiled.

?What do you think about my gossip so far??

TAG: Ktala

[b][i]The Nichols Household[/i][/b]

Naomi?s forehead wrinkled as she realized she hadn?t. She gasped and ran her fingers through her hair.

?I haven?t. How could I not check up on her?? Naomi wiped at tear from her eye. ?I mean, Natalie dies. My sister comes in with her grandson none of us knew about. The grandson is taken away by Dad. Then I get sick. ? She decided not to mention something else.

?I feel like a horrible kid now!?

She rushed to the phone and dialed her mom?s cellphone number. When she got the disconnected tone, she lowered the phone and looked at Chris.

?Why did you ask? Where?s Mom?? She was almost shouting now.

[b]TAG: Han[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Like I said in the DRL Thread, I will be gone tomorrow, all weekend, and monday. Limited to [i]no[/i] access. I apologize in advance, but I will return Tuesday with a fire. (I'm getting a new little sister, so. . .) [face_grin] Thanks to all of you for sticking it through, and when I return the episode will end. Also, not much time, so sorry for spelling mistakes.

15. Bishomon

Bishomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2011
    IC: Rom DeLuca
    Sylvester Inc.

?Almost. . .done. . .? she finished, shut it down, and stood up. ?How was your day-? Vanessa was cut off by a cool voice.

Rom was about to pull Vanessa towards him when a voice from the doorway made him freeze.

?Vanessa. . .? A shadowed figure from the darkened hallway spoke. ?You haven?t introduced me to your boyfriend.? The figure extended a hand.

Fighting an impulse purely from his former job to turn and catapult out of the nearest window, Rom smiled and grasped the man's firmly. He really hated businessmen sneaking up on him .

"Nigel Sylvester." The man smiled.

Rom smiled back. "Hello. I'm Rom DeLuca. Nice to meet you."

OOC: I'm sorry for not answering this sooner. . :/

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

Chris' simple question had opened a floodgate of emotions and he was left to flounder in the aftermath of his wife's outburst. She typically wasn't easily shaken, but the stress of everything that was going on was really starting to take its toll. It got to the point where she had made herself physically ill and he now starting to regret his decision to even bring up her mom in the first place. The news he was about to spill would not help her condition in the slightest.

Still, he couldn't help but feel as if she was putting all the blame squarely on his shoulders. The outburst and the way she was yelling at him...it made him wonder if she believed that somehow everything was his fault. He tucked that thought to the back of his mind for the time being.

"Hey, take it easy," he started in a stern tone as he rose from the recliner and slowly made his way over to her. "You're not a horrible person...there's just been a lot going on. They need to understand you can't be everywhere at once."

He paused, reaching up to brush some loose strands of hair away from her face so he could look her directly in the eye. "Now, don't go all crazy on me again, but a couple of cops came to talk to me at the hospital. They told me your mom went missing after she left the police station the night of Natalie's murder. They wanted to know if I had any idea where she was or what might have happened."

He blinked, diverting his eyes for a moment as he debated about whether he should say the next part. In the end, he decided to keep it to himself. It might not go over so well if he mentioned that he told the cops that he believed her dad had something to do with her mom's disappearance. He already had issues with her family, he didn't need to throw more salt in the wound.

"I said I didn't know," he muttered quietly.

[b]OOC:[/b] Also, congrats on the new little sister, spycoder! I wish you all the best of luck! :D

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Thanks Han! She?s a cutie! And I won?t post tonight or tomorrow night, because of time (going to hospital and back) and also I want to give CPL and Ktala a little more time to get in their responses. We got most potential at opening! I think we have proved up to it, and will continue to. :D So on Tuesday night, expect a full blown new episode!

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Combined post with GM

Riverview Police Station

"Let's get it done, then. My favorite show is coming on tonight." He winked.

Kareen laughed, but again quickly grew serious. "Best way would probably just have them all come down to the station, so we can talk to them all at once, and not have to go over the same things over and over again. Won't take as long that way, either."

While Robert drove them back to the station, Kareen called each of the Casper children, with the exception of Naomi--she figured that Chris would tell her, and seeing as Naomi was sick anyway, Kareen saw no need to drag her out in the steadily worsening weather. But she did contact Susanna, Natasha, and Dakota (she made Robert call Patrick and Katherine's house), and asked them to come to the station--she didn't tell them why, only that it was about the case and that she would explain more when they had all gathered.

Once everyone had arrived at the station, Kareen and Robert took their guests to the conference room--Kareen had turned around the marker board to hide the pictures from the crime scene before the various Caspers had arrived--and sat everyone down. "Thank you for coming down here so quickly. Hopefully this won't take long.

"Have any of you had any contact from Heather since Sunday night?"

?Of course I have - wait. . .? Dakota paused. ?I haven?t! I?m a horrible kid.?

?Don?t stress about it. I haven?t talked to her either.? Patrick had his hand holding Katherine as he looked from Kareen to Robert. Things were a tiny bit better between all of them. A tiny bit.

?Who would want to?? Susanna?s eyes were even more red and puffy than before. She had been crying even more. All of them knew about her problems, but they decided not to say anything.

?Well, she is our mother.? Natasha looked at Susanna.

?She?s not mine.? Susanna shook her head. ?I know for a fact my mother is not that she-devil. But my father is the devil.? Patrick chuckled while Dakota tried to hide his grin. Natasha looked infuriated.

?How could you talk about Daddy like that??

?Daddy? Daddy? He will never be my ?Daddy?. Take my grandson away from me. I oughtta chop his frickin?-? Robert stepped forward.

?Okay, let?s just calm down for a sec. Remember, we?re doing all of this for Natalie.?

Kareen was trying not to smirk at the family drama unfolding before her, and at the same time, trying to ignore the brief stab of jealousy that went through her when she noticed the affectionate way Patrick had his arm around his wife, wondering where it even came from. She was still astonished at how nice Katherine had been to her yesterday, and she preferred to stay on the woman's good side.

"So none of you have heard from her."

She turned to Natasha. "Natasha, who told you that your mother went to Hawaii?"

"No one called me, I just heard from some people that she had been seen leaving my father and her house Monday morning. A lot of people said she was going to Hawaii. When I didn't hear from her, I just assumed. . ." Natasha shook her head.

Kareen tapped her pen against her chin for a moment, wondering how best to do this. Finally she just said it. "Heather didn't go to Hawaii, and we don't think she ever left town. We need to ask her about a possible suspect, but...we can't find her."

?Mom?s probably off socializing and spending money.? Patrick spoke up. ?I imagine she?ll come back for the funeral, with a whole wardrobe of black clothes just for the occasion.?

"Even if that were the case, I don't think her cell phone would be disconnected," Kareen pointed out.

?It?s Mom. I mean, who would hurt her?? Natasha asked aloud.

?Whoever killed Natalie, that's who. There is someone out there that wants to hurt our family.? Susanna shook in anger. ?And when I find out who is was. . .? She didn?t continue.

Kareen was becoming slightly bothered by their lack of concern about Heather--she knew she would certainly be concerned if her own mother suddenly up and left without warning anyone, and

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Hey SPY! Congrats on Lil Sis!! :D [face_dancing]

Olivia Madders
    Little Ester's

Olivia quickly gave her order. "I'll take some of your delicious chicken and dumplins, toast and the latest on whats REALLY be going on lately." she stated.

"That?s exactly why I missed you Olivia." Ester smirked. "Short and frank but to the point. Allow me to go back to the kitchen, and I?ll be out in a jiffy with your drink, food, and some steamy gossip."

Olivia nodded as she watched Ester leave the booth, heading for the kitchen. Olivia noticed a few folks starting at her, so she just nodded towards them. Poor upbringing. But these were kids nowdays. They didnt know any better. But soon, they went back to their meals, and ignored her once more. Ester returned several minutes after departing with a plate in one hand and a glass of tea in another. She laid them down at the table and smiled at Olivia across the plate.

"Okay, so my first bit of gossip would of course be about Natalie Crane?s murder." Ester leaned back in her seat, as Olivia sipped on her tea. "You know her? Cute, smart, rich. You probably have seen the news, but I?ll just tell you what I know. Natalie met her aunts Katherine and Natasha, her cousin Devon, and her grandmother Heather for a tea here."

Of course.

"Well, turns out Heather gave Natalie an envelope with a fair amount of money in it." Ester?s eyebrows raised. "And then Natalie gave it to her grandfather?s chief accountant. Sounds like there was something strange going on there. Well, they leave her, she isn?t seen again until she is murdered. Then the coroner is murdered while looking at her body. Carlos, the accountant? His car was forced off the road and he was killed. Last night, his killers were found dead. Apparently they shot themselves over the money. Stupid, right."

Ester smiled, as one of Olivia's eyebrows arched itself upwards. Most curious indeed. "What do you think about my gossip so far?" Ester asked her. Olivia didnt respond at first, as she sliced into her chicken, and quickly popped a piece into her mouth. Hmmm. Olivia smiled, as she savored another piece, and then looked up at Ester.

"Juicy as ever." Olivia responded as she took another bite of food. She held her fork aloft in the air, as she chewed, thinking slowly. "I KNEW something was going on. So much on the wind, as they say..." Olivia gave Ester a wink. She was silent, as she ate a bit more of her food, her eyes scanning the area. No wonder the spirits were so worked up. Goodness, she was going to have to do a reading once she got back home. Too much bad blood around. She set down her fork, and looked over at Ester curious.

"I know ole Mortacai. He 'aint one to be taking this quiet like. He always one who want to be in control. But you 'aint mentioned him. Wonder why that is?" she half stated, giving a curious little smile. She looked around. "Surprised you got such good business. And no cops around either. Might strange, I think. But gossip is always good for both types of business." Olivia took a few more bites, then continued. "Then again, seems one they looking for, got a taste for the high end, dont ya think?" Olivia looked down at her beads, and touched them for a moment, frowning. Her eyes got a far away look, as she spoke, her voice growing very soft.

"Still...something not right. Nah. More like.. missing." She suddenly looked up, her hand dropping away from her necklace, blinking rapidly. "Ah well. What do I know, right?"

Olivia stayed quiet, as she finished eating her meal. As she finished her tea, she dug into her purse, and got cash to pay for her meal, and a tip.

"I think, I'll just sit here a bit, before I go, hun. All this news, got my head whirling." With that, she grew silent once more as she began to think of past events. Natalie Crane..nice child. Far too many dark circles around her though. Poor child had troubles. Everyone always thought that money would cure those kind of troubles. But some kinds, no amount of money could wash clean. Wa

20. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The Nichols Household

?Dammit. Dammit, dammit, dammit.?

Naomi cursed as she tossed the phone on the couch. She collapsed onto the floor, holding her head in her hands as she sobbed quietly.

?What is happening Chris??

Naomi?s shaky hands wiped her eyes. She stood up and almost ran into the kitchen. She took out her purse and put it on the counter.

?I-I-I can?t take it anymore, Chris.? She put her purse on her shoulder as she stopped in front of Christopher. ?I?m not leaving you. I?m getting away from this town. For a few weeks.? Naomi ran a hand through her hair.

?I love you, Chris.? She took his shoulders. ?More than I have ever loved anyone else, and I can say that truthfully. But. . .I saw how you looked at that girl.? She wiped a tear from her eye. ?I?m gonna go for a little while. Clear my head. When I come back. . .we can rekindle what we felt when we first met.?

Naomi kissed his cheek.

?Remember that, Chris.? She put her shoes on. ?When you think about that girl, remember when we first met.? She stormed out the door.

?I love you. . .?

Then she was gone.

~End of EPISODE EIGHT - BETTER? WORSE?

[b]OOC:[/b] Tjace will return after Christmas break, so I thought he might like it if I stopped using his character until he returned. It will also help develop some storylines. . .I don't think new episode comes up tonight, but Han's tag is above. So CPL, one more night. Having a new baby at home really messes with the sleep, so now I'm [i]really[/i] tired.

21. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Xander York
    Riverview Medical Center
    So he was stuck, in a hospital bed for few more days. As the doctor left to check on another patient, Xander turned to his mom.

?Mom, I want to see my son and I want to see him now.?

Xander didn?t care about the pain, he had been living with pain since Natalie was murdered. He sat up as best as he could in the bed. ?Mom I want you to find me my son, and get the paternity testing expedited. He has been away from me to long and it is time for us to start building our relationship.? He was bound and determined to get his son.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

"You're crazy..."

It might not have been the best thing to say at that point in time, but it was the first thing to come to his mind. And really, he was in no mood to hold his tongue. He was livid and he felt his anger building with each step she took towards the door. How dare she turn this around on him and blame him for everything that was happening to her. How dare she accuse him of something that hadn't even developed yet! It wasn't his fault!

"There's nothing there!" he shouted at her retreating back. "She was attacked by her father and--she's my student for Christ's sake! Do you really think I would just throw everything away so I can **** her?!"

He paused, running a hand through his hair. "Dammit, don't go and turn this all around on me! This ain't my fault, Nay! Do you think blaming me for something I didn't do is going to magically bring your mom back?! What about Thanksgiving?! You going to run away from that too because you don't want to deal with your family?!"

By that point, she was already gone and Chris was left standing in the doorway, watching her car disappear around the bend in the driveway. He wasn't even sure if she overheard his outburst, but if the barking dogs in the distance were any indication, he was fairly certain the neighbors had.

"Dammit," he grumbled to himself as he turned and yanked his coat from the chair. After that, he couldn't stay in the house - he needed to get out for the night. Maybe grab a bite to eat and swing by the pub for a while. Not like he needed to get up for work in the morning.

As he climbed into his jeep and revved up the engine, he realized that he had neglected to tell Naomi one thing - that he loved her in return. His expression hardened at the thought and he responded by stomping down on the gas pedal, the tires squealing in protest as he tore out of the driveway.

23. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE NINE - WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG?

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
    ? Albert Einstein

[image=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/70/65/a6/the-tide-at-sunset.jpg]

There are many twists and turns in our tale.

But to solve the mystery, you must start at the beginning and move forward.

What made the town of Riverview [i]matter[/i].

Let me give you a little hint. . .

. . .Nah. More fun to watch everyone struggle.

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The Rusty Bucket

?Christopher Nichols, I?m guessing? Heard a lot about you, son.?

The bartender cleaned the bar.

[image=http://allsuperdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/best-selections-for-bar-designs.jpg]

It was slightly packed, as the other two bars in Riverview were. On the lower side of town, which normally flooded every time a big rain came, many people were without jobs. The economy, coupled with the two biggest corporations in town requesting prestigious backgrounds, were the biggest factors. At the moment, several of those type were in the bar.

?Yep, you found that girl in them woods, didn?t ya?? He shook his head as he wiped. ?Stabbed by her father. Heard she was just about dead. You saved the girl?s life I bet you?ll be the town?s hero.?

Another man sat at the bar beside Chris. He sipped a glass of beer. When he heard the bartender, he glanced at Chris. It was the same man Chris had met on Sunday night. He recognized Chris only vaguely.

?You were at Red?s with the crazy guy Sunday night, right?? He asked.

[b][i]Food Mart Supermarket[/i][/b]

By the time [b]Olivia Madders[/b] had left [i]Little Ester?s[/i] it was dark out. The bitterly cold wind had picked up, if that was possible. At this time of the evening, the supermarket was preparing to close. No one was there except for an shady looking man who browsed the medicine section, an elderly woman and her granddaughter browsing the toys section, and several different people looking down different food aisles.

?Hey!? The chipper teenager with some bubble gum in her mouth and a cellphone in her hands was at the check out lane. No one was checking out at the time, so she was just greeting anyone who came in. She popped a big bubble of gum.

Olivia was given some free time to shop as she pleased. She might recognize the shady man as Devon Ross, a very distant cousin of hers. Or the grandmother, Anne Thompson, who helped Olivia out back in the day when she was bright and vivacious. Either way, she was free to shop as she pleased, with or without speaking to anyone.

[b]TAG: Ktala[/b]

25. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview Medical Center

Amy returned her son?s determined gaze. He had gotten it from her.

?I?ll find him, Xander. And get a paternity test done.? Amy leaned over and kissed Xander?s forehead. ?But you must stay here. The sooner you heal, the faster you can get up and get your son back.?

Amy went to the door before spinning around on her heel. She almost said something else, even opened her mouth. But she finally decided against it.

She rushed from the room, leaving her son to his thoughts and memories.

TAG: CPL

[i]Karren Gillis?s Home[/i]

It had been a long day for the woman. Confronting her past. Dealing with a shattered family. She was tired, as expected.

But she wasn?t allowed to sleep anymore.

The phone began to ring only a minute after she had laid down to sleep.

The caller ID read: [i]Mom and Dad[/i].

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

[hr]

[b][i]Sylvester?s Incorporated[/i][/b]

?Yes, yes, nice to meet you.?

[b]Nigel[/b] smirked as he gestured to [b]Vanessa[/b]. ?She is such a good worker. Always gets what needs to be done.? Nigel?s smile seemed a little too wide. A little too big.

?So, I guess the two of you want to get home.? He looked to the elevator. ?It?s scary being out late, what with this killer lurking around town.? He looked all serious for a second, but then leaned back laughing. Vanessa laughed too, but hers was a nervous one.

?Just trying to scare you two.? He looked at Rom. ?Where do you live??

[b]TAG: Bish[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.