main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Xander York
    Riverview Medical Center
    "Cassie Rockford? Did you say Cassie Rockford? Is she any relation to Amelia Rockford?" He pushed himself up in his bed and cringed slightly at the pain shooting up his legs. "Listen, Hun, I need to see her. Go, get a wheelchair, and wheel me over to her room please." He needed to talk to Amelia and if this was the only way for him to do it he would.
    TAG: spycoder

2. Bishomon

Bishomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2011
    IC: Rom De Luca

?Just so happens we need a security guard.? Nigel grinned.

?And I bet you would love to work with your girlfriend to protect her.? He looked him up and down. ?A mighty fine man, you seem to be.? Nigel said.

Rom smiled.

?Maybe I could squeeze in an appointment tomorrow around lunchtime. Wanna stop by??

Rom nodded.

Nigel's phone began to ring. He fiddled with it, eventually turning it off.

?My oldest son.? He waved his hand to shrug it off. ?He might be there too. So, an appointment??

Rom nodded again. "I'll be there. Thank you." he reached to shake Nigel's hand.

TAG: Spycoder

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Tjace is returning in about a week! Also, Han is working on a combined post with me. I?m trying very hard to finish this day and move on to the next so we can keep the story rolling. Hopefully soon Fin will be freed up and able to play.

[b][i]Sylvester Incorporated[/i][/b]

?Well then, I guess I will see both of you tomorrow.? He fixed his coat on his shoulders.

?Did I mention the two of you make one of the most charming couples I have ever met?? He shook his head with a goofy grin on his face. ?I just hope nothing happens to either one of you.?

He turned and left the office.

For now, all Rom could do was go home for the night and sleep.

[b]TAG: Bish[/b]

[hr]

[b][i]Riverview Medical Center[/i][/b]

The nurse giggled.

"Silly, silly."

She just patted his blankets.

"Now, I gave you you're medicene to numb the pain and help you sleep." She looked at his monitors. "Within minutes, you will be very sleepy." She made her way to the door. "Now, tomorrow, if you are feeling well, I'll get the doctor to check and see if an Amelia Rockford has arrived at the hospital."

"You're such a handsome young man." She sighed. "You don't need to go and get hurt more than you already are." She pointed to the red button as she was about to walk out the door. "Press that button if you need me. Though you'll probably be so sleepy you won't."

[b]TAG: CPL[/b]

4. Bishomon

Bishomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2011
    IC: Rom De Luca

?Did I mention the two of you make one of the most charming couples I have ever met?? He shook his head with a goofy grin on his face. ?I just hope nothing happens to either one of you.?

Nigel turned and left the office.

After he has left, Rom commented, "Hmm. Nice guy." Then he looked down at his watch. "it's getting late. How about I take you home?"

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is a joint post with spycoder:

IC: Chris Nichols
    Nichols' Household

The last thing Chris remembered was leaving a message for Naomi on her phone and climbing into his jeep. He had no recollection as to how he ultimately arrived home or what had happened in-between. All he knew was that he had one hell of a headache, a sign that he was starting to sober up, and that he was one lucky bastard for being able to drive home without any incidents. If there was anything he was thankful for with the upcoming holiday, it was that, at least.

As he stumbled up the steps and entered through the door, he took note that all the lights were still lit in the house and the TV was still blaring news reports from its speakers. Or maybe it wasn't blaring....with his head pounding in his ears, it was hard to tell. A curse escaped from his lips as he reached into his pocket to place his keys and phone on the counter. He stopped halfway through the motion as he noticed a little icon blinking on the screen of his phone - a missed call.

His pulse quickened at the thought of Naomi returning his call and without even bothering to check the number or whether the caller had even left a message, Chris hit the redial button and pressed the phone to his ear as it started to ring. He began to pace the length of the kitchen in anticipation, the pain from the headache momentarily forgotten.

?Christopher. It?s Christa. Um. . .how are you?? It was obvious she was uncomfortable.

Chris stopped his pacing and fell silent upon hearing the voice on the other end of the line. It wasn't Naomi - in fact, it was the last person he expected to hear...his sister. A wave of nausea quickly overtook him and he had to lean forward against the counter to maintain his composure. A few more minutes passed before he finally gathered enough strength to speak.

"Christa..." he said simply, smiling dumbly at how crazy this all seemed. "Uh, hi...I didn't--I mean, I'm alright..." There was another pause before his tone changed. "Whaddya want?"

"What the hell is your problem?" Christa asked. "You sound drunker than Uncle Henry on New Year's Eve."

Chris cringed at the response. That wasn't how he had intended to start this conversation. In fact, he was tempted to hang up on her right there, but he forced himself to continue. "I...I'm not drunk," he stammered. It was a deliberate lie, but at the moment, he didn't care. "Look, you called me. Why the hell are you yelling? It's not my fault."

?I was just. . .mom and dad. . .listen, if you?re going to be just as stupid as always, I won?t tell you! It?s two in the morning, and I have better things to do than argue with you!? She was almost screaming now.

?Is Naomi up??

The mention of mom and dad should have given him more concern, but he was too angry with Christa at the moment to take notice. Or maybe, he just didn't care. His relationship with his mom and dad hadn't been the best growing up and he had been all too eager to move out of the house once he was old enough. Christa was the last thread that connected him to his parents and even that was beginning to wear thin.

To top it all off, she had to go ahead and mention Naomi. That actually brought him pause and he hesitated, glancing around the empty kitchen, almost as if he expected his wife to appear and condemn him for the lie he was about to tell. "No, she's upstairs asleep," he said calmly, forcing down another wave of nausea as he crossed the kitchen to settle down on the couch.

He inhaled deeply. "What happened?"

?Now you wanna know.? She sighed. ?Mom. . .called me.? She sounded surprised. ?I mean, usually she says she?s too busy to call. But for some reason. . .she said she. . .?Silence. ?She said she missed us. Mom. That hard rock that never would never open up! She told me she loved me and you and wanted to see us for Thanksgiving.? It was almost only a week away now.

This time, he thought for sure he was going to be sick. He gagged and started to bolt upright from the couch, but h

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Food Mart Supermarket

"Susanna is back in town?" Anne echoed. Anne was obviously shocked. If they were good friends, why didnt she call and let her know she was in town? Interesting enough question. Perhaps she might find an answer to it.

"I may have to see her." Anne smiled as she watched her granddaughter cuddle the doll Olivia had handed to her. There. That was better. It was good to see her old friend smile. Olivia chuckled softly, as she gave the little girl friendly pat on the head.

"Thank you Olivia. You are one of the only people remaining in town who have a heart." She shook her head. "Over time, everyone has changed. Heartless, I guess."

"Aint it the truth." Olivia chuckled softly. Anne gave Olivia a hug. "We?re the last of a dying generation. Well. . ." She smirked. "I never really knew how old you were. You still look like you?re thirty."

Olivia laughed. "Flattery will get you in my good graces." She stated with a chuckle. "I know I dont look that good, but Im old enough to still get things done." she added with a smile. She gave Anne another hug. "Good to see you again. Now get home. The storm that is coming is really going to be a bad one, mark my words. Get your supplies, and get home. I'll give you a call later, make sure you get home, alright?" Olivia gave her friend a nod. "Take care now."

Olivia turned, and with her supplies headed for the checkout. She paid for her supplies and groceries, and then told the girl at the register to put the doll that Anne's granddaughter would be carrying on her tab. She would pay for it. Anne didnt know how lucky she was. She had a granddaughter to speak of. True, it would be better if the mother was taking chair of the kid, but still, she had family. Course, Olivia had family as well, but that...that was another story, for another time.

Olivia grabbed her things, and headed for her car. Something didnt feel right, still. She was glad to see that Anne was doing alright, but something she had told Olivia just didnt seem to fit right.

She would have to think about it. She thought about what Ester had told her as well. Yes, there was a growing foul stink developing. Would be interesting to see where it was coming from.

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Local News

The storm that had been coming the night before was almost there the following morning.

CBS stations, along with ABC, forecasted a monster storm hurtling for Maine. It was bypass the other states near it, but the coastal towns of Maine would face the wrath.

Alongside these reports, the news story of Natalie Crane?s murder had made worldwide news. Mordecai Casper is known in several countries, and the fact that his granddaughter had been killed frightened everyone in the world. Perhaps even more than the storm did.

For the police station of Riverview, they were asked on the fine morning to help prepare for the storm. Get up road blocks and the like. Prepare for the worst to arrive the next day.

Schools throughout Riverview cancelled classes in fear of this storm.

The funeral for Natalie Crane, originally planned for Thursday, was pushed back to today.

Nigel Sylvester made a public announcement that he has decided to allow his workers off in preparation of the storm, but wants everyone to know that whoever he has made appointments with can still come.

Again, everyone in town would know of the storm that was about to blow through.

~End of EPISODE NINE - WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG?~

8. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Naomi Nichols

Naomi awoke to what was becoming an all too familiar headache. Worse, it had snaked down to her stomach and stirred it up. She had called in sick in the past few days, but she had thought it had passed, but here it was, back with a vengeance. As icing on the cake, it seemed, her back ached and her arm was asleep from spending the night in her car on the side of the road.

She had driven aimlessly around the countryside that night, letting her mind also wander. What had Chris been thinking, bringing that girl to their house? She knew he was popular with the students, and no one could deny how handsome he was (least of all her). It seemed a foregone conclusion that this would happen eventually. Chris had often expressed boredom with the small town of Riverview, he had to find recreation somewhere. The town, Naomi was starting to think, would be the death of their marriage.

Riverview had a lot of bad things going around. Her father showing himself at his most ruthless by kidnapping baby Alex, not to mention the killer who had murdered Natalie and the others. If she didn?t need her father?s resources for her research, Naomi felt she would leave in a heartbeat.

A gust of wind shook the car and drove her out of her reverie. She saw a blinking light on the dashboard. She reached up and found that it was her phone, and that Chris had been trying to call her. He had been the one to reach out and try and reconcile with her, she thought guiltily. Everything had started so perfectly for them. Where had it gone wrong?

She dialed Chris?s number.

TAG: Han, spycoder

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Update tomorrow. :D Wonderful to see tjace's return!!! I'm not going to interfere. Han and T, its in your ballpark now.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

The early morning light was just beginning to shine through the cracks in the blinds when the faint sound of a cellphone ringing could be heard throughout the quiet room. It continued to ring for quite sometime before Chris began to even stir from where he had collapsed and passed out on the bed several hours before. He had no sense of time, despite the soft glow of the sky outside, and he was still partly dressed as he rolled over onto his side and winced with a pained groan. The alcohol had undoubtedly run its course and he was left with a splitting headache that was now throbbing in time with the distinct notes of the phone's ringtone.

At first, he wanted to simply swat the phone and send it sailing across the room to silence the noise, but then his eyes adjusted just enough to the dim light to read the caller ID on the phone's face. It was Naomi. So, she had gotten his message after all. Maybe there was some hope for them yet. Despite his body aching all over, he somehow managed to bring a thin smile to his face as he reached out and grabbed the phone.

Resting his head back against the pillow with his body facing the ceiling, he closed his eyes and hit the 'talk' button. "I was starting to think you didn't get my message," he started softly, his voice hoarse from sleep. But even then, Naomi would still be able to detect the relief in his voice. He was genuinely happy to finally be talking to her. "Are you okay?"

TAG: tjace, spycoder

[b]OOC:[/b] Haha, nice! I was in the middle of typing this up when you posted - glad to see it will work out! And welcome back, [b]tjace[/b]! :)

11. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE TEN - A STORM'S A COMIN'

If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.
    - Frank Lane

[image=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/70/65/a6/the-tide-at-sunset.jpg]

Lovers revolve in the maelstrom of [i]Riverview[/i].

Police officers, teachers, and brillant scientists, all preparing for a storm.

Living up to the actions of the past are hard, but to the people of Riverview, they must face it.

To not face your past. . .is to give up on a possible future.

At least. . .I think so.

12. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The Gillis Home

Kareen woke up to the smells of bacon and coffee. Delicious smells, really. Once she had finally been able to get up, put her clothes on, and come into her kitchen, she would find Robert Long fixing breakfast in his uniform. He noticed her and turned around.

?She was one of the survivors, Kareen.? Her held the steamy coffee in one hand, balancing a plate of bacon in the other. He retained the tears that threatened to take over. He laid the plate down on the counter as he pointed to the television. Nonstop national news coverage, and the top story, aside from the coming horrific weather, was the fact that ten people had survived the deadly plane crash into the ocean.

The person on the screen now resembled Robert.

?I already called her. I couldn?t sleep, so I got up and watched TV.? Robert poured another cup of coffee and placed the platter of bacon in front of Kareen. ?You didn?t hear me moving around in here? Anyway, Amy called. I apologized for the both of us. She asked me about us coming in-? Robert stopped. ?Wait, you haven?t heard about the weather reports, have you??

TAG: Anne

[i][b]Rom's Apartment[/b][/i]

[b]Rom De Luca[/b] woke up with his lover in his arms.

[b]Vanessa[/b] had her head on his chest, and at first all was still.

Then she gently coaxed his cheek.

?Did you have fun last night?? She was whispering even in the quiet.

? Or do you even remember? All that wine we drank at the restaurant, oh but you remember don?t you? It was the most amazing night. . .?

And yet, Rom wouldn?t remember. Not a bit. From the moment he had stepped out of Nigel?s business and into the frosty wind, memory got foggy.

[b]TAG: Bish[/b]

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview Medical Center

?Wakey, wakey, Xander!?

The pretty nurse from the night before was looking down at him.

?Did you sleep good?? She shined a flashlight in his eyes to check his pupils. ?Good medicine, what did I tell you??

She patted his leg.

?I checked about that girl. Amelia, you said? She got here this morning. No visitors except family for Cassie Rockford, though.? She cocked her head as she looked over his vitals.

?Why are you interested??

TAG: CPL (PM with reply)

[b]OCC:[/b] Okay, all needed updates up! [face_grin] Remember everyone, write up character sheets and PM them to me for approval, so that then you can post them at the library thread. Use Han and Anne's as examples. So get posting!

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    <...>

A storm. A wonderful full force of nature's natural broom. Wonderful!

<'?!?! What's so wonderful about it? It's just some wind and rain?'>

No. You're missing the point. It is a storm. The full wrath of Mother Nature, bent on washing away anything in its way...

<'And that's a good thing?'>

You fool! People DIE during storms. Evidence gets blown away. Everything is wiped clean. Nothing to find. No one to suspect. It was an act of nature. Of God. And in a way, it is. The storm will come, and in its fury, it will wipe away all of the hidden filth that the people in this town have ignored for so long. And those who tried to hurt the innocent, will be laid bare. Exposed. They will DIE for what they tried to do. The evil they tried to commit. And then everyone will come to see them for what they truly are... Evil.

<'Ahh. I see now. I like that. Too much much already. This will give us a clean slate...so to speak.'>

EXACTLY.

<'Well, we dont have much time. Storm will be here soon.'>

I do not need long. But there IS something I have to take care of first...

<'Isn't there always?'>

<'Fine, fine. Hurry up and take care of your business. But dont take too long. Storm wont wait. And neither will I..'>

Hmm. Were you not the one telling ME to slow down a few days ago?

<'That was before. I've changed my mind. We're in this together, after all. What's mine is yours..and all that jazz ..'>

*chuckle*

Do not worry. I wont be long...

<"OH GOODIE!'>

<....>

15. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008

?I was starting to think you hadn?t got my message. Are you okay?? Chris?s voice, gruff and strong, yet caring, came over the phone.

?Hi, Chris,? Naomi answered. ?I?m sorry I stormed out on you last night. The thing with your student? well, it was just at a bad time. Every bad thing my family has ever done is being returned a hundredfold, and it feels like this is just the tip of the iceberg.? She paused, searching for words. ?I can?t do this anymore, Chris. Not alone.? There was something pleading in her voice, hoping he would reach out to her. For all her accomplishments and knowledge, Dr. Nichols was lost. Maybe, the man she loved could help her find herself again.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

Chris lay in silence and listened as Naomi expressed her concerns regarding her family, explaining that the whole situation surrounding Cassie had only been the catalyst that pushed her over the edge. Of course, there was more to it than that...at least for him. It had been a stupid decision and the guilt was still fresh in his mind. It might have been a family matter for Naomi, but for him, it was a personal dilemma.

"Nay, look, I'm sorry," he started slowly, his tone making it sound as if he was more guilty than he actually was. "She came to me after her folks kicked her out of the house. She needed help and I didn't want to step down...I didn't think it would matter, but then I guess I wasn't thinking."

Silence reigned for several moments and Chris started to fear that Naomi had hung up on him, but then the sound of her voice echoed in his ear, quiet and pleading. "I can?t do this anymore, Chris. Not alone."

"I know," he said with confidence, opening his eyes to stare up at the blank ceiling. "That's why I'm asking you to come home. We'll work through it together." There was a small pause. "If...that's what you want."

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Olivia?s House

Olivia Madders made it through the night, and would wake up in the morning with her normal, older age aches. Nothing more serious than usual, though.

She would be glad she had purchased some of the storm preparatory materials she had, because the news preached about how devastating this storm would be.

The normal mailman stopped by, except this time he knocked on the door. Normally he spoke to Olivia just a few words, a regular hello, maybe. But today he made it his duty to make sure all of the elderly folk in town were safe.

And he thought Olivia Madders was a good woman. Strange. . .but good.

TAG: Ktala

[b]OOC:[/b] Loving it, Han and T. [i]La-ving-it[/i]. [face_grin] Anne and I are working on a combined (as usual [face_tongue] ).

[b][color=red]Happy 300 Posts[/color][/b] also! We have come so far in the game, and I never could've imagined how quickly this took off. Here's to 300 more. [face_coffee]

18. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Part of a combined flashback within part of another combined post.

IC: Kareen Gillis

Four and a half years ago
    Riverview

Kareen glanced around as she pushed her hair out of her face, before returning her attention to the newspaper she was perusing, looking for ideas for places to visit while she was here. Riverview was a cute little town, but there actually wasn?t a lot for sight-seeing, other than the fancy mansions on the upper side of town. The beach was nice, but she had no intentions of spending her entire vacation sitting in the sun, so she was searching for alternatives. She?d noticed an ad for a nice, highly-rated little restaurant she planned to check out for dinner, but it was only one o?clock now, and she?d literally just had lunch; she had at least another four hours to burn before she?d even think about dinner. So what to do until then??

As she looked up again, she noticed that the man sitting a few tables away kept glancing over at her?actually, he had been for a while now, she knew. Normally she couldn?t stand being watched, but for some reason?he didn?t bother her as much.

He wasn?t bad looking?she could tell he was older than her, somewhere around thirty, but when it came to men, Kareen didn?t care about age as long as the difference was reasonable. He had light brown hair, and even from this distance, she could tell his eyes were a very clear shade of blue. She suspected he actually lived here; the town seemed to be in the middle of its tourist season, but she didn?t think a tourist would be wearing a white collared shirt and a suit jacket and slacks?no tie though.

Nope, not bad looking at all?she mused to herself as she turned back to her paper. She caught herself wondering if he was single.

He noticed her only vaguely at first. Walking down the street, he had just gotten off the phone with Katherine. [i]Pick up supper at Ester?s.[/i] He could hear her condescending voice now. Devon was at daycare, which made Katherine especially whiny. Patrick understood her worries, but sometime it came to be too much. His only escape was to his parents? house. His mom was the only person who [i]truly[/i] comforted him when he needed it. All his dad would say was that Patrick was lucky to have a wife as beautiful as Katherine, and a son as nice as Devon.

Patrick noticed the red haired woman only because his and his father?s faces were on the front of the newspaper. When the woman shifted the paper, only a little, he saw her face. He stopped for a second. Katherine?s beauty faded from his mind at first glance of this woman. [i]What do I do? What do I do?[/i] He couldn?t let her slip through his fingers. She was so pretty, he couldn?t just walk on by. He had never seen her before. It was tourist season. He began to walk by, his heart pounding, when he thought of something. He stopped and backtracked to look at the paper.

?Um. . .I?m sorry. . .?He offered a apologetic smile. ?Can I see the front of that paper, please?? He looked around before continuing. ?I just need a little peek to see if that?s what I think it is on the front.?

He looked into those gorgeous eyes. He was mesmerized. And he didn?t know any way to break the spell. Actually, he didn?t want to.

[i]Present day
    Kareen Gillis's House[/i]

Kareen opened her eyes, throwing a dirty look at the clock and reaching over to turn off the alarm before rolling onto her back, rubbing her temples as she sighed in exasperation. [i]Not again.[/i]

The smells wafting into the room distracted her?apparently Robert was finding his way around her kitchen. Coffee and bacon?Kareen?s stomach growled, and she suddenly realized how long it had been since she?d eaten properly; she?d had a snack after getting home the previous evening, but she hadn?t had a real meal since [i]yesterday?s[/i] breakfast.

Shoving the covers off of her, she climbed out of bed and quickly got dressed, before wandering out to join Robert in the kitchen, half-listening to what he was saying, and half-listening to the new

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia?s House

Olivia made it home just fine, and was rubbing her right shoulder. Oh yeah, this was going to be one wopper of a storm. She started her preparations early, for she knew she would be busy later on, and she wanted to make sure she had things ready. She finally went to bed, when she was satisfied. Olivia slept well, and woke up the morning with her normal, older age aches. Better than some people were fairing, she supposed. She moved down the hallway on the second floor, and began to light the silver candles and the one red candle in her room. She stared deeply at the red candle, making a face. "Oh dear me...I better go pull out some of my preserves..." she muttered softly, as she stared into the candle.

"Gonna be a dark one." she spoke to the candle, as it flickered gently, almost as if it was nodding in agreement. As she made it downstairs, she was glad of her old family home. The place was well built, and had survived several direct storms with nary squeak. She pulled out a small bag, and began to sprinkle a white power around, as she walked. She was glad she had purchased some of the storm preparatory materials she had, because the news preached about how devastating this storm would be as she made her way downstairs. Silly people, always waiting late to do stuff. Everyone would run to the store now, and course, things would run out. Folks didnt keep stock of stuff like they used to...

*Knock..Knock*

Olivia smiled, as she heard the knock at the door. "Just a minute!" she called out as she made her way to the front door. As she made her way to the door, she glanced at the clock. Hmm. A bit early. Must be because of the approaching storm. She paused, and stopped for a moment, frowning deeply. She quickly turned and made her way to the kitchen for a moment, and when she finally got to the door and opened it, she was holding a steaming hot cup of tea, and a pair of blue mittens.

"Hello, Oscar. You're here early." Olivia stated with a smile, as she took her mail, and motioned for him to come in. "Oh, I know, you have yer rounds to finish up...but humor me for a moment hun, and have a cup of warm tea. I know its cold out there, and believe me, you'll appreciate being just a minute or two here." She stated with a smile, even though she had seen in her mind something else happening to him. She only needed to keep him here just a minute though, and things would be just fine. She handed him the mittens. They were special also..not that he would know. But, they had just a bit of something special added to them, made to protect the wearer. And he was cold...she could tell that. She pushed back a bit of hair, brushing away what she had seen earlier, and smiled.

"I know you dont want cookies..you are always watching your weight." She added with a laugh. "But, here, feel free to take a jar of preserves with ya too. Maybe you can pass it to Ellie, or one of the other ladies, who didnt make it out to grab supplies in time." Olivia smiled and nodded in a knowing way.

Once she felt that it was 'safe' she took the cup from the mailman, and smiled brightly. "You be safe now, you hear? Lot of other folks depend on you, you know." She gave him a wink.

Once she was sure he had gone, she grabbed her small pouch once more, and after wrapping up with her shawl, she stepped outside. She called her dog. Rufus followed next to her, his tail wagging happily. She wrapped her shawl tightly around her..it wasnt the chill in the air she felt, however. Looking up, she stared at the skies for a moment, and then began to move around her garden, placing bits of powder, into tiny cups that were buried, barely noticeable in her yard. In one area, she replaced the candle that was burning in a tiny protected alcove in her small garden 'shrine'. She had already replaced the one on the top floor of her home. She left some food for the small birds and one squirrel that normally visited her. Rufus sniffed around, and then lifted his head and howled gently. Olivia gently patted the huge dog's head.

"Yeah,

20. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Kareen Gillis's House

"Your phone rings non stop, don't it?"

What now? "Seems that way sometimes," she said, not bothering to check the caller I.D. before she picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Kareen, glad you answered." It was Amy. "Susanna, Natalie's mom, called me. The funeral will be today at 2. They wanted to go ahead and have it before the storm. The coroner also has some information on his autopsy, but he's going to wait until after the storm blows over to bring it. I think I planned on having the whole force come, especially since Xander can't be there. I really wouldn't want him to be." She sighed. "It won't even be a real funeral. Mordecai out of town with Natalie's son, Heather missing. Anyway, I need you and Robert to come in and help set up the town for preparations, but I'll let you go home a little early to get dressed for the funeral.

"It's day three, Kareen. Day three and we still haven't found Natalie's murderer. I'm beginning to feel like we never will."

Kareen hated to admit it, even to herself, but she knew exactly how Amy felt. The first forty-eight hours of a murder investigation were the most crucial, and that window had closed on them last night. The chances of finding the killer were much slimmer now than before. But Kareen wasn't going to say that. "We'll find them, Amy. We're not going to give up on this one.

"How is Xander? I'm sorry we didn't visit yesterday, things just got kind of crazy..."

?Xander? I left the hospital early this morning, and he was still sleeping. It?s okay, though, about stopping by. I wasn?t even there last night much, and he was conked out on medication.? She sighed once again. ?His legs are the worst. Both broken. But he?ll pull through. He?s a strong boy.?

Kareen was nodding in agreement. "Yes, he is, considering what he's been through.

"So what all needs to be done about this storm that's coming in?"

"First off, we need to address the community. Which, I think, you should do, considering you'll be doing a lot of preparing. Also, I plan on closing off some back roads first this morning, with an officer on each to allow people to pass if they deem it needed. Like for Natalie's funeral. Tonight you will need to close off main street, which I think might make a few people mad, but we need to be safe. Also, you could check the emergency sirens and make sure they're safe." Amy breathed in. "That was a mouthful. I have already sent out some other officers, and I know the hospital and the firefighters are preparing. It wouldn't hurt to go and check on the hospital before you head back home for the funeral, but if you don't have time that'll be okay."

Kareen found a notepad and made herself a list of everything Amy wanted done--she was surprised that Amy wanted her to handle the public announcements, and truthfully, she wasn't at all looking forward to it. If there was one thing Kareen hated doing, it was was getting up in front of a bunch of people to make a speech; she preferred working behind the scenes, rather than being in the spotlight. Personally, she also felt that a more senior officer would be more fitting, but she wasn't going to argue with the Chief. "All right. Robert and I will probably be at the station in a little bit, and we'll get on it."

"I'll see you then, Kareen."

And then she hung up.

Kareen set the phone down and tore her list off the notepad. ?Okay, we?ve got a to-do list for the day,? she told Robert as she took her piece of toast, handing the other to her partner. ?Did Amy tell you that Natalie?s funeral was moved up to today??

"Actually, she did. Forgot to mention it." He nodded. "Not as many people as expected are coming. What with this storm and everything, some of her family might not even be there."

His face said it all.

"Depressing timing, am I right?"

"No kidding," Kareen agreed, slapping the lids onto a couple of thermoses of coffee, handing one to Robert. "And we're not even going to

21. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008

?I know. That?s why I?m asking you to come home. We?ll work through it together. If? that?s what you want,? Chris said. Although she was glad that he wanted her to come back, Naomi could tell by his hesitancy that they had a long way to go before their relationship could be healed. And it?s not going to get any better while I sit out here in the middle of nowhere. ?Of course that?s what I want,? she said as she reached down to the floorboard where her keys had fallen. ?I should be home within the hour. I love you.?

As she drove home, Naomi remembered vaguely a report of two more murders in the current wave that had happened not far from where she had spent the night. It was a good thing the killer hadn?t returned to the scene last night, she thought.

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Olivia's House

A confident young man in a business suit, with a shiny blue and gold tie, came marching down her path. In his hands were a briefcase, a cup of coffee, and some papers.

Perhaps Olivia would recognize this young man.

He was the son of Nigel Sylvester, if that helped at all.

James Sylvester was of the highest power, only under his dad in wealth.

And he was coming to see her.

"Mrs. Madders." He put out his hand. "Might we take this inside? I have some business my father wanted me to attend to. With this storm, I can't stay long."

TAG: Ktala

[b]OOC:[/b] Tjace, Han, tell me whenever you want me to jump in. But I don't really think I need to yet. Also, I've been sick with a virus, so that could explain some of my disappearance. [face_sad] Almost over it though, and then I'll be back up in tip top shape.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

After hanging up with Naomi, Chris had made the mistake of staying in bed for another minute, allowing his eyes to close as he listened to the steady rapping of a tree branch on the window due to the wind. Although the noise was rather crude, it had been enough to put him back to sleep. But this time, his sleep was not restful. His mind was filled with all kinds of scenarios of what had caused things to go so wrong in their relationship and he felt completely helpless on what to do to fix it. He was now dreading the inevitable conversation once she returned home and his worry was enough to shake him awake.

When he glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand, he took note that a half hour had passed and he unwillingly forced himself to get up. The house felt cold and empty as he freshened himself up in the bathroom and headed downstairs to the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. He knew it was probably just his imagination or maybe the change in weather, but he couldn't help but feel that it had more to do with his current situation. Was it a preview of things to come?

Chris shook that thought from his mind as he grabbed the newspaper from the front porch and made his way to the kitchen table to sit down and read it over his cup of coffee. He got only as far as the headline on the front page highlighting the crippling storm that was predicted to slam the area when he caught the gleam of headlights pulling into the driveway. He glanced up just in time to see Naomi's car pull up next to his in front of the garage.

He inhaled deeply and rose to his feet to greet her at the door. Here goes nothing...

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia's House

Olivia and Rufus had walked around her home, as she took care of the candles and other items that she placed in various spots around her home. Rufus meanwhile, was more than happy to play next to her, with one of his favorite toys.

Olivia chuckled softly. Her eyebrows knit together in concern however, when Rufus's soft 'woof' turned into a deep growl, as he dropped his toy, and quickly came up on his feet. Olivia turned and looked towards the direction he was now staring at.

A confident young man in a business suit, with a shiny blue and gold tie, came marching down her path. In his hands were a briefcase, a cup of coffee, and some papers.

Olivia crossed herself as she quickly placed a hand on Rufus's head. "Quiet, Rufus." she softly told him. Rufus sat next to her, protecting her by placing himself in front of her.

James Sylvester was of the highest power, only under his dad in wealth. And arrogance. The boy was more a product of his upbringing, if nothing else. Poor boy. Better to learn the truth of things soon, or he would be as doomed as his father. Olivia squinted as she watched him walk up the winding path. Oh dear. That was a bad sign. The boy had a haint on him. Not a good thing. She gently rubbed her necklace as he he came over to her.

"Mrs. Madders." The young man put out his hand. "Might we take this inside? I have some business my father wanted me to attend to. With this storm, I can't stay long."

Olivia stared at the young man's hand for a moment, before she dropped her hand to shake it, Rufus watching very intently for any signs of danger. Her other hand made a quick sign. She then looked up at the man.

"That, young man, depends on what business it is you have. Far as I knows it, I dont have anything that Nigel needs done with me. And I know more about this storm than you do, believe me." Olivia drew herself up, pulling her shawl tightly around her shoulders.

"Now then, what is it you want?"

Olivia watched the flames from the red candle over the younger Sylvester's should flicker like mad, as she waited for him to respond.

25. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Nichols home

The trees were swaying in the strengthening wind as Naomi pulled into the driveway. Although it was after daybreak, she had needed to use the headlights due to the darkening clouds.

As she walked to the front door, her thoughts swirled. She and Chris had had fights before, but nothing like this. She didn?t even know where to begin to try and mend their relationship. You could tell him the truth about No! Not that. Anything but that. Openness was the road to healing, it was said, but some things were too hurtful to share. As long as she loved as best she could going forward, that was enough, wasn?t it?

She tried the door, found it locked. After fumbling with her keys for a few moments, she finally got it open and stepped into her home. There was Chris, standing there, waiting for her.

She stood there, the door open behind her, unable to speak. Finally her mouth decided to start working again. ?Hi Chris,? she said weakly. ?Here I am.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.