main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Sorry for taking so long! For some reason, I lost my first updates I wrote up. So let?s hope these post.

[i][b]Recreational Building[/b][/i]

The screaming sounds could be heard everywhere suddenly.

Loud bangs echoed in the locker room, waking Agatha from her slumber. Her moans were masked by the wind.

Suddenly, something extremely heavy landed on the doors that led to the locker rooms. Groaning noises slowed down until they finally stopped.

Whatever covered the doors from the outside had quieted the outside wind noises. Not that it wasn?t still there, but it had quieted to everyone.

?What. . .what happened?? Ashley stood up, hurrying to the doors. She tried to open them, but they wouldn?t budge. ?No! No, no, no, no.? She put her face in her hands as she cried. ?We?re stuck! Oh my god we?re stuck.?

[b]TAG: Han[/b]

[hr]
    [b][i]Olivia?s Home[/i][/b]

?You?re very nice.? The young woman said as she watched Olivia move around. ?And thank you letting us stay the storm out.?

?Thank you,? the little girl smiled as she patted Rufus on the head. She tickled him under his chin, watching his tail wag. ?I like your doggy.? She said as she played.

?So, Anne, do you want to tell the nice lady about yourself?? The young woman asked. She made some tea and then sat back watching her daughter with an amused smile.

?Well, I go to Riverview Elemen?ary School. I like to paint pictures and. . .sing. I like to sing a lot. Do you wanna hear me sing twinkle twinkle little star?? Anne asked as she looked from Rufus to her mom to Olivia.

[b]TAG: Ktala[/b]

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Chris Nichols
    Recreation Building, St. Mary's University

It was all over in a matter of minutes and aside from the creaks and groans of the protesting foundation, they appeared to have ridden it out unscathed. Well, for the most part. Apparently the rest of the roof had come down during the worst of it and a mound of rubble was now blocking the door and their only escape route.

It wasn't exactly the most terrible thing that could've happened, but if Ashley's reaction was any indication, it might as well have been the end of the world...

?No! No, no, no, no,? she whimpered, covering her face with her hands. ?We?re stuck! Oh my god we?re stuck.?

After checking to make sure he was okay, Chris sighed and moved closer to Ashley, placing a hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her. "Shhh...relax. We'll find a way out. If we can't dig our way through, the authorities will come by soon enough."

The truth was, he wasn't so sure about that, but he had to try anyway...if only to keep Ashley and the others calm. Rising unsteadily to his feet, Chris crossed the distance from the showers to the doorway in what seemed like slow-motion in an attempt to survey the damage. A solid chunk of...something was blocking his view and their exit and from what he could tell, it was going to take a hell of a lot of man power to shake it loose.

Rubbing his hand over the stubble on his jaw in thought, he turned and regarded Ashley for another moment. "You still have that phone on you, right? Why don't you give it another try? I'm gonna see what I can do here..."

Placing both palms on the obstruction, Chris inhaled deeply and pushed forward with his entire body, hoping that it would budge...

TAG: spycoder

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    At Home

"You?re very nice." The young woman said. "And thank you letting us stay the storm out." Olivia nodded, as she set out the warm drinks. "Oh, dont think nothing of it child. I can make up some nice beds for you to sleep. And you're welcome to stay after the storm is over as well." Olivia stated with a smile. "For a spell. Give yourself some time to think. I got plenty of room." Olivia paused, and then added with a chuckle. "And what IS your name child? I cant be calling you that all the time." she smiled.

Meanwhile, the little girl was playing with Rufus. "I like your doggy." She said as she played with Rufus, who was happy to have some attention directed towards him. He rolled over on his side, and happily licked at her fingers, while giving a happy woof of delight.

"So, Anne, do you want to tell the nice lady about yourself?" The young woman asked. She made some tea and then sat back watching her daughter with an amused smile.

"Well, I go to Riverview Elemen?ary School. I like to paint pictures and. . .sing. I like to sing a lot. Do you wanna hear me sing twinkle twinkle little star?" Anne asked as she looked from Rufus to her mom to Olivia.

Olivia smiled. "Oh my. I like to sing myself. I bet you have a very nice voice. I would love to hear you sing Anne." Olivia noted the little girls name. Same as her grandmother. She gave the young girl a nod. "Better to listen to, than that silly old wind outside. Gives ole Jack some competition." she said with a brilliant smile.

Olivia moved, to put another log on the fire. After the little girl sang, she would head back to the kitchen. Her little light would keep the entire night, that much she knew. So she wanted to be ready, in case anyone else came a calling.

TAG: Spycoder9

4. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview, Maine

On the night of the storm, husband and wife find themselves separated. The husband, Christopher Nichols, is trapped in the locker room with three of his students and his boss. The wife, Naomi Nichols, is deep into her work, trying to forget all of her actions from the previous few night. And perhaps they realize that their relationship is crumbling to pieces, and they might not be able to stop it.

On the night of the storm, a lonely elderly woman and her dog find visitors. The elderly woman, Olivia Madders, fixes tea for a young lady and her daughter who have no where else to go to weather out the storm. And perhaps she realizes that her house is under threat of being snatched from her fingers, and she might not be able to stop it.

On the night of the storm, the patriarch of a magnificently twisted family murders his wife in cold blood. The patriarch, Mordecai Casper, extracts much needed from his beloved of more than thirty years and then beats her to death with a hammer. And perhaps he realizes that the murder of his granddaughter is ruining his business, and he might not be able to stop it.

On the night of the storm, a female police officer with a lot of stress on her shoulders lays down for the night. Balancing her family priorities, the biggest murder case of her life, and a former flame who haunts her in her dreams, the police officer, Kareen Gillis, can only sleep sparingly. And perhaps she realizes that after so long the case will get to her, and she might not be able to stop it.

On the night of the storm, a handsome mechanic recovers in a hospital bed. After learning that his girlfriend of several years was murdered, and that she might?ve fathered his son, the young man, Xander York, meets a sweet nurse, and an old flame arrives back in town. And perhaps he realizes that by meeting his old love, his girlfriend?s family might try to kill him, and he might not be able to stop it.

On the night of the storm, the son of Nigel Sylvester is murdered.

On the night of the storm, a murderer lurks in the darkness.

On the night of the storm, a seemingly innocent town faces tragedy after tragedy.

On the night of the storm.

~End of Episode Ten - A Storm's A Comin'~

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Mordecai Casper
    Estate

The Nanny was ruining his line of thoughts and Mordecai stared at her with feverish eyes. The boy . . . Silvesters boy most likely. The question was, did it matter if he could take a sample? Did it really matter? Could he take the risk? Could he actually take the risk of Silvester even thinking it was his boy?

War would be rough. War would be bad for both families and once the fires would set down neither of their businesses would be left intact. Mordecai was no fool. they both had not declared open war the last twenty years because they knew they would bring each other down. But both had probably taken precautions.

"Find the boy and make sure he talks to nobody about nothing." Mordecai hissed to his driver. Then he turned to his Nanny. "Follow me." He whispered and went to his bureau inside the sanctuary. He booted up his computer and began to get otgether his paperwork. "We will travel soon, please pack all your things and get it to the lobby, will ya? I will take care of my things myself. We won´t come back to this house. The boy is in great danger. I have to protect him." He looked up. she might have run, but she was fond of the little boy.

"Now."

Tag: Spy

ooc: How old is the boy actually? I thought he was still a baby, but I haven´t read all of the game, so I might have missed something.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    <...>

<Did you SEE them. All acting like they are all soo innocent. They are part of the problem. Course, they would never see it. So smug. So much fake....>

Actually, I was busy looking at who was NOT here...

<Hmm. I see what you mean. But it could have been the storm..>

No. It wasnt. Nothing would stop them, if it had mattered to them. Would probably order the storm to shut up for an hour or two. They want control. They think they have it. I will show them that they do not.

<What about innocent? Is it still in danger?>

/A snarl, followed quickly by .. *click*
    A bit of silence, before a melon explodes, sending fragments flying. A dark chuckle ensues./

<Well...THAT was .. dramatic.>

But worth it. (A deep laugh.)But I have people looking. Like I said, information is the key. They would never allow information to flounder. Always have to be in the mist of things. They will give us what we need. And this storm, it simply an echo of what is to come.

They will not stop us. We will find them. And they will die.

<I can live with that!>

... So can I. And then both will be saved.

*dual laughter*

<What should we do now?>

We follow the storm.

<...>

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE ELEVEN - THE STORM

[b][i]Kareen Gillis's Home[/i][/b]

Was it the little taps on the door that woke Kareen Gillis from her sleep?

Or some inner sense that told her dreaming mind that something was wrong?

Whichever one it was, little taps at the door came. And on her porch, with the sounds of heavy rain coming down, a short shadow continued to knock on the door.

Once Kareen had finally managed to open the door, a little boy was standing there.

He would actually be very familiar.

[image=http://www.betterphoto.com/uploads/processed/0809/0802242107081bp2-25.jpg]

[i][b]Alex Crane.[/b][/i]

?Where my gram-gram?? He cried in the rain. He was drenched head to toe, and shivering.

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

[hr]
    [b][i]Locker Rooms, Recreational Building[/i][/b]

Christopher?s attempts to move it were only minimal at best. They large obstruction over the doors moved a little, but enough for him to squeeze out.

Ashley had her arms around her body, hugging herself for comfort. Never had she been placed in a situation with such emotional turmoil. She could only whimper as she tried to grapple with the shock.

Perhaps if Christopher pushed a little harder, the thing might move off the door far enough for Ashley to squeeze out and get help.

[hr]
    [b][i]Riverview Medical Center[/i][/b]

Xander York had fallen back to sleep.

A person slipped into his room. A young nurse, the same one who had been there only a while before. She looked at his sleeping form, chewing on her lip nervously.

She didn?t want to hurt him. He had been so handsome, so charming, so witty. And yet, her life was on the line. She inserted the needle in the tube and let the juice spread into his IV bag. They would never know what had happened.

As she left, she crossed her fingers. Hopefully the medicine wouldn?t kill him. A coma state would come for sure, but death was also likely. ?Damn you. . .?She whispered as she closed the door and walked down the hallway. Within seconds, several nurses came running past her. She would see it on the news tomorrow. Hopefully it wouldn?t be a death report.

[b]TAG: No one[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] I apologize for the short update. Tired for the night. CPL is going on a break for a bit, so Xander shall be moving into coma state for awhile. Also, Fin, Alex is around toddler age, four-five years old. And he's very scared. The other two updates come tomorrow. [face_happy]

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Recreational Building, St. Mary's University

After several attempts, Chris finally gave up and staggered back into a broken pylon to catch his breath. He knew it had been a long shot to move the object all by himself, but he had to try. He knew their only hope now would probably be the safety workers - whenever they decided to come by here and rummage through the wreckage. By then, it might be too late.

Sighing, Chris reached up and wiped the sweat from his brow as he regarded the others across the way. Rochelle and Rachael still appeared to be asleep and stable for the time being, Agatha was awake, but clearly in pain - no doubt the worst of the three - and then there was Ashley. The young woman was just standing there with her arms wrapped about her torso and she was shaking like a leaf. The worry and fear written all over her face told the whole story and Chris knew right then and there that he had to try to free them again - not only for himself, but to provide Ashley with some comfort and relief.

Placing his hands on the object once more, he stared down at his battered knuckles for a long moment before closing his eyes and exerting as much energy as he could muster into breaking them free. At first, it appeared as if it would be a repeat of last time with the stubborn object refusing to budge, but with one final push acting as a last ditch effort, it finally shifted beneath his grip.

Chris snapped his eyes open with surprise and glanced down at this handy work with a smile. It was finally working! Gritting his teeth, he started to push again with more force to finish the job. In the end, it wasn't perfect, but it was just enough to allow someone to squeeze through to get help.

"A-ashley," he called as he stepped back from the opening, clearly out of breath. "I-I managed to break through, but it's too small for me to fit or to get the others through safely. I need you to go out there and get help...bring back whoever you can. GO!"

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Olivia's Home

?Twinkle-twinkle, little star. . .?

Anne sang her song for both her mother, Olivia, and Rufus. Her voice was very melodic and powerful for a girl her age. Once she finished, she took a sip of her hot chocolate her mother had fixed her.

?Grandma taught me how to sing.?

Anne smiled, and in that smile, Olivia would see much of the older woman she had seen at the supermarket the day before.

?Grandma likes to sing those really old songs that are fun to dance to.? Anne giggled. ?She?s a funny dancer.?

Anne looked to her mother, but the young woman wasn?t paying attention. Instead, she dwelled upon what had happened that very night.

TAG: Ktala

[i][b]Locker Rooms, Recreational Building[/b][/i]

?Wha-what??

Ashley stood from her hunched over position. She watched Christopher move from the door, and she could see that sliver of area that was for her to maneuver out of.

?Thank God!?

She ran to the hole, squeezing herself through it. Ashley looked back at Chris.

?I?m going to go get help!?

She shouted at him. Whether he had heard her or not, she still had to leave. So she hurried away.

Agatha began to moan again.

[i]?Chris. . .?[/i] It was long and slow. [i]?Chris. . .dammit. . .kill me, please. . .?[/i] Her voice echoed in the locker room.

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] Fin, I'll get your update soon. Waiting on something from Anne, which we have yet to finish. But I can promise it will be finished very soon. [face_happy]

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Locker Rooms, Recreation Building

Chris stood back and watched as Ashley hesitated. She was still shaking uncontrollably and Chris was beginning to doubt that she would have the strength to continue onward. But then, something must have clicked in her mind and her fears seemed to melt away, if only temporarily, as she surged forward through the opening. That left Chris alone to deal with the injured.

Things were under control and fairly quiet at first, but then the moaning started. Chris knew right then and there that it was going to be a long and agonizing wait for Ashley to return...especially when the moaning started to form into actual words:

?Chris. . .Chris. . .dammit. . .kill me, please. . .?

Slowly, Chris turned towards the source of the voice with an expression that mirrored both shock and disbelief. Agatha remained where he had left her, propped up against a pile of rubble with eyes half-closed as she barely hung on to life. What disturbed him the most was the fact that her lips appeared to remain unmoving even through the quiet whimpers and there was no real indication that she had spoken at all. Had he only heard those words in his mind or had she really pleaded with him to end her life?

Again, the words repeated. "Chris...kill me, please..."

Putting a hand to his head in an attempt to block out the voice just in case he was hallucinating, Chris forced himself to move forward in order to kneel at Agatha's side. He stared down at her quiet form for a long moment before reaching out to swipe at a loose wing of matted hair dangling down into her face. "I...I can't--no, you're gonna be alright, do you hear me? Everything is gonna be--"

Are you really going to pass up this opportunity?

Chris froze, his words catching in his throat as the voice returned...this time sounding remarkably like his own. Was it real? Was it in his head? He gasped and shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts as sweat began to bead up on his forehead. He needed to get a hold of himself...

She's asking you to kill her...how dense can you be? It's what you wanted. Once she's out of the way, you'll be next in line. And not only that, but think of your research...

He closed his eyes and pressed his other hand to his head as he began to rub at his temples. While all of that was certainly true, he couldn't just--

Oh, quit worrying, it's not like she's going to live forever. She's going to die anyway...it's inevitable at this point - you know that. By taking her life, you'd actually be doing her a favor by releasing her of all that pain and suffering. And must I remind you again...she's asking for it. It's not like you'll be committing a murder...

"I--I can't..."

You can! This is all about you, Nichols...your career, your future...everything....

His eyes snapped open and before he realized what he was doing, he was reaching forward for Agatha's throat, his jaw clenched together as he wrapped both hands around her neck in a vice-like grip. Without hesitation, he squeezed...tighter, tighter, tighter...until the life ebbed completely from her body and she stared back at him with lifeless eyes.

Good, now you can rest...

That would be impossible now, he knew. That lingering look at those lifeless eyes would haunt him forever. He stared down at his hands as if they had acted on their own accord, but he knew that wasn't true. It had been his decision and he had acted purely on his own desires. Clenching his hands into fists, he staggered away from the body and turned to face the opposite wall. There, he sat and wept.

What had he done?

Only what you had to...remember that.

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia's House

?Twinkle-twinkle, little star. . .?

Olivia smiled, and clapped her hands along with Anne as the little girl sang her song for both her mother, Olivia, and Rufus. Her voice was very melodic and powerful for a girl her age. Once she finished, she took a sip of her hot chocolate her mother had fixed her. "Very good!" Olivia told Anne.

"Grandma taught me how to sing." Anne stated with a smile, and Olivia could see her friends smile in the child. Anne continued happily, "Grandma likes to sing those really old songs that are fun to dance to." Anne giggled. "She?s a funny dancer." Anne looked to her mother, but the young woman wasn?t paying attention. Olivia saw that the girls mother seemed preoccupied, and talked to the little girl.

"Oh yes. I remember when your grandmother was much younger. She was a dancer then too. And she so much wanted to be in the shows back then." Olivia smiled. "And she was quite good." Olivia chuckled softly. "You remind me of her. I bet you will be very good at it too." she added with a gentle smile. She stood up, and checked on the doll that had been drying. If felt pretty dry, and nice and warm now. She gently picked it up, and handed it back to Anne. "There you go. Now you have a dancing partner." she stated as she pushed back the wisp of silver hair in front of her face. She then turned, and looked at the girl's mother. She stood up, and walked over to where she had several large photo albums. She began to dig through them, until she found a photo she wanted. One of her and friend, Anne. She walked back over, and laid the book down in front of the distraught woman. "There's your mom, back in the day." Olivia said with a smile, her finger gently tracing the old photo.

"There was a lot going on, back then. So much. And I'll tell you, like I told her. It WILL get better. Just make sure that you dont let the little things, get lost, worrying about the bigger things." As she said little, she looked back over towards little Anne for a brief moment, and then back at the young woman. She gently laid a hand on the woman's knee. "Now then, why dont we rustle up some food for you, and then if you are tired, you can sleep. Im pretty sure Anne is tuckered out as well. If not, well then, Im sure we can figure out something, rather than sitting there, moping about things we cant change. Work on things you can do. Promise you... it will seem all the much better once the storm has passed." Oliva told her, as she gently touched her necklace under her shirt.

Olivia turned to look at Anne. "Want another tea cake?" she asked.

12. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Locker Rooms, Recreational Building

Agatha?s skin began to grow cold over the period of minutes it took for Ashley to return.

Rochelle began to grown and move around, while Rachael remained still. Neither of them had been witness to the horrible act Chris had just committed.

Eventually, after several minutes, voices could be heard from the dark outside. Pitch black outside, even if Chris tried to look for them, he wouldn?t see anything.

?Hello?!? Someone shouted, most likely a man. ?Is anyone in there??

?Well of course someone is in there!? Ashley?s annoyed voice cut in. ?Why the hell do you think I ran about a mile to get you??

?Okay, Okay.? The man?s voice grew closer. Eventually his face came to the hole where Ashley had squeezed out of. It was Robert Long, the police officer who had interviewed Chris about Cassie Rockford. ?Christopher Nichols? Are you in here??

TAG: Han

[b][i]Olivia's House[/i][/b]

?Yes, please!? Anne said as she petted Rufus, who had laid down and had his eyes closed.

Her mother was just sitting there looking at the photo of her own mother. In her eyes there was much emotional turmoil and heartbreak, but she just blinked, wiped away a tear, and kept on with sipping her drink. She thanked Olivia for showing her the picture, and handed it back to her.

?Did you say you had a radio?? She asked. ?It might be nice to listen to some music while we eat?if you don?t mind.? She stood. ?I?ll help you, too. Whatever you need me to do.? She smiled helpfully.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Locker Rooms, Recreation Building

Night had come quickly and soon darkness had settled its thick veil over everything. Without any source of electricity due to the storm, the interior of the building was nearly pitch black. Chris much preferred it this way. The dark was more comforting than the light in more ways than one, but in this particular instance it was better for hiding things. Across the way, somewhere in those deep shadows, rested his little secret.

Even now, Chris remained in the place he had retreated to in the corner with his back pressed against a pile of rubble and his knees drawn up to his chest. He was unaware of the others around him as he continued to stare straight ahead into the darkness. His mind was working double-time in a vain attempt to rationalize his actions. It was for her own good...she was suffering...he needed to excel in his field...it was all for the greater good...

?Hello?! Is anyone in there??

It was that voice again - the same damn voice that got him into trouble in the first place! Was that the first sign of insanity? He remained still, not daring to acknowledge it this time.

?Christopher Nichols? Are you in here??

He knew he was probably hearing things and now he thought he was seeing things as well. Something moved in his peripheral vision and he was ready to pass it off as a specter of his imagination, but after tearing his gaze away from the darkness, he confirmed that someone had returned and was peering in at them from the hole he had created to allow Ashley to escape. So, everything - including the voice - was real this time. Well, that was comforting...

Now all he had to do was remain calm and talk his way out of this...if he could accomplish that, no one would ever know. After all, it was for the greater good. He was starting to feel more confident already.

He cleared his throat and started to rise slowly back to his feet. "Yeah, I'm here...cramped, but okay." He reached the opening and peered out, taking note that a cop was standing there - the same one that had questioned him the other night. Chris swallowed nervously. "You, uh...you think you can get us out of here? We have injured...and uh, I--I think one didn't make it."

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia's House

"Would you like another tea cake?" Olivia asked Anne. The answer came swiftly. "Yes, please!" Anne said. Olivia smiled, watching as Rufus had turned into a big baby, stretched out and eye closed, happy as could be.

The young woman, who still had not stated her name, was still in filled with emotional turmoil. After handing Olivia the photo back, she spoke.

"Did you say you had a radio?" She asked as she stood. Some music might just lift her spirit. The girl continued to speak. "I?ll help you, too. Whatever you need me to do.? She smiled helpfully." Olivia chuckled softly. "Course I have a radio. I'll just go get it and turn it on for us." She said as she stood up. "Tell you what, you just go into the kitchen, and you'll see the tea cakes sitting on top of the stove. Go ahead and grab one for your youngin, and I'll meet you back here. Then we can listen to something a bit more lively, than me." she added with a chuckle.

Olivia pointed the way to the kitchen, and once the young woman was moving, she moved as well, to get her radio, her smile faded. It was a large radio, something that she had one in some silly contest. Very fancy. As Olivia moved to retrieve it, she paused to look at her phone. Something made her walk over to her phone, and check it, to see if there was any signal coming from the line. Depending on what she heard, might determine her next move. Hopefully, things had not gotten too bad just yet.

But it was best to be prepared, in any case.

TAG: Spycoder

15. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Kareen Gillis's House

The worst of the weather seemed to be in other parts of town; though the wind continued to howl outside and the rain was still pouring down, Kareen saw nothing on the news to suggest that her area was going to get anything more than that, so she went to bed. As a precaution, she left her radio on in her bedroom, tuned to the weather station, and put a flashlight, some candles, and other necessary items in her bathroom, just in case.

After a few hours of repeatedly dozing off for a few minutes at a time, only to be awakened by the storm, she was starting to give up on sleep altogether. A slight tapping noise was adding to the roar of the wind and rain, and at first, Kareen thought it was just the wind knocking a tree limb against the house. A few moments later, though, she began to think that in fact, it sounded like someone knocking on the door. But who was crazy enough to go out in this weather? Slipping out of bed, she quickly went for the door?there was definitely someone out there. When she looked though the peephole, however, she didn?t see anyone there?opening the door to take a better look, she found herself confronted with the sight of a very small, very wet visitor.

For a second, Kareen wasn?t entirely sure she believed what she was seeing. What was Alex Crane doing outside in this storm, when he was supposed to be with Mordecai Casper? Where was Mordecai? And how in the world, out of all places in town, had Alex managed to wind up on her front porch? Briefly, she wondered if he remembered her from Monday night, and hoped that if he did, he wouldn?t hold it against her.

Whatever the case, she couldn?t let him stand out there in the cold and rain, drenched through and shaking as he was. Not to mention he was probably terrified of the storm. ?Come in here, buddy,? she said, gently leading him inside and shutting the front door behind him. Retrieving a clean, dry towel from the bathroom, she quickly wrapped it around the shivering boy?how long was he out there in the rain? Little as he was, he could get sick easily.

?Now, Alex, what are you doing here? You?re supposed to stay with your grandpa, where is he?? She tried to be gentle, to not sound like she was scolding him.

?I don?t like it there.? His teeth chattered as he talked. His words were jumbled and shortened, like every toddler?s were. ?I miss gram-gram and mommy.? He looked in to her eyes, pushing his bangs from his eyes. ?Who are you??

A concerned expression came over her face--had Alex run away from Mordecai? "My name is Kareen," she told him, gently rubbing his wet hair with the towel. "But why don't you like staying with your grandpa?"

?I like him. . .? Alex said as he looked around at her house. ?I miss gram-gram though. Do you know where gram-gram is??

Kareen frowned for a second--honestly, she didn't know if Susanna was still staying with Naomi and Chris Nichols, or if she had gone somewhere else. Plus there was that court order; Kareen did not want to get herself into trouble by taking Alex back to Susanna. And she wasn't sure how Mordecai would feel about even letting Alex visit with Susanna--she knew that Susanna did not get along with her father, and given the way Mordecai had had Alex removed from her care suggested that the feelings went both ways. She suddenly wondered if Mordecai knew Alex was gone yet.

At any rate, she wasn't too keen on taking Alex out in the middle of the night, especially with this storm still going on. "I can find out where she is," she finally said. "In the morning, after the storm is over. But you have to promise, if I let you visit your grandma Suzie, you have to go back to your grandpa and stay there. He wants you to stay with him, and I could get in trouble if I let you stay with Suzie. Okay?"

She didn't really want to wait until daylight--explaining Alex's presence to her parents might be a little interesting, but she did think they would understand--but with the storm outside, she didn't have much of

16. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Locker Rooms, Recreational Building

?Didn?t make it??

Ashley?s panicked voice shouted.

?Listen, sweetie, you?re going to have either get out of my way or help me. I can?t have you screaming in my ear when I?m trying to get these people out of here.? Officer Long told Ashley sternly.

?Well. . .um. . .okay.? She crawled through the hole and came out on Chris?s side. ?Who was it? Who didn?t. . .? She discovered Agatha?s body. She came out, wiping a few tears from her eyes. ?What-?

?Sweetie, get on that side and help me! And Mr. Nichols, if you could, would you please try to lift this off with me. The sooner I get it off the sooner all of you get out.?

TAG: Han

[i][b]Olivia's House[/b][/i]

The signal held on, for the time being.

The storm outside was still going strong, with wind blowing and rain coming down. The chance was high that the phones would go down sometime soon.

?Silly doggy!? Anne giggled from the living room. Noises came from the kitchen as the young woman prepared tea cakes.

?Anne, do you want one or two?? She asked her daughter.

?Two, please!? Anne was still laughing as Rufus tickled her nose.

17. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Kareen Gillis's House

Susanna arrived exactly ten minutes later, as she had promised. She swerved in the driveway, hopped out of her car, and ran to the door. She pounded on it sharply, glancing back and forth. She could feel something was watching her.

Kareen was immediately at the door, opening it as soon as she had confirmed that it was Susanna. "Come on in," she told her. As she shut and locked the door behind her, she added, "Your father's men have already been here looking for Alex...I don't think they really believed me when I told them he wasn't here."

"Damn." Susanna cursed as she looked out the window. "That was the car I passed. They must have wanted to follow me, because they knew I'd come for him." She ran a nervous hand through her long blonde hair. "Why does my father think he can take my only connection to my daughter away from me? How can he? I have raised him since he was born. I was the one who-"

She stopped as she noticed Alex was standing right in front of her.

"Gram-gram!" He cried, a smile widening on his face. She wrapped her arms around him and clutched him tightly in her arms. Tears stung her eyes.

"I missed you, Alex." She whispered in his ear.

"I missed you, gram-gram." He said back as he nestled in her arms. She went into Kareen's living room with the boy in her arms. She rocked him for several seconds, and he fell right to sleep. As she looked at Kareen, more tears ran down her face. "I have to go. If they know I'm here with you. . .he'll kill you. Or ruin your career. Run you out of town. Whatever he wants." She stood up quickly. "Thank you, Kareen. I won't ever say anything about you seeing him or having any part in this." She began to run to the door.

Kareen quickly reached over to stop her--she had been afraid of this, and she knew she had been naive to think that Susanna would make the situation easy. "Susanna...I called you here to give you a chance to see Alex, not to let you run out of town with him. I know you don't want to hear this, and I am sorry...but you and I both know that Alex has to go back to your father."

Susanna shook off Kareen.

"You don't understand! My mother is missing! And she knew about Natalie's affair. I bet you everything I own my father killed her! And he loved her. Imagine if he found out you were hiding his great grandson! You'd be dead in seconds! Now let me go! I'm trying to help all of us!" Susanna stepped on the porch.

"I know, and while I appreciate your concern for my well-being, I have to conform to the law. I don't like it any more than you do, but your father has a court order saying he is Alex's legal guardian. Once it gets out that I let you run off with Alex, the legal trouble I'll be in will ruin my career just as easily as your father can.

"My partner and I explained this to you Monday night, you can fight for custody of Alex, but you have to go through the proper channels. You could get arrrested, too, and that will seriously hurt your chances of getting him back."

Another thought crossed her mind. "And what about Xander, if he is Alex's father? What would I tell him?"

?You. Don?t. Understand!? She screamed as the wind got especially rough. ?You haven?t lived here long enough. You?re learning though. My father is the devil! Sylvester is the devil. They are all devils, and that is why I left! I can?t have him become another one of them. Another slave to this town and my father!? Lightning flashed outside as Susanna saw someone turn into Kareen?s driveway. ?Dammit! No!? She pushed past Kareen, hurrying inside. ?They?re going to kill me!? As car doors slammed outside, Susanna looked at Kareen. Her hair was wet and stuck to her forehead. Alex was moving around in her arms, slowly waking up.

?You have doomed yourself. My dad will kill you and me too!? Susanna sat down on the couch, sobbing. The two men before came into Kareen?s house, one of them with a gun in his hand.

?What is he doing here?? The man without the gun asked Kareen. ?You said he wasn?t here!?

?Sh

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia's House

The signal held on, for the time being. But the storm outside was still going strong, with wind blowing and rain coming down. Might not last too long. Olivia heard Anne as she giggled from the living room. She considered quickly giving her friend Anne a call, and letting her know her daughter was here. But she might get foolish, and try to run out in this storm. Olivia didnt want that. More than enough people were gonna have their lives interrupted by the storm this night. And Olivia had her own way of reaching out to folks. With a sigh, she gently put the phone down. No, it would be better to wait. Let them cool off.

Meanwhile, Rufus was being the perfect gentleman. He was enjoying the fact that he was getting paid so much attention, and was lavishing the little girl with wet slurps as he played with her, keeping her attention away from the storm that blew around them.

Olivia smiled as she put the radio down on the table. She rolled her shoulder. "Whew! I sware this thing has gained weight." She laughed gently. "Well, There are fresh batteries inside, so lets see what kind music do they have for folks not wanting to listen to natures music.." she added, as she clicked the radio on. When the young woman came back in, she waved her over. "Come pick what type of music you want to hear." she said with a smile. "And child, give me your name please, unless you just like having me call you child." she added with a chuckle. "Lord knows, Ive adopted a few down the line." she added with a chuckle.

Olivia sat down, her eyes half closed as her hand went to her throat, stroking the necklace she wore gently. 'Oh, the old man was busy tonight..' Olivia thought to herself, as she sat relaxing on the couch. Yes, there was much happening outside. But Olivia could only protect what was inside her own walls, and right now, she was going to make sure that those who needed it, would find protection. She opened her eyes, and then stood. Without saying anything, she wandered to the 'sitting area' of her home, down a long hallway. She went to a small standing closet and quietly opened it. She reached in a small box, and whispering softly a small incantation, she lit a tiny silver candle that was inside of a silver bowl. She gently laid a sprig of sage next to it, and then closed the door gently. With a gentle pat on the door, she left the room, closing the door behind her. She quietly sat back down on the couch, as she watched Anne and the young woman relaxing. Olivia smiled, watching them.

It was like old times. It was nice to hear the laughter of a child grace the old house. Olivia poured herself some tea, and sat back, relaxing.

19. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The House

Mordecai would notice the limousine coming up the drive. The maid was still crying over having the child run away, but wasn?t as loud. The men opened the front door, carrying in a bundle. They sat him down on the couch before turning to look at Mordecai.

?Found him with your daughter, Susanna. She was going to try and keep him from you.? One of them said.

?We are going to teach her a lesson, sir.? The other nodded his head. ?Figure that, since she?s a fashion model person, we can help that perfect face of hers, if you?d like for us to.?

Alex stirred a little, but the maid moved to pet his blonde hair.

TAG: Fins

[i][b]Olivia's Home[/b][/i]

?Kathy.?

The young woman blushed as she said her name. She focused her attention on the radio.

[i]?There's a tear, in my beer, and-?[/i]

Kathy laughed as she flipped the knob up some.

[i]?Last Friday Night-?[/i]

She flipped another one.

?Hey!? Anne hollered out as her mom flipped the channel. ?I like that song!?

?It has dirty words.? Kathy fiddled with the radio some more.

?No it don?t!? Anne petted Rufus, munching on some food as she did so. Kathy just rolled her eyes and went back to the Katy Perry song. Anne danced along, getting Rufus up and partying with him. Kathy watched, amused at her daughter.

20. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    The sound of keys clacking away was barely audible over the thunder and howling wind outside. With a few strong final strokes on the keyboard Naomi finally finished the report for the day?s work. She saved it to an external hard drive, as always. After all, computers could be easily compromised, or hacked into.

She slipped the drive into her bag, so that she could add it to her own records at home. She loved her father, but she had never trusted him far enough to leave all of her research in his hands. Other scientists at the company had been taken advantage of in the past.
    She turned back to her computer, then hesitated. No, not yet. Let?s explore some other options first. To do that would be to admit that Mordecai was a top suspect.

She left the lab, and got into her car, which was thankfully undamaged by the storm. It?s got to be Sylvester. It has to be. Even if Father did take little Alex away, there?s no way he could be behind Mom?s disappearance. Ridiculous. You might as well claim that he?s the one behind the murder of his own granddaughter! A little lightbulb went off in Naomi?s head.

Oh. Natalie.

Crap! I missed the funeral!
    She hit the steering wheel.

A few moments later, she pulled it back together. ?Well, at least I get to see them throw dirt on her,? she thought bitterly. Her motivation renewed, she started up the car and (carefully!) drove back toward Riverview. She had a couple of stops to make, to get some information.

Naomi walked into Little Ester?s. ?Good evening, Ms. Ester,? she said with a smile. ?It feels like I haven?t been here in ages! I?ve really missed your specials.?

[b]TAG: spycoder[/b]

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: This is a combined post with spycoder:

Recreation Building, St. Mary's University

Chris stumbled and did his best to jump out of the way when Ashley came clambering through the hole in a panic. He should have known better than to so casually make the announcement that Agatha was dead. Ashley had been very sensitive about the whole experience and the sight of a dead body would do very little to remedy her problems. If anything, it would only make her worse.

"Ashley, listen," he tried to explain out of necessity and guilt. "I tried my best to save--"

He was cut off as the cop shouted back through the opening and laid out his plan for their rescue. There seemed to be very little concern for the dead, which struck Chris as a little odd. Did he suspect something?

Shaking that thought from his mind, Chris set his jaw in determination and returned to the obstruction in the doorway. He would do his best to help and maybe he would be able to cover over his deed by becoming the hero in the eyes of the town once more. "Alright, let's give it a try," he called back through the opening. "On the count of three..."

He inhaled deeply and situated himself against the object. "One...two...three!"

Robert pulled as hard as he could. It finally gave way, with Ashley pushing a little as well. Robert let it fall away as he walked inside the locker room.

?What happened? Where are the injured people?? Robert asked Chris.

With his energy spent, Chris stepped back against a mound of rubble and allowed the officer to enter the locker room while he attempted to catch his breath. Instantly, his eyes went to Agatha as light from a passing car briefly highlighted the darkened room and he was once more haunted by her lifeless expression staring into the night. He winced and snapped his gaze away.

"Over here," he answered after a moment, gesturing in the general vicinity of Agatha and the two girls. "There's three of them - the roof collapsed with them inside and I managed to get them to relative safety before the tornado hit, but..." He trailed off and ran a hand through his damp hair."I guess it wasn't enough," he continued more quietly. "That wound to her stomach..." He shook his head and lowered his gaze to the floor.

"Damn." Robert took out his phone and called 911. He reported the location, and asked for an ambulance to try and come. The weather had slackened some for the moment, which might allow a chance for the ambulance to get there. Robert turned his phone off and checked on Rochelle and Rachael. For the moment, there was nothing he could do about it.

"Mr. Nichols, you'll need to go to the hospital too. And Ashley. I'm sure that neither of you were unscathed." He placed a hand on Chris's shoulder. "Are you okay? You look a little pale."

He started to protest at the idea of going to the hospital. While it was true that his ankle was still bothering him from when he had abandoned his jeep and he had a few cuts and bruises evident on his face and hands, he figured he would take his chances over having to deal with the authorities. All he wanted to do was be by himself to prevent any of the truth from getting out. Of course, his hands and jacket were also smeared with Agatha's blood, but that could easily be explained by her wound and his attempts to help her.

His protests, however, fell on deaf ears as the cop approached him further and rested a hand on his shoulder. Exhaling slowly, he angled his head so that he could just barely see the cop's face out of the corner of his eye. Apparently he needed to do a better job of keeping his emotions in check, but his appearance could easily be explained by the traumatic events of the storm.

"Hmm? I'm fine..." he lied, offering the cop a weak smile. "I...I've just never witnessed a tornado before. Shook me up a bit, that's all..."

"That young lady over there told me that they were here practicing ball." As he looked Chris over, Robert's police officer mode took over. "What were you doing here?"

The change in

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Olivia Madders
    Olivia's Home

Olivia was surprised when she finally got a response.
    "Kathy."

Olivia smiled. "Nice to meet you, Kathy." she replied, as she chuckled softly. She noted that the young woman blushed. It caused Olivia to chuckle once more, as Kathy turned to tune the radio, listening to several songs.

Olivia smiled, as Anne called out to her mom, about a song she had tuned away from. It was a song Olivia was familiar with. She watched as the young mother and her little girl seemed to come alive with the music, and laughed, enjoying the moment.

Anne danced along, getting Rufus up and partying with him. Kathy watched, amused at her daughter. Rufus was going to take a long time to calm down after this visit. He was getting petted, and attention, and everything else he could wish for, and he was hamming it up. Olivia chuckled softly, and then stood, letting the pair enjoy the moment, as she walked down the hallway. She had fresh linens in a hall pantry. Always ready for guests, she kept extras just in case. She had prepared for this storm. Olivia put on a kettle of soup, and placed it on low, so that it would be ready in case someone grew hungry. She might get some herself in a bit. Right now, she needed to walk.

She went down another hallway in her large home, and withdrew a small case, slipping it under the apron she wore. She smoothed down her skirt, and then moved towards the stairwell. She looked up. Her light still shone brightly. Good. Humming an old church tune, she then turned, and purposefully walked towards a small shuttered window. Leaning against it, she pulled the old crank into position, and gently rolled the outer shutter up just a tiny bit, so she could see how fared the storm. She listened carefully. No sirens. No horns. It this part of town, it had been rather quiet. Would probably make most folks think that it wasnt going to be so bad. Olivia knew better. The ocean didnt take kindly to being ignored. The storms that came from the sea, tended to be powerful indeed. After listening, Olivia rolled the window back down. and made her way back into the main sitting area where she had left everyone, still humming softly to herself. She took a seat at her roll away desk, and carefully pulled up its cover. She had a drawing pad sitting on top, and Olivia sat down, and pulled open her notepad, and relaxed, her hand loosely holding on to her pencil as she waited for something to inspire her to draw. She usually didnt have to wait long.

TAG: Spycoder

23. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Little Ester's

?Honey, you drop by anytime you like.?

Ester smiled as she sheltered Naomi in from the rain. It was coming down hard, same as it had for the night.

?It?s getting pretty late. Eleven thirty is a pretty late time to be eating. But you ain?t the only one.?

A couple of others had come into to weather the storm, as it was much calmer in there than outside. TV?s played weather stations.

Ester led her to a booth near other people, not wanting to separate everyone out to much.

?What would like to eat, sweetie? I?ve missed having you around!?

TAG: Tjace

[b][i]Riverview Medical Center[/i][/b]

[i]Riverview Medical Center[/i] was abuzz with news reporters.

Xander York, son of the police chief, had just fallen swiftly into a coma. Chris would notice so many people, but the floor Cassie was on wasn?t that crowded.

Her door was ajar.

Inside her room, noises of the TV could be heard. News reports.

Nurses noticed Chris coming down the hallway, and one even greeted him warmly. She recognized him as being the one who had helped Cassie.

[hr]
    [i][b]Olivia's Home[/b][/i]

A few minutes after Olivia had started on her work, a soft knock came at the door.

?Sorry for interrupting.? Kathy smiled. ?Anne fell asleep and I was wondering if you might have any blankets-?

Kathy paused, looking over Olivia?s shoulder.

?Wow, that is beautiful!?

And it was.

For Anne?s face, beautiful features and all, lay at Olivia?s fingers.

?You?re an artist too!? Kathy laughed a little. ?I learn something everyday.?

She grew silent for a second.

?This has probably been the best rain day of my whole life. And Anne?s too. So carefree. Fun.?

?Thank you for letting us come in.?

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Riverview Medical Center

Chris arrived at the hospital to a flurry of activity. Newscasters and reporters jammed the hallways as they tried to get a glimpse of Natalie Crane's boyfriend. Never mind that a major storm had just ripped through the downtown area, apparently they had more important things to cover - like some poor kid falling into a coma. Chris simply shook his head at how ridiculous it all was and kept walking.

Cassie's room was located a couple floors above the main bustle of activity and fairly quiet. Only a few nurses were about attending to their regular duties when Chris approached. A few even acknowledged his presence and greeted him as he passed. He couldn't even look at them. He kept his head down with his gaze focused on the flooring tiles, only offering them a small smile to show that he wasn't ignoring them.

When he finally reached the room and found the door ajar, he quickly slipped inside, thankful that he was now out of view of any onlookers. Since the incident, he felt that people were scrutinizing him everywhere he went. Of course, he knew that was just plain silly, but his conscience was starting to get the best of him. It was not a healthy way to live.

Inhaling deeply, Chris surveyed the room. The lights were dimmed, giving the room an almost rustic feel and aside from the lone figure lying on the bed, he was alone. He found himself slowly inching forward in silence, his eyes never leaving the quiet form lying before him. When he reached the side of the bed, he placed his hands on the hand rail and peered down into Cassie's face with a weak smile.

"Hi," he said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "How you feeling? I wanted to be here sooner, but the storm..."

25. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Big announcement to all my players.

[b]Season One of [i]Darker Tides[/i][/b] will be coming to an end in the very near future.

After deliberating for several days, I finally decided that this would be my best plan of action to get to some important plot points. Now, does this mean the end of Darker Tides? Of course not. A one week hiatus, barring the MOVE, will be the MAX limit of time between play-time. I love this game and all the player/characters.

[b]The finale[/b] - It will happen on the morning of Thursday, in-game. Right now, it?s Wednesday night around eleven-thirty. So, little time to wrap up some things you wanted to get done. Just know storylines will be continued in next season, so no need to panic or try and do what you need. Just try to find a spot you are content with during finale. The finale will be my first attempt as a GM at an awesome post. Music, pictures, color. I?m going all out for you guys, to try and make it perfect. I want to congratulate everyone still around for being with me, and those lost along the way to know they are welcome to come back whenever they like.

[b]The break[/b] - During this time, I?ll be reconfiguring plots, trying to piece and plan some things ahead of time. Now, I?ll also be open for anyone who wants to make a combined and needs my help. Flashbacks, most likely. What I?d really like to see would be some combined posts between players. Han and tjace, as an example, could create a flashback combined of their characters? first meeting, or marriage, etc. And if players need my helping setting up something that would provide for them creating posts together, I?d set it up. After a week of preparing things, we?ll come back (BARRING MOVE).

[b]The return[/b] - A week has passed since we last seen our characters. To put it simply, a week from Thursday. So it would be Thanksgiving morning. The storm recovery efforts are still there, just in the background. Some things have happened, etc. If anyone would like to, during the break, write about what happened to their character during that week and need me, don?t be afraid to ask during break.

PM me with any questions, please. Updates come tomorrow hopefully. [face_grin]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.