main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Christopher Nichols
    On the road

After an embarrassing walk across the parking lot with Dakota literally hanging from his shoulder for support, Chris reached his car and climbed inside with hardly a word to his brother-in-law. The truth was, he wasn't proud of the events that had transpired that evening. What had started as a simple night out to console a friend turned into a drunken bender that had nearly ended in violence. Something like that wasn't worth it and he had every intention to blast the radio at full volume on the way home just to avoid talking to the other man.

It worked to an extent...that is, until a news report broke into the music and caused Chris to bring the car to a screeching halt. Horns blared from somewhere behind and a few curses were exchanged before Chris reluctantly turned the wheel and brought the car to the side of the road, where he sunk back in the seat and began to repeat the report over and over in his head...

Breaking News: Natalie Crane, the granddaughter of Mordecai Casper, was found dead at Riverview Park. Details soon to follow.

Breaking News: the granddaughter of Mordecai Casper...

Natalie Crane was found dead.

Dead.

Chris audibly gasped and ran a hand over his tired eyes and down the length of his face. He didn't want to believe it, but it had been right there...plain as day. Natalie, his sister-in-law, was dead. Chris hadn't been particularly close to her, in fact, the only thing he could think about was the argument that had transpired between them a week ago. It hadn't been pleasant and the experience had left a bad taste in his mouth, something that wouldn't go away so easily. That's why he wasn't particularly sympathetic concerning her passing - he was thinking more about Naomi and Dakota and how they would handle it.

He spoke to Dakota now, not even bothering to glance over at him. "I think you should come home with me," he said solemnly, squinting out at the headlights of the oncoming traffic. "I don't know how Naomi will react and I'd feel better if I had someone there."

...someone there who actually understands her, was his real thought, but he wasn't going to dare utter that out loud.

"I'm sorry."

It was a simple phrase, but it meant so many things at that point in time.

TAG: spycoder

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview Police Station

The police station was stumped.

Amy York sat in her office with Kareen and Robert, her son standing beside her. She had asked them to come with her that way they would be able to speak in private. Emotions seemed to flash before her eyes. They came and went so fast she couldn?t grasp anything.

?Natalie?s father. . .I think there was a big stink about that years ago. Her mother is Susanna. Susanna Crane, in New York City. Maybe she will tell you. She will be devastated.? Amy put her face in her hands. Cried a little more.

A strong smell of pasta. . .
    ?She?s dead. . .?
    A ring in her pocket. . .
    Her son across from her. . .

Amy replayed the past hour in her mind. Everything was wild. Crazy. Unexplainable.

?Mordecai and Heather Casper have been notified, I believe.? Robert spoke up. ?Though other family members might need notifying.?

?But there are so many. . .? Amy sighed.

The pager went off. Amy answered it.

?Chief York, a Patrick Casper is waiting for you. In the lobby. He says it is urgent.?

?Dammit.? Amy cursed in frustration. ?Kareen. Come out here and help me. Patrick is her. . .uncle, I believe. You seem to be a better bearer of bad news than me.?

After the women had left the office, Robert sat in front of Xander.

?I?m sorry, son.? He was staring at a picture on the Chief?s desk. It had Natalie and Xander holding hands in front of Amy?s cabin. A happy moment. ?I liked her too. Such a masterpiece of a girl.?

?I will find her killer. I swear to you. Her death will not go unavenged.?

In the lobby, Amy and Kareen faced the uncomfortable Patrick Casper. He was flustered, angry, and scared at the same time. Patrick kept glancing at Kareen from the corner of his eye.

?I heard on the radio. Natalie. . .she?s. . .?

?Yes, Patrick. She?s-? Amy couldn?t continue and glanced at Kareen to continue.

TAG: Anne, CPL

[i]Nichols Household[/i]

[b]Naomi Nichols[/b] was on the phone with her sister. After her sister finished the last line, [b]Christopher[/b] showed up at the front door with a sobbing [b]Dakota[/b], who had been saying all the way there ?Not Natalie. Not little Nat.? Once they would knock, Naomi would answer the door. Where her husband would stand with her drunk half-brother.

He would deliver to her some breathtaking news.

It might hurt her.

But what she would keep from him would hurt him much more.

[b]TAG: Tjace, Han[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Tjace, you can post the combined post that we (nearly) completed. Just say that Chris and them interrupted both of you and you said bye. Now I'm going to leave a little bit of the next part up to you two. Show us a little character interaction. It's alright to use Dakota if necessary. Just nothing too serious. [face_grin]

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Mordecai Casper
    His mansion

He was shaken awake. The dream echoed still in his mind, as he opened his eyes. But he did not show, he did not betray his own myth. Unshaken, with the mix of patience that came with the age and the hint that he was unnerved by such behavior he turned his head to his wife. "What is it my dear? What is with Natalie?"

The question was put forth in a way, that it made his wife hoepfully feel stupid and hysterical, without him having to spell it out. Because that was what she looked like. Had Natalie been here, that night? No, she certainly had not. He realized that it had been a dream and that someone calling about her was a coincidence. He assured himself so, by checking the gun under the pillow which was still there. Shaking his head he mentally already began to recall their lawyers number, when he started making connections. What had she said in the dream? She couldn´t been saved? Could this be . . .

"Give me the phone." He rumbled and took it from his wifes hand. "Casper, who is there and what is going on."

It was a command. A general unspecified command. and if this person was from anywhere around the town, he would follow it or have a new enemy who could make life very, very difficult.

Tag: Spy

4. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Riverview Police Station

There was some talk of notifying the family; apparently Natalie?s grandparents had been called, and there was general concern over her mother?s reaction. No one quite seemed able to focus, though, and Amy was still visibly distraught. Kareen was about to ask who should have the unfortunate task of calling Susanna when Amy?s pager went off. When the Chief answered the page, Kareen could hear what was being said on the other end of the line:

?Chief York, a Patrick Casper is waiting for you. In the lobby. He says it is urgent.?

Amy?s spoken curse echoed Kareen?s thoughts. Dammit. Of course, the media?s announcement would have reached some of the Caspers before the police could, and Kareen expected that some members of that family would descend upon the station as soon as they heard, but why did it have to be him?

Worse still, Amy asked Kareen to go with her to the lobby to speak with Patrick, and as much as she desperately wanted to beg her way out of it, Kareen could not think of a legitimate reason which she would willingly give.

So she reluctantly followed Amy to the lobby, where a very discomfited-looking Patrick Casper was waiting.

?I heard on the radio. Natalie. . .she?s. . .? he began. Kareen noticed that he kept sneaking little side glances at her, and she sincerely hoped Amy did not notice how uncomfortable she was just now.

?Yes, Patrick. She?s-? Amy couldn?t continue and glanced at Kareen to continue.

Kareen nervously slipped a lock of hair behind her ear before finally looking Patrick in the face. ?Natalie?is dead, Mr. Casper,? she managed. ?We suspect foul play, and we are awaiting confirmation of that from the medical examiner.?

She paused a moment, then added, belatedly, ?I am very sorry. I can?t imagine what distress this will cause your family.?

Tag: spycoder9

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Xander York
    Riverview Police Station
    Xander just sat there and listened in stunned disbelief as Officer Gillis recalled how she and her partner discovered Natalie.

?Robert and I were on patrol in the park. I noticed some blood on a park bench, and when I pointed it out to Robert, we noticed there was more on the bushes behind it. When we went through to the creek?that?s where we found her.
    Xander turned off the headlights of his mom?s minivan as he and Natalie pulled into the park after hours. The advantage of having a mom who was a police officer was that you knew when the patrols would be coming through the park at night. They pulled in as far as they could and parked underneath a tree with low hanging branches. He turned off the engine but left the key in the ignition so the radio still worked.

It was just after midnight on Natalie?s eighteenth birthday, ?Happy Birthday Babe, you?ve caught back up with me,? Xander said with a sly grin on his face. Natalie was practically the last of their year to reach the age of majority.

?Don?t worry Hun, no matter how old I get you will always be older,? she replied. The two kids leaned towards each other and started to kiss each other passionately. Seconds felt like hours, minutes felt like weeks in each other?s tender embrace. Natalie broke their connected lips and pulled back slightly. She looked into Xander?s eyes and a devious grin spread across her face, ?I have an idea.? She opened the passenger door and slipped out of the van. Standing outside the front windscreen she started to unbutton her blouse.

Xander just sat in his seat and took in the show that was happening in front of him. He gave a slight chuckle and shook his head at his girlfriend. Once she had shed her top she laid it over the back of the bench that was there. She started to unbutton her pants, turned and started to walk towards the creek. She paused, looked over her shoulder, and shouted back at him, ?Follow me if you dare.? She then started back on her journey towards the creek.

Xander took the keys out of the ignition, hid them in the glove box, and hopped out of the vehicle. He pulled off his shirt, added it to hers on the bench, and continued after her. He followed the trial of clothing she left behind. Shoes next to the bushes, pants hanging off a trail marker, her bra dangling from a tree branch, and finally the matching pair of panties neatly lay on the banks of the creek bed. Xander looked from the resently shed undergarment to the creek beyond. Natalie was shoulder deep in the water and was playfully bobbing up and down. ?So are you going to just stand there and stare or are you going to join me on my moonlit skinny dip??

Without a moment?s thought, Xander shed his last bit of clothing, joined her in the water, and wrapped his arms around her in a tender embrace.
    ?What about Natalie?s parents, Amy? The media?s already gotten hold of the news, and I?d hate for them to hear about it on the T.V. or the radio before they hear it from us.

?I think her mom lives in New York, doesn?t she? What about her dad??

Xander?s mind was still racing he tried to speak but the words would not come. Luckily his mom answered for him. ?Natalie?s father... I think there was a big stink about that years ago. Her mother is Susanna. Susanna Crane, in New York City. Maybe she will tell you. She will be devastated.?
    The two gleeful young adults walked back towards the van, re-clothing as they went. They reached the park bench, Xander sat down with Natalie in his lap, she laid her head upon his shoulder and just lay there, ?That was the best birthday ever. I won?t ever forget tonight Xan,? she sighed.

?Neither will I,? Xander replied in kind. As they sat there just enjoying each other?s company a spotlight sprung to life and illuminated them. They held up their hands in an attempt to block the blinding light when a voice boomed out of no

6. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Naomi Nichols
    Nichols household

Naomi finished cleaning, and sat down for a breather, letting her eyes defocus. The TV was still on, and she let it run, although she felt a twinge of guilt at one of the news stories. Amongst the general buzz, she suddenly heard a very odd sound: The ring of a telephone.

No one calls this late at night, thought Naomi. Curious, she went over and picked up the handset. Susanna Crane, she read. Oh, great. She clicked the Talk button. ?Hey, Sue, what?s up??

?Naomi!? She spoke absent-mindedly. Something else was on her mind.

?It?s been too long! How have you been??

?Oh, you know, the usual,? Naomi said lightly. ?Not much to do in Maine. How?s New York?? she asked, wondering what Susanna had called for. The two of them weren?t much for small talk. They hardly talked at all, really. Something was up.

" Oh nothing. The usual."
    "But I didn't call to chit chat. I needed someone to talk to."
    "What would you think if I said I had in my possession a two year old child? What would you say then?"

"You? A child? I didn't think you'd have anything to do with children after Natalie. I thought they were, what was it you said, 'bad for your career.' Lemme guess, you found it on your doorstep and don't know what to do with it? If so, you're asking the wrong person."

"Sorry for hitting you with it so fast."
    "I-I just had to tell someone. And I trust you the most. This kid, Alex, he's great. A true delight. No joke at all. But with my career and my social life. . ."
    "I need a little help. I?ve been considering moving home. And taking my business there. And I really need someone to watch my kid."
    "What have you. . .been up to?"

Didn?t call to chitchat, huh. That was the problem with Susanna. She would occasionally show flashes of depth, but she was as shallow as her profession implied. And there was no way Naomi would believe that Susanna, the big city girl, would be homesick for old Riverview. When the circus that was Susanna?s business came to town Naomi would have another thing to put up with, as if the Sylvesters weren?t enough. And she trusts me the most? That can?t be right. If so, it doesn?t say much for the rest of the family.

A knock came at the door. That must be Chris. ?Sue, I?m afraid we?ll have to catch up later. Good luck with Alec, it?s great you?ve found someone to care about. See ya.? Naomi hung up and walked to the door, still feeling her headache. She looked through the peephole, and it was indeed her husband. She felt a guilty flutter at the sight of him. Okay. Stay calm, Naomi. Dakota was with him, so hopefully if she slipped Chris would be distracted by her brother, who looked soaking drunk. She opened the door. ?Welcome home, boys!?

TAG: Han, spycoder

OOC: first part of this post was a combined with Spycoder

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE TWO - WELL-KEPT SECRETS

[i]Earlier that night. . .[/i]

[image=http://www.celebritywallpaperbase.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Hayden-Panettiere-2.jpg]

She walked along the path.

The sky was a faded gray. The final clouds disappeared from view. The sun fled away from the moon as she rose in the sky.

Natalie glanced behind her and wrapped her arms around her body. A cool breeze ran through the park.

The attack came from nowhere. She was struck in the back of the head. Her head smashed into the park bench. Before her crumpled body could hit the ground, she was grabbed by the hair and dragged threw several bushes. The pain was unimaginable. Disoriented, she tried to see who was dragging her.

[i]?Mugh. . .?[/i]

As she was turned on her stomach, Natalie saw a glimpse of the face of her killer. She gasped in the bloody haze. Suddenly water filled her mouth, her nose, her ears, her eyes. It flooded into her lungs, drowning her rather quickly.

She slowly faded away with the murderer?s image fresh in her brain. . .

8. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    CHAPTER TWO - WELL-KEPT SECRETS

[i]Susanna Crane's Apartment
    New York City[/i]

[b]Susanna[/b] hung up the telephone. She had tried to explain her situation to her sister, but it just hadn?t come across. Naomi had always held her in a different light. A dimmer light. Susanna was the older sister. She deserved the recognition that Naomi got. Just because she had went out in the world and made a name for herself, while Naomi worked for their father, didn?t mean she had to be scorned by her family. Susanna and her father had a final spat years ago, which ended with her leaving town. She reluctantly left Natalie in her grandparent?s possession, always regretting her choice.

Susanna thought of all of her siblings. Patrick. Arrogant. Just like their father. Dakota. Such a sweet man. Word had reached Susanna that her brother and his wife weren?t getting along to well. Susanna liked Natasha the most. Gorgeous, Brilliant. Susanna had entrusted Natasha with bringing Natalie up right while she would be gone. Naomi. Susanna disliked the girl. She thought she was queen because she married a handsome professor.

Susanna sighed.

?Grammie Suzie! Grammie!?

[image=http://www.betterphoto.com/uploads/processed/0809/0802242107081bp2-25.jpg]

Alex Crane came running in there. He was giggling as their pet dog, Coco chased after him. Alex looked so much like his mother. Susanna smirked at the squealing little boy. She patted his head and looked at the pictures that lined the wall. She stopped at one, and stared for a long time. Her life had been filled with so much heartache. She had one so many bad things in her life. She was about to take Alex to bed-

[i]RING! RING! RING![/i]

The called ID read: [b]Riverview Police Station[/b]. Susanna pressed the talk button and answered her phone call.

?This is Susanna Crane speaking? May I ask why the Riverview Police Station is calling me??

[b]TAG: CPL[/b]

[hr]

[i]Riverview Police Station[/i]

[b]Patrick Casper[/b] nodded and thanked both of them awkwardly. He couldn't meet eyes with [b]Kareen[/b], and hurried to the waiting area where he would wait for the rest of his family to arrive, as most of them would.

"This is going to be a long night, Kareen." Amy sighed.

"Go help [b]Officer Morales[/b] with that phone call to the grandparents. He looks swamped."

When Kareen would take the phone from the police officer, Mordecai Casper came on the phone.

[i]"Casper, who is there and what is going on."[/i]

[b]TAG: Anne, then Fin[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Again, I'm letting Naomi and Chris communicate. That explains no update for them. [face_tongue] And I'm really enjoying this so far. I hope everyone else is also.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols Household

The news of Natalie's death had taken its toll on his drunken brother-in-law. He was now swaying and his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, but not due to the effects of the alcohol. He was struck with grief and it had sobered him up rather quickly. It also made Chris' job a heck of a lot easier as Dakota was now in a more manageable state. With Dakota's arm still wrapped around his shoulder for support, the two men lumbered up the sidewalk to the front door.

The lights were still on in the kitchen and the main living room, which meant Naomi was still awake. Wonderful. This wasn't going to be an easy homecoming...or maybe he'd get lucky and she had already heard the news. In either case, Chris was in for a rough night, as if his night hadn't been rough already. Once they reached the porch, Chris fished around in his jacket pocket for the house key and cursed rather loudly when he discovered that he must have forgotten them.

"Goddammit," he mumbled under his breath as he released Dakota's arm in order to open the screen door. With the screen now propped open with his body, Chris rapped loudly on the main door and waited for his wife to answer.

It didn't take her long to reach the door. ?Welcome home, boys!? she exclaimed enthusiastically as she opened the door to greet them.

Chris' expression remained deadpan as he stepped inside and held the screen door to allow Dakota to enter as well. So much for Naomi finding out the bad news ahead of time...

"I didn't want to leave him alone like this," he explained after a moment, keeping his voice low and dangerously close to a mumble. "I know you don't like when people come back here drunk, but I think you can make an exception tonight."

He moved past her, avoiding eye contact as he went directly to the fridge and grabbed a carton of iced tea, catching a glimpse of the TV in the other room above the fridge door. A news report was flashing across the screen and Chris noticeably winced. Might as well get this over with...

"So, did you hear about Natalie?" he asked nonchalantly as he took a swig directly out of the carton, not even bothering to use a glass. "They found her dead earlier tonight." He sighed and set the carton down, now leaning back against the counter to finally look at Naomi. "In the park. They think it was murder."

He diverted his eyes, now feeling awkward. "I'm sorry."

TAG: tjace, spycoder

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

Kareen suppressed a sigh of relief as Patrick walked over to the waiting area; apparently he wasn?t comfortable being around her. Fine with her. She had work to do, and she did not need him around distracting her.

"Go help Officer Morales with that phone call to the grandparents. He looks swamped," Amy was saying. Kareen nodded and stepped into Morales?s office, noting that he did look a little tense; she could hear a panicked voice on the other end of the line, and when she offered to take over the call, he all too eagerly handed her the phone.

The voice she heard was not the same one Morales had been talking to, but Mordecai Casper?s tone brooked no room for nonsense. "Casper, who is there and what is going on?"

Kareen swallowed to clear her throat, then replied: ?Mr. Casper, this is Detective Gillis with Riverview Police Department?

?I?m afraid I have some bad news?your granddaughter Natalie Crane was found dead in Riverview Park earlier this evening.?

Tag: Fins

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Riverview Police Station
    ?This is Susanna Crane speaking? May I ask why the Riverview Police Station is calling me??

As soon as he heard her voice a lump instantly formed in his throat making it difficult to breathe let alone speak. ?Sue,? he croaked out, ?it?s Xander.? It?s tragically ironic really. He had planned on calling Natalie?s mom tonight, but not about this.

He choked back the lump and took a deep breath, ?Sue? I have something to tell you, but I don?t know how to say it.? Tears started to well up in his eyes. He sniffed them back and took another deep breath, ?I guess I am just going to say it as plain as possible. Natalie has been? murdered.? As the last words passed his lips he completely broke down and began sobbing uncontrollably. Fighting thought the fit of tears, he tried to give her as much information as he could. ?They found her at Riverview Park in the creek. She was in pretty bad shape.?

Suddenly his grief changed into rage, ?I swear to you Sue, I will personally find who did this to her and make them pay. That I promise you.?

12. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    CHAPTER TWO - WELL-KEPT SECRETS

[i]Susanna Crane?s Apartment[/i]

[b]Susanna[/b] couldn?t speak.

[i]Natalie. Dead.[/i]

?Nuh. . .nuh. . .? She struggled with words. Alex stared at her after her panicked attitude piqued his interest.

?No! Natalie. . .I just. . .she was. . .? Susanna felt the tears in her eyes. Susanna sobbed on the phone. Alex tried to comfort her. ?She can?t be dead! I didn?t-didn?t-didn?t-? Susanna almost screamed in sorrow.

She stayed like that for five minutes.

Finally [b]Amy York[/b] entered her office and noticed [b]Xander[/b] on the phone. She sat in the chair, her thoughts in other places.

?I-I-I?ll be th-the-there. To-to-tomorrow-ow.? She was shaking with each word. Tears ran down Susanna?s face.

As Susanna hung up, a last little voice could be heard on the other side.

?What happen to Mommy??

Then it disconnected.

[b]TAG: CPL[/b]

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Mordecai Casper
    His estate

Detective McGillis did not joke. And she did not bluff. Natali was dead and she had died while he had dreamt of her.

With a shaking of his head he wiped away the thoughts of superstition and then sighed. "How did it happen?" That was his way to ask, was it murder? Had someone murdered his little Natali? Had someone dared to touch his family? Suspects came to his mind and his brain registered, that he had no lack of those. He took his wifes arm and nodded to her. "My street suit and my telephone book, my dear." He said to her and his eyes did leave no doubt this was more but a request. It wasn´t even an order. As part of this family, this was an obligation to do exactly as he told her now.

"Where is she and how did it happen?" He repeated the question again and he swore, if this cop did not tell him what he needed to know the hell he would unleash on Riversides lawmen would make catholics rewrite the damned bible!

"Was she murdered?"

Tag: JediAnne

14. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

There was no desperate denial, no bout of anguish or despair from Mordecai Casper; only a brief moment of quiet, and a sigh?almost of resignation, as if he had expected this. Kareen thought it very strange, but she was not about to criticize a man who had just lost his granddaughter.

At first he seemed calm, collected, as he asked, ?How did it happen?? But before Kareen could answer, she heard him speaking briefly to his wife, Heather, and as soon as he returned to the phone his questions continued, and Kareen discerned a rising hint of anger and impatience in his tone. "Where is she and how did it happen?

"Was she murdered?"

Kareen bit her lip for a moment before responding. ??We believe so, Mr. Casper. Her body was found face-down in the creek, so she may have been drowned, though she seemed to have also suffered some kind of head trauma. We won?t be certain until the medical examiner completes the autopsy, but by all appearances it does look like murder, and the incident will be investigated as such until we are informed otherwise.?

It was standard policy; all suspicious deaths were treated as homicides unless the medical examiner ruled it as something else, whether suicide, accidental, or natural.

In this case, though, Kareen seriously doubted that would happen.

Tag: Fins

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Mordecai Casper
    Estate

Pain. Yes, he felt pain, buta total lack of surprise.

Circles closed and history repeated itself. A blunt club on the head of the back and then into the river. There had been times when things around here had been managed like that. That had been a long time ago. Obviously someone returned to the old ways, right? Who? Xander? Maybe she split up with him. Or Sylvester. Someone from this dirty little breed. Yes, why not!

Mordecai breathed out heavy. Taking his cold cigar from the table next to his bed he waved his wife to light it. "Where? Where have you found her exactly?"

With his free hand, the cigar remained in his mouth as if it was glued there, he pressed the buzzer. The house maid showed up only seconds later. "My business suit and my driver and shoes for the park." He told her and turned to the phone once more. "tell my where to find you and I´ll be there in a minute."

Tag: JediAnne, Spy

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

"Where? Where have you found her exactly?"

?Tell my where to find you and I´ll be there in a minute."

?Natalie?s body was find in the creek in Riverview Park, and the area is still under police control; we cannot allow civilians on the crime scene at this time,? Kareen explained?until they were certain that there was no further evidence to be found there, they couldn?t risk the general population contaminating the scene. ?Her body has been sent to the coroner for autopsy. If you wish to speak with me in person, I can be found in my office at Riverview Police Station?I will probably be here for the remainder of the night, as will my partner, Robert Long, and Chief York.?

Tag: Fins, spycoder

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: Update comes tomorrow. Sorry for delay. Good rping people! [face_peace]

18. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Naomi Nichols
    Nichols home

Natalie is dead? Surely this is a joke. But the look in Chris? eyes told her that it wasn?t. Naomi suddenly felt the need to sit down. She sank backward, but missed the chair and landed with a jolt. Natalie had been so pure, so good. Why would someone kill her? Drops of water fell in her lap, and she realized she was crying. Anger joined her grief as her analytical mind started racing. Indeed, who would kill the granddaughter of the great Mordecai Casper?

?Damn them. Damn the Sylvesters.?

TAG: Han, spycoder

19. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    The Sylvester Ranch

Esmeralda Sylvester was afraid to face her brother.

[image=http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastnight/revenge-emily-van-camp-review-abc.jpg]

He sat in his study. His chair was turned away from her, and only his head poked up from behind it. His jet black hair was combed neatly. She stood in the doorway, her fingers interlocked across her stomach.

?Um. . .?

?What is it??

?Did you hear-?

?Yes.? He turned his chair around to face her. The illumination provided by the fireplace flames shrouded him in darkness.

?I had nothing to do with it.?

But a sly grin touched his face.

?But she deserved it. ?The petted granddaughter of the almighty Mordecai Casper murdered in local park.? I love it!?

He rose from his chair and turned away from her, crossing his arms behind him. He was wearing his finest robe.

?Of course, the police will come here. They will assume I did it. And maybe I wish I had.?

?If anyone digs enough, though, they will find that I am not the only possible suspect.?

He turned back to his sister, grinning.

"May the games begin."

~End of EPISODE TWO - WELL-KEPT SERCRETS

20. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE THREE - REVELATIONS

For me, it was a revelation. There, was revealed a completely different Anne to the child that I had lost. I had no idea of the depths of her thoughts and feelings.
    - Otto Frank

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Mock_mirage_of_the_setting_sun.jpg]

The police station has already seen the effects of Natalie Crane?s murder.

[b]Mordecai[/b] and [b]Heather Casper[/b] receive word their granddaughter was murdered.

An unfaithful [b]Naomi Nichols[/b] curses the Sylvester?s.

A worried [b]Christopher Nichols[/b] watches over his drunken brother-in-law.

A grief-stricken [b]Xander York[/b] holds conversation with the mother of the girl he wished to marry.

An overwhelmed [b]Kareen Gillis[/b] and [b]Robert Long[/b] find themselves stuck with much more than they had bargained for.

[i]And this is only the beginning.[/i]

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    CHAPTER THREE - REVELATIONS

[i]The Casper Estate[/i]

The maid nodded at [b]Mr. Casper[/b] and hurried off to her duties. The butler, an witty man who liked to gossip, asked her what was happening. She told him she had no idea, but that she guessed it was bad. The butler prepared a new package of cigars and put them on the counter. He almost put a little bit of vodka on the side, but he sided against it. He went ahead and gulped it down.

[b]Heather[/b] dabbed on a bit of makeup and then hurried over to her husband. She kept wiping her eyes with a tissue.

?Natalie. Not my little Natalie. Not Natalie. . .? Heather cried over and over again. That afternoon Natalie and her had went to a tea together.

The maid found [b]Oscar[/b], the driver, who had been fast asleep in his room. As he prepared the limousine, the maid took out Mordecai?s business suit and then found some of his less clean shoes. Not that they were dirty, because not a thing in Mordecai?s closet was dirty, but they weren?t as clean as the other items were. The maid laid out all of the items.

?Mr. Casper, Oscar has the limo ready. Also, Dan laid out several new cigars for you, in case you were running low.?

[b]TAG: Fin[/b]

[hr]

[i]Riverview Police Station[/i]

Once [b]Kareen Gillis[/b] had hung up the phone, she would notice [b]Chief York[/b] was back in her office, and would be closing the blinds. A new arrival to the family had went into the waiting room. [b]Natasha Casper[/b], the younger sister of [b]Patrick[/b], sat with him. Her husband, [b]Lucas Marsh[/b], held her hand as she wiped her eyes.

?Kareen, the Medical Examiner called. The body has arrived and she is pushing everything else back.? [b]Robert[/b] nodded at an understudy as she handed him two warm cups of coffee, ?She will begin the autopsy within the next ten minutes.?

Robert gave one cup to Kareen, then moved onto the marker board, which was in a separate room. He labeled the case: ?Murder on the Rocks?. He clipped up several photos of the battered and blue Natalie Crane, along with a photo given to him by Natasha. He then put up pictures in the park.

?Might as well get a head start. Family coming in and everything. Maybe we should start asking them if they had any idea about Natalie. They?re pretty close.?

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    CHAPTER THREE - REVELATIONS

[i]The Nichols Household[/i]

?We don?t know if. . .?

But [b]Dakota[/b] couldn?t find the words to continue. For even he believed that one of the Sylvester?s had murdered [b]Natalie Crane[/b].

?You should go to the station. I?ll. . .w-walk home.?

Dakota fumbled away from them and towards the road.

[b]TAG: Han and tjace[/b]

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Riverview Police Station
    As Susanna hung up, a last little voice could be heard on the other side.

?What happen to Mommy??

Then it disconnected.

Mommy?!?!?

Suddenly the questions relating to Natalie?s death were replaced by a whole new set of questions.
    Who was this child?

Was Natalie his mommy? He racked his brain trying to recall if Natalie had any sisters who would be living in New York.

If it was Natalie?s child when would she have had it?

Who did she have it with?

Was he the father? If he was, what did that mean now?

His mind was running a mile a minute and all he could think of was, ?Mommy?? Xander asked aloud with a look of disbelief.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nichols' Household

The news had taken its toll, causing Naomi to stumble backward before she crashed to the floor. Chris was already crossing the distance between them as her eyes glazed over and the tears began to flow. He had expected something like this - Natalie had been family after all - what he had failed to plan was what to say to her to offer comfort. He wasn't particularly good with words when it came to these kind of situations, especially when Natalie was involved. They hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms and even in death, Chris was good at holding a grudge.

Fortunately for him, Naomi broke the ice first and sputtered an impulsive accusation. "Damn them. Damn the Sylvesters."

Chris' gaze hardened and he rocked back on his heels, studying her intently before licking his lips to speak. "Hey, you don't know that..." He trailed off to place a hand on her shoulder. "I know they're not the most popular in your family, but..."

"We don?t know if..."

The slurred speech of Dakota caused him to pause and lift his head to the follow the movements of the other man. He had momentarily forgotten he was there and it was sad to say that he looked just as lost - if not moreso - as Naomi.

"Don't know what?" Chris challenged, his eyes narrowing slightly.

Dakota began to fumble around, obviously unsure of his next move. He started to open his mouth to speak, stopped and abruptly turned for the door. "You should go to the station," he offered in a small voice. "I?ll. . .w-walk home."

A brief wave of anger passed over Chris' features. "Why the hell would I want to spend the rest of my night sitting around in--"

He trailed off, suddenly taking note of his wife and the fragile state she was in. He sighed, mentally cursing himself and allowed his head to drop. "I'm sorry," he said softly, reaching back up to brush a strand of hair away from her face. "If you want to go..."

He offered a shrug, rising back up to his feet. "I'll go."

TAG: tjace, spycoder

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Mordecai Casper
    Estate

He dressed quickly, adding a shoulder holster and his TAURUS SLIM to the dress. If this was only the beginning he didn´t wanted to be unprepared. Finally he took the golden cutter Natalie had given him for Christmas and looked into hte mirror. The shoes were good and they had thought of his cigars. Upmans, as he always smoked, he assumed. With a long breath he stared at himself. Something inside of him had hoped things would settle down and would not become any worse. He hoped for stability. a staus quo. and he always known that he would not settle down or become peaceful. The Sylvesters. They had to be behind it. Or maybe her lover? Many crimes were comitted out of love or passion. Did she have a lover? He had actually forgotten, if he ever heard anything about it. He realized he was still staring and without a word he turned and went down. His wife was still crying, but he - like a rock in a storm - stayed calm. He did not show emotions before others. Never.

"Thank you." He simply said as his maid helped him into the expensive black coat. "Darling?" He addressed his wife finally. "I will go there and make sure the plice doesn´t overlook anything. Would you care to stop crying for a moment and look up this Private eye from New York? He did a good job finding this bastard the Sylvesters hired to steal from me, last year. And I don´t trust the ability of our force here to find their utt if someone glued their hands to it. So he might be of help. Tell him all expenses get paid. He shall come down here asap. ASAP." The man from New york had tracked down the guy in St. Louis and he hadn´t even charged that much. The thief had not come back to Casper without some resistance though and Jameson had beaten him up pretty badly. Mordecai had given him quite a tip to show his appreciation. Enough to buy him immediate attention he hoped, now that he needed the mans service.

And without waiting for a response he left. He would mourn. he would even cry. But he would do both only after he had killed whoever had done that to his little Natalie.

Tag: Spy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.