main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Riverview Police Station

Hanging up the phone, Kareen gladly accepted the offered cup of coffee?she was going to need it tonight?as she looked over the photographs of the crime scene and of Natalie?s body; part of her hoped the family would never see these photos.

?Might as well get a head start. Family coming in and everything. Maybe we should start asking them if they had any idea about Natalie. They?re pretty close,? Robert said.

Kareen nodded. ?We can establish a timeline that way, figure out what Natalie did today that led to her being at the park.?

Tag: Fins, spycoder

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE THREE - REVELATIONS

[i]Interrogation Room #1 [/i]

[image=http://www.iliketotellstories.com/uploaded_images/kansas_2-786370.jpg]

[b]Natasha Casper[/b] sat in the wooden chair. She was rubbing her tan arms for warmth as she gazed around at the cold sterile room. Her brown hair, that of which almost every Casper had, flowed over her shoulders. She wore an old high school sweater she had thrown on in the mix of trying to rush to the police station.

[b]Kareen[/b] was assigned Natasha?s interrogation.

[b]Robert[/b] would be interrogating [b]Patrick Casper[/b], as if he subconsciously had a hint of some kind of animosity between the Casper heir and Kareen.

As Kareen entered the room, coffee in one hand and a file in another, Natasha jumped. Just a little. Not enough for the average man to notice, but it would be enough for any a seasoned police officer who had been trained in detecting nervous quirks.

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

[hr]

[i]Riverview Police Station[/i]

?What??

[b]Amy[/b] asked her son. She was indeed puzzled as she had only been on his end of the conversation, and had no knowledge of anything else.

?Mommy? What are you talking about??

?You haven?t called me Mommy in years.? Normally she would?ve smiled. But under these circumstances, smiling was off limits. "What did [b]Susanna[/b] say?" She said this as if it was on a personal level. And maybe it was. [b]Xander[/b] knew little of his mother's past, actually.

[b]TAG: CPL[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'll wait [i]TWO[/i] more day on tjace. If no reply by then, I'll forward you Han.

3. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Riverview Park[/i]

Several police officers stood guard around the area. Media from several sources were filming the area as they pleaded for more information. Once they noticed the sharp limousine with a name incrusted on the side: [i]Casper[/i], they would stop filming and crowd around it, banging on windows and searching for answers. This was becoming one of the biggest spectacles and Natalie had only been discovered an hour before.

?I?m. . .I?m sorry, sir.? [b]Oscar[/b] was in awe at the media. A CBS news spokesman was among the rest, begging for answers.

Once the limo would come to a stop, police officers forced the media away from the car. One man was forced from the premises. As Mordecai would exit the car, he would be stunned by camera flashes and the quick questions. A group of people who lived within the vicinity and had already learned of the incident were gathered outside the tape. Some cried, others shook in the cold. But all of them were staring at the imposing figure of [b]Mordecai Casper[/b]. And they were forever stuck with the impressiveness of him.

[image=http://dickiebo.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/snn2103kw-380_760534a1.jpg]

?Mr. Casper, sir.? [b]Officer Elizabeth Palmer[/b] entered the picture. She was tiny girl, with dazzling teeth and silky blonde hair, ?Follow me. I?m guessing you would like to view the scene where. . .? She looked visibly uncomfortable for a moment. For she had graduated with Natalie. She had been in that class, and she had been one of Natalie?s dearest friends. They had parted ways and had only maintained contact after high school through online interactions. When Natalie had finally returned to the small town, Lizzie had met with her good friend once or twice. The second time had been at Mordecai?s ever famous Christmas gala. He had become properly acquainted with Elizabeth there. Lizzie still beat herself up on the fact that she had neglected to reconnect with Natalie.

?Just follow me.? She lifted the yellow tape, allowing Mordecai to pass under and then following him. She seemed pleased to be in his presence. He did have a slightly comforting effect. Fatherly, maybe, ?We believe. . .your granddaughter was bashed over the head with a rather large object. She collapsed and bumped her head on the edge of the bench.? Lizzie led Mordecai over evidence and through the bushes. ?She was dragged to the water where. . .? She glanced up at him.

?You know what happened from there.? Lizzie backed away from Mordecai. ?You are free to look for yourself. I?ll go back and try to calm everyone down.? She placed a hand on his arm and looked into his eyes. He would be able to tell she was almost in tears. ?It?s hit all of us hard.?

Then she walked away.

[b]TAG: Fin[/b]

[hr]

[i]New York City[/i]

A call from Riverview, Maine would make a phone ring.

A man in New York would answer it.

He would be employed by one of the most influential women in the town. He was to be used to investigate the untimely murder of [b]Natalie Crane[/b].

Many things rested on his back.

He was to find the murderer.

Or face the wrath of [b]Mordecai Casper[/b] and the rest of his brood.

[b]TAG: You know who. . .[/b]

4. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station?Interrogation Room #1

Privately, Kareen was glad that Robert was going to be the one questioning Patrick, and not her?their brief encounter in the lobby had been uncomfortable enough even while Amy stood right next to them; Kareen couldn?t imagine the awkwardness of being alone in an interrogation room with him.

Kareen did not miss the nervous little jump Natasha made as she entered the room. Most probably wouldn?t have noticed it, or if they did, they might have chalked it up to Natasha simply being caught off guard, because her mind was probably still trying to digest the fact that her neice had been murdered.

It was possible, but Kareen wasn?t naïve enough to simply presume such things. ?Unless you have something to hide, there?s no reason for you to be so jumpy,? she said, setting her coffee and the file on the table, then taking a seat across from the woman. It wasn?t the most sympathetic thing to say at the present moment, and as much as Kareen did feel sorry for the family?s loss, she still had a job to do. ?I just want to ask you a few questions.

?Starting with: When was the last time you saw Natalie??

Tag: spycoder

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Naomi Nichols
    Nichols household

?If you want to go,? Chris said as he brushed her hair aside, ?I?ll go.? Struck by his tenderness, Naomi turned away, unable to meet his eyes. Pull it together, woman. She was a complete emotional wreck at the moment. If just the news of Natalie?s death could put her in this state, she didn?t want to know what she would do if she went to the scene of the crime. It was out of her hands, for now.

She leaned against Chris? strong frame. ?Thank you, Chris,? she said. A man like him was more than she deserved.

The sounds of Dakota?s departure quieted, and Naomi looked up at Chris. ?Let?s go,? she said.

TAG: spycoder, Han

6. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Interrogation Room #1[/i]

[b]Natasha[/b] watched [b]Kareen[/b] with shifty eyes. Beads of sweat glittered under the bright light. Natasha was obviously worried about something.

?I saw Natalie today actually.?

She glanced at her hands in her lap. Tears fell from her eyes and onto her lap.

?My mother, [b]Heather Casper[/b], invited me and her to a tea at [i]Little Ester?s[/i].? [i]Little Ester?s[/i] was a famous eccentric restaurant that most of the richer citizens of Riverview were seen at often. The owner, Ester, was a good friend of Heather. ?[b]Naomi[/b], my sister, was going to meet us, but she had to cancel. Some party for her department at Casper Industries.?

?Anyway, my mother invited me, Naomi, Natalie, my sister-in-law Kat, and my nephew Devon to a luncheon with just us there. And things seemed to be going well, actually. Natalie joked about Patrick. Kat laughed. Devon talked about kindergarten. He?s a real smart kid. Mom gave Natalie some money for something. . .it seemed like a lot of money actually. Like it was in a pouch, and a hundred dollar bill was poking out. I feel bad now, but I was kind of jealous.?

She broke down then.

?Natalie was so sweet. She was going to be the family jewel. She had the perfect boyfriend. She had the perfect job. She had the perfect. . .? Natasha seemed to be lost for a moment.

?Sorry. I just can?t think straight. I mean, she?s really. . .really dead.?

Natasha cried.

[hr]

[i]Riverview Police Station Waiting Room[/i]

When [b]Christopher[/b] and [b]Naomi[/b] entered the police station, Naomi?s brother-in-law would be waiting for them. He led them to the lobby, which had slowly began to fill. Reporters were stationed outside the police station, and had even made an attempt to reach them. [b]Lucas Marsh[/b] nodded at the others as he led Christopher and Naomi to their seats. He then stood at the head of the present family members. [b]Katherine[/b], the wife of [b]Patrick Casper[/b], held her son [b]Devon?s[/b] hand. Patrick sat on her other side, his arm around her. [b]Robert Long[/b], the police detective, sat on another row of seats. [b]Heather Casper[/b] sat beside Robert, crying softly. Several other cousins were there, along with other friends. Everyone who get there the quickest were there.

?There is a long, hard road ahead of us.? Lucas stared at all of them. His wife was still being interrogated, and it troubled him. Patrick had been released fairly quickly. ?[b]Natalie[/b] was the kindest girl I?ll ever meet. She died too soon. And I know it hurts us. It hurts all of us. But we are together. Mr. Casper is coming soon. Susanna is already getting ready to fly in. When we hurt, we come together.? He bowed his head and closed his eyes. ?Now if all of you would, could you please bow your heads. We need to pray.?

?Natalie. Natalie, we love you. We all here, and we all are thinking about you.? Lucas then changed to whom he was speaking to. ?God, please help all of us. Please ease the pain that will come in the next few days and weeks. And even months. I know you can do it. You wanted Natalie in your kingdom. And you have one mighty fine angel up there.?

Heather wailed in sorrow. Katherine couldn?t stop the flow of tears.

?Please bless us. Amen.? Lucas raised his head. ?Now, as all of you know, the police officers are questioning all of us. Thank you, Mr. Long for your?s and Officer Kareen?s diligence in this matter. The police are trying to piece together a timeline of the events that led up to Natalie?s murder. None of this is meant to be taken accusingly. It is just mandatory. Thank you.? Lucas went to sit down.

[image=http://www.celebrityrush.com/celebrity-pictures/Kim-Kardashian-1286957692-29.jpg]

?Naomi.? Katherine moved seats and went to sit by her sister-in-law. "I don't think I can hold up. If I had known. . .at the luncheon today. . .I would've tried to help her. I-I wish you could've come. I guess you had that work party and everything, but. . .knowing that we'll never see Natalie again.

7. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Natasha admitted to having seen Natalie earlier in the day, at lunch with several of the other Casper women, plus Devon Casper, whom Kareen knew to be Patrick?s son. A tiny part of her wanted to know what the joke about Patrick was, just because she was curious, but Kareen knew that such a question was inappropriate and irrelevant to the case.

The mention that Heather Casper had given Natalie an undisclosed and seemingly large amount of money intrigued her, and it was definitely something she would have to follow up on. What could Natalie have possibly needed it for? What had happened to it?for it certainly had not turned up at the crime scene.

Kareen still got the feeling that there was something Natasha wasn?t telling her, but before she could question her further, the other woman started to cry.

Kareen hated it when they cried?she was not an insensitive person, but it always made her feel guilty, knowing that the particular and specific questions she had to ask as part of her job were only adding to a person?s pain, reminding them in a very blunt manner that their loved one was gone forever.

After letting Natasha weep for a few moments, Kareen had to press on. ?I am very sorry. I know this is difficult, but this shouldn?t take much longer, and then you can go back to your family.

?Do you know where Natalie went after lunch? Did she happen to say anything about any plans she had for the rest of the day?

8. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Riverview Police Station - Interrogation Room #1[/i]

[b]Natasha[/b] glanced at [b]Kareen[/b].

She wouldn?t look her in the eye.

?No.?

?She didn?t mention anything to me.?

And then she went silent.

There was still something Natasha was keeping quiet about. Something she knew.

9. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Natasha?s response immediately threw up a red flag in Kareen?s mind. Frowning, the detective shifted her position, so Natasha had no choice but to look at her.

?Do you want to try that one again? Because somehow I?m not convinced.?

She waited a moment, then added, ?Lying to me doesn?t help us find Natalie?s killer any faster. Not to mention, it doesn't exactly make you look good, either.?

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Riverview Police Station, Interrogation Room #1 [/i]

[b]Natasha[/b] glared at [b]Kareen[/b].

?I. . .?

Then Natasha stared off in space. Something came to her mind. An idea, possibly.

?She had a kid. I know that. And mom might?ve been giving her money for the kid or something. She didn?t want me to tell. And I wasn?t even supposed to know. I just happened to find out. And she said she was going to go. . .shopping, maybe? I really can?t remember. I-I?m really tired. . .and. . .? Natasha did look tired.

And even though that had been a rather large secret, Natasha still seemed a little troubled. Not as bad. Perhaps not even noticeable. Just a little. Not enough to worry, for the moment. Besides, they were many more family members in the lobby.

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Posting montage! [face_tongue]

11. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

?She had a kid.?

That threw Kareen for a loop. Natalie had a child?!

This revelation brought forth a dozen more questions. When had this happened? Who was the child?s father? Xander? Somehow, though she disliked the thought, Kareen found herself doubting?or if Xander was the father, Amy certainly didn?t know anything about it. Did Xander know about the child?

?I know that. And mom might?ve been giving her money for the kid or something. She didn?t want me to tell. And I wasn?t even supposed to know. I just happened to find out. And she said she was going to go. . .shopping, maybe? I really can?t remember. I-I?m really tired. . .and. . .? Natasha did look tired.

Kareen still had questions she wanted to ask, and she still thought Natasha might be hiding something, but she didn?t think she was going to get anything else out of Natasha tonight. There were still other family members to interview, and they could always question Natasha again at a later time. Besides, Kareen needed a break after this bombshell.

?All right, we?ll call it done for now,? Kareen said as she got to her feet and ushered Natasha towards the door, ?but I would appreciate it if you could keep yourself available in case we have any other questions for you in the future.?

12. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Riverview Police Station, Interrogation Room #1[/i]

?Y-yes. . .?

[b]Natasha[/b] staggered out the door. She stumbled a couple of steps forward, glanced back at [b]Kareen[/b], and then went back into the lobby. Where the others had just finished talking.

?[b]Heather[/b], I think you should go see Kareen.? [b]Robert[/b] could be heard saying.

The grieving older woman who still held an unimaginable amount of strength and beauty in her face came into the room with Kareen. This was the first time she had ever been inside one of these rooms. And she wished she was anywhere else but here. She sat down in the wooden chair and lowered her tissue.

?I know what you?re going to ask, Officer. . .Gillis, is it?? Heather knew exactly who Kareen was. She had her son followed when he had been making many trips to Portland. She had actually been the one to notify [b]Katherine[/b] of the affair. She had been the one to end a relationship that had been perfect, just to keep her image intact. ?You want to know why I gave my granddaughter a handful of cash.?

Heather stared Kareen in the eye. Even with the tears, her eyes were like steel. She was trained, being the wife of Mordecai Casper.

?I?m afraid I can?t tell you.?

13. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Natasha rejoined her family in the lobby, while her mother, Heather Casper, replaced her in the interrogation room. The older woman did not wait for Kareen to start asking questions.

?I know what you?re going to ask, Officer. . .Gillis, is it? You want to know why I gave my granddaughter a handful of cash.?

Unlike Natasha, who had been reluctant to meet Kareen?s eyes, Heather looked her square in the face, and even through the tears, her gaze was hard and cold. Kareen did not like the way the woman was looking at her.

?I?m afraid I can?t tell you.?

Kareen decided not to beat about the bush, and cut right to the chase. ?Did it have anything to do with her child??

It was a risky question?she wasn?t certain if Heather even knew about the child, but even if she didn?t, Kareen needed to know what that money was for.

14. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

?I?m surprised, [b]Kareen[/b].?

[b]Heather?s[/b] eyes betrayed the smug way she tossed around Kareen?s name.

?You really are the best detective in town.? Her eyes narrowed. All the tears had froze in her eyes from the chilly expression on her face. ?But not in Portland. Oh no, not in big Portland. Because if you would?ve been the best detective, you would?ve known you were fooling around with a married man.?

?And you would?ve known that his mother knew about the two of you. And she would send people to watch you. And she would tell his wife.?

Heather smiled at Kareen.

?Now, to answer your question, no, this is not about my grandson. He is not even involved in this. I would suggest you allow me to go back outside and grieve with my family. Because my good friend is outside with my phone. If I don?t walk back out in two minutes, pictures of you and Patrick will be emailed to everyone in town.?

?You will be destroyed.?

?You're a smart girl, Kareen. Stay out of it. This has nothing to do with my granddaughter?s murder.?

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Christopher Nichols
    Waiting Room, Riverview Police Station

Chris was out of his element as soon as they set foot within the police station. He withdrew into himself and he kept his head down, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable. Cops generally had that kind of reaction on people, but this was different. This had nothing to do with the local authorities and had everything to do with family. Chris had suspected for a very long time that several members on the Casper side had it out for him. Naomi had tried to say otherwise, but it was hard to ignore the stares and the general feeling of awkwardness in the air every time he came around.

Well, that was fine with him. He didn't like half of them himself - including the late Natalie - and had made a point to keep his distance whenever they had family gatherings. Of course, he would put on a fake front to try and appear amicable, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to do so as the months went by.

That's why tonight he didn't even think twice about bypassing the throng of Caspers and finding a seat off to the side by himself. Naomi's brother-in-law, Lucas, was just beginning a moving speech as Chris settled down into the chair and inched forward, being quite content with staring down at his feet. If truth be told, he thought this was all ridiculous - the speech, the whimpering from around the room and especially the prayer that followed.

Chris inwardly cringed and glanced up in mild disbelief as Lucas spilled out his heart to some make-believe 'god.' Sure, he understood the need to turn to the spiritual in times of grief, but then there was taking things too far. Maybe his lack of faith was yet another strike against him and cause for some of the animosity.

After the awkward moment passed, Lucas decided to take a seat beside Chris of all people. He looked over and offered a slight nod in greeting, hoping it would be enough to let him be. No such luck.

"She's dead," Lucas muttered hoarsely, obviously trying to keep himself together.

Chris remained silent for a long moment, digesting the meaning of those words, before returning his gaze to his feet. He shrugged slightly as he began to turn his hands about nervously. "Yeah," he finally drawled, not knowing what else to say. "It's a shame. She was a good kid."

Of course, he was lying through his teeth. It made it sound good.

"She had a lot going for her. She'll be missed."

TAG: spycoder, tjace, others at police station

16. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Riverview Police Station, Waiting Room[/i]

[b]Lucas[/b] rubbed his face with his hand. [b]Natasha[/b] suddenly came from the interrogation room, stumbling around. Lucas got up and held her in his arms for several minutes.

?Natasha?s a little sick. I?m going to take her home. I don?t think she can handle being here much longer.?

Lucas lead his wife from the room. She glanced over at Chris, and she caught his eye. She looked guilty, for some reason. Guilty of something. Then she was gone.

?Christopher Nichols, am I right??

[b]Robert Long[/b] asked him.

?As you heard, we?re having to question everyone. Since your wife is talking, would you care to go ahead and get your statements over with? It?d be a big help to us.?

[b]TAG: Han[/b]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Riverview Police Station

The conversation ended abruptly when Lucas' wife came stumbling from the interrogation room. She looked like hell and Lucas was quick to pick up on that fact. He suggested that she take her home to rest and the couple briskly moved for the door, but not before the woman, Natasha, made eye contact. There was something there...something amiss. Chris could read it right away and before he could act upon it, she had diverted her eyes and was gone. There was no mistaking that expression - she was guilty of something. Chris had seen it plenty of times before from his students and other aspects of his past.

"Christopher Nichols, am I right?" a voice called from nearby.

Chris glanced over at the mention of his name, tearing his gaze away from the spot where Natasha and Lucas had been moments before. A police officer was standing there and he felt his stomach drop. Of course, leave it to the cops to pick on the guy minding his own business...

"You can call me Chris," he corrected, standing up to regard the other man.

"As you heard, we?re having to question everyone," the man explained, sounding as if he was reciting the same tired speech. "Since your wife is talking, would you care to go ahead and get your statements over with? It?d be a big help to us."

Turning, he took note that Naomi was indeed off talking with other members of the family. He reached up and rubbed idly at the back of his neck. How did he keep missing little things like that? If he kept it up, that was bound to get him in trouble one of these days...

"Sure," he obliged in a deadpan voice. "Might as well get it over with."

He started to walk, not even bothering to wait for the officer.

TAG: spycoder, others in police station

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Kareen could feel the blood draining from her face. Horror, anger, embarrassment, shame flooded her, and now she was the one to look away.

From the second she and Robert had discovered Natalie?s body, Kareen had feared and dreaded this confrontation?except she had expected to be having it with Katherine.

But as much as it bothered her that Heather knew about the affair?that she had been the one to tell Katherine, to boot?the threat of exposure bothered her a whole lot more. The relationship was over?Kareen had ended it herself, after a particularly nasty phone call from Katherine that had revealed Patrick?s married state, and until tonight, she had not spoken to Patrick since. But Kareen had a nagging feeling that that wouldn?t matter if news of the affair got out in town. Heather was right; it would ruin Kareen?s reputation, and, more than that, she would lose all credibility as a detective and a police officer. Her career would be over, along with any life she might have in Riverview.

But Kareen couldn?t let herself be intimidated, not yet, so she somehow managed to meet Heather?s eyes once more. When she spoke, her voice was surprisingly calm, despite her inner turmoil.

?That seems awfully extreme?ruin my reputation and my career, not to mention publically embarrass Patrick and Katherine, just to keep me off the money trail?

?And you must know that I can?t just take your word for it that the money doesn?t have anything to do with the murder?and even if I don?t investigate it myself, someone will have to prove it sooner or later.?

19. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[b]Heather?s[/b] icy smile grew even wider.

?Extreme? Honey, you don?t have any idea of what the email contains. You and [b]Patrick[/b] kissing in the window. And below it is my own special touch that details how you forced yourself upon the married man. And how you only wanted him for his family fortune.?

?You have learned your first lesson in this town, [b]Kareen[/b].?

?If you lie down with the dogs, you get up with fleas.?

Heather cocked her head to the side.

?The money? That is the real question.? She smiled once again. ?You can keep me here for the rest of my life. Just know that Patrick might not like that very well.?

?And my husband. I?m sure you?ve heard of [b]Mordecai[/b]. He will not like you withholding the grieving grandmother.?

?You have yourself a dilemma. Keep me here, risk your reputation, your career, everything. Or let me go and continue to have a chance at your life. Get married, have children.?

Heather glanced at her watch.

?Pick. You have one minute left.?

[hr]

[i]Interrogation Room #2[/i]

[b]Robert[/b] sat down at his side of the table, facing [b]Chris[/b]. He had never actually spoken to the man before now, just heard about him. It was rumored [b]Mordecai Casper[/b] disapproved of his daughter?s decision in marrying a college professor. Why, Robert had heard many different reasons. But he believed that you never blame anyone for anything unless it has been proven absolutely true.

?So, Christopher Nichols. Science Professor at Riverview Community College. Husband to [b]Naomi Casper[/b]. Son-in-law to the famous Mordecai Casper.?

?Let me get right to the point. Tell me your whereabouts for the whole day. And also, when was the last time you met your niece.?

20. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Kareen hated that she was being manipulated like this, and hated even more that Heather was willing to lie about the circumstances of the affair to get her way. Whatever the money had been for, she was going to great lengths to make sure the police didn?t find out.

But there were other ways of getting the truth; Kareen still believed that Natasha knew more than she was telling, and Kareen also believed that the younger woman could be worked on in a way that Heather certainly could not.

Besides that, there was more at stake than just Kareen?s reputation?if the truth got out now, the entire investigation into Natalie?s death could be compromised before it even got anywhere, and no one wanted that.

Kareen?s shoulders slumped in defeat, and she gestured towards the door. ?You can go back to your family, Mrs. Casper.? For now. This wasn?t over, not by a long shot, and Kareen was willing to lose a battle if it meant that she might still win the war.

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview Police Station, Interrogation Room #1

?You made the right choice, Kareen.?

Heather rose from her seat, picked up her tissue, and began to dab her eyes as the door was opened. She even began to cry a little as she left the room.

She had almost walked away, but in the last second she turned around and stared at Kareen. That evil smile had even melted away.

[image=http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/10/41/2/873/8731792/e2a31ae2bb332067_Picture_2.xlarge.jpg]

?Do not mess with my family. We had nothing to do with my granddaughter's death.?

She walked over and gave Kareen a hug. She leaned in and hissed in her ear.

?If you do anything, I?ll make your life a living hell.?

Then she broke away, smiled at Kareen, and let tears fill up in her eyes again. She turned around and walked away.

Leaving Kareen behind.

~End of EPISODE THREE - REVELATIONS~

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE FOUR - BETTER DEAD THAN ALIVE

A woman?s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.
    - Gloria Stuart

[image=http://simsfamtrav.com/bgrounds/WaterNight.jpg]

[b]Kareen Gillis[/b] finds herself in a tough situation with a vicious grandmother and a quiet young woman, both of whom know something about [b]Natalie Crane[/b].

[b]Christopher Nichols[/b] thinks back to his last time with Natalie Crane. . .and how it had gone horribly wrong.

[b]Naomi Nichols[/b] talks with her sister-in-law [b]Katherine[/b], all the while thinking about the sins she had committed only a few hours ago.

[b]Mordecai Casper[/b] stands at the spot where his granddaughter was murdered.

[b]Xander York[/b] learns that his high school sweetheart and soul mate had a child. . .and she never told him.

[b]A detective in New York City[/b] learns that he is needed to find a killer.

And he needs to hurry.

The secrets threaten to tear the town apart.

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'll wait a couple of hours for some replies. Had a lot of activity yesterday. If anyone needs any help to know where they are, don't be afraid to PM me. But Naomi is in the waiting room at the police station talking to her sister-in-law. Mordecai is at the crime scene. Xander is in his mother's office with her. Chris is in Interrogation Room #2. And Kareen is standing outside of Interrogation Room #1. Again, any help as to where you and what you are doing, I'll be on stand by to help. And that was a really fun bit, with Heather and Kareen. I can feel some relationships (bad and good) forming between different people. Excited about how this is going. [face_grin] So, on with the posting!

23. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

Kareen recoiled from the woman?s touch, tears filling her own eyes as Heather left the room. As soon as the woman had returned to the waiting area, Kareen stepped back into the interrogation room, shut the door behind her, and kicked the wall in frustration. She didn?t care if anyone heard.

How could she have been so stupid?! From the moment she had learned that Patrick was a married man, she had regretted ever going near him, and she had sworn over and over again to Katherine that she had not known; Patrick had concealed that crucial detail from the moment she had met him, and she had taken him at his word, never bothering to dig deeper. And she certainly never coerced Patrick into the relationship, or imposed herself on him, as much as Heather wanted to make it look that way, and she could have cared less about such material things as money.

Kareen had had an ex-boyfriend or two cheat on her, and like any self-respecting girl, she did not appreciate a man who could not be faithful. But now she was finding that she liked it even less when the man turned her into ?the other woman.? All it did was open up a whole new world of trouble, which Kareen couldn?t seem to navigate her way out of.

Heather had warned her to stay away from the family, and threatened her with severe consequences should she ignore that warning.

How the hell was she supposed to do her job? No one here tonight was being questioned as a suspect?they didn?t even have a time or cause of death yet. All Kareen and Robert were trying to do was establish what had happened in the last hours of Natalie?s life. Heather asserted that no one in the family was involved in the murder, but just like the money, Kareen couldn?t just assume the woman was telling the truth?investigations just didn?t work that way.

She didn?t like to admit that she was afraid?and she knew that, as a police officer, she shouldn?t let herself be intimidated into not following up on a possible lead?but there was no denying that Heather Casper?s threat seriously scared her, and it scared her enough that she was unwilling to continue questioning the other family members?of the principle family members, only Naomi and Katherine were left; from what Natasha had said, Naomi had not been at lunch with the others, so she wouldn?t know anything about the money anyway. Mordecai Casper had not arrived yet. And there was no way Kareen could bring herself to question Patrick?s wife. The only other time Kareen had ever spoken to Katherine was that terrible phone call, when Katherine had found out about the affair and called Kareen at home in Portland. The infuriated rant that followed still rang in Kareen?s ears even now, months after the fact, and as bad as Heather?s interview had been, she seriously feared that if she were to go alone into the same room with Katherine, she might not walk out again.

Completely at a loss as to what she should do now, Kareen sent Robert a quick text message to pass along what she had learned from Natasha and Heather:

Natalie had lunch w/ heather+Natasha+Katherine+devon. Heather gave Natalie large amount of $$$$, won?t say what for. Natasha says she dsn?t know, but I think shes hiding something. Pls. will you finish interviews w/ Naomi and Katherine? Sorry but I need a break. Will be outside if you need me.

Natasha also said Natalie had a child--???

Thnx, kareen

Hopefully, Robert wouldn?t ask any questions.

She stopped by her office to grab her jacket, before taking a roundabout route to get to the station?s front doors?she didn?t have to go through the waiting area, though she did pass by on her way down the hall. Whether any of the family noticed, she neither knew nor cared.

Once she was outside, she sat herself down at the bottom of the front steps, staring directly in front of her, but not really seeing anything. After a few minutes, though, she pulled her phone back out and called the medical examiner?the autopsy would

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Interrogation Room #2, Riverview Police Station

A moment of silence passed between the two men once they were seated. It was an awkward silence and Chris noted that the officer sitting across from him appeared nervous and tired. It was probably the result of a long night of questioning and an even longer day ahead of him tomorrow. Chris almost felt sorry for the man until he started to delve right in with their session.

"So, Christopher Nichols," the man started, glancing down at the notes sitting before him on the table. "Science Professor at Riverview Community College. Husband to Naomi Casper. Son-in-law to the famous Mordecai Casper."

The lengthy description made him visibly wince as he leaned forward against the table. It was one thing to hear one's accomplishments, but it was entirely different to have them painted in this kind of light. It almost sounded as if the officer was using them to make him feel inferior - as if he should be better than that. And really, he should be. He was well on his way to obtaining his doctorate and this pig-faced cop had the nerve to insult him by sticking him on the lowest spot on the totem pole. A community college? How could someone mess that up?

"Actually, that's St. Mary's Academy," he corrected tersely. "The all girl's college downtown. I never worked at the community college..."

"Let me get right to the point," the officer continued after a moment. "Tell me your whereabouts for the whole day. And also, when was the last time you met your niece."

"I was at the college," he answered in the same curt manner. "I'm there most days till around six. After work, I went out to the bar with my brother-in-law...then came here after we found out." He yawned in a dramatic fashion. "I wasn't home much tonight and I'm tired."

He trailed off as he began to think about the second part of the officer's question. When was the last time he had seen Natalie? He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. It was something he didn't want to remember, especially with the bad memories it dredged up. It had been a big mistake to approach her that night and he was a fool to have believed that talking things over would have worked...

"The last time I saw her isn't important. It was too long ago," he started carefully, reaching up to rub at his upper lip in a nervous gesture. "Some family function and I spoke with her briefly. I didn't see her much after that. In fact, I never saw her much at all. We weren't that close."

TAG: spycoder

25. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE FOUR - BETTER DEAD THAN ALIVE

[i]Riverview Police Station, Interrogation Room #2[/i]

?I see.?

[b]Robert?s[/b] cell phone beeped. He paused to check a text message. It was from [b]Kareen[/b], and it detailed what she had learned.

?Would you care to tell me about your sister-in-law and mother-in-law? I believe they gave my partner a little trouble. What is your opinion on the two??

Robert stared at [b]Chris[/b].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.