main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Darker Tides ~ A Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Kareen Gillis
    Riverview Police Station

Any other time, Kareen would have laughed, but right now?not so much. Her hands were shaking, she was so nervous. Just get it over with. She shut the door behind her, for privacy.

She took a steadying breath, but she was still fidgeting when she began. ?I?I just think that?that you two should be aware of this before this case gets going. If I don?t tell you now, I risk compromising the entire investigation if it got out. We can?t have the public thinking that one of the lead investigators has a conflict of interest because of her past.?

She bit her lip, tears of shame coursing down her face. Her eyes dropped to the floor, unable to look at either of them. She didn?t want to see their reactions.

Just say it. Just spit it out.

?I?I had an affair with Patrick Casper.?

Tag: spycoder

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: 100 POSTS! Way to go everyone! Here's to a hundred more!

[b]EPISODE FIVE - THE DAY AFTER[/b]

[hr]

[i]Riverview Police Station[/i]

?What - what -?

[b]Robert[/b] sputtered in confusion.

?You had an affair with [b]Patrick Casper[/b].? [b]Amy[/b] leaned back in her chair, putting her hand to her chin. ? I could tell there was some kind of animosity between the two of you. I just couldn?t determine exactly what it was.?

?You - you -?

?Oh Robert. Don?t act like it was such a shocker. Patrick always struck me as someone who would cheat on his wife. Just like his father, if you ask me.?

Amy looked to [b]Kareen[/b].

?When did this happen? Before you arrived??

She wasn?t critical about it, just curious. Robert was still sputtering. But neither of them had accused her of wrong doing. Neither of them had blamed her. Just as her mother had assumed.

[b]TAG: Anne [/b]

3. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

Kareen glared at Robert, but Amy?s steady demeanor helped to keep her from completely losing what little composure she was retaining.

But their responses were still better than what she?d been expecting.

?When did this happen? Before you arrived?? Amy inquired.

Now that the worst part was over, Kareen was able to push on a little easier, and she nodded as she began to explain. ?It started right after I got out of college. I met Patrick when I came up here on vacation before I started my job with the Portland P.D.. He flirted with me, I flirted back. We exchanged phone numbers, then email addresses when I went back home. Over time, a relationship developed, and he eventually started visiting me in Portland every month or so.

?He never once let on that he was married?never mentioned Katherine, or Devon, or any of his family in general. And I never once considered the possibility.? A lapse in judgement she still regretted.

?Katherine found out a little over a year ago?I now know that Heather was having Patrick followed when he went to visit me, and she told Katherine when she found out what he was up to. I received a very angry call from Katherine, which is when I learned that Patrick was married.? She paused, steadying herself as the memory of that awful day threatened to overwhelm her.

?Almost immediately after getting off the phone with Katherine, I called Patrick and ended the relationship. Until yesterday, I had not spoken to him or to Katherine since.?

Kareen stopped to wipe her eyes, finally lifting her gaze to meet Amy?s eyes?the Chief?s curious expression showed no sign of criticism, which was easier to look at than Robert?s stunned face. ?Last night when I questioned Heather Casper, she threatened to expose the affair if I did not stop the interview and release her. I admit that my fear of that embarrassment did play a part in my decision to let her go, but as I said before, I also understood that if the public got wind of the affair, then I could lose my credibility as an investigator, and the validity of any evidence I obtained would be questioned. Considering how little evidence we have, it wasn?t a risk I wanted to take.?

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

So delicious.

It is amazing how such a little down, can start to tear itself apart, once some of the dirty laundry starts getting aired. The proud Mordecai Casper. Looks like someones juicy secrets are about to be let out. Poor Heather could not take the heat. She walked. You know that wont end pretty. No with so much money at stake. A divorce? He probably will not allow her to stain that pretty little reputation of his. Or his money. What secrets of his has she been hiding for him? Better be careful, before someone else scoops her up. Would that not that be tasty? Bet Nigel would love that.

Mordecai would probably KILL to keep that from happening.

And that boy Patrick of his.

Another stain on that perfect reputation. Oh, to belong to such a powerful family. Some would see it as a benefit. But it was a curse. Because any dirt you did, had to be well covered. And everyone knows that secrets are hard to keep in such a little
    town. Even if they are not spoken openly, but whispered. Little people talk. Another marriage not on happy street. Course his wife knew he was a dog. So she simply had to wait to see what leg he had been trying to hump.

Yes, those family traits certainly run deep. Would he have a reason to kill Natalie? Did she know? More importantly, did she threaten to talk? Course, let us not forget poor Rachael. No, lets not. She was killed because she found something out. Something that scared her. Almost anything that dealt with a Casper or Sylvester would do that to you. But not me. They do not scare me. Why? They have so much
    more to hide than I do.

After all, I have simply killed. But their deaths were for a purpose. A light to illuminate their sins for all to see. They have done much worse. And they are scared. Scared that soon, everyone will known what they have done.

Compared to them, I am a Saint.

5. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    EPISODE FIVE - THE DAY AFTER

[b]Amy[/b] sat in silence as she pondered everything.

?That bastard.? [b]Robert[/b] cursed [b]Patrick[/b] as he stared at [b]Kareen[/b]. He couldn?t imagine how cruel this man had been to break Kareen Gillis.

?That does make things. . .difficult.? Amy rose from her chair and walked around in her office. ?She threatened a police office, Kareen. Along with extortion.?

Amy stopped in front of Kareen.

?You can?t let her break you, Kareen. We are here. I won?t fire you because of her son. You will continue to dig deeper in this case, and if she threatens you, she can speak to me.?

?Now, let us put that behind us.? Amy smiled a tired smile and patted Kareen. ?You and Robert. Where do the two of you plan to go first??

[b]TAG: Anne[/b]

6. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

Kareen only nodded, feeling both grateful and immensely relieved. They had not criticized her, they hadn?t judged her, they hadn?t grilled her over the issue, and and she wasn?t in trouble. For now.

"You and Robert. Where do the two of you plan to go first??

?Well?? Kareen looked over to Robert. ?Did you get any other information from your interviews? Or is the money all we?ve got at this point?" When she had left the station to go to the coroner?s last night, Naomi and Katherine had still needed to be questioned. "And what kind of evidence did we get from Rachael's office?" No doubt they would have seized the remnants of the computer, but was there anything else?

?And before I forget, when I called Rachael last night, she said that Natalie died at around 6:30 P.M., so now we at least have a real timeframe to work with. I don?t know if she actually finished the autopsy, but we?ll need to have her replacement send some blood samples from Natalie to the crime lab for comparison to the samples we took from the bench and the bushes?I?m sure it is Natalie?s but that still has to be confirmed beyond simple assumption.?

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

?All of [b]Natalie?s[/b] remains have been sent to the coroner?s office in Woodsboro. Blood samples, etc. [b]Rachael?s[/b] remains and things were sent to Mockingdale.? [b]Amy[/b] checked over her reports. ?I believe a primitive bomb, something crafted by someone with limited knowledge on them, was planted.? She looked up at [b]Kareen[/b]. ?You were lucky, Kareen. The explosion could?ve very well killed you.?

?I interviewed [b]Katherine[/b]. She didn?t mention anything about noticing her mother-in-law or niece. I even asked her about, but she showed no sign of knowing anything.? [b]Robert[/b] spoke up. ?I decided to go ahead and let [b]Naomi Nichols[/b] go home. I know, crazy, but you should?ve been here after you left. It was hectic, and the woman was exhausted. [b]Heather[/b] left rather soon after you left. I just let Naomi and her husband go home.?

?So basically,? Amy stared at Kareen. ?You are up to date with what information we have.?

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Riverview Police Station

?So the money is the only lead we have,? Kareen concluded. ?And we?re not even sure it actually has anything to do with the murder.

?Naomi wasn?t at the lunch yesterday with the others, so I don?t think she would know anything about the money anyway. And I don?t think there?s anything to gain from dragging Natasha or Heather back in here again, unless we absolutely have to.?

A thought occurred to her. ?Why don?t we start at the restaurant where they had lunch? Someone there may have overheard something, and the owner is one of Heather?s close friends?she might know something.?

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Little Ester?s[/i]

The cute little restaurant was right in the middle of downtown Riverview, where most of the little outlets lay. [b]Kareen[/b] and [b]Robert[/b] arrived to find it with a medium amount of customers, and [b]Ester Franks[/b] was at her post. Once they had taken her aside and spoken to her, Ester nodded thoughtfully. Though she was a good friend of Heather, she still loved to gossip.

?Oh yes, oh yes. Little [b]Natalie[/b], dead. A tragedy, that is.? She was nodding. ?I saw her yesterday. She did indeed have an envelope - rather stuffed, if you ask me - and handed it to a man in suit outside the store. He spoke to her for a few minutes and then left. I mean, I didn?t hear what he said, but she said ?Thanks [b]Carlos[/b]? as she was walking to her car. That I could hear.?

?Such a sweet girl. Such a pretty girl. Dead. A tragedy.? Ester was visibly shaken.

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Little Ester's

Kareen exchanged a look with Robert, before turning again to Ester. "Did you get a good look at the man, Ms. Franks? Could you tell us a little more about what he looked like?"

11. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Little Ester?s[/i]

?Um. . .black suit. . .blue tie. . .Mexican. . .dark sunglasses. . .he was a few inches taller that [b]Natalie[/b], and you know how short she was, so. . .I don?t know. He looked like one of those FBI guys, but I don?t really think he was. I think he hired by someone to get some money from Natalie.?

12. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Little Ester's

"Did you happen to see what kind of car he left in?" Kareen asked as she wrote down everything Ester said about the strange man. Short and Hispanic didn't give them much to work with, and of course he would have one of the most common Hispanic names, but it was still better than what they'd started with. If they could get a vehicle description--a plate number would be perfect, but Kareen wasn't holding out for one--they could cross-reference the registrations of matching vehicles to owners with the first name, "Carlos", and possibly find their man.

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Little Ester's[/i]

?Oh, that I remember well.?

[b]Ester?s[/b] eyes glittered with joy at being in thick of things. She was really savoring all of this police talk, and was really considering going to Natalie?s funeral now.

?A limousine. Real nice, shiny. He wasn?t driving it, someone else was, but he was rode away in it.?

[b]Robert[/b] decided to take over.

?Any tag numbers??

?No! You think I was paying any attention to simple tags. No, I stopped watching them when I saw [b]Katherine[/b] and [b]Heather[/b] arguing about something.?

14. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Kareen Gillis
    Little Ester's

No license plate number, but still, a limo narrowed things down considerably. Kareen was about to ask whether the limousine was black or white, but then the rest of what Ester was saying caught her attention.

Heather and Katherine had argued? "Did you hear exactly what they were arguing about?"

If it was about the cash, then they had a problem. According to Robert, Katherine had claimed not to know anything about the money, but it looked a bit suspicious, that Katherine would get into an argument with Heather mere minutes after the exchange took place.

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

?Oh yes, oh yes.?

[b]Ester[/b] nodded vigorously.

?[b]Katherine[/b] was saying ?Why didn?t you tell me?? and [b]Heather[/b] said ?Mind your own business.? and then Katherine got real mad and. . .well, she slapped Heather.?

She blushed at that one.

?I?ve never seen Heather slapped, to tell you the truth, and we have been friends since high school. Not that she hasn?t needed a good slap, but. . .?

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Little Ester's

Katherine had slapped Heather?

The only way Kareen managed to keep a straight face at that one was to remind herself that she probably had the same thing coming at some point in the future--and unfortunately, it was looking to happen sooner than she had hoped.

What had Heather been hiding from Katherine?

"All right, Ms. Franks, just one more thing, then I think we can let you get back to work: Did you overhear any of the conversations that took place before Heather gave Natalie the money--maybe Natalie said something about why she needed it, or something about what Heather was hiding from Katherine?"

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Little Ester?s

?No, nothing else. Too bad, let me tell ya. That Casper family. . .? Ester wiggled her finger with a smile on her lips.

?One crazy bunch that is.?

?Thank you, Ms. Franks.? Robert smiled warmly at her as he hugged her.

?Oh Robert. Such a sweet young man.? As they were leaving, Robert got ahead of Kareen. Ester tugged on Kareen?s shoulder and stopped her.

?You have a crush on Robert? You two sure do look comfortable around each other.?

TAG: Anne

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Little Ester's

The question startled her, and it took a second for it to fully register before Kareen responded. "Robert? No, no. We're just friends. You work with someone every day, it doesn't take long to get used to them."

Truthfully, after Patrick, Kareen wasn't really looking for another relationship at the moment--maybe prior to last night she might have considered a date with a guy, but coming face-to-face with her ex-lover for the first time in over a year had stirred up old feelings that Kareen did not want hanging over her if she should get involved with another man. And no man wanted a girlfriend who couldn't let go of her past.

As far as Robert went, he was a nice guy, but Kareen knew good and well that he had a reputation with women, and it wasn't exactly a good one.

One bad relationship was more than enough for her.

19. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Introducing . . . GM approved . . .

Rufus Jameson
    New York, Bureau

In the end, we´re all just ashes, are we?

He looked into the empty ash tray and sighed. Do you just try to wrestle some philosophical meaning out of your serious nicotine addiction? He laughed. Yes he was.
    Murder. Rufus Jameson didn´t like murder. As a job, that meant. But when Casper called, he usually took the job. It wasn´t only the payment allowed him to say no to a few ?cheating husband? cases, usually it even allowed for some time on the Bahamas. This time around there might even be a few new suits in it and something for his retirement fond.
    But it was murder. A league above Casper´s usual troubles. And it was a personal one. He owed it to a client to take such a case. Especially if it was such a client and even if he was a pretty shady figure. You just had to wash your hands, so the filth didn´t stay with you afterwards. Metaphorical

He pressed his cigarette into the ash tray and breathed out.

Then he leaned forward and checked the victims profile on facebook a last time. Finally he closed the netbook with a sigh and threw it on top of his things in his suitcase. Before closing it. Flight was in two hours. Then another hour by train to get to Riverside. He had what he needed. Netbook, gun, money, clothes and two boxes of Marlboro

[image=http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2010/08/2009_Netbook_Acer.jpg]
    [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sU2Jr-EF49Q/TFhfPdSYsYI/AAAAAAAABNg/E1lBRujwY6A/s1600/357_38special_swmodel66.jpg]
    [image=http://www.lowcostsmoke.com/images/marlboro-set.jpghttp://www.lowcostsmoke.com/images/marlboro-set.jpg]

And in addition he had his 7d camera in a special casing, which also held nightvision goggles and lowlite-camera-objective and his secondary gun. Usually he didn´t bring one, but murder meant someone was out for blood. And you better be safe than sorry.

[image=http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/pistol/M1911A1/M1911A1_1.jpg]
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Canon_EOS_7D_img_3487.jpg]

Rufus stared at his things and sighed. Then he took another cigarette from his jacket and looked for his lighter. 1 hours 58 minutes.

[image=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/jadespartypants/rufussewell.jpg]

The train station was pathetic, but the toilet was empty, which gave him a good opportunity to tool up and push his gun and money from the suitcase into his belt. When he left he was already awaited by a man with a sign with his name on. He nodded to the black young male and followed hinm without a word. His eye already probed the surrounding. From this point on, he was in a town full of suspects. Anybody, everybody could be part of it. Casper was a powerful man and powerful men made powerful enemies. And revenge was not only best served cold, but also indirect. On his way out he bought two local newspapers and a map of the area. One with a CD ROM, so he could load it to his nav-system in his netbook.

?Sir, Mr. Casper asked me to see that you got everything you need. I will take care of any need you got, while you meet Mr. Casper, Sir.?
    ?Sure. A car and not a rental. I need something from around here. A motel room near the police station and something to eat. Two bottles of cheap whisky and a good photo of the victim. Asian perhaps?? The food I mean.?

?Certainly, Sir.?

Rufus allowed the guy to open the door of the impressive limousine and entered the aft-part. While sitting down he took out a cigarette. The car was smelling of Casper´s cigars. So he wouldn´t accept any non-smoking bull****. He began to read, as the driver got going.

How did the brits say?

The game was on.

[b]Tag: Spy, Fin[/b]

20. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Xander York
    Amy York?s Cabin
    ?Again. Natalie Crane, the granddaughter of Mordecai and Heather Casper, was drowned last night. Her death was quickly followed by the death of Rachael Harp, the coroner. Her death hasn?t been ruled yet, but it is presumed she was murdered also. Police have asked everyone to stay away from strangers, or to stay in groups. They are searching diligently for the murderer of either or."

The phone was ringing, again. At least two times it was his mom checking in on him. I was in no mood to talk, so he had let it go to voicemail. This time though it was a number he did not recognize, and this was the fourth time in a row that they had called, let the answering machine pick-up, and then hung up without leaving a message.

Then there was the television. As if nothing else was going on in the world, but the strange occurrences in their small town in Maine. The non-stop coverage must have been something that Mordecai had arranged, that was the only explanation in his mind.

He?s got his hand in everything else around here, it wouldn?t surprise me if he had some kinda dirt on one of the local TV execs to make them run constant coverage.

The phone started ringing again. It was the same number again. But this time Xander had had enough. He pushed the small green button to answer the call, but instead of a nice cordial greeting or waiting for the person on the other end to get a word out Xander let them know exactly how he felt.

?LEAVE ME THE FRICK ALONE! I DON?T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE! MY WORLD HAS BEEN TORN APART AND YOU AREN?T MAKING THINGS BETTER! SO QUIT CALLING HERE!?

Still raging he took the cordless handset and through it straight into the television.

[image=http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/12/23/loud.commercials/story.smashed.tv.gi.jpg]

He put every ounce of pain, suffering, anger, and any other emotion he could muster at that moment into the throw. Both the picture tube, and the handset that lay inside of it now, were spitting out sparks of the last bit of electricity that were left in their dead innards.

I?ll get her a new one, that one was a embarrassing dinosaur anyways.

He sat there on the edge of the couch with his face in his hands. Then he inhaled sharply and rubbed his face to wake himself up. ?I?ve got to get out of here or I am going to drive myself crazy.? About the only place where he could go that would allow him to clear his head was down at his shop to work on his car.

Even though he hadn?t raced for several months, he still worked on his racecar and did side repair work for everyone around town. Today he would only be working on his own car and everyone should think twice about disturbing him when he was handling power tools.
    TAG: spycoder

21. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    OOC: Sorry this post is so late. I'll try to do better in the future.

IC: Gabriel Nelson

?Gabe? Are you awake?? Her voice was like a sweet melody. ?Are you feeling any better? When I got here you were so dizzy. . .?

He realized right then how much he loved her voice. He smiled and ran a hand through her beautiful curls, ?yes, Esse. I?m up now.?

Gabriel got up out of bed, pulling on a shirt and jeans and then headed toward his tiny kitchen His stomach felt better from last night, although he couldn?t really remember it. Maybe it was better that way? He smirked and grabbed himself a bowl of cereal. Halfway through, Esmeralda came out, still in that silky purple thing. ?I?m glad you?re feeling better, Gabey,? she said happily. He just nodded, deciding not to try and talk to her with a mouthful of corn flakes.

He set his bowl in the kitchen sink, turning around to give her a kiss on his way out the door.

He headed out, crunching gravel on the way to his assigned parking space. He?d had to fight the power a little to get the space in front of his apartment-which had baffled him by the way-but in the end he?d won.

He turned the keys in his Chevy cavalier, still thinking about that purple thing. He smiled.

TAG: Anyone

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008

[i]Café[/i]

[b]Carlos Sanchez[/b] walked with a purpose. His friend and Mordecai?s lawyer, [b]Mathew Clinton[/b], was in sync with his steps. The two of them were meeting the famous detective, [b]Rufus Jameson[/b], at a café on the opposite side of town from Mordecai?s Estate. They each held matching suitcases in their hands, and dark sunglasses covered their eyes. They were both fairly handsome men, and were confident in their step. Neither stopped to glance around. They knew no one would kill them. They were invincible.

?Mr. Jameson.? Carlos shook the man?s hand as he sat down at a table. He ordered a coffee, while Mathew stuck with his bottle of water. ?Nice to meet you. I have heard so much about you.?

?Now,? Mathew butted in. ?Let us get down to business. You most likely know who died, but we want to go over it. Mr. Casper entrusted us with withholding your money. You are to find out who murdered Mr. Casper?s granddaughter, [b]Natalie Casper[/b]. And to find out who murdered her, you will most likely have to investigate [b]Rachael Sharp?s[/b] death. She was the local coroner, and her computer exploded. Killed her pretty quickly.?

?We don?t know much, just that if you succeed into finding Natalie?s killer and delivering the news to Mr. Casper and Mr. Casper only, you will receive. . .?

Carlos and Mathew opened their suitcases simultaneously. Stacks and stacks of hundred dollar bills were piled together in both suitcases. ?$1 million dollars, Mr. Jameson.?

?Now,? They closed their suitcases once Mathew spoke, ?The main choice is yours.?

?You understand the risks of this. Someone in town is killing. And if they get a whiff of you catching on, you could very well die.?

?So. Are you willing to do this??

[b]TAG: Draco[/b]

[hr]

[i]Little Ester?s[/i]

[b]Robert Long[/b] sat in the police car reviewing notes when [b]Kareen[/b] finally got back from talking to Ester.

?[b]Carlos[/b].?

Robert showed her a picture from his files.

?That is [b]Mordecai Casper?s[/b] chief of staff. Main supporter of financial needs. His name is Carlos, and he fits the description.?

?Why would he be accepting money from [b]Natalie[/b]??

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Other two coming later on tonight. [face_grin]

23. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Outside Little Ester?s

Well, at least they knew who ?Carlos? was. But as to why he was accepting money from Natalie? ?What if it wasn?t actually for him?? Kareen asked. ?What if he was just the courier, a messenger delivering the money to someone else for Natalie??

It was plausible. Heather obviously didn?t want anyone to know what the money was for, chances were that Natalie didn?t either. Perhaps she had trusted Carlos to be discreet.

24. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Café, Riverside

Money. they always tried to buy your soul. Rufus could imagine what Casper had in mind for his little girls murderer and he was also certain, that he would not like to be part of it. If he took the money, that kinda money, they would expect that kind of loyalty.

They mentioned the coroner and Rufus said nothing, just held up the newspaper he had picked up. Coroner´s death was headline. Thenhe took what little information these guys provided. He could forget about the crime scene. Cops would have raped it by now. Which left her fiancé, 70 percent of all murders were out of passion. And possible lovers, who usually were a little more jealous. Then there were the rivals of Mr. Casper. And the dirty secrets the girl might have shared with whoever was into her whole thing. Because there was a thing. Otherwise there would have been no need to kill the Coroner. The man who had investigated her body, right? So what did that mean? Traces of DNA? Like sperm? Childbirth? Cosmetic surgery? Last one opened a world of possibilities. With people like those, he couldn´t even be sure they had the right body. Money could by a lot of things. So he had to make sure. Probably the police was the right place to start and then Mr. Casper himself. The old man had to have theories.

"I take double my usual pay and expenses. That´s what I charge for capital crimes. If I find something or not, you pay. You pay my time, not the success. You can keep your million, Sir. I am not that desperate for fundings and to young to retire. If you feel like giving me a bonus afterwards, feel free to do so. But if you wanna buy me, you will find out that Mr. Casper has stockpiled the wrong curency to do so. And if I wasn´t taking the job, I wouldn´t have come here. I´ll look into it. And I will report to Mr. Casper this evening."

He finished his espresso and stood up. "Murders are mostly solved within the first 48 hours, Gentlemen. And I already wasted twelve of those. So I would like to go to work now. Speaking of which, where were you two at the time of the murder?"

Tag: Spy

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    <...>

Look at him. Continuing on, as if nothing has happened. Silly cow, trying to twist his head. Not that that is difficult to do. She is far too young. But I am straying off track.

Little Ester's.

Cute place. Good Food. And Ester runs the place well. No mater how late, she always has a smile. Treats the regulars nice. Treats the strangers decent too, but she keeps an eye on them.

But the woman has a mouth on her.

Sometimes, that is not a bad thing. Amazing what you can find from the local town gossip. All those juicy bits and pieces. You do not even have to ask her. Just sit down in the place, and wait for the spout to blow. That is where the rumors about Christopher Nichols dating some of the girls who attended the college he works at came waltzing in one day. Of course, it was not the only place that rumor had been heard before. But now, it had a bit more bite to it. Yes, she has to ears to everything. Has eyes like a hawk too. She can see everything that goes on in her place. And sometimes a few blocks beyond.

..hmmm.

SHUT UP!

Wish the news would shut up. It is a compliment in a way. But they talked to people like idiots. For example:

"Police have asked everyone to stay away from strangers, or to stay in groups. They are searching diligently for the murderer of either or."

Are you kidding? Stay away from strangers? This little tourist town would dry up and blow away with that attitude. Besides, there are other things to worry about. Strangers are in town. Strangers can mean many things. In this case, these mean danger. Tourists do not come into town driving limousine and carrying big black breifcases. You do not flash briefcases either. Limousines meant money. Smelled like a Casper or Sylvester. Probably thinks that either the local hick police force wont be able to solve the crime. So they will try to get in the way, and probably step on many toes, as they try to find their own justice. Or the other is thinking of perhaps planting some evidence himself, to try and prove the 'guilty' party. Mordecai Casper has already polluted one crime scene. And if given a chance, would most likely do so again. He does not seem the type to simply wait around for evidence to present itself.

A trait that seems to run in the family.

Well. Guess I should not keep them waiting. Let me see how bad they want it. When all of their dirty lies and secrets lay bare for all the world to see. When they find out how dirty sweet little Natalie really was.

Heather was smart to run.

She could probably smell the death on them.

Oh...SHUT UP!

<.....>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.