main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Darkest Before the Dawn - Ben/OC, J/J, J/TK, Gwynne L/M Leia Author's Note 05/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Great chapter! Now Tahiri just needs to see Anakin.

2. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    The part with Slate killing the young girl all in an effort to prevent more loss was chilling. There's definitely a "meaningful" reason for his decision, however, I'm afraid of what Vergere has planned. I'm even more worried Slate/Anakin will fall.[face_worried] But that would be an ultimate redemption. Perhaps sacrificing himself for his sister. Hmmm... What have you got planned, Zara? [face_thinking] Sorry for the random speculating! ;)

And now the Skywalkers meet up with the others. Excited way to reintroduce the characters. Can't wait for more. =D=

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002

Thanks. Ben and Anakin, some of my favorite.

I appreciate that, Ki.

Thank you. Yeah, we need to get those two crazy kids together. Unless Ben gets in the way.

It was really hard to write that. It was sort of a way to say that Slate wasn't quite Aankin yet. And it was a way to show Slate as a coping mechanism for Anakin. As to what I got planned...well, [face_shhh] it's a secret.

4. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Wow, I am WAY behind. [face_blush] I shall endeavor to play catch up.

=D=

5. Claribel

Claribel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Wow. The Slate/Anakin part was wonderfuly written!
    Hopefuly Ben, Jag and the others will find him and Jaina soon. I'm looking forward to see Tahiri's reaction!
    It's great. :) I just hope the end won't be full of pain and suffering.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Hope, you enjoy it.

Yeah. Everythings comeing together, this is where the action begins.

7. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Great job getting all of the near-forgotten characters together. :) It was great to see Slate/Anakin again, although I wish it had been during better circumstances. :_| Whoa . . .

This is where the action kicks in? Cool. Can't wait for it. :cool: The action scenes in Evolution were awesome.

Great post.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Action is coming, there's just been so much set up, but now we get to let loose. Yipee.

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Upping, chapter should be up tomorrow.

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  12. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Missing this story...hoping for an update soon. [face_praying] ;)

13. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    More soon, I hope? [face_praying]

14. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    When's more? I really miss this story. :_|

15. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I hope you haven't abandoned this story . . .

Anyway, here's another up.

16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Currently, I'm working on my own original fiction to turn into a publisher. i told myself I couldn't do anything fanfic wise :( until I at least got to chapter 10. I'm currently on chapter 7. It shouldn't too much longer before this story is updated.

17. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    'Morning, Zara. I'm so happy you're still writing away in your own universe. That's where the magic to ultimately create is!!! Again, best of luck. [face_good_luck] We'll be here for you when you're ready.[:D]

18. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    That's cool, actually. :) I hope that you succeed. That's what I want to do too, I'm using the boards as practice so I can get better and actually turn in publishable material.

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

That's fantastic, I highly recommend it.

Okay, here's the update.

I'm nearly there. I expect to be finished with chapter 10 at least by march 12. So after that, I should start on an update for Darkest. Expect it around the 15 or the 16. Thank you for your patience.

20. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    ^I can't wait. ;) I'll re-read it in case I forgot anything that's happened.

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Okay, update.

I've now entered into my 10th chapter for my original fiction. It's been hard, mainly because my original fiction is sprouting so many others. But fear not. I have started the next chapter for Darkest Before the Dawn and it might, just might, be up tonight.

22. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    When it comes, I'll be waiting. :)

I understand the difficulty. I've rewritten my novel three times since I was fifteen . . . and I haven't gotten any further than 26 chapters. I'm currently on chapter 15 of my current rewrite.[face_plain]

23. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Instigator.

Kylia of Ahn?ra Lee had come to the Chosen Center already in an ill mood. Sethan summoning her had never sat well on her shoulders. She was the wife of the true Duke of Ahn?ra Lee and should have taken charge as Duchess of Ahn?ra Lee when Jenoran had been imprisoned for his rebellion against the Star Friends.

The Center was a large stone and mortar building, one that had not been demolished and changed with the coming of Sepora and his technology. On the outside, it carried the painted heros of their past, the constellations that had made up their gods for decades. Inside, was evidence of the Siliqua?s new focus.

As she walked in through the front entrance, once wide open to visitors, was now a door that sprung apart by electric gears and a groove in the floor. The main room, had its own terminal, where visitors could look up their sick loved ones. Gone were the wax and wick lights that had gifted them a buttery light, in their place was a stark white glow that illuminated for long distances.

Sethan had already given her the room number to meet him in, refusing to answer any of her questions over the communication link, a novelty that had quickly become a part of their everyday life. She?d left Aesoleath behind with her husband at Sethan?s request.

Just the thought of the domineering man, so very much like his brother, caused her face to flush red with anger. When she?d married Jenoran, it had been arranged to help her failing home house. She?d tolerated him, even as he begat two daughters upon her before achieving his son and heir.

Not that Samir was any different from his father or uncle. She longed for the day that their foolish machinations were brought to an end and they learned to submit to Sepora?s stronger might before any more of them were taking away.

She didn?t let herself think of those that were gone. She?d tolerated Jenoran at best and Arielle had been incredibly taken by her father, wishing to emulate him in every way. Only in Aesoleath did she find a child she could be proud to call her own.

Kylia rounded down the east hall, passing a line of medical rooms, and search for the JJ256. As much as she disdained Sethan?s summons, she knew she had to play the part of reluctant obedience. Any sign that she was being openly rebellious and Sethan, and most likely Samir, would have no qualms of making her an example.

At the end of the darkened hall did she find the room number. Curious, she gave a light wrap of her knuckles on the door, wondering if she had somehow remembered the room wrong. But the door opened a breath later to show Sethan?s large frame.

He stepped back far enough to let her into the door and then quickly signaled it shut. The room was full of the usual monitoring equipment, flashing lights and staccato beeps. On the wall opposite the door, there was a standard medical bed, with a small shape hidden beneath the covers. Either Sethan was growing to the point of paranoia that he?d go to an ill persons deathbed to avoid being heard or there was more to this then she knew.

?You came quickly,? was his greeting. He usually did not even address her by name.

?My Lord Duke said it was important,? she said so full of saccharine that it made it turned her honored words into an insult.

He sighed, the aging skin above his greying eyebrows wrinkling in frustration. Inwardly, she smiled at her affect on him.

?I brought you here against my better judgement,? he informed her. ?If I did not fear you would learn another way, you would not even have been called. But no matter how tightly I keep this wrapped, you have a way of delving into secret, Kylia.?

?What is this about, Sethan,? she hissed, whispering so as not to disturb the invalid.

?Your daughter,? he stated.

That caused her to pause and blink at him for several heartbeats. ?Aesoleath??

?NO,? he snapped quietly, but forcefully, his cobalt eyes charged. ?You have more than one daughter,? he added more calmly.

She almost didn?t

24. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    ach..it's been so long, but it's here now!![face_dancing]

a great post as usual ZaraValinor! and I can't wait for the next one.

25. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!!

Happy to see you back![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.