main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Darkest Before the Dawn - Ben/OC, J/J, J/TK, Gwynne L/M Leia Author's Note 05/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great Update!

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wonderful! It was great to see everyone in action again! I do love this story.

I can't wait until Ben realizes his wife and children are alive!

I remember now they are still searching for Jaina, and Darth Jacen is running around and his mother is out to thwart him.

=D= Yea! You're back!

3. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    It's great to see you back, Zara. [:D]

I'm really glad Arielle and the kids are still alive, Ben will be so happy. :D Though it appears Arielle's being kept alive for sinister reasons . . .

I really don't like Kylia. She's so conniving and power-obsessed . . .

The group of noble women bowed before her in near unison, dotting upon Gwynne as if she were their own child. Underneath her placid eyes and permanent smile, Gwynne managed to keep herself from lashing out at the women. Their words were a subtle poison, she?d learned, dressed in the beauty of court. Like kanph venom in Alderaanian wine.

I feel sorry for Gwyenne. Hapan politics is literally lethal . . . and the politicians are worse than their true goal . . . which is become the queen mother themselves. Each princess is in the most danger of her life as a vulnerable child . . .

I wonder what Jaina's up to . . . and what's happened to her. I hope Ben and company find her soon.

Finally, I'm glad Leia's ready to stop Jacen, though there's a certain tragedy in the fact that she has to stop her son . . . he is a real monster.

Great chapter. :)

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    that's an intense update, with Leia watching her lover being taken away and this cold mother/daughter non-relationship between Arielle and her mother.

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002

Thanks it's good to be back. Hopefully soon.

Thank you.

I appreciate it.

Don't worry, we'll get to see Jaina and Jacen and Anakin in the next chapter.

Kylia is a definitely a complicated character. Well go deeper with her soon.

Leia's become really hardened. She's just suffered so much and she's just detaching herself entirely.

Yeah, it was pretty intense. Leia's out for blood, metaphorically speaking, and Arielle returns to a family that sees her as a plot.

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Wonderful to see you back, my friend! [:D] What an update to return on!

Interesting and intriguing start with Kylia. She reminds me in a way of the bitter Ta'a chume from COPL (there are other plans it seems for Arielle). To go from Kylia to visit Gwynne to Tenel Ka was as equally intriguing. I'm eager to see how Leia and Orrn's plans go.

I hope Ben finds out his beloved wife and children are alive soon. Arielle is going to need all the help she can get.

Exciting update.=D=

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thanks. It's nice to be back. New chapter soon.

8. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    I was so glad to see this story active again, even though it's been a while since I logged on. [face_blush]

Excellent update. =D=

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Thanks. I'm glad you still enjoy it.

10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    The Icy Grip

There was a small delegation waiting for Jacen when he stepped off his ice car and into the Shadow headquarters on Csilla. Vergere, her black, shiny eyes, regarding him warily, like a bird of prey, she watched, calculated. He paid her little mind. Jacen was well used to the proprietary glare. She?d shared all she would with him, she?d given him the keys to evil, and now it was game of checks and balances.

No. What caught his attention was the man standing next to her. He was taller then Jacen, by a handspan, with hair the color of pitch, his jaw and checkbones had hardened with age, but Jacen could recall them softened and rounded, not quite to manhood. The ice-chipped eyes were the same, though distant, not quite focusing on the present, as though stuck in the past that he?d been forced away from.

It was his brother, in every way. Anakin. Alive.

He?d known that Vergere had pulled off the unimaginable by reinserting his brother?s essence into an unbirthed clone for some time. But knowing it was very different from seeing it.

?Jacen Solo,? Vergere greeted him. ?You made excellent time.?

He nodded at her in greeting. ?Hapan technology,? he said by way of answering. His liquid brown eyes marked Anakin and paused, waiting.

?My assistant, Slate,? she introduced. ?Slate this is a man who shares my vision.?

Anakin turned his obscure gaze to him. ?Master Solo.?

It was even his voice, lower, more resonate, but still Anakin. Despite himself, Jacen felt a chill run up his spine. Force, just the sight of his brother, had brought back all sorts of feelings and responses that Jacen just couldn?t afford.

?Where?s Jaina? I?d like to see her now.?

Vergere could not offer him a placating smile, not with her beaked mouth, but the angle she cocked her head gave off the sense that she was indulging him. ?Of course. Our timetable is precarious. Slate, would you please take Jacen to where we are keeping Jedi Fel.?

?Fel??

?Your sister has apparently married,? Vergere stated, as if this knowledge won her a number of data points. ?Were you not aware??

?Ah, but its only the child I?m concerned about,? Jacen replied, raising a challenging eyebrow.

Again, there was the sense of the indulgence.

?Slate, once Jacen Solo has exhausted his reunion, please show him to the war room.?

?War room? I thought this was an occupation. Are you having difficulty controlling the rabble?? he asked. ?I could have Zesophin bring a portion of my fleet to secure your position.?

?Where is Zesophin now??

?Preparing Hapes.?

?And your daughter?? Vergere demanded.

Jacen gave a laugh. ?She?s safe. I have a man on her. He will take care of things in my absence.?

?Gentlemen,? Vergere decreed before walking off in her lopsided gait.

A pleased smile curved the corners of Jacen?s mouth as she moved off. Their conversations were beginning to get redundant. The same challenges and questions being thrown back and forth, like a game of toss the detonator. It wouldn?t be long before their passive confrontation came to a head. Only a matter of time. Force, he was growing tired of all this waiting and grateful for the distraction his twin sister and resurrected brother presented.

?Slate,? he said, waving hand for Anakin to proceed. Vergere had made it perfectly clear that Anakin was still in the dark as to who he truly was and that his true name was definitely taboo.

?Of course,? Anakin said and walked off with purposefully strides. The long measures of his legs were familiar, but the instant obedience was not. Anakin had taken every opportunity to prove that just because Jacen was older didn?t mean he had unlimited power over him. Something that had driven Jacen to infinite bounds of annoyance.

Anakin lead him through the corridors that were as contradictory as their owners. The carpet and walls were all a varying color of the same ice blue that had overtaken most of Csilla itself since the Shadow?s occ

11. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    OMG it's back!!!!! =D=

I was excited to catch up on what our charcters were doing.

Here is why Jaina is the good for the galaxy that Jacen can never be:

Even if it costs you your baby?s life??

Her hand to her belly, Jaina stilled for an inexorable amount of time, turning as statuesque as the crystalline dead that littered Csilla. Closing her eyes, she took deep breaths. When she opened her eyes, there was no fear, no guilt, only resignation. ?Even then, Jacen. I can?t let an entire galaxy suffer because of me.?

I envision Leia there. She's a lot like her mother with that statement.

Ah good, Anakin/Slate is springing Jaina. It's time Jaina, for all of you, stop being stubborn.

I hope Jacen offs Vergere soon. She's always annoying! :D

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

At least Anakin is comming around.

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! Happy to see more!:)

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    SO Jacen knows who Anakin is.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Yeah, Jaina was so messed up in the last book, it was nice to have her with her head on straight. And the whole prison cell scene was supposed to conjure up the scene in a New Hope where Luke rescues Leia, only more sad. Yeah, Vergere's a pain in the butt.

Thanks. Anakin is beginning to be Anakin.

thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Yeah Jacen knows that Slate is Anakin, but more importantly, he knows that Slate knows he's Anakin. Bad road.

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Excellent and exciting update, Zara. It was great to see Jaina and Jacen. Their talk was laced with suspense and sadness. I can see something similar to this happening in the LOTF.

To his surprise, she walked forward and put a hand to his cheek. ?I?m many people. I am Han and Leia Solo?s daughter, Jacen?s and Anakin?s sister, Jag?s wife, my baby?s mother. I am a fighter. I am a peacemaker. But each faucet of me is toward the light.?

?There is no darkness or light,? he repeated the mantra that had kept him on his path for so many years.

?Just the strong and the weak,? Jaina ventured. ?I remember a time where that would have caused you great sorrow.?

=D=

Awesome monologue you created for Jaina and it explains her so well. Now I'm also hopeful of Anakin Solo having a role in turning events over for better. Great job! :D

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Yeah it was really great writing this part, I really wanted to do a bit yin and yang thing between Jaina and Jacen.

18. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Just an up and to let you know that the next chapter will be up Wednesday. T

19. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    yippie! It's back!!!

I'm ecstatic to see this up an running again, and it's yet another great post.

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Thanks, Ki. I'm ecstatic to be back.

21. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow [face_hypnotized]

I just found this and the prequel today...all I can say is...NEW FAVORITE STORY!!!!

Hope you'll update soon!

...and no bribing and favors are not below me! =P~

LOL...[face_laugh]

Great Job! =D=

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

There will be more. I'm sorry it's taken so long to update, but things seem to refuse to settle in my life.

23. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    How did Jaina know that it was Jacen who killed their father?

Anakin and Jaina both seem afraid of what will happen if Slates true allegiance is discovered. Surely he just as gifted in the force as his siblings. Therefore should not Jacen and Vegere be vary of him discovering who he is. Would he not be a just as much of a threat to them as Luke and Ben are?

Awesome Fic by the way. Is there a PM list for this?

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Jaina learned from Slate/Anakin who learned from Vergere that Jacen had killed Han.

As to his identity, Vergere has had him since his death and feels quite assured of her dominance over him. To her knowledge, Slate has no memory of Anakin and she puts anything Jaina says to the fact that she has become mentally unstable. (which was true back in the beginning of Evolution of the Night).

Slate/Anakin still has his powers, so any instinctual use is just as strong as Luke and Ben, but has had little to no training as Slate. Jaina's done her best, but he's been more of a spy for the underground on Csilla rather then a warrior.

And yes, I'll put you on the PM list.

25. Lanta

Lanta Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007

This is interesting. I'm glad you've finally had a scene between Jaina & Jacen; all through my reading of both fics I was hoping for one. I liked how you wrote it.

Can you add me to your PM list, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.