main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darkest before the Dawn (JA)--Trailer For Sequel NOW UP!!!!!! Edited/tweaked 3/12 evening.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, May 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cast of Characters
    1. Master Alex Arieh, Age:27
    2. Padawan Meri Irhanah, Age: 21
    3. Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Age: Latter 40's
    4. Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, Age: 20
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a planet in which peace seems to rule,
    A darkness is spreading across the land,
    As the light flees before it.

A time of darkness has come
    And evil rules with a cold cruel hand.
    In this time of darkness remember that,
    It is Darkest before the Dawn.

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 05-26-2000).]

2. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    WOO HOO !!! I get the first response....this looks very interesting...do I sense any torture of out sweet lil Obi????

3. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Awaiting more with interest.

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    A JediKnight-Obi-Wan story, always a welcome sight!!!! I can't wait for the story to begin.

5. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Oh goodie! An Alex and Meri story! I'm happy. Now POST!

6. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    A new JediKnight-Obi-Wan story. Enough to brighten anyone's day.

Rubs hands together excitedly
    A little romance, a little action. What a great combination!!!

Post now, post now!!!

7. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan, what a great beginning to the story. I love those darkness and light type stories, so Tolkienish . I am highly intrigued, can't wait to read more!

8. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    First post soon, Please?

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Just so yall know this is going to be quite the long story. Also this is based off a movie. But it is a lot different because it's in the Star Wars world. Lot different. Like this next post. LOL
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meri Irhanah sank into the plain beige chair with a heavy sigh. Their quarters smelled musty, unused. She wrinkled her nose and then rolled her head over to regard the man lying in the matching chair. A smile quirked her lips at the sight.

His head was thrown back against the cushion; his arms folded into the robes of his sleeves. His blue eyes were closed in sleep and his thick black hair fell over his forehead. Even in sleep, he looked weary. He hadn't sunk into that chair but five minutes ago, and already he was asleep.

Meri sighed and frowned. They were both tired. Tired and worn to a frazzle. Their quarters bore witness of their absence. Even with the cleaning droids making their weekly run, it still had the air of an unused and unoccupied room.
    Meri let her own head fall back on the chairs thick cushion, then let out a sigh to end all sighs.

The past few months had been crazy. It seemed she and her Master were always on a mission. Missions that were never easy. In fact, the last few missions both she and Alex had more than one brush with death. They would hardly take one step on the Temple's landing pad, before they were called before the Council and assigned yet another mission.

Even now, their bags sat unpacked by the door. It had taken its toll on both her and Alex. They had just returned from yet another mission, a particularly harrowing mission. Sent as ambassadors to a warring planet, Master and Padawan had their job cut out for them. The first thing they had discovered was that on this planet nobody ever slept. This particular race only slept two hours a night. The rest of the time Meri and Alex were required to be in attendance of the negotiations. Both sides blamed the other. Meri had told her Master she had seen children who were more mature than the officials of that planet. Alex had sighed and agreed with his Padawan.

Meri groaned softly as she thought of the outcome of that mission. Alex had made a very clever suggestion; both sides agreed and signed the treaty. They then had the GALL to say to Meri and Alex's face that they were never needed, and that there was no reason for the Chancellor to have sent them in the first place. Alex and Meri had just exchanged glances and then boarded their transport as quickly as possible.

Meri pushed the thoughts of the last mission out of her mind and concentrated on a relaxing technique she had been taught. She stretched each and every muscle and then relaxed it, letting the fatigue and weariness flow out. When she was through, she lay limp on the chair in an incoherent state of relaxation. She was just about to drift off when the door buzzer rang. She twitched at the intrusive sound and then turned her head as she heard her Master groan. "Don't get up Master I'll get it."

He answered with what sounded like a groan mixed with, "Okay, Padawan." then flung an arm over his face.

Meri stumbled to her feet and headed towards the door. "If that is the sithly Council summoning us I will scream," she muttered to herself.

From the chair across the room came, "Don'th cwall theth Couthsil Sithly, Pathawan," Alex mumbled from underneath his arm.

Meri smiled to herself. "Yes, Master." She opened the door with a smile still lingering on her face. It promptly fell when she saw who was standing there. It was all she could do NOT to scream. "Yes?" She asked the Council courier with a cool smile.

The courier smiled back warmly and handed her a summons. "Have a nice day!" He called cheerily.

Meri scowled and slammed the door in the startled courier's face. "Have a nice day my.."

"Padawan.." Alex grumbled in a warning tone.

"Sorry, Master," she muttered with a sour expression on her face as she carried the summons to him.

Alex sat up with a sigh and took the summons from his scowling P

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I love it already! How sweet, the way that Meri takes care of him. And I like the way she's always trying to say something bad and Alex always manages to stop her in time. Good interaction between these two delightful characters!

Hmmm, now what movie could this be based on?

11. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    <sigh> How adorable! JKOW, I love the relationship you have between those two. Great job, great start.

12. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Hmmm, anybody else reading this????

13. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    yes, yes, yes !!! I'm here and reading...

14. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay here is another post. I'm trying to flush out some readers. Guys, I would really appreciate the feedback! Thanks. And don't worry. Our favorite Padawan,Obi-Wan is in the next post.
    ~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~*****

What must have been hours later Meri awoke. Dimly she was aware that something heavy was lying on her. She came awake a little more and realized she was also very warm.

She tried to wiggle out from underneath whatever had her pinned, but after several unsuccessful attempts she collapsed back onto the bed. Something in her sleep hazed mind clicked. Master....bed......me....sleep!

So that's what it was. Or rather who it was. She had never made it as far as her own bed. She wiggled as she struggled to get her arm out from underneath her own body. With on last jerk and a grunt she pulled it free. Another arm--not her own-- flopped down over her neck and in front of her face.

She frowned sleepily and grabbed the limp hand, trying to move it off her neck. With a little toss, she threw it back over her shoulder. But the movement stirred Alex and he subconsciously put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Her eyes flew open in surprise.

This wasn?t supposed to happen. More unnerving still was his soft, warm breath on her neck. Meri closed her eyes tightly then opened them again. She glanced down at the hands clasped around her waist and clenched her jaw at the wave of unwelcome emotions. For so long she had tried to forget these feelings, and everything inside her shouted at her to run, to escape from the flood of emotion pouring over her in waves.

He needs to sleep, she tried to assure herself. With a brutal shove, she pushed down the rising feeling of panic inside at being in his arms again after so long. If I try to leave now, he?ll sense it and wake.

With this in mind, she tried to relax in his embrace, but sleepiness had temporarily been robbed from her. I wonder why.... a small voice jibbed.

Quickly the young woman turned her thoughts outward and concentrated on anything but her emotions. In the quietness of the room Meri could determine the time of day it was, or rather night. For it was night now. The room was dark except for the small glow that the giant city of Coruscant provided. By listening to the faint sounds of traffic, Meri could tell it was around the middle of the night. She yawned and found herself growing sleepy once more. The warmth at her back cast a spell on her as well as the genuine fatigue of the last mission. With one last glance at the strong hands around her waist, she fell asleep with a troubled look on her face.

15. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Excellent!

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Man, either everyone is out of town or my fic hoovers. Hmm. I hope its the former. Well uppity uppitys thread. I promise, Obi-Wan in the next post.

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Aw, how sweet! I wonder what Alex is going to think when he wakes up and finds Meri snuggled in his arms with that smile on her face.

18. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    I'm reading, JKOW--don't worry about a lack of posts this weekend. It seems like EVERYONE is gone!!

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Jane Jinn, and anyone else who replied, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Here is the promised post with Obi-Wan in it. Hope it's okay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later Meri awoke and realized she had free movement. Sitting up she looked over at Alex who was sprawled on the other side of the bed. A breath of relief escaped her at being free from his arms and then she stumbled out of his bed and down the hall to her own room. Once there, she collapsed on her bed and pulled a sheet up over herself, then immediately fell back asleep.

It was the next day before either of them awoke. Alex opened his eyes slowly and shook his head slightly. He had just had the strangest dream. He looked over at the other side of the bed, and then shook his head again. Yes just a dream. "Hmmm," he muttered to himself.

He stood and looked at the wall chrono, then blinked a few times unsure whether he was seeing the correct time. Force did he really sleep that long? He pushed his sleep-wild hair off his forehead and padded down the hall to Meri's room.

She was lying on her bed fast asleep, a few wisp of hair curling around her face. He looked at her for a moment then walked in and stood next to her bed. "Padawan..." he said, his own voice still thick with sleep.

She stirred and looked up at him. "It can?t be morning already,? she grumbled. ?I feel like I just went to sleep."

Alex rubbed his face and yawned. "Yet it is morning, in fact it?s noon."

Meri sat up quickly. "Noon!"

Alex smiled softly. "Yes, I thought you might want to get up and shower before we have to see the Council."

Meri flopped back on the bed and groaned. "Don't remind me, Master."

A few doors down another Master woke his Apprentice. "Obi-Wan, it's time to get up Padawan." A grumble and moan answered Qui-Gon from underneath a pile of pillows and covers. Qui-Gon leaned farther into the room and tried to make out his Padawan from the lump of covers. "Obi-Wan don't make me come over there."

One blue eye opened and regarded his Master sleepily. The other followed suite until two blue eyes blinked slowly at his Master. "Wha...?" the apprentice mumbled.

Qui-Gon stepped further into the dark room, his own appearance that of just awakening. His shoulder length hair fell around his shoulders and his untucked tunic hung down around his thighs.

Qui-Gon sighed and walked over to Obi-Wan. He knew the young man was still tired. They both were. They had just gotten in last night from their latest mission. They hadn't had much of a break in-between any of their latest missions. Among the Jedi of the temple, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were two of the most sent out pairs. Qui-Gon had planned on asking for a furlough from any missions, but as soon as they arrived the night before he had received a Council summons. Obi-Wan didn't know about it. Yet. He had gone to bed as soon as they arrived.

Qui-Gon sat down on the bed next to his Padawan whose eyes had slid shut once again. Qui-Gon couldn't help grinning at the sight. Obi-Wan was tangled up in his sheets and covers, a pillow thrown over his head haphazardly. His long braid trailed out from underneath the pillow and his ginger hair poked out from underneath the corner.

Qui-Gon grabbed the braid and tugged it continuously. "Obbbiii-Waann....," he teased the half-awake apprentice.

Suddenly Obi-Wan's hand shot out from underneath a lump of sheets and grabbed his braid from his Master's hands. Qui-Gon chuckled. "Come on Obi-Wan. Get up," he said seriously.

Obi-Wan lifted the pillow off his head and gazed blearily up at Qui-Gon. "Why, Master? It's a rest day. And I plan to do just that. Rest." With that, he let the pillow flop back over his face.

A smile tipped the corners of Qui-Gon's mouth. "You don't want to see you're friends?"

From underneath the pillow came a muffled "Now? No."

"What about the Council?" Qui-Gon asked in all seriousness.

For a few long minutes the room was silent, then Obi-Wan lifted the pillow

20. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    LOL!! Hehehe a mission together, yes? Post more!!

21. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    I'm reading, and I really like it too, so keep posting!
    I liked the verse at the beginning, nice touch.

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    An excellent beginning JKOW! I like the almost casual interaction of Alex and Meri, not stilted and formal like some relationships between Master and Padawan.

I'm looking forward to more! Keep up the great work!!

23. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wahoo!!! JKOW, you started your new story!! Sorry, I haven't been able to get on the computer for the last few days or I would have replied sooner. It's awesome, though! I love how you characters interact, with the Padawans always saying less *respectful* comments when allowed. Looking forward to more!

24. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    JKOW, this is great. You've got that dry humor down pat .

25. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Obi is SOOOO cute when he's sleepy!!!!

I love it!! More! More! MORE!!!

ps..Also like the interaction between the other pair...but I was out of town, or I would have replied!! No hoovering here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.