main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darkest before the Dawn (JA)--Trailer For Sequel NOW UP!!!!!! Edited/tweaked 3/12 evening.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, May 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Wow, great stuff! Post more!

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Wow, thanks guys! And epic and naw ibo...I didn't know you two came to fanfiction. Huh! Thanks for reading, and especially for replying
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Late that afternoon Meri and Alex headed for the lift that would carry them up to the Council Chambers. Neither spoke, both of them still quite tired and very much sleepy.

Quietly they both stepped in the lift, the doors closing behind them just as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stepped up to the next lift. Qui-Gon pushed the button and then folded his hands into his sleeves as he waited for the lift to come down to their level.

Obi-Wan shot a look at his Master's calm stoic face and shook his head in disbelief.

Without turning to look at Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon spoke. "What is it Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan turned to his Master, a sullen look on his face. "Nothing." The lift's doors swished open and Qui-Gon stepped in, followed closely by his Padawan.

Once the doors were closed and they were rushing upwards, Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan with a patient look on his face. "Last time you had that look on your face I forced you to go to the healers for the cold you had."

Obi-Wan sighed. "I was just hoping that this time we might actually get to stay at the Temple long enough for me to greet my friends. I mean I haven't seen Meri in months! Or Bant."

Qui-Gon placed a hand on the young man's shoulder. "I know Obi-Wan. Perhaps this will be a short mission and then we can return and you can have time with your friends."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, Master."

Together the two stepped out of the lift and headed for the Council chambers. Qui-Gon spied two familiar figures walking up ahead and shot a look at his apprentice to see if Obi-Wan had noticed.

Qui-Gon smirked. Obi-Wan was off in another world, his gaze directed to the busy traffic outside the glass windows of the Temple. Qui-Gon looked ahead again to confirm his suspicions. Yes, he was sure it was them. They looked even more tired than he and Obi-Wan. A grin tugged at the corners of Qui-Gon's mouth. "Padawan?"

"Hmmm, Master?" Obi-Wan ask distractedly, his gaze still directed out the window.

"Did you say you hadn't seen Meri in a while?" Qui-Gon asked, slight amusement lacing his voice.

Obi-Wan turned to his Master, curiosity written across his features. "Yes, Master. Why?"

Qui-Gon continued to look ahead as he motioned at their destination.

Obi-Wan's eyes followed his gaze and saw Meri and Alex standing outside the Council Chambers. "Meri!" Obi-Wan called. He moved into a fast walk as he headed for her.

"Obi-Wan???" Meri cried.

Obi-Wan stopped in front of the pair and then bowed respectively to Alex. "Master Arieh." he greeted.

Alex nodded in greeting. "Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan turned to Meri then and she threw her arms about his neck and gave the young man a hug. "Obi-Wan, I haven't seen you in months!"

Qui-Gon joined them and after greeting Alex turned to the two Padawans. "Yes Meri, he was saying the exact same thing about you just this morning."

A smile barely lifted the corners of her mouth. "Was he?" Meri poked Obi-Wan in the ribs and grinned.

Qui-Gon nodded. "Yes, amidst other things." Qui-Gon then turned to Alex as Meri and Obi-Wan broke into their own conversation. "How is it going with you Alex? You look a little tired."

The younger man nodded wearily. "Yes Qui-Gon, I am. The last mission we were on tired both Meri and I."

Qui-Gon darted a glance at the young woman who along with Obi-Wan was now listening to their Master's conversation. Qui-Gon noticed she looked almost as tired and worn as Alex.

"We only were allowed two hours sleep a night." Meri offered.

Obi-Wan looked startled. "You're joking right?" he asked.

Qui-Gon sent his Padawan an amused look. "I don't think my Padawan could handle that. If he doesn't have at least 15 hours of sleep he gets cranky."

Alex and Meri chuckled at the look on Obi-Wan's face.

Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed and he sent his Master a mock glare. "Very funny Master. Very funny ind

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm so sorry it took so long to read this. JediKnight-Obi-Wan, this is a wonderful story. I love the characterizations of Meri and Alex, they are so good together and your Qui and Obi are perfect.

I'm thrilled that this will be a long story and look forward to many hours of reading.

4. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Ooh!! A double-team mission? Huh? Huh? Am I right?

Excellent post!! Gimme more! Gimme more!

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh yeah, I pop into fanfic . This the first story of your's I've have read though. I guess I just missed the others. It is very enjoyable. Alex and Meri seem like great characters.

6. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    YEH! Double team! Now what could that possibly mean...

Love the dscription of Obi-Boy waking up

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, yeah, a double mission! I can't wait to see if Obi-Wan and Meri will always be getting along well together, or whether they'll start to grate on each other's nerves after a while. And didn't you mention in USJS that they were always getting up to mischief together? They haven't outgrown that, have they? Please no!

As Gryph said, gimme more, gimme more!

8. Tigris

Tigris Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    "Obbbiiii-Waaaannn" LOL I love that part!! That's what I do to my sister to get her up . POST MORE SOON!

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay, as usual I'm always nervous about posting when the post includes new names of planets and stuff because I never know if I'm using someone else's idea. Hope this post is okay.
    Feedback, PLEASE.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon and Alex stepped into the Council Chambers followed by their Padawans. The two Jedi Masters walked to the front of the circle engraved in the marble floor and Meri and Obi-Wan each stood behind and to the side of their Master. All four bowed to the Jedi Council then folded their arms inside their robe sleeves.

"My Masters." Qui-Gon greeted.

Mace Windu leaned forward and laced his fingers together, then spoke. "Master Jinn, Master Arieh, you may be wondering why we have called both you and your Padawans."

Qui-Gon tipped his head in a yes. Mace then looked over at younger Jedi Master. "Master Arieh, you look tired. Both you and Padawan Irhanah."

"Yes Master Windu, we are weary." He didn't try to hide the fatigue in his voice as he spoke.

Mace Windu nodded. "We received the report on your last mission. Very well done."

Alex bowed again. "Thank you Master."

Obi-Wan darted his eyes over at Meri and saw the same curiosity in her dark eyes that were in his. Why were they here? Obi-Wan shifted impatiently and Meri's eyes slid over to him and a ghost of a smile flitted across her features. She stood quietly and calmly behind her Master, her face the typical model of a Jedi.

Mace's eyes caught Obi-Wan's slight movement and he gazed steadily in Obi-Wan's direction before returning his attention to Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan flushed and then looked down at the marble floor.

"We have a mission for you on the planet of Caldeena," Mace said. None of the Council members missed the air of weariness the seemed to radiate off the four Jedi at Mace Windu's words.

Mace Windu shot a glance at Yoda then continued. "Caldeena has been divided into two sides for many years. The North side, the Caldeenians, is stronger than the Chushans of the South and has taken control of Caldeena. The planet is at peace however. Not much is known about the Chushans. Only that there is an old Palace which has been there for centuries. Their past is dark, and not much is known about it. Only rumors which have not been proved. The Chushans have agreed to sign a treaty of peace with the Caldeenians and the Caldeenians requested that Ambassadors be sent."

Qui-Gon nodded in acceptance, but then voiced the question that all four Jedi wished to ask. "What is the need of four Ambassadors, Master?" This mission sounded simple enough. In fact, a single Jedi Knight could be sent.

Mace Windu smiled and glanced at Yoda again. "As soon as you are through, Master Jinn, you and Master Arieh and your Padawans are to take a short furlough. This mission is simple, and will be completed in a day at most. The Caldeenians have offered to let you stay on in their capital."

Meri looked over at Obi-Wan and grinned. They weren't being sent on a mission. They were being sent on a fulough.

A soft smile lit Qui-Gon's face. "I see, Master."

Mace Windu returned his smile, "Your transport leaves tomorrow morning. May the Force be with you."

The four Jedi bowed to the Council, then filed out. As soon as the doors shut behind them, Meri turned to the others. "Finally, we are going to get some rest and relaxation."

Obi-Wan smiled along with the rest of them, but deep down something twinged, and a slight frown creased his brow as he and his Master returned to their quarters.

~~~~

Darkness shrouded the Jedi Temple that night and the only sounds to be heard was the hum of air traffic in the late night air. In the Jedi Temple hanger the shadows were even deeper and everything was still. A slight movement flickered in the dark as it moved quietly and quickly through the Temple's hanger.

Ruwin Donn paused as he listened carefully in the dark, then slunk over to one of the Jedi Temple's Ambassador star ships. He couldn't be caught. The filthy Jedi deserved what he had plan

10. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    ::shaking head:: the boys oughta know, get a break and it'll blow up in your face. If they want a retreat, they need to lock themselves in their quarters and send out for Quandrian pizza, hold the onions.

11. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    uh oh....somebody sneaking around the ships...that can't be good!!

By the way...how is it that Meri and Alex are Master and Padawan, when they are so close in age??? Just wondering...

I really love this story!!

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    VERY GOOD STORY! Sorry I didn't post sooner cool.gif

13. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    oh man, Obi's gonna get it...I have a bad feeling about this.

14. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes, Poor Jedi don't get a break do they?

15. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I go away for the long weekend and look what I find when I return, a fantastic JKOW story, I couldn't be happier. Alex and Meri are great together. Obi and Qui should know by now, nothing ever goes as planned, and don't we just love that

16. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    I love the way you've drawn out Meri and Alex's characters, they really complement one another.
    As long as you keep posting, I'll keep reading!

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay, first Darth Tristeza, yes they are close in age, and actually these two characters are from USJS. But this happens after a this big plot scheme I'm working on with another Authoress that takes place in USJS. This plot scheme will change everything. LOL

Anyway the background to the two of them goes like this. When Meri was 14, her Master--with whom she was VERY close-- went on a solo mission and got killed. Alex who had just been Knighted at the early age of 21, was assigned as her new Master. No one else would take her because she was grieving so deeply to the point of starving herself ect. And Alex was the only one who could reach her, and draw her out.
    In this story Alex is fixing to turn 28. Don't know if I'll throw that in or not.

I'm sorry to say you'll have to wait a bit for the next part. I've run out of pre-written stuff, and I'm writting this story VERY carefully. I'm trying to really improve my poor attempts at writting, and sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to just think of the perfect word to fit in a sentence.

Thanks for all your replies. Please, keep them coming

[edit]heheheh sometimes I say way to much. LOL[edit]

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 05-30-2000).]

18. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    No need to apologize JediKnight-Obi-Wan, I understand your desire to find the perfect words before you post!!!!! However, don't be so hard on yourself, your characterizations are great and your stories very well written!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the perfect words to be posted!!!!!!!!

19. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    JKOW, I love this. Now that I'm reading your story, I see you were right, that plot device coming up in USJS *will* work perfectly in this!

For the love of The Great Flanelled One, will you stop beating yourself up about your writing? You're doing great! Sometimes it takes me hours and hours to finish a scene, so I undertstand what you mean about the 10 to 15 minutes to find that perfect descriptive word.

I loved your description of Alex cuddling Meri in his sleep, and his appearance and voice when he finally wakes up. My hubby has that not-quite-awake and hair in his eyes *every* morning.

Keep up the good work!

- Rani

20. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Please...forgive me for being the town idiot here...but what is USJS???

I really love this story...and I'd love to go check out USJS...as soon as I find out what it is!

21. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    *grin*. USJS (Ultra Stressed Jedi Students) is a REEEAAALLLY LONG (36 or more JC pages all told, I think) group fiction about exchange students staying at the Jedi Temple. It's really good. . . .but it might take you a couple of weekends to read. Right now it's in it's third reincarnation (meaning that the two previous threads got killed by the server), Part III of the Ultra Stressed Jedi Students. Read it--if you have time.

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Umm, Just remember if you read the WHOLE thing of USJS, well actually you really might want to otherwise you would get very confused,LOL, That this story is after something really big happens to change their relationship. Meri and Alex I mean. I may even allude to it in this story.

Ohh, lol I haven't written about it in USJS yet either. LOL so all you people who read in USJS can just be curious. LOL

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 05-31-2000).]

23. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Ok, great post. But now I'm really curious as to what big event changes their relationship. I hope that that they don't grow apart, they're wonderful together.

BTW- I can relate to having difficulty writing. When I have the most time I can't seem to pull anything out of my brain, yet sometimes at work things just pop into mind.

24. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Me too HealerLeona, I do my best brainstorming while sitting in my car during my lunch break. (Though the weather is getting much too hot for that these days).

And JKOW, I know how you feel about trying to find the right words. When I re-read parts of my recently completed story [shamelesspromotion]Divided We Fall[/shamelesspromotion], I often cringe in horror at some of my word usage.

I patiently await for more.

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Just wanted to mention how much I'm enjoying this story so far, and boy, do I know what you're going through, trying to find exactly the right words for each scene! On the one hand, I want to tell you to take your time and do it to your own satisfaction. On the other hand, I want to tell you to hurry up so that we can have the next installment! Oh, and I'm also looking forward to this "big event" in your (hopefully soon) upcoming USJS post, which changes the relationship between Meri and Alex. Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.