main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darkest before the Dawn (JA)--Trailer For Sequel NOW UP!!!!!! Edited/tweaked 3/12 evening.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, May 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I'm just on a mad posting frenzy tonight!
    JKOW, please post! The suspense of this is killing me!

2. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    I agree. We need a bloody post!

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh my, its one cliffhanger after the other!!!!

I hope Meri is not hurt to badly, because I have a feeling Obi-Wan is hurt worse then he is letting on. He is always more concerned for the safty of others, what a sweety!

BTW... those are any thing but iffy JediKnight-Obi-Wan.

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Thanks guys. For some reason I just felt that last post was iffy along with this one. Are there any lurkers out there???
    Plllease reply!
    Here's another one.
    This fic really is dark isn't it?
    And to think it only gets worse!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master!" he tried to shout in the thick smoke, but he only ended up coughing. Concentrating, he sent a wave of the force towards Qui-Gon instead. At once Qui-Gon was at his side and helping him lift the debris away. Together they hefted the two cots off Meri and threw them to the side.

Qui-Gon knelt next to the young woman and checked for a pulse. He sighed softly in relief when he found a faint pulse.

Suddenly with an explosion of sparks, a fire lite overhead. Obi-Wan stumbled to his feet and almost fell when he tried to pick Meri up.

Qui-Gon shot his apprentice a concerned glance then gently picked up Meri and stood carefully. With a wave of his hand Qui-Gon indicated that Obi-Wan should go first. From the look of his unsteady Padawan, Qui-Gon wasn't sure Obi-Wan would make it out on his own. Obi-Wan had obviously hit his head and the smoke inhalation was not helping him any.

Obi-Wan saw his Master's gesture and propelled himself away from the wall he had been leaning on for support. Together the two Jedi headed back out, Qui-Gon holding Meri close and shielding her from the hot falling sparks.

Obi-Wan stumbled out into the fresh air and dropped to his knees as his lungs worked feverishly to pull in clean air.

Supporting Meri with one arm, Qui-Gon pulled his weak apprentice up and led him farther away and over by Alex. As soon as Qui-Gon let go, Obi-Wan fell to the ground and made no effort to get up.

Qui-Gon sat down, weary himself and leaned up against a tree, watching as the Jedi Order's Ambassadorial ship exploded into flames. He settled Meri in his arms and glanced down at her. Now that they were out of the heavy smoke Qui-Gon studied Meri's face and body for signs of injury.

Her face pale, Meri trembled in Qui-Gon's lap and he frowned. The hot and humid air was anything but cold. A large gash on her forehead oozed blood, the only outward sign of injury. Somehow Qui-Gon knew it was much more serious than that. Tearing a strip off his tunic, he bound her head carefully, wishing for water to clean the wound.

Qui-Gon then set her down gently on the ground and moved to his apprentice's side. Obi-Wan was barely conscious and for the first time Qui-Gon saw the large knot on Obi-Wan's head. Tenderly the Jedi Master placed his hand on his Padawan's face. "I'm Proud of you Obi-Wan" he said softly. Obi-Wan only murmured in response then fell silent once again. His apprentice had kept a calm cool head in a dangerous situation, and he was very proud of him. The only thing he could do for Obi-Wan was let him rest and his body to heal. The same for Alex.

Qui-Gon looked to the sky and noticed that most of the day had already been spent and night would be falling soon.
    There wasn't much he could do tonight with one barely conscious Padawan, a fully unconscious Master, and another seriously injured and unconscious Padawan.

Grabbing Obi-Wan under his arms, Qui-Gon gently pulled his Padawan over next to Alex, then covered the both of them with Obi-Wan's robe. Though it was warm now he sensed it would be much colder after the sun set and they would help keep each other warm.

With that done, Qui-Gon turned back to Meri, who was trembling violently on the ground. Gently he picked her up and then sat back down against the tree. He knew he had to get her warm and shifted her so that she was enveloped in his own robe and close to his body heat. As he moved her she whimpered and then he heard her call in a faint whisper for her Master.

"Hush little one." he spoke soothingly. Though Meri was a young woman of 21 Qui-Gon still remembered her as a young girl and Obi-Wan's best friend. And right now she looked like the young girl she had once been.

"Alex..." she whimpered.

One of Qui-Gon's eyebrows rose in sur

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Whew, everybody's still alive! What a relief! But how can they get the help they need? Post more soon, and think about USJS while you're at it!

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I guess I could be considered a lurker.

All I can say is give us more JKOW! :)

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Man that is one banged up group of Jedi!!!!!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally, some of my tension released. Injured, but alive. Now I only hope they make it through a quiet night.

Loved how Meri's little slip of 'Alex' got Qui-Gon thinking.

9. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Up you go!
    Personally, I'm still tense. What's going to happen?? Qui-Gon's gonna be busy taking care of three injured people.
    Please post again soon, JKOW!!

10. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    I was wondering, have you done that USJS post yet that leads to Meri saying never? Or did I just miss it?

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    *Sigh* No, not yet SithAbigal. Still waiting on someone. But trust me. I don't think you'll miss it when it happens :)
    Oh and it won't just be one post. *G*

12. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow I've missed a lot. Glad everyone's ok, or at least if seems so.

13. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Woo!! This story is cool.. Post more PLEASE!!!

----------------------------------------------
    FA

14. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Still a'readin' this, JKOW!
    Please post again soon!

15. JSkywalker

JSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    Great posts! I can't wait to find out how the injured Jedi will get out of this one! BTW, I love this story, and want to find out Meri and Alex's problem!
    Post soon!

Jess

16. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post soon! I, like everyone else, wants to know what's up with Meri and Alex.

You are our only hope! :)

17. Fleet Admiral

May 12, 2000
    No way this belongs on page 6. UP this thread.
    JKOW, would you mind post more???

--------------------------------------------------
    FA

18. Fleet Admiral

May 12, 2000
    No way this belongs on page 6. UP this thread.
    JKOW, would you mind post more???

--------------------------------------------------
    FA

19. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    MORE!!!!

What's up with Meri calling her Master Alex? Further more, wht the hell was a bomb doing on their ship!

I demand answers!

Please?

20. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Dear Meri and Alex fans,

This is JKOW's beta-reader here, and as such, I'm privy to all her sithly plans for this wonderful and tragic pair of Jedi. ;)

Some of you are asking yourselves, "I don't get it, why is Meri calling him Alex and acting all weird?"

Others of you are asking yourselves, "Hang on a minute, in USJS, their feelings for one another were *mutual*...what the heck happened only two years later to change that?"

Here's a re-cap of what happened two years previously in the thread we all know (and most of us love) called Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students: Meri and Alex discovered that they were developing..."less-than-professional" feelings for one another. The differences in age between this master and padawan was less than seven years (at the time she was 18 and he was 25).

Seeking Yoda's help, Alex was given a choice: give up being Meri's master, or keep their relationship strictly platonic until Meri was knighted. He chose to remain her master, especially considering her first master had been killed, and losing a second would be too traumatic for the young apprentice. Only two others knew of their feelings: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda. (A third individual will discover their secret, coming soon to a USJS thread near you.)

So what happened to destroy all of Meri's hopes of ever having a future relationship with Alex, once she was no longer his apprentice? For the answers to this, and much, much more, you'll have to start reading "Ultra Stressed Jedi Students Part IV", and wade through all the Obi-torture to get to the good bits...try starting around page 13...yeah...that ought to do it. Better yet, I'll get on here and *tell* you when Meri and I start that little plot-sevice rolling. :)

Oh, as for the bomb...go back and read page two of this thread. It was a sithly-evil-revenge-seeking-nasty terrorist whose brother had been killed by Jedi. As Obi-Wan's rotten luck would have it, (as evidenced in USJS) they picked *his* ship. Yes, the Force is definately with him...or is that just yesterday's tuna caserole? Good thing he didn't crash the ship into a temple wall or a pretty female exchange student or something...(*ahem*).

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread of "Darkest Before the Dawn", developed, written, and posted by that writing super-genius, JKOW.

Will Meri survive the night? Will Alex regain consciousness? Will Qui-Gon be able to find help? Will Obi-Wan be able to get himelf captured by some enemy and tortured mercilessly to the point of near-death before his master can rescue him? For the answers to these and many more burning questions, quit harassing the author and stay tuned!!!

- Rani
    (note: the above opinions are not necessarily those of the author of Darkest Before the Dawn, or the writers of USJS. They're mine. All mine! Nyah, so there.)

21. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    *Laughs* Thanks to my beta reader, Rani! And thanks to all my readers!!! You guys are great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sky was just beginning to lighten and the stars to fade when Qui-Gon heard noises of stirring coming from Obi-Wan and Alex's direction. He lifted his head and looked towards the two Jedi. Neither one appeared to have moved but Qui-Gon was certain he had heard one of them.
    He shifted his tall frame uncomfortably. The night on the hard ground, in one position had not been pleasant. In the dawning light he lifted his robe and glanced with concern at the girl in his arms. To his relief she had gained back some of her color, and appeared to be resting quietly.
    A muffled groan broke the mornings stillness and drew the Master's attention off the injured Padawan. In the few minutes that had passed the sky had lightened so that he could see both Obi-Wan and Alex's faces.
    Qui-Gon watched as the younger Jedi Master's eyes fluttered open and then with a start, he sat bold upright and called for his Padawan.
    "Alex, over here. I have her," Qui-Gon spoke before the young Master got too worried.

He turned quickly at the sound of Qui-Gon's voice. "Oh thank the force," he moved even as he spoke and knelt by Qui-Gon's side.
    "Is she alright?" he breathed.

In response Qui-Gon lifted his robe off the Padawan. "I don't know," he said honestly.

Even in the poor lighting Alex could see the huge bruise and bandaged gash on his Padawan's head. "Has she been awake since the crash?" He tore his gaze away from his Padawan and looked at the older Jedi in concern.

"No. When Obi-Wan and I first found her and got her out, she was shaking very hard and much paler than this. She hasn't woken up, but she does look better," he offered in comfort.

Alex nodded and brushed a tender hand over her brow, then looked back at Qui-Gon. "Then we must find a medical center," he stated firmly.

Qui-Gon sighed. Through the long night he had focussed on how they could reach help, but there were complications. "Depending on which side of Caldeena we crashed on, that could pose a problem," he said softly.

The younger Jedi's face fell as understanding dawned on him. "I hope we are not on the South side!"

"That would be unfortunate," Qui-Gon said grimly. "We will have to locate a city before we can tell and I'm not certain which direction that would be," he admitted.

Alex sighed and then glanced around the forest, his gaze coming to rest on Obi-Wan. "Oh, Qui-Gon, forgive me, I should have asked of yours and Obi-Wan's injuries.

A gentle smile crossed the older Jedi's face. "It's okay Alex, and perfectly understandable. Your Padawan should be in your foremost thoughts, especially when injured."
    Qui-Gon shot an affectionate glance at Obi-Wan, sprawled on the forest floor in his typical sleeping fashion. "He'll be alright. He had a hard knock to the head, but he should recover soon, I imagine."

Alex eased down into a sitting position next to Qui-Gon then held his arms out. "Let me take her and you can check on him."

Qui-Gon nodded and gently transferred the padawan into her Master's arms, then stood and stretched his stiff muscles. He moved over and knelt next to the sleeping lad, then nudged his shoulder gently. "Obi-Wan?.....Padawan?"

Obi-Wan groaned but his eyes opened slowly and fastened on his Master's face.

"How do you feel this morning Obi-Wan?" he asked softly.

The young man sat up, wincing as he did so and put a hand to his head. "My head hurts Master." Almost as an afterthought he added, "And my throat."

"As to be expected," the older Jedi said with a soft smile.

Obi-Wan glanced at Alex, who was looking intently under the bandage Qui-Gon had put on Meri's cut. "How is she Master?"

Qui-Gon followed his apprentice's glance.
    "I'm not sure Obi-Wan. She's hit her head very badly, but that seems to be the worst injury."

Obi-Wan looked over at Meri, a far off look in his eyes. Suddenly his face lit up and he turned to Qui-Gon excitedly. "Master! I just remember

22. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    DOH! to MEri for that one! Padawans should know better than to keep things from their Masters.

I may sound like I repeating this phrase to often but moving off to the town?

I have a bad feeling about this.

23. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    ^^^^ UP!!! ^^^^

- Rani

24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
  25. Fleet Admiral

May 12, 2000
    A new post all right!!!

"Uncertain the future is for this jedi group."

I hope Meri is ok..... she is not going to die later... is she?? Now that would be truly tragic.
    I am not sure i can handle that...

Great post JKOW and Rani.. hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.