Before "Darkest Hour, Brightest Hope BOOK 2*COMPLETED!! PADAWANS,PAST,PRESENT, & GRAND!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    If you want to read Book 1, here is where you go.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10707017&page=10

Obi-Wan is blind and Master Jinn?s new apprentice. Xanatos has proven himself to be worthy of another chance to finish his apprenticeship and gain Knighthood. His master is none other than Master Yoda.

ITILACS denotes mind speech or thought.

If you need to be filled end more then go to Book 1 and read the first half of this continuing story. ewen

#############

Bags packed, saber clipped to his utility belt and still uncertainty lingered about his ability to make this trip. Obi-Wan let Xanatos words of concern for Master Jinn prevent him from truly having faith in himself.

Qui-Gon came to Obi?s room to make sure he was ready to leave their shared apartment to join Master Yoda and Xanatos on the transport to Tatooine. He found his padawan sitting on the bed with a forlorn look on his face.

?Do you have a problem I can help you with Obi-Wan, or is that look of awe going to stay on your face for the entire mission??

Qui-Gon knew Obi-Wan suffered dreadfully with a severe case of ?lack of self confidence? and he tried to alleviate some of the tension in the boy?s room.

?No problem really, but Master may I ask you something??

?Yes, you may ask me anything *if* we are not going to go over the ridiculous idea that you should stay here while Master Yoda, Xani,and I go on this trip.?

?Well Xanatos might be right. Maybe I am not capable of watching your back as someone else would be with eyesight. I wouldn?t want to compromise your mission and most importantly jeopardize your life. I have been thinking that I should be better trained before I try to assist in a mission. I can stay here while the three of you and a padawan or knight of your choice can be paired with you. Yes that is the best way to handle this.?

? Too bad you are not the master or you could have decided what is best. However I am in charge and when a master tells his apprentice that he *has* to go on a mission then he *has* to go on the mission.?

Jinn really did want to calm Obi-Wan?s fears about the mission. The young man was not afraid for himself but for his master and those with them. Quite an honorable thing Qui-Gon thought. Obi-Wan had learned lately to trust his master. Now it was necessary for him to learn to trust himself as well.

?Listen to me, Obi-Wan. You have learned how to deal with your blindness quite efficiently. You won?t be the only one there you know. Master Yoda is quite handy with the use of a saber and Xani knows almost as much as I. It will not like I have no one else but you to watch my back although I would not have minded had it only been you and I. I know you would do your best to protect me as I would to protect you.?

?What if my best is not good enough master? I know you are right, you will have someone else besides me to watch out for you. I don?t doubt them, I doubt myself.?

?Well you shouldn?t and I don?t think that is what lies behind your hesitation about this trip. It?s not the doubt you have of yourself you are worried about. You are concerned with what Xanatos will think about your abilities. Now get up and wipe that dismal look from your face. We have a transport to get too. I am sure, knowing Yoda, he and Xani are already there pacing back and forth wondering where you and I are. Now go.?

On board the ship everyone seemed to feel Obi-Wan?s distress. That was because all four of them had been in some way linked to each other. The bond Xani shared with Qui-Gon was almost gone but remnants remained just as fragments of Jinn?s bond with Yoda was still there.

?Difficult this will be. Mind cluttered already with everyone?s thoughts it is. Shield we all should to ensure privacy to all. Obi-Wan, you in particular I would think. Stifle that self-pity you will. More than capable you are to be here or allow you too I would not. Worry you should not. ?

Yoda quickly turned his attention to his aprentice, Xanato
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I get first reply?

Grandparent :) Of course they spoil the kid. It's in the job description!
  3. Lazy-Bones Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wonderful, a new book!
  4. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Gimer stick always close by, it is
    [face_laugh]

Great start to the second book!
  5. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Book2
    In fresh clothes and most of the sand washed away, the four Jedi felt better. Their home was a tent just barely big enough all of them, especially the extremely long legs of Master Jinn.

Their job, a simple one, keep the Hutts from terrorizing the moisture farms again; the only two government owned farms in the area. They supplied the only drinking water to the city of Talin, the capital of Tatooine and surrounding homes. had been raided and sabotaged twice; damaging expensive hard to be replaced equipment They wanted this city to settle in without interruption of others and they certainly didn?t want to be govern by the present city government, of the breakaway peaceful Hutts that now controlled it.

Jamma the Hutt and his followers were determined to drive the city officials from it. The Jedi?s were to try to negotiate with the Hutts and if not then they would have to physically stop them if need be. The Hutts had no love for the Jedi and the Jedi shared that same sentiment for them..

They were more or less rivals of good versus evil in the most basic barbaric form. The Hutts? desire to eliminate the Jedi?s from the galaxy played into their resistance to the Jedi there too help but might end up hindering the peace agreement only because they *were* Jedi. Even the sect of mild mannered Hutts that sought assistance from the Republic on Coruscant, was not happy with them sending the Jedi.

The Jedi would be tolerated but not necessarily welcomed or trusted by either group of Hutts. Supreme Chancellor Valorum had thought to send just senate negotiators, but none volunteered for such a dangerous job so it was left for the only group willing to meet with the Hutts face to face, The Jedi, Jinn and Yoda in particular.

###That evening###

Master Yoda and Obi-Wan retired to the tent earlier than Xanatos and Qui-Gon. Obi turned in as soon as his regular meditation were over. Master Yoda managed to convince Qui-Gon to let the boy?s *whining* go unpunished. Yoda voiced his opinion that his grand padawan was tired and needed rest more than he needed to make his knees sore meditating. Jinn finally gave in, but as the evening advanced, his mood did not improve with time.

He might have gotten a little more edgy and exhibited a certain unexplained irritation. So much so Obi-Wan quickly excused himself, rather that take a chance of another confrontation with him. Obi-Wan might not end up as lucky as he did from their earlier minor spat.

"Well Master Jinn, just like old times.?

?*Similar*, but not quite alike. You have a new master and I have a new apprentice. However we are together again on a mission. It does feel..I don?t know?comfortable??

?I never thought you would describe being around me as *comfortable*.

Jinn?s mind seemed far off as he listened to Xani.

?Aye? former padawan of mine there was a time when things were anything but comfortable betweenyou and I."

Xanatos regretted his words because he brought up old and bitter-sweet memories. Most were bitter but some when Xani was younger were *sweet*. Xani only wondered if Jinn ever thought of the good times, but he did not have the courage to ask for fear the answer would be a resounding *no*.

Xanatos didn?t ask his master anything for he did not want to break memories. Memories of a formable Jedi pair that worked synchronized like a glove and hand.

?Master why are you so?well soo?. something is definitely on your mind? I know you were short with Obi-Wan, once in the desert for his whining as you called it and then later this evening. I have no doubt that his why he is in bed now to steer clear of your wrath. I think that may be the reason my master is in bed as well; neither of them wanted another confrontation with you.?

?And you Xani? Do I not put fear in you as well? Or do you know me so well to ignore my temperamental outbursts.?

A snort of a laugh came from Xani. He let his gaze roam over to his master and did not break their eye contact.

?Is that what you call it? Some might say it was a temp
  6. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it's nice to see that things haven't changed, since they're all getting on each other's nerves without fail. [face_plain]

:p
  7. ewen Jedi Master

star 4

Master Yoda came out of the tent like his feet were on fire. He rushed to where his own new apprentice sat.

?Trouble you caused you have, Xanatos?

Qui-Gon abruptly stopped and listened. He didn?t want Xanatos wrongly accused of starting this rift. He felt both were handily to blame, but he would take issue if Xani received the most correction for it. He truly felt it was Obi-Wan?s desire to eavesdrop on a private conversation that was the reason for the outburst between the two.

?Meditate you will on causing trouble padawan.?

?Master, I have already done my meditation for the evening and I don?t think there is a meditation for disagreeing with someone.?

?Then meditation there should be for just that reason. Leave it to you to make one up I will. Do it and check with me later. Like or not I can tell you after you have invented it and gone through it.?

Qui-Gon made a couple of steps backward drawing Obi-Wan with him. He went just far enough for his former master to be able to here him.

?Master, I don?t think this was really Xani?s fault in any way. He voiced his opinion and Obi-Wan disagreed, a little disrespectfully and much too loudly, but that is how this shouting match started.?

Although Jinn knew he couldn?t see it he flashed Obi-Wan a look of annoyance, rolled his eyes and returned his gaze to his former master who began speaking again.

?Two it takes to argue it does. Xanatos padawan to me now he is. For me to decide it is what I think best for him.?

Yoda took his hand and waved Qui-Gon away. The curt remark by Yoda directed at him stung Jinn?s ego. He was not used to being the brunt of Yoda?s disdain.

"Off you go to your own business. Take care of your own padawan you will, see to mine I will also.?

At beginning Qui-Gon was just little preturbed at the argument the two had gotten into. However, with Yoda putting his opinion in and not too kindly to his former apprentice, Qui-Gon was more than displeased, he was fuming over the fact Obi-wan had gotten Xani in trouble; trouble Jinn felt rightly belonged to Obi-Wan no matter how Master Yoda saw it.

"If I thought it would do any good, you would still receive extra meditations. I should not have let Master Yoda talk me out of my plans to have you do extra meditating for your comments in the desert. Now I suppose you think he will come to your aid any time you need him."

Obi-Wan stood silent. He had no wish to start a disagreement, but he reasoned he really didn?t do anything wrong. Master and Xani started this mess with their *behind the back* tactics of discussing him.

What he planned to be an apology came out as a swift retort filled with as much venom as he thought he heard in his master?s words.

?I didn?t ask Master Yoda to defend me. He did it willingly. I suppose because he knew it was not my fault, but yours and Xani?s.?

?Obi-Wan I know things have been stressful for you so I will overlook your words which in my opinion or filled with disrespect.?

?Disrespect? Would you rather I lie Master? Would you prefer I speak my words behind your back so as you not here but still it would be just as wrong to say them? No, I won?t do that. I am least honest. I won?t say behind your back what should be said to your and Xani?s face. I am more courteous than you and your apprentice. When did you decided to make my creditability as an apprentice you topic of evening conversation, over a cup of tea? How could you so nonchalantly discuss my possible failures as your apprentice with the one former apprentice who would have gladly taken up where you must think I will fail. That?s is just wrong. No thank you, Master. I will say what I have to say to your face.?

Master Jinn had just been put in his place by his apprentice. Obi-Wan?s assessment of what happened seemed so correct and his actions so right for it.

Shame colored the master?s face a rosy tinge. From Obi?s view he supposed what he said did sound like criticism. He knew Xani was certainly pointing out his flaws with relative ease. Jinn knew he should hav
  8. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked] I can't wait to see what happens next!

Sometimes I wonder why Obi-Wan doesn't just become Yoda's apprentice..they get along so well!
  9. Lazy-Bones Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, what the Lieutenant said. Up! :)
  10. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Please forgive any mistakes. I wanted to get this to ya this morning. I plan to go back over it this afternoon when I get home. I figure you guys can muddle through it!!!ewen

#################

Morning brought out the best in Master Yoda but not the other three. Xani seemed to hold a grudge because Obi-Wan got him in trouble. He refused to apologize to the younger apprentice and got an additional meditation every night for a week.

Xanatos had been out on his own for a couple of years and to be a treated like a child was not becoming. In fact he felt it degraded him. Obi-Wan was as remorseful as they come that morning.

Xanatos was the one who got injured to rescue him from the wolf and this is how he showed his appreciation? He wanted to apologize to Xanatos. He had not meant to draw Master Yoda into it. But his apology went unsaid because of his stubbornness. Obi now wished he had let the entire episode last night go.

Obi-Wan wished he could retract his words to both his master and Xanatos but there again his stubbornness prevailed and instead of expressing his regret he stayed silent as they started to the first moisture fields. They were to inspect all the equipment and then hopefully deal with Jamma the Hutt.

They had not made their way but a couple of miles until they found themselves under attack by the very group of Hutts they hoped to deal peacefully with, Jamma and his soldiers.

Qui-Gon only had seconds to warn his apprentice to draw his saber.
    Four light sabers just activated sent sizzling sounds through the desert air and a perverbial light show as one by one they sliced maddeningily at their opponets. The battle begun. The Hutts had primitive weapons but they were used with stealth and awe.

An iron-tipped poison-treated arrow sizzled just past Obi-Wan?s head. There was no way the boy could adjust to something they came from no where. Had the enemy been closer and using a saber or sword Obi-Wan could have felt itand thus dealth with the attack esier, or so he thought.

Jinn warningly shouted to Obi-Wan to follow his voice and move closer to him. Obi felt betrayed and humiliated. To be judged unable to engage in a battle when his master obviously needed him, humiliated the boy. He violently and recklessly struck out with his saber, at nothing, at a sound, at a movement beside him. That movement was Master Yoda.

Obi-Wan?s saber struck the little diminutive master in his arm, A flesh wound maybe, but still a possible deadly mistake if the apprentice should do it again.

Yoda with his intense force abilities, used his powers to literally pull the glowing blue saber from Obi-Wan?s grip. Not that he thought Obi-Wan did it intentionally. Far from it. He knew the boy fought with anger a vengefulness from being second guessed as to his abilities.

He did it for Obi?s own good and the well being of Qui-Gon and Xanatos. He did nothing out of malice toward the child. However he could not take the chance of one of the other two Jedi's being injured by Obi-Wan.

Padawan Xanatos reaction to what had happened to his master was to move closer to Yoda. He wanted to be there to protect him if need be. Yoda took the injury well. However Obi-Wan was devastated at what he had done. He realized he had been disarmed by Master Yoda because he caused an injury to him. He could feel it through the force, through the connection by proxy he had with his grand master through the intense connection his master had with Yoda.. Obi-Wan at that moment could have cared less if he had been struck down by one of the Hutts.

Qui-Gon had easily downed two Hutts with a savage unrelenting onslaught with his saber and was battling two more at one time. He too rushed over, saw that Master Yoda was alright and battled more fiercely as he tried to keep the Hutts that attacked him, from going toward Obi-Wan, who could been seen easily as an unarmed victim to be readily attacked and slaughtered by one of the loathsome Hutts.

Jinn noticed out of the corner of his eye that Jamma and two th
  11. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh dear..this doesn't look good. Poor Obi-Wan and Yoda :(
  12. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Surrounded, no where to go unless they wanted to sacrifice Obi-Wan to make their escape, the other three Jedi surrendered their sabers. Xanatos knew they had too the save the boy and he truly did not want anything bad to happen to Obi-Wan. No, I want to honor to do any bodily harm to him, why should the Hutts have all the fun.

Obi-Wan was guided by the man who had captured him, the others followed the Hutts and were put on a ship for a small trip to where the Jedi did not know for they were rendered just as blind as Obi-Wan. The blind folds were temporary and during that time Qui-Gon contemplated how miserable and confusing it was to be blind when sight had been an assumed gift.

I imagine Obi-Wan felt this despairingly about his blindness or worse for he is still not sure if his is permanent or not. We at least know ours will be given back. It is just a matter of removing the blindfolds. Yes my padawan has suffered more than even I could have imagined.

Even when they reached their destination the blind folds remained. Eventually through listening to the three Jedi talk, Obi-Wan realized they were blind as well and for that at least the moment he was thankful. He didn?t want the accusatory glares he would get from Master Jinn and Xanatos for injuring Yoda. The thought its self made him relive every little tortuous detail of his error of injuring Master Yoda. It made him regret he had engaged in a battle backed with anger urging him onward.

If only I could turn back time. I would never have fought in such a manner as I did. I knew better. It was my pathetic pride that got the best of me. I so wanted Xanatos to be wrong about me. I wanted to prove I could protect my master and in my haste I injured his master. Oh, the looks I will receive when their blindfolds come off.

Without knowing it Obi-Wan was doing it again, thinking only of himself. He would have to relearn to think and work as a team blind or not to become a competent Jedi knight. But by now Obi-Wan thought the best thing to do was to step down from his apprenticeship. That is if Master doesn?t do it for me.

Horrific terror overcame the young Jedi when he heard the sounds of Hutts entering their cell. Yoda lay in a healing trance. Light however still necessary because of the deepness of the wound Obi-Wan mistakenly inflicted. Two Hutts entered the cell which was a feat unto its own because of their grandiose size and the cell's very small one.

With the bustling and shuffling noise, Obi-Wan could not tell which Jedi was taken, evidently for some kind of interrogation but soon realized it had been his master.

He may well be tortured and it is my fault. The other Jedi that remained in the cell, had their blind folds removed. However without knowing that, Obi could still feel the penetrating glare of Xani?s eyes accusing him of his master?s situation.

?Well Kenobi, are you satisfied Qui-Gon has been taken to Jamma. No telling what means of torture will used on him. The Hutts or notoriously barbaric in their means for finding out what they want to know.?

Obi-Wan slinked further in the corner, turned his head, and waited?Waited for what felt like hours, although it was only about an hour before they brought his master back.

Obi was well aware of Master Jinn?s shields being snugly in place. He attempted to access Qui-Gon?s mind to bleed some of the pain from him if they tortured him. It had been useless. Master Jinn was shielding him; both from his mind and from the pain inflicted on him. The loud gasp from Xanatos and the quick rising of Yoda left no doubt his master was in some kind of *bad way*.

?Padawan Xanatos place him on the cot you will. Out of healing trance I am . Fine I also am, so ask you not. Master Jinn I worry for now. Severe injuries I sense he received. Kenobi sit there you will not. Go to sink and wet a cool cloth. Remove the blood from former padawan?s back I will. Up to you it will be to help in healing trance for your master. Unable to do it himself. Unable I am a
  13. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    YODA!!! ?[face_plain] :mad: ,I'm shocked! :eek:
  14. Lazy-Bones Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Xanatos not the time for you to cast blame on him. Blame he easily should carry. For blame him I do for the events of today" :mad: Can that silly troll spell "contradiction", I wonder? *growls*
  15. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    For blame him I do for the events of today.

[face_shocked] EVEN YODA? Wow, this does not look good for Obi-Wan :( Don't worry Obi-Wan, you can help Qui-Gon!
  16. KSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not at all surprised that Yoda is being an idiot. This mission was HIS IDEA in the first place!! Yoda is a Sith Troll in disguise [face_devil]
  17. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Master Yoda took it upon himself to see to it that his former apprentice?s slashed back was cleaned and bacta put on it to avoid infection. Small strips of skin literally flayed in the air. It would have to be cut way with a similar of scissors. His back cut to ribbons, it is, Master Yoda thought. He cold not alleviate the pain. That would be up to Qui-Gon with the help of his padawan until he was strong enough to initiate his own healing trance.

Blindness had nothing to do with Obi-Wan?s reluctance to support his master with his healing abilities. He had never had to use them. He knew in principle what he should do, but he personally had never done it. He had only been an apprentice for not quite a year and his former master, Master Windu never pressed him to use it.

Even when he was injured he was taken to a health ward,. Master Jinn did not permit me to assist in his healing then. I don?t think he had much trust in me to sustain healing bond for his dearest friend and if he were conscious he probably would have no confidence in me to do now.

?Ready you are young padawan??

Obi?s attention was quickly drawn back by his grand master, Yoda.

He was unsure how he even managed to get any words from his mouth which seemed frozen just as his entire body felt like it was in some kind of limbo, a dream certainly not reality.

?I am not sure I can do this.?

?Do it you will or your master suffer greatly he will. Want that on your shoulders you do? Heavy load it will be. Heal him you can. Heal you must. On to plotting an escape once Qui-Gon tended too and healed. Now begin you will young Kenobi.?

Yoda shot a daring look to his own apprentice Xanatos. He knew the young man had no trust in Obi-Wan?s abilities. Yoda felt differently. A lot of what he said he knew was cruel but necessary. He wanted Obi possessed with just a touch of human emotion, anger.

He wanted Obi-Wan to react to that anger over what he said; his harsh words that blamed Obi-Wan for the situation. He hoped the reaction he got from Obi-Wan would be helpful to him to see that he was more than capable to do what he asked.

Child must see that capable he is of things he has never done yet. Mistake he made on battle field. But what Jedi had has not made mistakes. Growth to perfection our mistakes leads us, *all*.

Obi-Wan knelt down beside the cot where he knew his master to be. Silence came from that cot as welas a stillness along their bond. Jinn?s unconsciousness prevented him from opening his side of the bond. It was not closed just there waiting for his apprentice to enter at will; to help the master induce a healing trance along their shared bond.

Master don?t let my presence alarm you. I am here to help in a healing trance.All you need do is rest and trust me. Please do that master. I am no expert at this. I mean I haven?t even done it, but I know I can, for I must. I want overmuch for you to heal more quickly.

Obi-Wan didn?t say all he wanted to say. He wanted to begin the trance as soon as possible. Had he had the time he would have told his master he understood all this was his fault. Even Master Yoda said it was, so it must have been. He would have asked his master for his forgiveness for putting him in such peril and caused him to suffer all that he did. However it was not the time to do it but Obi-Wan made a silent vow to himself that he would once he helped his master if he could.

Obi-Wan let his fingers of his right hand, gently glaced his master?s forehead. Once inside his mind and reconnected mentally through their shared bond, Obi could feel the immense pain his master was in. What came next in his bid to induce a healing trance came easily for the apprentice.

In his anxious haste to relieve the agony his master was in, he did what came naturally through the force, what he had been trained by Master Mace to do. There was one problem, he severly undergaged his healing powers.

Obi-Wan plunged forward and without thought for himself, took all the pain from his
  18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    And no one is reading my 2 new storys, do my storys suck that much, do i suck that much!???!!!!!!!!!!!! (runs away and crys) :_|
  20. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Where has everyone Gone!!???

PEACE ewen
  21. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    i just copied book one on to a word prosesser... gads 27 pages in size 6.5 font with 4 colums, .05 space between and as small a margin as possible on the outside!!
    now to read it!
  22. Lazy-Bones Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice work Yoda, this is all your fault, you Sith troll (to quote KSkywalker) :mad:
  23. jedibear30 Jedi Master

star 1
    gasp.... NOOOOOOO!!!!!. great, the cliffhanger queen is back. man, i need some more superglue. anybody have some industrial strength superglue handy? more soon, please?
  24. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Obi! I am sure glad Yoda was able to, somewhat justify his making Obi believe he was to blame. I guess I can even understand where he was coming from. I am very anxious to see how Obi recovers from his latest injuries!
  25. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    BOOK 1 http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10707017&page=10

Book2

Qui-Gon still in a weakened condition, quickly sat half way up when he saw Obi-Wan fall to the floor. He must have been in too big of hurry. Dizziness overtook him with his sudden abrupt movement. However he shook it off just as speedily to heed Master Yoda?s words.

?Coddle the boy you will not Qui-Gon. Well he will be when force strength returns it does. Much need I have for you now. Sense I do guards coming . Be ready when I say. Follow my lead you will and have you out of here soon.?

Qui-Gon looked at Xanatos to see a quirky little smile. Admit it or not he liked his little troll of a master and right now he seemed at his humorous. Of course at the time and did not know *all* the power Yoda had behind those twitching little ears. Oh he knew his master?s devious little mind could work overtime but the power of the force within would soon be shown to his new apprentice. Xani would have added respect for his master when this day was over.

The Hutt who had captured Obi-Wan came in ahead of two less mentionables, trailing behind him.. They were the foot soldiers for Jamma and nothing more. Each carried a tray of nourishment. That was about all Qui-Gon could say about it. He could not in good conscience label it food. At least not from the gory look of the half cooked ragged leg of some kind of animal with bloody juices still draining from it.

They certainly believe in leaving their meat rare. Must be a Hutt?s taste for meat??UCK!!

?Here?s your food Jedi. Don?t complain or I will not be as generous with it next time it is feeding time for you four animals. Master Jinn, healed so quickly? I have heard of your healing trances. Must be truth to them hey? Oh well, I have a question for you. I have your sabers here and I want to know if one is better than the other. I don?t fancy myself carrying this little one, however I would want the most powerful one. Does it go by rank? I suppose not, for I have heard Master Yoda is highest in rank among you. Of course Jamma explained that you are second Master Jinn. Which one of these devilish little weapons belong to you? The blue one, the flamboyant gold one, or maybe this impressive looking green saber. Advise me Master Jinn, before I ram this saber through your master. I don?t need it on to plunge it through his gut.?

He lifted up Master Yoda?s saber and displayed it for his soldiers to see. It drew a fit of laughter before a dark look shot to them from their captain to cease.

Yoda angrily stepped forward. He did not take kindly to someone belittling his Jedi saber.

?Size matters not. Know that by now you should. If not, know that by the day?s end you will. Maybe smaller it is but more powerful it may be.?

The Hutt in charge and doing all the talking, jabbed the saber through the cell bars. The saber touched the tunic of Yoda but the Hutt did not know where the hidden button on the bottom of the hilt was so he was unable to activate it.

?That?s another thing, How do you turn these things on?

Yoda?s smaller saber still stayed within the confines of the cell bars.

Yoda went into another lecture to his captor.

?Turn on you say? Nothing is turned on. Sounds most ridiculous it does. *Activate* the saber you do, turn it on you do not. HUMPH??.. Button on it there is. Unwise you are to find it. Call you dumb I could, had I not concern for the welfare of my companions I do.?

There was clearly a threat buried in Master Yoda?s words but the Hutt was either too dumb or too sure of himself to take it as one. Later he would learn to listen more carefully to words spoken to him by a Jedi.

?Why you little green toad. I will come in there and pull those annoying twitching little ears of yours off your head. Did I say little? Now that word *little* I certainly used loosely in reference to those ears of yours. I think you better tell me Master Jinn, before I do what I promised earlier to your little friend here.?

Y
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.