Before "Darkest Hour, Brightest Hope BOOK 2*COMPLETED!! PADAWANS,PAST,PRESENT, & GRAND!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, what did you expect her to do??? I would have done the exact same thing... [face_love] This is turning out really nicely so far, ewen!! :D Very interesting. Good job!
  2. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    thanx for your feedback. Hope the readers that are not leaving feedback are still reading. ewen

###############

It had been easy for Obi-Wan to come up with a story of why a blind teenager was traveled across Coruscant alone. He had come here for treatment and surgery for his eyes. That is what he told the man who took the tickets from him to board the transport ship. The elderly man was nice enough to find a comfortable seat for Obi.

The little old ticket master saw the bandages on the boy?s eyes and reasoned he spoke the truth. Obi-Wan told him he was going back home. He felt a twinge of guilt for the lie he told to the nice older man, but it was necessary to keep the façade up.

No one suspected a blind young man to pull the wool over their eyes so very cleverly. Obi-Wan looked *theatrically* innocencent and his story was a believable one, especially with his eyes still swathed in bandages.

He continued his trek across Coruscant and kept only one thing in is mind; the nagging feeling that something had happened to his master. The feeling, so real it only made Obi forge forward with his quest to find Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan had to shake his head and give his friend credit as he thought of the clothing she provided. He admitted to himself Bant was thorough. Not only did she find a robe just right for hiding a saber, the floppy hat did the trick when it came to keeping his braid from being seen.

A long transport ride and spotty interrupted naps had tired the boy before his little mission even started. When the kindly ticket master shook him to wake him up, Obi had to think for a moment to remember what it was he was there for. Sleep had claimed all mental cognizances for a moment.

Once off the transport ship, it did not take him long to find what he was looking for, minus a couple of things, all human life forms from the ship,Missing also was his master and Xanatos.

Everyone in the small settlement was helpful to the blind *little boy* as they saw him. They didn?t know why the boy was so interested in an abandoned ship.

It was not suppose to be abandoned. I wonder where Master is? Maybe they decided to leave, contrary to their previous plans to stay a night or two.

One man in particular was very helpful to Obi-Wan but his desire to keep his anonymity caused Obi-Wan to agree to meet with him in an alley, stark bare of any one else around.

The unknown named man knew something was up with the ship as soon as he noticed the expensive quality of the ship, coupled with its ornate design. When he lingered to investigate, he watched, hidden behind bushes as the Jedi arrived only to be surrounded by the most notorious of thieves in that section of planet, the Aziero Ninjas; a band of thieves and cutthroats organized by a former apprentice to Darth Sidious. That was the rumor anyway. The man, Gidarow was permitted to live even though he disappointed the dark lord himself. Some thought it odd but excepted it. All this was conveyed to Obi-Wan as he listened with interest mixed with sheer terror for his master.

?So the Jedi are dealing with someone else capable of possessing the force??

?That is what I assume. I mean if he was the apprentice to Sidious at one time, then surely he was gifted with unusual powers, not matter how dark they were. I know if any merchant around is confronted by Gidarow and his men, they relinquish willingly whatever is wanted from them and still suffer the chance of being killed anyway.?

?Is that why you had me meet you here in this alley, your fear for your own safety??

?Well I certainly wouldn?t want it told that I blabbed to you about Gidarow and his assassins. However I thought the reward for my information would be worthy of the chance I take.?

Oh? He wants me to pay him. While I do have some credits I had hoped to eat something today. Oh well, never mind. My, master has to come before my stomach although he should appreciate my sacrifice of food for him.

Obi handed the man all he had in his pockets. The informant wa
  3. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Good job Obi! Great post ewen!!!!!
  4. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  5. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
  6. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha! That was great!

can't wait for the next post!
  7. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan managed to follow the direction of where he needed to go, but he was not sure he would know when he got there. He had estimated that he had gone almost the entire two miles required to reach the abandoned hangar and landing port, but how was he to know whether he was seen or not. How could he possibly guess where the door was. So many obstacles that seemed so easily dealt with when he thought through them now seemed incredibly impossible as he actually was faced with them.

He supposed it was because he did not trust the *vision* given him by the force and he really expected to find his master and the others at the ship when he arrived. A part of him believed that but another part was convinced that the vision had told him of trouble and now he had the proof, Master Jinn was indeed in trouble but Obi-Wan overestimated his capabilities when it came to rescuing to his master.

He tried one more time to connect with his master ?nothing happened. Then he reached to the force. Not like Qui-Gon would have in a silent reflection and meditation, Obi-Wan sat down under a shade tree and decided to have a long talk with the force. If he was to succeed he needed to reach his master through their bond but Master Jinn had closed him off so as not to alarm the child that he was in some of dire straits.

Padawan Kenobi was glad there was no one around to see what they would assume him talking to himself. It wasn?t true though. He sat there a good hour and reflected over his time as apprentice. The time spent with Master Mace , the disagreements he had with Master Jinn, and the overwhelming swell of jealousy that could just suddenly grip him when he saw how perfectly his master and Xanatos seem to *fit* together. It was hard for Obi-Wan to think through all his failures to see and he asked the force to help him sidestep all his mistakes and do this one thing for his master.

Obi-Wan did not realize it but this time when he asked the force for help it was not out of some prideful reason as to try to outdo Xanatos or prove himself more worthy than Xani to be Master Jinn?s apprentice. No this time it was for his undeniable loyalty to his master and the immense desire to do everything in his power to help everyone who had been captured.

This time Obi-Wan Kenobi had asked for the force?s help for all the right reasons, all the glorious unselfish reasons that one does something for the good of another. Whether the force interceded that day under the Matobee tree or not, Obi-Wan would never be sure, but the next time he tried to reach to the force and make a mental connection with his master through their bond it worked. Even to Jinn?s astonishment for he had his shields tightly in place, Obi made the connection with his master .

Obi how did you do that and from all the way on the other side of the planet, you tapped into every shield I have..

I am not sure how I did it, but I think I should confess to something.

What Obi-Wan?

I am not on the other side of the planet, I am about five minutes away from where you are and I need to know what to do to help you escape.

At first Jinn could not believe what he heard from his apprentice?s mouth, though he had no doubt Obi spoke the truth. Obi was there very near where his master and the others were being held captive?

I don?t know how you got here, but you must stay where you are. You can?t possibly barge in here and help us..You will get yourself killed.

Silence, eerie silence through their bond convinced Qui-Gon at first that he had lost the connection with the child. After a few more minutes he felt Obi enter his mind and it calmed the master, much as he hated to admit it.

Why can?t I help master, because I am blind? Would you permit me to help you if I were sighted?

Well yes?. no? Oh Obi-Wan let us not argue of your capabilities as a blind padawan. I think you should go back and notify Master Yoda of our situation. He can send other Jedi.

Look at it this way master, I am the *oth
  8. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH no obi is going a good thing!! back off qui and if you can't do then then SUFFER THE WRATH OF AN UPSET READER!!! *wonders if she sounded pissy enough??*
  9. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    and you're just going to leave us there?
  10. Lazy-Bones Jedi Knight

star 1
    AAAHHH and now I won't be able to read the next post until the weekend, because I'm going away for a couple of days. Darn!! Well, happy Walpurgis-night everyone, just watch out for witches. ;)
  11. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan cut his master off before he could tell him not to come again. He truly had no wish to disobey Master Jinn but he also had every intention of trying to rescue him and the others.

He was not all that stupid after all. There was one card he held that had not been played. As soon as he built up the courage needed he would do what had suddenly come to mind.

He lingered under the shade of the tree and meditated to the force once again. This time it was truly meditation just like his master?s more conventional way . If his newly laid plan did not work, he would still go but the mission might be a failed one before it even started.

Finished with his meditation, Obi-Wan took in a long breath and began his chore. It was simple. All he had to do was unroll the bandages and hope his eyesight had returned. It was only another day or two before the healers were to remove them anyway... What could it hurt? No matter?... his decision made. All he felt he had to do was to be careful and not allow too much direct sun light in his eyes to quickly. It was a very warm day, and he knew he would have to put his hood up to block the sun?s rays once he removed all the bandages.

With very painstakingly slow motion Obi-Wan unraveled the turban-like bandage down to where two more wrap-arounds and he could remove te safety patches that rested under the gauze.

Obi-Wan hesitated a moment. This was not something he wanted to go through alone. If his eyesight had not returned he would have very much liked his master by his side. He could be brave, but it was so much easier to be brave if he felt the common ripples of his master?s comforting touch through their bond. He didn?t have that, all he had was the utmost trust in the force that no matter the outcome he could handle it.

His continued blindness would hold a certain meaning for others as well. It would mean the possibility of a failed mission he was about to go on if that eyesight was not restored.

The last two twirls of the bandage and very slowly Obi-Wan removed the soft cotton patches on each eye. He hesitated to brave opening them to see if the surgery had restored his eyesight.

One eye peaked just a little, no more than a slit.

Was he seeing light? Was it his imagination? The other eye opened very slowly. His hood was up and he kept his eyes focused ?well very unfocused to the ground in front of him which was shaded nicely by the tree he sat under.

Now along with the light there was a hazy vision before him. It wasn?t that he could clearly make out the green lush grass. He could see colors of green, although everything seemed fuzzy and out of focus. Had he not known he was seeing the green grass that he sat on, he might not have been able to recognize it as grass.

Obi-Wan was overwhelmed at the first glimpse of the world through his eyes again, no matter how distorted it seemed. He closed his eyes and silently gave thanks for what sight he had. He gently let the breeze wash a crossed his face and felt the wind touch his closed eyes lids. The feeling was sensational. He had raised his face to the sun and wind to better feel it on his face but when he decided to open his eyes again he was careful to keep them protected from the sun.

"I CAN SEE!!" Even though the healers hoped they could restore his sight, Obi never truly quite believed he could be so lucky. Now it was real. His sight had improved just in a few minutes of allowing his eyes to focus. The pressure on his eyes from the bandages alone could have caused his vision to be blurred. He realized that now. Fear of no eyesight had not allowed him to think clearly about why he eyes might be very blurred.

Obi-Wan was very careful to guard his newly-gained eyesight from the harshness of the bright sunlight. He got up and headed for his destination; to his master and the rescue of him. He plotted along the wway.

His eyesight made his attack less complicated but he knew he must be careful if he was to be successful. His plans made earlier, would change now. He ment
  12. VadeyFan2002 Force Ghost

star 4
    Playing, being helpless and therefore bring the enemy to underestimate you, is always a good plan.

Vadey
  13. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, I think playing helpless is a good plan. I can't wait to see their suprise!

Go Obi-Wan!
  14. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    YEAH there is a plan and obi can see again!!! WEEEE HAAAAA
  15. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    hurray- the surgery worked!
  16. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Bond. http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10707017&page=10
    Book2

While listening to their captives Qui-Gon learned enough to make the connection of the assassins attack on the king and Bail to Gidarow and his Aziero Ninja group. He had not heard the reasoning behind it, but if he had to guess, which is something Jedi do not care to do, he would say it was for a high ransom sum; clearly the amount of credits needed to seek life on another planet was a hot topic of conversation. Gidarow, along with another Ninja sat a small table to form a ransom note. Small arguments would occasionally erupt between the two as to how much should be demanded for the king and prince?s safe return.

It was already decided that the king and young prince would be released as promised in the demand note, if they received what they wanted. The Jedi however would be sacrificed because the Ninja group knew of the Jedi abilities to track someone down and they didn?t want to be that *someone*.

With only one small lantern lit to provide light for the two involved as they pieced together a ransom note, everyone noticed the streaked sunlight that seeped through the opened door when the guard walked Obi-Wan in.

Qui-Gon quickly signaled Xani to silence.

?What do you have there, little boy lost??

Everyone of the Ninja group laughed.

The guard smiled wide enough to show the gaping spots where teeth had evidently been knocked out.

?Yes,Yes I have a *blind* little boy lost. Seems he tried to get home with no way to see!!!. It also seems he knows this old hangar here is government owned. The boy had the nerve to question why I was here. I thought I should bring him to you.?

A darkness descended on the leaders face.

?Why? Now we have another body to get rid of along with the Jedi. Of course if our demands are not met the king and prince will have to be disposed of as well.?

The guard knew his superior was not all too pleased with him.

?Well I couldn?t really let him *grope* his way back to the city and report to someone that we are out here trespassing on a precious government sight now could I??

The harsh look on Gidarow?s face lessened when he realized no matter how stupid this one was he had a point, a very good point. He would not let his guard off that easy with a pat on the back and a job well done. He liked to keep his men submissive and think they needed him to think for them.

Qui-Gon battled the urge to keep his stare directed at his padawan. He knew with the force abilities of the leader?s group they could feel his concern for Obi-Wan if he emitted too much through the force. He tried desperately to distance himself from the young man entirely. It was the only thing right now he could do to be of any help to Obi-Wan.

?Shouldn?t have come snooping in our business boy. Too bad you did. I might even feel a bit of sympathy for a *handicap* when I have to lump you with the Jedi and do away with ya. Bet it will put a crimp in my day. Well at least a good five minutes of it when I have to watch you suffer your demise along with them Jedi over there. Put him with the others. We will deal with him when we do away with the Jedi.?

?Want me to tie him up as well??

?What do you think, imbecile?. Of course tie him up. I don?t want him to cause any trouble when we make contact with our contact to offer up the king and prince for the sufficient amount of credits.?

Girdow smiled evilly. The misguided surety of himself helped prod his men to think he was in control and knew exactly what he was doing. In actuality, he was not even sure he had the right group of people to make contact with for his demands. While blessed with some kind of unnatural force, not given to those of the Jedi or the dark side, the man lacked the mental capabilities to use that force for anything constructive. He, unlike Sidious did not even know how to unleash his power and use it correctly for his own evil purposes.

Some people might think Jedi are never afraid. It is a myth. Both apprentice and master were afraid?. Ma
  17. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    WEEEE HAAAAA go qui.... i think... i'm a bit worried about the masive amount of dark side used by qui-gon... obi... you get a gold star for the day!!
  18. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa...simmer down Jinn.

Obi-Wan rocks!
  19. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Master you can?t just kill him. You will be no better than he is.?

Obi?s voice was two octaves higher than normal. Qui-Gon questioned whether he had started going through puberty or if he just was so terrified his master planned to act upon his threat of death to the man his saber was advantageously leveled at.. He backed off his attacker and turned to smile at his apprentice.

?I had no real plans to kill him Padawan, just taunt him to *near* death. Now there, nothing wrong with that is there??

The entire face of his apprentice was overtaken with a bashful smile. How could I think Master actually intended to kill him?

Xanatos popped up right beside them.

?Hey ?Sprout?, see you have your two good eyes back. Ain?t that something??

The relief of being freed and the added adrenaline that pumped through his veins from the invigorating and successful battle had caused the older padawan to forget for a moment Obi was suppose to be his rival for Qui-Gon?s attention and respect.

?Didn?t your master ever tell you not to use the word ?ain?t? Xani??

Xanatos and Qui-Gon both felt an air of calm around Obi. Something neither had felt in quite away. It was as if his feeling of serenity was contagious and it made Xani remember when he did everything in his power to make this young man, Jinn?s apprentice. Now he held so much animosity for him?No, *animosity* was the wrong word to use.

It is just all-out jealousy and not animosity I feel for Obi-Wan. It has to stop or I will destroy what is left of our friendship if there is any of it left anyway. I will seek council with my own master about it when we return to the temple. I truly do want to stay in the order and make my new master, Yoda, proud of me. In turn, I think I will make Master Jinn just as proud because he was my first master and shares in my failure or my success.

?Sure he did ?Sprout?. I didn?t listen. I suppose that is why it has taken me so long to become a knight. I didn?t listen to a lot of things my first wise master tried to teach. Now though, I plan to listen to Master Yoda. If I don?t he will probably use his gimer stick on me.?

Qui-Gon passed his former apprentice a smile and a nod of understanding. He knew of what Xani spoke, and was silently grateful for his admittance of past failures. That would only speed the correction of it.

?I wished I had known all it took was to carry a big stick and it would have kept you in line. I would have borrowed one of Yoda?s.?

?He?s got more than one!?

?Yes, ask him one day to show them to you Xani. I?m sure he will more than glad to do so. I might even go borrow one for my own apprentice. ?

Obi smiled at that remark but he wasn?t sure whether he should or not. His master might mean what he said after he found out how Obi-Wan managed to get here and the few lies he told along the way. I might find myself being chased down the temple halls by my own irate master with Yoda?s gimer stick in hand.

?Come on Xani don?t give him any ideas. I am sure I?m in enough trouble. You don?t need to give him any primitive and barbaric way of correction for my disobedience. I listen, you don?t.?

?Oh yea? then how did you wind up here, kiddo??

?Master, that is a long story and maybe we should get on the transport before I start. I know Master Yoda might be a little peeved. I thought the return of eyesight might soften my punishment from you.?

Jinn put his arm around Obi?s shoulders.

?Well I have to admit, I am pleased with the return of your eyesight and that might soften my disciplinary actions against you. Needless to say, I don?t think it will do a great deal to sway Master Yoda?s decision of what to do with you. He is not such a ?push-over? as I am and you *were* in his care.?

####################

King Organa and Prince Bail found the only two beds available on the transport ship and fell sound to sleep. The Jedi sat in the front with Jinn piloting and Xani rolling on the floor holding his sides. His laughter so loud, Master Jinn had
  20. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    wonderful!! IT WAS GREAT!!! loved it!! just don't stop writting!!
  21. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    awaiting part III Return of the Gimmer Stick 8-}
  22. Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Knight

star 2
    ?Yes, ask him one day to show them to you Xani. I?m sure he will more than glad to do so. I might even go borrow one for my own apprentice. ?

Obi smiled at that remark but he wasn?t sure whether he should or not. His master might mean what he said after he found out how Obi-Wan managed to get here and the few lies he told along the way. I might find myself being chased down the temple halls by my own irate master with Yoda?s gimer stick in hand.

LOL!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Excellent job, as usual. :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.