main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Darkest Hour, Brightest Hope"JA1**3/29*END OF BOOK 1 !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    just a question. any good gonna come out of this story. i know, i know, you love angst. plenty of that here. any good news in the future perhaps

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Ever here the quote,No news is good news?

That sums up this story really well.

PEACE ewen

3. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    That Qui-Gon. What a goober!

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Qui-Gon you are a complete jack ass! You my friend have crossed the line. I think you are far darker than Xanatos could ever be. I hope the Jedi file charges against you and throw your sorry butt out of the order!!!! Obi you deserve so much better!!

Love that Xani has a heart here.

Thanks for the regular posts, you're the best ewen!!!!

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jedibear thanx for uppping my stories and your concern.

Jedi Suzuran Talk about Master Jinn being a buckethead, just read Aunecah stories.He's a saint in mine.

KellyK. Glad to see you back.

obikajanee thanx for the reply. I need help keeping people reading this story and it's my favorite.

P.Kitara I suspect life is weighing heavy on you right now. You normally are faithful posting.

Aunecah I can see whay youonly stop by oaccassionally. You post more on your story sometimes, than I do mine.

NyghtFrye Thanx for reading and posting. Please keep it up.

###############

Beads of perspiration formed on Obi-Wan?s forehead as he tried to continue his preparation of last meal and listened to the hurtful words of Master Jinn. He had no doubt now of his fate.

I take that back. I may not even have a fate. I may be thrown out of the Agricorps. I bet Chun will get a laugh out of that. I have never heard of past history of an apprentice being thrown out of his apprenticeship only to be denied a place at the Agricorps too.

The aspect of it was more than a little scary. While Obi-Wan did possess a great many Jedi powers, he was not even sure he would walk a way from the temple with them if the council members wouldn?t even allow him to go be a farmer. The Council could remove a child from their parents then send them into a harsh lonely existence if they failed. That too Obi-Wan didn?t seem right for the Jedi to be allowed to do.

Obi-Wan didn?t know that if he wasn?t sent to the Agricorps, he would not be out in the streets but would go home to his parents. The only problem with that would be Obi-Wan Kenobi had no living relatives.

Qui-Gon walked to his bedroom and shut the door. The night and the entire day had completely drained the master of his energy; force energy and his own. He used a lot of his force abilities to aid in the healing of his friend. That was the only reason for his quick recovery.

The apprentice ate his last-meal in silence and totally alone. He already missed Master Mace. At least he occasionally had a few good words for him. That is until Master Jinn came on this mission with them and was able to sway Mace toward his line of thinking.

Obi-Wan glanced over at the closed door when he heard water running. Master Qui-Gon must have gotten up and was getting ready to come out and eat. Obi?s thoughts raced. He didn?t want to spend an entire evening with this man. What was he thinking? He was stranded on this planet with Master Jinn right by his side every step of the way, he would be spending every day and night with the Jedi master who held him in such low esteem.

The banishment to Bandomeer was beginning to sound like a vacation compared to what he would be subjected too with Qui-Gon acting his superior now.

Obi-Wan glanced back at the door just as the Jedi master opened it and tromped over to the table. Well Obi-Wan thought it seemed like he literally stomped over for he could tell right off that the master was not in a good mood.

Jinn sat down and waited for Obi to bring him his plate and a large hot cup of tea.

?We have wasted a day of negotiations. You know that don?t you??

?Yes master.?

The voice so soft it was barely heard. Jinn never looked up from his plate.

?Didn?t do much good to pound that meat, hoping to tenderize it. Tastes like leather or something similiar. I can?t even chew it. ?

Qui-Gon shoved his plate almost violently a crossed the table, leaving the food Obi-Wan prepared uneaten.

Maybe the words weren?t not meant to hurt the boy?s feelings, but hurt them Jinn did.

Obi-Wan couldn?t be blamed for the cut of meat the people of Telos supplied to the Jedi..

?Probably was Xanatos? idea to send this meat. Lucky we aren?t poisoned by it.?

Obi bit his lip to keep from saying anything. He didn?t need more trouble and he was sure that Xani wouldn?t hold it against him for not defending him right now. He was too close to the large hand of Master? Jinn?s to

6. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Qui-Gon you need mental help.... big time!!!!! Your cruelty is sickening!

ewen.... I want more more more and soon!!!!

7. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    The light just isn't reaching Qui's dark brain, is it? [face_plain]

He's being just a little too cruel for my tastes. :( I hope this changes soon.

Still a great post, ewen

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Thank you for thinking of me ewen My boss was very kind in reducing my hours to 32 pr week so I can go to my various Dr and physical therapy appointments. So why have I already put in 30 hours in 3 days?

Qui-Gon gets me so angry in this story. He acts like an insensitive lout, then he has a flash of insight, then goes back to being an idiot again!

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    P.Kitara-Leave it to you!! That is *exactly* the way I want Qui-Gon to be. He is torn between taking up his rightful duty as a master to Obi-Wan or letting him go to the Agricorps because Jinn thinks he sees Xani in him.

That is why he is overly cruel. He is trying to convince himself more than he is Obi-Wan that he doesn't want the padawan.

PEACE ewen

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon silently slipped back into the cottage and sat by the fireplace. No matter how tired he was, he waited to find out just how long the two stayed out there.

Obi-Wan came back in about a half hour later hoping to see Master Jinn already in bed. No such luck for the apprentice. Master Jinn remained in the common room only *slightly* staring Obi-Wan down like a trapped animal.

Obi-Wan wouldn?t attempt to touch their mental bond although he would have liked too. He would have liked to know why Master Jinn seemed preoccupied, maybe even angry. Obi couldn?t think of what he had done wrong now.

Well if he saw Xani with me?!?!?

That thought was dissolved as quickly as it came to the young man. Master Jinn would have interrupted them to make some grand scene had he known Xanatos was out there talking with Mace?s padawan..

That was about all that happened; Xanatos talked, Obi-Wan listened. He feared in some way he would give something away that he shouldn?t. He sure didn?t want Xanatos to know all the nasty little details of his pending banishment and worse, the possibility of his court-martial before the council. No he preferred to keep *some* of the misery in his life to himself. Xanatos could do nothing and he might cause more friction between master and apprentice.

?Did you enjoy your time spent outside amongst the stars??

?Yes master.?

Obi-Wan instantly got the feeling that Master Jinn was fishing for something.But what?

Does he know about Xani being out there with me and is trying to get me to hang myself, lie about it then he would have more ammunition against me to go before the council.

Obi-Wan didn?t need Jinn glaring looks to feel like that trapped animal, he felt more and more like one as Qui-Gon tapped his fingers impatiently on the arm of the large chair by the fireplace. Master Mace?s favorite place to sleep Obi-Wan thought. Now the boy truly wished his master was here in that very chair and not the condescending, know-it-all, and perfect Jedi, Master Jinn.

?What would you have me say Master Jinn? I always enjoy watching the stars at night.?

?Doesn?t matter what I think you should say. The truth is always best. I suppose the stars were much more intriguing for you *tonight*. Was there something different than other nights? You certainly stayed out longer.?

Now Obi-Wan did suspect the master there before him knew of his visit from Xanatos.

The grouch of a master has been out there spying on me. WOW, he is a deceptive old *coot*.

?I don?t know how much *truth* you can glean by my enthusiasm of stargazing other than it is what I enjoy doing. And to answer your question, there was nothing more or less outstanding about the constellations tonight than any other. I just chose to linger a bit longer and think.?

Obi-Wan knew he said too much. His friend Garen used to tell him he offered too much information when they got into trouble with the crèche master. By the time Obi-Wan finished his tale of why it really wasn?t he and Garen who were in the wrong, he had found himself spitting out the truth. He always managed to get Garen in the same trouble he was in because like the five-year-old Garen use to say; ?You never know when to shut up, do ya ?Nobi??

It was Qui-Gon who felt the need to bite his lip now. It took every bit of his self- control not to let it slip that he knew or suspected why Obi-Wan took so long tonight. He was with Jinn?s former apprentice.

Qui-Gon rubbed his hand a crossed his mouth to hide the smirk that formed as he thought of how eventually he would have the boy in a snare of sorts. Obi-Wan would put himself in the trap.. Qui-Gon would just sit back and patiently wait?

Obi-Wan stood before Jinn and mantled the most subservient look he could come up with. He would not allow himself to say more; to get himself in even more trouble if Master should ask him if Xanatos was there with him. Obi-Wan knew deep down he would have to tell Master Jinn the truth if he actually asked. His only chanc

11. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    STILL HERE EWEN. JUST IMPATIENTLY WAITING FOR MORE POSTINGS. YOU KNOW ME.JUST CAN'T
    GET ENOUGH OF YOUR STORIES. ALWAYS WANT
    MORE. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. LOOKING
    FORWARD TO THE NEXT POST. LATER, MY
    FRIEND

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I want to post a little post this evening if I get a couple of lurkers to delurk!!

PEACE ewen

13. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Please post.... please please please please!

At least Qui-Gon realized what a jerk he is toward Obi, at least in his more lucid moments. Unfortunatly these moments seem to come very few and far between (and don't I just love it!)

I hope ultimatly we end up with a happy ending here, how ever our Mistress of the Pen... er Keyboard see's that happy ending!

14. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Just discovered this...you seem to enjoy the Qui-Gon-is-a-irresolute-jerk kind of thing, don't you? :D

15. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I'm reading and enjoying, ewen. Please do post soon.

I'm not liking whatever Qui's got planned.

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was a priceless moment for Jinn. It felt like he had mastered a coup of sorts, although really it was nothing. He would have thought it nothing if Jinn hadn?t seen Xanatos?face with his reaction to it.

Before Qui-Gon had time to address the young dark-haired man, he grabbed Jinn?s arm and whirled him around with one swift motion...

Qui-Gon had been deep in conversation with one of the senators who sided with the Jedi on their plan for a trade agreement and peace treaty.

?Xanatos have you gone mad? Get your hands off me.?

The senator who had been speaking with the Jedi walked way suspecting there could be blows between the two. The Jedi master, caught off guard, was not doing well at hiding his emotions.

?This was you idea Master Jinn and don?t say it wasn?t?

Qui-Gon openly smiled with the realization Xanatos had heard of their planned *field trip* for the day. The Senate committee along with Qui-Gon and Xanatos would make a surprise visit to the Crion mines. Qui-Gon wanted them to see the mass industry the Crion?s had built up. Some senators who had never seen the mines held a mental impression of a hole in the ground, mining out a few crystals here and there. They had no idea of the vast destruction the Crion mining company was doing the surrounding land.

The Crion family holdings had grown to mammoth proportions thanks largely to Xanatos? return home. Qui-Gon did have to give him credit where credit was due, he was a wizard in the world of business..

They dug and dug until the land on top of the mines collapsed. They bought more prime farm land and dug some more.

Qui-Gon wanted the senators to see with their own eyes what was going on. There was of course the suspicions and as of so far unfounded accusations of the Crions' mining and selling the bomb making titanium alloy. That in its self was a reason to be arrested for treason against the government of Telos. It would have to be proven and so far the Jedi had not been able to find an informer or the hands-on proof necessary.

?Xanatos, why would I deny something that has evidently brought you to the brink of the loss of your normally tranquil demeanor. That in its self was worth seeing.?

Obi-Wan sat off to the side on the same bench with his books in his lap just as the day before. He didn?t dare bring his head up to look at Master Jinn and Xanatos engage in their literal shouting match right in the halls of the senate chambers. He did however perk his ears up. He really didn?t need too though, for the voices of the two angry men carried into the meeting hall and a small audience gathered at the door, shyly but yet nosily taking in the argument.

Obi-Wan himself was a little curious as to what brought this shouting match on. He quickly learned of Jinn?s plans and he himself could feel the betrayal Xanatos must be feeling. Obi wasn?t sure why Qui-Gon always insisted Xanatos be on the rival side.

Looks like it would be better for us to get him to work with us instead of making the former apprentice angry all the time. Master Jinn has that knack with padawans, former or present.

Qui-Gon had Obi bring his books knowing the boy wouldn?t need them.

He was afraid I would tip Xani off if I knew I didn?t have to study today. He definitely doesn?t trust me, AT ALL

Qui-Gon and Xanatos both seemed to feel the watching eyes on them at the same time. Xanatos backed off and bowed respectively to the Jedi master..

?Very Well Master. Have it your way this time. You will find no improprieties at my mines. It will be the same as when you went of you little uninvited excursion the other night; The one that got your best friend hurt. In the wrong place at the wrong time will always cause some kind of trouble now won?t it??

Xani meant it as some kind of threat and Qui-Gon took it as one. Xanatos turned glanced at Obi who did peek a look and then walked outside to go to his mines.

Xani contacted his father over a portable comm while he headed to the mines to make very sure everything?s in order.

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It's just me the author, shamefully upping my own story..

Are there any of my readers out there or maybe you've been picked up by Hutts and taken to Coruscant.

Hey how should I know???

PEACE ewen

18. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Evil cliffie you left us with there ewen! Are you turning to the dark side???

Hope we get another double post day tomorrow! The suspense is killin' me!

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm still here. I agree- evil cliffitis has struck ewen somebody call a healer.

20. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    CALLED THE HEALERS EVERYONE. THEY SAY THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT. YOU ALL KNOW HOW SHE
    LIKES TO LEAVE US HANGING. ANYBODY NEED
    SOME SUPERGLUE? I HAVE A BUCKETFUL AGAIN.
    I TOO HOPE THAT WE HAVE A DOUBLE POST DAY
    TOMORROW. THE SUSPENSE IS GONNA KILL US
    ALL EWEN. THEN WHERE WILL YOU BE. YOU
    WILL HAVE KILLED ALL OF YOUR LOYAL
    READERS. LOL. GREAT JOB. LOOKING FORWARD TO
    READING MORE. HAVE A GREAT EVENING
    EVERYONE.

21. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Well, yes, I'm reading it & finding the story interesting. (Thx for continuing w/ it, btw. :)) Sorry for not commenting; it's just difficult to figure out what to say in response (i.e., "This is good!"), I guess it's reviewer's WB.

Um, too bad there's no way for Obi to wind up w/ Xan as his Master. QGJ seems majorly noir!

22. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    A bounty of posts today. Qui-Gon seems to be having moments of sanity here and there. But assuming he comes around at last, who would want to be the padawan of Master Nasty? I guess if it's your only hope, you grasp it, but yuck. Poor Obi-Wan. Fate's favorite target.

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Lurkalidth You made my day delurking.

Kelly K. I guess I am going to have to start including you in my "regulars"!!

Obikajanee Thanx for stopping back by.

My regulars Jedibear, Jedi Suzuran, P. kitara thank you for posting.Oh and P. Kitara thanx for the rose on the other story site.

Now I am such a good mood I hope to post twice today.

You don't have to say much, just up the story so I will know you are out there. The feedback keeps coming so will the double posts.-ewen

##############

It was Xanatos who started barking out orders first. He told his father to call for heavy equipment aid from the ambulance service. He then ran right behind Qui-Gon as the master went to the front of the mine to see if there was any path opened to the levels. Nothing. Boulders and rock and dirt sediments covered the entire entryway of the mines. The senators were stuck and the Jedi apprentice with them five levels down. The thought of how far down and how much covered the trapped ones, caused Jinn to let out a long painful groan like an injured animal.

?How did this happen??

He looked at Xanatos as if he would know. Xani thought maybe he was accusing him.

?I assure you, I don?t know. There could have been a pocket of methane gas down there trapped somewhere. Although we do a check for built up gases every morning before my men go down. There had been not notice of increased gas build up. I just don?t know. I wonder if anyone is left down there alive. The miners were sent home when I found out you were to come for a visit so as far as I know it is only the four senators and your?I mean the Jedi apprentice, Kenobi trapped.?

Jinn cringed with the thought. Obi-Wan was in his care and he had let harm come to him.. Although he didn?t want the young man as his apprentice he didn?t want him dead either. He felt responsible for the boy.

?I should have had him with me.?

Xanatos had been taking in the site of the devastation and hadn?t heard Jinn clearly.?

?What did you say master??

?Don?t call me that. I said I should have had Kenobi with me. He wouldn?t be trapped down there or maybe worse dead had I not shirked my responsibility for him.?

Qui-Gon?s words were loud, short, curt, and choppy mixed with just the right amount of venom in his vocal tone. He stopped when he realized he was shouting at his former apprentice before him.

?Come off it Qui-Gon, why would you think the mines would blow up? While I blame you for not taking him as your apprentice and shipping him to Agricorps, you can?t be held responsible for this. I wouldn?t even do that too ya.?

?Thanks Xani . That is exactly what I wanted to here; you not blaming me for the boy?s possible demise. I still should have seen to it he was not harmed.?

?Did you think the mines were going to blow up today. If you didn?t then you did nothing wrong.?

?I should have known if they were your mines there was not telling what would happen; how far you would do to keep me from finding out the truth.?

Xanatos was angry now.

?This is not the time to argue. We have to find a way to get to Obi-Wan and the others. However Master Jinn, I will be discussing what you just accused me of. I would never cause the death of innocent people let alone the death of a fellow apprentice and such a young one at that. No, this was not my fault no more than Obi-Wan?s predicament yours. We will talk about it later.?

Jinn let Xanatos? words go through his mind and he thought through the situation. By that time, heavy recovery equipment was brought in and even the miners who were off that day started gathering around the blocked entrance to the mines. They had heavy duty equipment that scooped the dirt and rocks away and one miner had already started on the front of the mines. It would take a long time maybe too long for the oxygen-starved people trapped down in the mines.

Qui-Gon went over and talked with the men who came with the heavy rescue equipment to discuss their plans. The captain of the group,

24. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
  25. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I've been working all day and I'm really tired, so I'm just stopping by to tell you I'm reading and enjoying! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.