main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Darkest Hour, Brightest Hope"JA1**3/29*END OF BOOK 1 !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Great post, ewen. Being a philologist, I just had to love the phrase "display of displeasure", very classic. :D

2. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Whoa! That's definetely a mouthful that Obi gave Qui. :eek:

And Xanatos is changing his mind about the Jedi? That is not good.

3. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I keep falling behind, :( will try to catch up and reply soon. :) 7

gotta stop listening to talk radio on my breaks at work, and read what I've put on my PDA.

4. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    [face_shocked] A ewen fic I almost missed! I'll try to catch up tonight or tomorrow!

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Good Lord. Why am I reading this 'fic and depressing myself before writing what I had hoped would be a light-hearted vignette? Wonderfully written, ewen. Well, that's for the post, anyway. I would have been angry with Qui-Gon, but I guess I just can't take his stupidity anymore - especially considering *ehem* - what he's going to be acting like in the future in Time. I'm getting chilblains just thinking about it, but anyway, wonderfully written.

You know, I almost wish Obi-Wan is thrown out of the Jedi Order and into AgriCorps. Even as a farmer, he would have so many friends and hopefully his bosses will be good to him - better than Qui-Gon, anyway. [face_plain]

Aunecah

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Lazybones-Being a philologist, I just had to love the phrase "display of displeasure", very classic. Now that you have said that I will be afraid of misusing words. I am not sure.Is your comment good,bad, or indifferent?[lol

Jedi_Suzuran- I think Jinn is going to have much more to worry about very soon than just Xani's desired reinstatment.

Lt Page-WELCOME BACK!!! I wondered if you were ever going to read another one of my stories!!

7--- DRL does get in the way of reading even my stories.

Aun- I agree with you. My Qui-Gon seems like a rocket scientist and a saint next to yours. New story?!?!

I am thinking of combining the next post with actually two of them. I am anxious to get to the part where some action gets started. Everyone have enough time for a double post posted at once?!?!?!

Never have I meant the one little word,*PEACE* before my name as I mean it most sincerely today. That is all I am going to say about *it*

***PEACE*** ewen

7. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    always have time for double posts ewen. heck, i even have time for triple posts.
    and now i want to ask for prayers please.
    the war has started. please pray for our
    president and for our servicemen and women
    this comes from the bottom of my heart. i am
    so scared right now that my big brother is
    going to be shipped out. and most of my
    cousins too. i pray for all of you who are
    in the service or have loved ones in the
    military. that is all i say. god bless and
    protect us all.

8. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    Great story! as I grab for something hard enough to crack a skull......or at least make a dent. My prayersare with the soldiers and they're families as i have a lot of family there.

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Between you and Aunecah I am surprished QGJ hasn't been skewered 59 times over.

I have spent most of the evening in fornt of the tv. Even though I don't agree with the decision to send them, I will always support the troops and their willingness to put their lives on the line for my protection!

10. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
    Ewen: it was a compliment, of course.

11. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
    Aaaand...UP!

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    WARNING!!LONG POST!!

LazyBones- Two in a row for you. THANX for upping!! ewen

##########

Qui-Gon suffered through a trying day. Not only was there the stress of land negotiations but he had two training bonds strumming miserably right through his mind. It created a major headache for the amazon-sized Jedi master, both literally and euphemistically.

Of course it was Master Jinn?s job to see to it things remained calm when the senator announced the decision for the amendment to the stipulation of the land ownership contract.. Cavanaugh left the meeting hall after walking over to Qui-Gon and reinforced his round-about threat to Jinn's apprentice.

The day progressed down hill from there as he tried to deal with keeping two training bonds separate and private in his subconscious whcih was now overcrowded with angr and confusion being emitted from both Obi and Xani. He knew he didn?t deal with Obi-Wan as he should when he caught up with him after their disagreement.

########

What confused him most of all was Xanatos? sullen mood that evening after last-meal. He knew why Obi-Wan felt so down to the point of feeling betrayed but when Qui-Gon mentioned Xani?s return to the Jedi order, the master heard hope mixed with some excitement in his former apprentice?s voice. Now it seemed he was depressed about something.

########The next morning#############

What am I to do? Do I have enough strength in me to betray my padawan? He is so sad, so unhappy. I didn?t want to reform the bond with Xani did I? How could I want something that has already failed? Obi-Wan may very well never regain his sight or reach knighthood because of his blindness. The force wanted Obi-Wan and I together. Is it now the force who wants Obi-Wan out of my life or is it me? I have had some thoughts of not having the stamina it takes to train him. Is the boy right, would I feel shame if I return and attempt to train someone like him?

So many questions were pondered over and over in Jinn?s mind. He just couldn?t fit an answer to each of them. He finally figured out why. He didn?t like the truthful answers that came to his mind. When he was finally able to face his own truths, no matter how wrong and unfair they were, Qui-Gon knew he was on the right road to solving the problem.

Right now he didn?t like himself very much for the thoughts he had. No, the answers to his questions were not something any Jedi master want to voice out loud and might be uncomfortable, as Jinn was,just thinking them..

I wish I could speak with Yoda right now. Maybe he could pass some of his wisdom to me for the force knows I have none and may have lost all intellectual perspective I have when it comes to choosing between Xani and Obi-Wan. It can?t happen the way I said it could with Xani. It?s not that easy. I have to speak with Obi-Wan and confess it all; My thoughts, my feelings, everything. I have to make it right for him, Xani and myself. This can not go on as it is now.

?The road to hell is paved with good intentions? was about the best way to sum Qui-Gon?s problems up. He had to correct two wrongs. One done to his former apprentice in his un-thought-through suggestion that Xani could complete his Jedi training under Jinn?s tutelage and the other???? The other was the most egregious overstepping of boundaries a master could do where his apprentice was concerned. He allowed himself to get caught up in Xani?s vibrant lifestyle and a freshly rejuvenating desire to be normal that he brought along with him in apprenticeship with Jinn. He missed the young man which was replaced by a child.

Camaraderie with Xani was replaced with unemotional polite compliance where Obi-Wan was concerned, nothing more. The master apprentice relationship between he and Xani was far more gratifying and ran more smoothly than with him and Obi-Wan. He felt much like a baby sitter when it came to Obi, especially with his special needs and more care right now.. He welcomed having a *whole

13. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    :eek: Oh that's just pure evil, ewen. Obi was kidnapped? :_| :_|

I need more. :(

14. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I don't know what to make of this post. Qui-Gon mysteriously keeps finding excuses to stop himself from telling Obi-Wan that the boy is trusted and loved and all that stuff, but at least he recognizes that he's been acting unfairly to Obi-Wan. He was halfway likable in this post - thank you for that ewen. It's also reassuring to see that Qui-Gon thinks Obi-Wan is a Jedi and capable of protecting himself even if he is blind.

But ... what about the last part ... Obi isn't ... :(

Aunecah

15. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    evil. just plain evil. better get out your superglue guys. cliffhanger queen is back.
    that was a great post ewen. more soon please.

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    grabs glue from jedibear.

ummm. I think I just glued my fingers together 8-}

17. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    sorry kitara. but you should have waited til i put the lid back on. lol. ******helps kitara unglue fingers******. there. might need those fingers for work

18. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Just caught up. Jinn is a *expletive* of the worst kind, there is nothing you could do at this point to make me look at him favorably, dragging Obi along, virtually ignoring him and their 'bond' and cozying up to Xanatos while reminising about the good ole days when they were master and padawan. Xanatos you should watch out, protect you feelings cause he's led you on too, Jinn can't take you back and you know it. You left the jedi for a reason, now keep on keeping on. ewen, I hope Obi gets his sight back so he can tell Jinn, "see you later!!!
    now my rant is over, back to doing my tax return. [face_grimace] 7

19. Lazy-Bones

Nov 15, 2002
    How come Obi always gets kidnapped in your stories? ;) :D UP!

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was Xani?s turn to return the favor of restraint to his master,his former master. He grabbed the bigger man and wrapped his arms around Jinn?s chest and pinned his arms to his side.

?Master not now.Take it easy.?

Jinn used a force push just strong enough to get his former padawan shaken off of him.

?Don?t ever try to stop me at something Xanatos. This is not your battle.?

There Jinn had done it again, *stuck his foot in his mouth* only this time it wasn?t his apprentice he had done it too, it was his former one. The one that didn?t have to listen to him at all.

Xanatos was shocked at the words that came from his master?s mouth. All this time they had shared a certain companionship of working together and in finding Obi-Wan, he thought it would be no different. He was not pleased at having a Jedi force push used on him.

?Very Well Qui-Gon keep your devil?s sorcery to yourself and I will not offer my assistance in getting Obi-Wan returned to you.?

?What do you hope to gain by the holding of my apprentice??

?A great deal I would think, especially if you want him returned to you alive. I can not say good condition for I think he already suffers a few minor scrapes from trying to resist us and then of course his feet need some medical attention; remove the thorns and treat the nettle stings of a few poisonous plants. Nothing life threatening yet.?

Xanatos Crion and Master Qui-Gon Jinn both advanced themselves so close to Mr. Cavanaugh he could feel their breath as they huffed with anger and worry. Each bearing down on him as if to promise his demise, but yet knew they couldn?t harm a hair on his head because he had what they wanted now, Padawan Kenobi.

?WHAT DO YOU WANT? There is nothing I can give. I oversaw the proceedings. I have no way to resend them the way you want.?

?Oh well then maybe I have another worker after I have broken him in. If you do not find a way to see to it that I end up with the land to be sold your apprentice will not only be blind, he will be blind and dead. Oh my I guess his blindness would be a moot point, if he died.?

The foul sinister laugh that came from Cavanaugh?s mouth at his own *joke* echoed throughout the nearly-empty room.

?Master Jinn will see to it you pay for this Cavanaugh if not then I certainly will. The boy is a child.?

?Master Jinn corrected me about that said he was a Jedi capable of caring for himself. I guess he wasn?t or he wouldn?t have been so foolish as to open the door to a man who had already threatened him once. Jedi might be good with their sabers and winded when it comes to diplomatic matters, but I doubt any of you possess much in the brain department. Now I have to go attend to my little guest. Don?t try to get him. I have places he will never be found and his death will be faster and on your head. I won?t harm the boy anymore than what he has suffered for forty-eight hours. That should give you enough time to find a way to see to it I get what I want and in turn you will get what you want; a slightly battered and bruised apprentice, but a live one.?

?Wait when will you be back in contact with us? I mean me??

?Don?t worry Master Jinn you are welcome to come to my home anytime. Don?t try to sneak up on me though. I can tell you now the boy will not be there. I have a much safer, more private place for him. Don?t worry about trying to contact him through your bond either. Where I have him I made sure it blocked force signals of any kind. You will not be able to mentally call to him or him you. Also he will not have any of his enhanced abilities to try to escape. Yes he will be just that child you referred too. Glad you have someone though. I guess you and Xanatos have patched up the rift between you two over the mines.?

Cavanaugh had stayed focused on Jinn?s reactions to what he said but as he finished telling his little story his panned his gaze slowly to Xanatos where his stare remained transfixed on the former Jedi. He very much wanted to his rival?s reactions. The Crions had been the Cavanaugh rivals, enemies

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Heh, well, at least Qui-Gon knows that what Xani did. [face_plain]

Now he just needs to figure out that idiot brain of his.

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Up we go!!!

PEACE ewen

23. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
  24. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm almost caught up..I'm on page 7...

25. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    I tried to edit my previous message, but it wouldn't work, so I'll just have to reply again...

YAY! I'm caught up!

I gotta tell you, having Obi-Wan be blind really shocked me. :p And my opionion of Xanatos goes back and forth through this story (but i kinda like that)

Also, I normally like Qui-Gon even if he is being a "buckethead" becuase I can understand, but sometimes, he was just plain cold. However, it is good to have him thinking straight and accepting harsh reality now. :)

Can't wait for the next post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.