main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darkness #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bria, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Vos was certainly very surprised that the cloak Villie gave was stolen from a Rodian.

But he can read histories off objects.

Oops.

2. anyueman

anyueman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    No blooper there, TC. If QV had his psychometry on all the time, he'd never get anything done. I'm fairly certain he has to consciously take advantage of that power. In this case, he had no reason to investigate where the cloak came from when VG gave it to him; it was not the issue at hand. Only after the cloak's origins caused trouble did that become even marginally important.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Ki claimed a Kiffar from Kiffex even though Kiffar are from Kiffu...kriff.

There once was a Kiffar named Vos
    Who's got all of his fans perplexed.
    He said to his people, "I'm not like you...
    A Kiffar from Kiffu...
    Because I'm a Kiffar from Kiffex."

4. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Nice one, Genghis! :)

I'm afraid there is no "no-prize" for this one. An error exists, and the Official Site obviously never checked in with Jan to see what his plans were for the second issue.

5. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    I guess they figured if Lucas can switch Obi-Wan from being Yoda's padawan to Qui-Gon's they can mess with Quinlon Vos's past no problem.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    TheCat...::sighs::

I'm so tired of fixing the Obi-Wan and Yoda thing. Do you all realize the repairs I make everyday in the TPM and PSA forums?

Someone tell 'im about JA...

7. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999

"An error exists, and the Official Site obviously never checked in with Jan to see what his plans were for the second issue."
    Err... Bubba, the author of the series is John Ostrander and the artists (who rocks, BTW!) is Jan Duursema. She has been known to visit our humble abode from time to time. :)

8. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    Sturm...::Sighs::

I'm so tired of people falling for that Lucasfilm corporate answer of "Yoda was in charge of ALL the padawans."

Someone tell him about ESB....

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Huh? It's in TPM ( "But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future..." ), the Jedi Apprentice books, AND in AotC in the form of spoilers...

10. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    Kenobi: There you will learn from Yoda, the (not "a") Jedi Master who instructed me.

That was the backstory; Yoda trained Obi-Wan. Period. Originally it was to be only Obi-Wan (already a full fledged knight)in TPM, and if so, believe you me, Yoda would have been Obi-Wan's sole mentor.

Yoda's role in the JA series hasn't been one of closely working with the padawans, and certainly not with Obi-Wan himself. *IF* that's what we see in AOTC, that Yoda works with all the padawans, that will serve only to augment the NEW backstory.

11. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    The Padawan thing is seen in AotC, and in the JA books it shows the end of Obi-Wan's training at the Temple, where Yoda taught him and others during the first 12+ years of their lives.

He had no reason to tell Luke about Qui-Gon in a vision, especially when he's dead and won't do much good, since Yoda is alive and can train Luke.

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Just figured I'd throw it out for the peanut gallery. 1989's "Riders of the Maelstrom" has a Kiffu named Parla Tentase in it :eek:

My comments reposted from the WEG Chronology Thread...
    "No, I meant the obscure, buried piece of information within Riders of the Maelstrom on page 14...
    'The Veteran vacationer: Parla Tentase, a Kiffu...'

It seems rather interesting in the context of the "Darkness #2" thread about continuity inconsistencies on whether Vos was a Kiffar from Kiffu or a Kiffar from Kiffex. If Kiffar is the species, then what the heck is a Kiffu?!?
    "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.