Spring, MO Darksaber Website

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mordus, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Greetings Springfield, as some of you know that Darksaber Jedi Knights is planning a revamp of the website. For those who don't, you do now. LOL
    I am looking for anyone with experience or knowledge of the program Dreamweaver to help build the new site. I very, very, very much would like to have everyone that is intersted in helping to be involved and to be included in the acknowledgments for the site. Anyone interested can reach me at nhackett@mchsi.com or just send me a private message.

Thanks
  2. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Someday, I'm gonna learn about this webpage stuff :(

I'm such teh n00b.
  3. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What I learned about web design, I learned by watching others. And lot's and lot's of tutorials. I think if we all put our heads together, we should be able to do well. LOL
  4. JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

I do not know Dreamweaver, however, I do know how to do web pages and I work in html, not WYSIWYG Editors. :)

Oh hope you don't mind me Nordac, I plan on joining the Darksabers. :)
  5. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    John, welcome to the Darksaber.
  6. Damry_Hawke Jedi Youngling

I don't do websites anymore (Except for my own) but I am a graphics designer, if actual graphics are needed.
  7. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You may have noticed the site is being updated and should be back up soon. I am going to put a link on there so new prospective members can still submit an online form.

I am looking forward to hearing input on what you would like to see on the site and have made note of those that have come in already.
  8. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just wondering how things were going with the site and all :) I wish I knew about that stuff so I could help.
  9. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have had house guests the last couple of weeks and have not been able to work on it. I am still working on the Frames version and working out some bugs and format. We will have the website by the end of the weekend. :-B
  10. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    No stress :p. Actually, if you hadn't posted today, my next one would have been "Where's Darth_Mordus, I'm beginning to worry." :)
  11. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, so I guess I was unable to get the site up this last weekend. I hit a bit of a snag and have not been able to get back to it. I am trying to work on it when I can, but I am finding the opportunity to do so has been greatly limited. House guest thing again. I will present regular updates as I get them done. Sorry for the delay.
  12. Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is it the in-laws? Just blast the Jedi Rocks as loud as your stereo can... that'll get rid of 'em. :p
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm re-opening this. I want everyone to keep it clean, productive, and nice.
  14. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
  15. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I thank you as well and sorry for the drama. On that note....

Due to recent issues that surfaced on these very boards, I am forced to completely rethink the format of the site. I am not happy with the decision, for obvious reasons, but I think it will be for the best. Content, though, was originally for the Darksaber and will be used regardless.

I hope to have everyone at the meeting assist with the new design. I will have my laptop with all the files needed and will be able to upload everything there.
  16. JediMasterArlon Jedi Youngling

17. IM_Hand_Solo Jedi Youngling

I sent you the 5 html examples needed to do a framed website. You should have no trouble figuring out how to make it work for the pages you may have already made. If you do, just ask me and I'll be glad to help. Everything I know about html I learned from front page express and from stealing the html code from other websites, and I've been hard coding my own website for awhile now.
  18. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I got the email, thanks. I will be trying to put it all together as quick as I can. Oh, I will be calling for help. LOL
  19. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, made a small adjustment to the temp page. Now there is a link that will take new prospective members to the sign up page until the new site is up.
  20. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Awesome but I don't see it :(
  21. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Don't see what? The link? Under the logo there is new text that says:

New Site COMING SOON!!!!

In the mean time...

Click here

to sign up and get more info.

The click here is the link.
  22. Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If anyone has any problem when the link is clicked, please let me know. Jacob has successfully submitted a form and it came to my email. I have a really good idea and format for the new site that i will be showing at the meeting. I want to get approval and feedback from everyone.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.