main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW DarkSiders vs. LightSiders

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarkSide_Apprentice, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    yeah.
    I love the names jack gives "things" :D

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It'll be hard to imagine PotC without Captain Jack Sparrow.
    With the first one, Disney executives didn't like how Depp was playing the character (he based it on Keith Richards) in the first and tried to get him to change his performance. Cause Jack stole the show, they love it now.

minor spoiler for next one.
    Keith Richards is confirmed to be in At World's End. Excellent

Question: After watching the film three times already and in such a short time, do you sometimes find yourself picking up some of Jack's traits without realising it?

Oh post 1977 of this thread. I should of said something A New 'Hopish'. :D

3. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yeah I know. its gonna be awesome. weird studio execs. without Depps performance the movie would have been a disaster.

I always put on Jack mannerisms and people think Im either drunk or sill or both.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree.

I find myself doing alot of Jack Sparrow lately but I'm lucky noone was around to see it.

Though I can do a good Gimli impersonation not to mention a few others.

5. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    sounds like fun.
    where could someone catch one of your shows? :p

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    My schedule says I'll be at Fox Studios Wednesday night.. wait, that was last year. lol.
    If people request them then I shall. [face_batting] (I'm still getting used to the new icons)
    In person is always best.

7. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    hang on, you're in sydney as well????
    :eek:
    thats awesome :)

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Aye, :D
    Though my attendance to meets have been non existant lately (I wonder if the remember who I am [face_thinking] ). I've been occupied with quite a few things and only now have things cleared up quite a bit. Hence me posting quite an a fair bit lately :D.

9. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yeah seems like you and me are the only ones in here :p

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    As long as I ain't here alone talking to myself (Chaos Theory), then I'm happy.

[insert Gimli]I say the others are hiding, if we work together, we can take em! What are we waiting for?

Oh 1985 post in this thread, what a lucky number

11. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    where does it tell you the postcount, gimli?

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    on the FFNSW forums, leading into this thread. Subject, Author, Replies and Activity. This would be the 1987th post in this thread.

13. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    ah thanks gotcha [:D]

14. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    C_O - I haven't RPGed in a longgggg time. I used to love playing D&D all weekend but that's when I was young, single, and could stay up all night all the time. LOL! :D

I've only seen POTC2 once :( but I'm just waiting for the "opportune moment" to see it again. Arrrrgh. :D
    I [face_love] Jack Sparrow. I've even made a few collages for the movies (at my personal site). It's really cool how Bill Nighy's voice and gestures mirror his character in Underworld.

And you know Jack will be in POTC3! [face_dancing]

15. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    cap'n jack rules.
    I still cant believe that one of my friends didnt care much about the movie. he didnt hate it but it was only "okay" in his pov.... too over the top for him....*shrug*

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I haven't seen part 2, I dunno the first one just didn't appeal too much to me?

Depp was funny but to base 3 movies on a 'neat' characterisation seems a stretch - obviously not for everyone else cause it's raking in the cash!

17. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    first one was great. this one is even better. cant wait for number 3. this is gonna be one of the best trilogies eva :D

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The thing is that they didn't make the three movies all about Jack. The creators stated that if it was made with Jack in mind then it would of been like adding Garlic to a milkshake and be over powering. What they did is just made the film 'without Jack in mind' and then throw in and let him do his thing.

I agree with The Emperors Protege. First was great and the second one just keeps getting better and better and the third is gonna be a blast! If you enjoyed Jack in the first then you'll love him even more in the second. Oh and Davy Jones is brilliant! Bill Nighy is fantastic as him.

The new RPG set for this will be done and set up soon (I seem to have taken my time havent I?). Think we should create a new thread for it and have this as 'Player's Lounge' or keep continuing to use this thread for it?
    I'm also open for any ideas to add to it :)

19. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I thought there was already a Pirates RPG. or what are you guys talking about?

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Well there is a Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG coming out next May.

What I have been working on for the past year and a half is a RPG based on this thread. Kinda reinvent the thread. It's near the end stages to be posted up and for us all to play.

Oh, we could do a second one based on Pirates if you want :D

21. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I meant at the RPG forum here at the board. what are you guys talking about?
    whats MMORPG?

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    MMORPG is Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. With the likes of World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Stargate Worlds(In development),etc.

When this thread started quite a few years ago, it was to see which is better, the Darkside or Lightside. It was like a 'lite' mockup RPG where basically everyone had fun. This thread started to fall in numbers and only a few people comment in here, only Deto and I have been here since it first started.

Now the RPG that Arriss and I just mentioned is one that I have been writing up for us to play in this side of the forums hoping to keep this thread running and more people joining in and having fun frequently. After being delayed and occupied by studies, it is near ready for the story and all to be posted up and everyone to play. I don't know where to have it posted up in here or create a new thread and have this as a social place like it currently is.

23. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    awesome. just make sure to post a link in here. Im definitely interested :D

24. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Aaaay, hombres! What's happening? :)
    Aye, we're old guys now, eh, Outrider?

25. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    I am alive! The trials have not fully sucked me into their evil grasp.

And PotC was awesome. I loved Davey Jones. I went and saw it with three friends, one of them fell asleep half-way through it. I can't wait till the next one comes out.

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.