main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Darkstardragons fan art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by darkstardragon, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkstardragon

darkstardragon Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    These are my first jedi drawing ive done in quite a while
    so all crits a comments welcome

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/padawan.jpg]

A young jedi padawan

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/Vos.jpg]

Quinlan Vos inspired by the comic The Final Test of Quinlan Vos

also i did this drawing of spider-man and wolverine a few years back
    and coloured its a few months ago

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/Spideyvwolve.jpg]

again all crits and comments welcome

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [:D] Hi Drakstardragon and welcome to Fanarts!
    Love your pics, they are really great! =D= My fav is the one of Spider Man.
    Would like to see more of your work. :)

3. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Welcome darkstardragon :)

I like your work. You show a great deal of diversity in style!

4. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    thanks for the response guys

my style is diverse because im still learning and find it hard to stick to on style lol

im curantly working on my star wars alter ego im just need of inspiration

anyone got any ideas?

in the mean time heres an anikan skywalker banner

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/ani.jpg]

once again all crits welcome

plus any tips on drawing skills would be greatly appricated

5. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Nice art darkstardragon, you got real talent... Your banner is nice too :)

I agree it's good to try several styles before you find your own. I'm that way too, I just wish I had more time and an unlimited inspiration :p

6. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh, very nice work Darkstardragon. I rather like your style(s)!

7. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I like the look on Anakin's face in the first pic--it's like he's thiking "uh oh"! The Spiderman one is also my fave--just makes on wonder who would win??? ha haa;) The comic-book look is great in that one and I like the background too. Ohhhh--the Anakin banner captures a good (well, um, cinematically speaking ;)) of Anakin's path to the Dark Side!

8. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    Thanks for all the posotive feed back guys

I know what you mean Daenna about more time and inspiration
    I dont get much time to sit down a draw because of college =(

FettFan79 I think wolverine would win hands down!

Since ive had no time to draw I thought i post the un coloured verion
    of spiderman vs wolverine

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/Spideyvwolve1.jpg]

9. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    ok so long time no post
    and this isnt really star wars related
    but i really like it
    its me me (kinda)and me superhero alter ego lol

[image=http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs11/300W/i/2006/179/a/3/Alter_Ego_by_DarkstarDragon.jpg]

so what you guys think?

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi there darkstardragon, and first let me apologize for not getting in here sooner to comment! :oops: Don't know how I missed all this, but it's great work! You have a very nice bold style of linework, and it's quite unique as well--sometimes not an easy thing to develop! And that you're trying out different styles is also a good thing--it helps you to find the one that feels best to you, and eventually leads you into a style that's all your own! The Quinlan Vos drawing is very powerful--he looks like he's in mid-battle here, with that intense grimace on his face--well done with the expression! Likewise with the Spiderman/Wolverine piece--very good emotion and energy. The Anakin banner is wonderful (that image of him on the right is one of my personal favs--I used it as reference for a drawing I did some time ago!)--a good choice of pieces to emphasize the conflict and darkness that were swirling in him. A very good start on a great gallery here, and--college permitting!--we'll look forward to seeing more! Welcome to the forum!

FF

11. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    thanks for the warm welcome FalconFan

i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out
    ive got a summer project from college
    wich im really getting into
    i have to design a hero and villian
    so im trying to get opions toghether to make the ultimate hero and villain

so i wana now what do you think makes a hero cool?

and a villian evil?

12. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    shameless uping, sorry :D

13. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    I love the expression on the Quinlan Vos pic!!!

Keep posting!!

Jess:D

14. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    Another non-realated star wars post
    but i was hoping to get your opions on my WIP for my summer project

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/WIPD.jpg]

all crits and comments welcome

15. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Hey been a while for me too! hehe
    Yeah, Wolverine is my favorite XMen character, so I agree--he would totally win!

Hhhmmm...for a villian--I usually like the dark, angular presence. Definitely a cape or robe, anything to make the figure appear more forboding. Villians usually have the large ego to go with it. Their over-confidence and their ruthless plans to "take over the world" aid in their evilness.

Heroes--- I find I like the type of heroes who have an ability or power that can be considered evil, yet they use it for good. Hmmm--just thinking of Wolverine. He's also got the bad-boy attitude, but he's with the good guys! And for a Star Wars angle, maybe something along the line of Anaking in ROTS before his total fall to the Dark Side--somewhere around the very beginning of ROTS. I guess to sum up, I think some cool heroes are the ones who walk the line between good and evil, but usually end up choosing good.

Really like your drawings so far! :)

16. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Hey there darkstardragon. You've done some really good drawings here. I especially like the Spidey vs Wolverine one. So cool! Being more of a spiderman-fan I say Spidey would win :p

Well, hmm... Can't think of much about heroes. I can say what makes a hero most UNcool IMO: heroes like the dreaded Superman who throws asteroids out into space again and has no weakness except the cryptonite. Too powerful hero with too few weaknesses = boooring. I agree with FettFan about heroes with powers that could be evil but they use it for good. Things like that is more interesting.

Now villains... they're fun :D I like the kind of villain who doesn't go around and cackle evilly and is evil just for the sake of it. Magneto in X-man is the kind of villain I like (at least how he's in the movies, I haven't read the comics much [face_blush]). He might have good intentions/opinions but he's not doing good things in their name.

Hope that was to any help.

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Oooh I like the coloring on the Spiderman one. Very nice pics.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Interesting take on a hero, Darkstardragon, if that's what he is--I suppose, depending on how one interpreted the mask, he could be either one... His basically casual dress is the thing that seems incongruous--a bare chest and what appear to be belted jeans are ambiguous enough to lead to either assumption (guys on the news rob banks in ski masks and casual clothing...)... The standard comic book-type hero usually has some sort of recognizable costume, doesn't he/she...? I don't read a lot of comics, so don't really know... As to the drawing itself: the figure, aside of being pretty slim (and that might be purposeful, so take it with a grain of salt) looks to be in pretty good proportion--I love the positioning of his hand, and the way you've drawn it. He definitely has that "superhero square jaw!" Is there more to this drawing, or is his right side not actually drawn (the image looks as though it might not quite have been centered on the scanner...)? It's a very good drawing, though--we'd also love for you to show us some of your SW work, too! Keep up the good work!

FF

19. darkstardragon

Feb 12, 2006
    hes the good guy im trying to go for that rebelious type of hero. his chest isnt bare lol well at the mo it is but he has a symbiote costume that covers his skin eventually there well be a logo and some kind of design on there. as for more of the drawing there is its just not finished as of yet as i could not get the other arm in a position that suited the pose.

as for other star wars work i dont have any new work but i have this rather old peice im still quite like

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/hunter.jpg]

hes a jedi hunter and collects light sabers after hes done away with his victims kinda like grevious sept he has jedi training

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice! I like this piece a lot, darkstardragon--his expression, his pose and all the detailed costuming. All very nice! I have a feeling I would not want to be a Jedi, running from this fellow...he has the look about him that says he's pretty successful at what he does... The bare arm, with the gauntlet and tattooed bicep are a nice contrast to his other, armored arm--almost a combination of Quinlan Vos-and-clone trooper type elements. Good figure proportions, too. An excellent piece!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.