main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darn stormtroopers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Sithman, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Gah, so, yesterday I bought my 7th stormtrooper! I was at the store near my house that sells old (vintage and early POTF2 stuff) Star Wars figures and I saw a POTF2 sandtrooper (with the orange patch on his shoulder) and I just had to buy it for some reason. I mean, I just got the stormtrooper 4-pack from the Official Fan Club for Christmas, plus the plain POTF2 stormtrooper and Dewback Sandtrooper from several years ago.

The same thing happens with clonetroopers. I now have 5 clonetroopers (2 pilots for the gunship, 1 red clonetrooper, and two Preview clonetroopers)!

I dunno, but there's just something about that sleek armor that screams coolness. Anytime I see a clonetrooper or stormtrooper in the stores I just have to buy it or at least stare at it for a minute or two if I REALLY don't need it (like another clone pilot).

Anyone else have this problem? :p

2. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Nope, my problem is with non-star Jedi, just can't get enough for my arena.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Nah, it's just Star Wars for me, if I see it, I buy it.

4. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Hey Sithy :D
    Yeah I know Exactly what you mean, But it's a little different with me, It's not just Stormtroopers!! [face_mischief]
    There are Certain figures/characters I Always Want When I see them on the Shelves! Even if I have them!
    With me I can't resist Darth Vader or Yoda, Even if I have that particular Sculpt! :p
    Bespin Luke is one I Always want I guess cause he was my favorite figure as a kid! :) Same thing with POTJ Han Bespin.
    I have 5 Saga Luke Bespins, Every variation! ;) Bloody stump version is MOC! :D
    I have 5 Saga Original AOTC Yodas! 1 MOC, The rest out (One is on Teh Gunship) :D

Everytime Me & my buddy go on a "Trench Run" There are Certain figures we Always want, That we have. I think some Characters just look Cooool in the package.
    Clone pilot is another one I always want! [face_mischief] And I have like 5! 6 Red ones too!
    If the figure is a Really Good Sculpt with Great articulation, I buy a few for different scenes, Especially Jedi & Sith [face_mischief]
    I Have A Lot of Lukes & Vaders [face_laugh]

One more thing, I have 14 Commtech or Fanclub Stormtroopers :eek: :D
    I have
    Can't have Enough Stormies & Clonies ;)
    Your right, It must be the armor

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL Greenie! So true! :D

"Your right, It must be the armor."

It's downright sexy!

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Sithy I send you a PM,I could use some info on this store

7. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Sithman,
    I also share your affection towards Stormtroopers, but i have an weakness for another figure as well....Snowtroopers. I couldnt get enough of those guys when they came out in 96-97. I think i have 3 of the Deluxe Snowtroopers, plus 5 of the regular ones. When they originally came out, i had 4 of them, and at one time, i had 25 of the original stormtroopers. I think im down to 10. Definately the armor.

8. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    One of my favorite sw memories has to be seeing stormtroopers walking around on the streets of Indy during Celebration II. There is something SO cool about seeing stormtroopers crossing the street! My sister and I couldn't get over it, and took many pictures! ;)

JawaGirl :)

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "One of my favorite sw memories has to be seeing stormtroopers walking around on the streets of Indy during Celebration II. There is something SO cool about seeing stormtroopers crossing the street! My sister and I couldn't get over it, and took many pictures! "

You were there too? AWESOME! I was there for all 3 days as well and had undisputedly the most amazing experience of my life. On Saturday, I wore my Jedi costume, and honestly, there is NOTHING cooler than giving a REAL stormtrooper a Jedi mind trick, then having him shoot you with his blaster that has a laser pen in it! :D
    Didn't ya love how the 501st Legion was security all weekend? :D

You see, TOBBI_DALA, it's not really snowtrooper for me (I only have one), but they are darn cool as well. They look like part of the KKK. [face_shocked]

Royal Guards are also an obsession for me. DANG!! The Empire has me pegged! :D

10. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I totaly agree . i am begining (well not begining) a clone wars diorama with clones , droids , jedis , TEH Gunship , and someday (hopefully) AT-TE . and any time i see a clone , i have to but it . although , i still havent found any preveiw fig , or the pilot :confused:

11. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Sithman: The 501st did a fantastic job! Within the first half hour that I had entered the convention centre I had a stormtrooper tell me to "Move along". Sweet!

JawaGirl :)

12. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I know how you fell Sithman
    I'm an Imperialist
    I can't get enough of the troops, though they are quite hard to get sometimes in OZ.
    The Commtech Stormy/Vader never came out at retail in OZ :( I had to order through a US mag, fortunatley they forgot to charge me postage :) I managed to get 5 more from HK (the ones you put together)so I'm happy now, plus I have 2 of each POTF2 sand/stormy/scout/TiePilot/snowtrooper figures.

Basically I have them all so no point listing them, but I usually try to double up on the troops if possible I was fortunate enough to be able to buy 5 preview clones when they came out so now all together I have 10 of the clones.
    And yes I still tend to look at them when I see them at the stores even when I have them. I'm what you'd call an Armour FREAK!
    just love it Real/Fake/Historical or CGI :)

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah, shock, I could have bought more preview clones if I had wanted (I bought them online), but 2 is perfect. If they come out with another posed "plain" (no coloring or anything) clone, I know I'll have to buy it, though. :p

Oh, and another reason I posted this is because I saw that the POTJ Sandtrooper is being re-released, and I never got it when it first came out and it looks so darn cool, so I know I'll have to get it. :p

14. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    yeah the bug has hit me too, i love jango fett, have to buy them, maybe 4 of them, but if i had the $$$ id buy a fleet of bikerscouts, those are kicken.( word of the day)

15. shocktrooper

Jun 2, 2002
    Where did you hear the Sand trooper is being rereleased? I see a clone trooper as an early release this year but haven't heard of the stormy?

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    \\checks\\

Um, whoops. :D Move along, move along.

(It seems that I got the Rebel Trooper and the Imperial Officer blended into one. :p My bad! :( )

17. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    If they come out with another posed "plain" (no coloring or anything) clone, I know I'll have to buy it

i saw that some kind of new clone is coming out with the january wave ! i suprised we didnt hear about this before :confused:

if they do , i will buy 4 !

18. shocktrooper

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah! I find it strange that we haven't heard much on it so I'm guessing it will be either a re-released preview or repaint of the red.
    I hope not..
    I'd really like a clone in a different pose

19. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Why are commtech stormtroopers so hard to come by? They get up to crazy prices on ebay. I bought three from a guy on rebelscum and he only charged me 2 bucks a piece plus postage. (loose with guns only)

I never saw those in the store, but, I have a friend who has some, and they are really cool.

I've become an army builder, so, yes, I love the stormtroopers and the clonetroopers, and even the wussy little battle droids. (I will like the BD's more when I get my realstands.)

However, more than anything, I like the Biker Scouts. I think they are the coolest. Can't wait to get my POTJ biker scouts. :)

20. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Bushifox, I should have mentioned Biker Scouts too!! :D I Have about 6 Biker Scouts! They're my Favorite after Regular Stormies :D I always want another one! [face_mischief]
    And I also have a Bunch of Sandtroopers(7) & Snowtroopers(5) ;)
    I only saw the Commtech Stormie twice at retail! I got the others thru the Fanclub sets, I got 3 sets!! :eek: :)
    So besides Fanclub/Commtech Stormies, I have 3 Luke Stormie diguise, 1 Han diguise, 1 Deluxe, and 2 regular POTF2 Stormies!
    All together 21 Standard Stormtroopers :D
    BTW Bushifox, I updated My thread with your Request ;)

21. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    I totally forgot how cool the Biker Scouts really are. I only got 3 of the originals. The CommTech Stormies were in abundance here. We had bins of them at TRU for $1.97. i picked up 3. Never was able to get the army building set off of the fan club.

All you clone trooper lovers: From what i heard, Hasbro is supposed to be releasing a 4 or 5 pack of Clone Troopers later this year. The other pack they are releasing is Battle Droids.

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "i saw that some kind of new clone is coming out with the january wave ! i suprised we didnt hear about this before"

Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? [face_shocked]

Must....Have...Link... :D

Suprisingly, I don't have ANY bikerscouts, even though I rank them second after the basic stormies (basic stormies and sandtroopers are the same, IMO)! I guess my Battle of Endor diorama just doesn't have enough room for one yet (I have 3 stormies there, anyways).

But man, if someone can give me a link about this new Clonetrooper, I'll pay college tuition for your kid.

23. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, I got the Storm Trooper set from the fan club and i'm thinking of ordering another set. My count is at 4 Storm, 3 Pilots, 2 Preview, 2 Red. I might order that clone trooper set you may have seen on ebay , the 10 pack 5 marching 5 posing. I know hasbro didnt make them but what the hell. lol

24. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    there is not a pic yet sithman , slow down .
    *thinks to himself*
    if its coming out this month , why is there no pic ?

PIC PIC PIC PIC PIC !!!!!!

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I really don't think it will be a new figure, Hasbro hasn't even confirmed it yet, either the dite that first posted it got it wrong, or it will be the red trooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.