main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Andeddu's influence on the 'One Sith' Order...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SithStarSlayer, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Did the verbal sparring between Andeddu and Wyyrlok provide the impetus for the Chagrin's move against Krayt? I wonder if being called 'Krayt's slave' made him rethink his position and the direction Krayt was taking with regards to the 'One Sith' as a whole. I know he left swearing to find a cure, but shortly thereafter, it's clear that his mindset changed.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Darth Wyrrlock has always been somewhat leery of Darth Krayt. He attempted to get Darth Krayt to go into stasis as early as Issue 1# of Legacy which was seven years before the events of Dak. I think Darth Wyyrlock had gotten used to power by the time that Darth Krayt got out of stasis and was irritated that he had to deal with the Dark Lord of the Sith behaving in his typical insane fashion.

I think it'd be interesting to speculate how much of the plan to divide the galaxy against the Jedi was Darth Krayt and how much was actually other, more subtle, Sith schemers under Krayt.

3. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    i've been rereading all my legacy issues and last week, when i finished Into the Core, i thought the exact same thing. When i read the last two pages of the issue i thought "wow this guy is all but saying that he will remove Krayt for the better of the One Sith". his encounter with Andeddu certainly showed him that Krayt's will was being eroded by his fear of dying and his obsession with finding Cade. From that point onward Wyyrlock realized that he MUST do something or his master's great vision for the galaxy wouldn't come true. It's like the issue says: Wyyrlock's will is strongh enough. for him and his master both.

4. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    A very interesting line of thought, this. I'll have to re-read Legacy in its entirety to see what I can add. I hadn't thought of it in either your (SithStarSlayer) or Charles'--I'd just assumed that he was 'being a Sith' and betraying his master while playing the opportunist. But I rather like the idea that he's a schemer...

5. DragonMaster_85

DragonMaster_85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2007
    I think Wyyrlock's opinion was starting to change as of the aftermath of Cade's escape from the Temple, when Krayt went nuts and was basically willing to let Talon and Nihl die. Andeddu's comments plus the Dac genocide were probably just the last straw.

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I think Wyyrlok's greatest characteristic is his Air of Nobility. From helping Vul Isen, staying Krayt's hand and even down to the mindscrewing of the West Virginia Sith or even the robe for Stryfe... there is a certain 'je ne sais qua' to the way he conducts the One Sith's business. It is a power unto itself.

Wyyrlok has also proven he doesn't even need to draw his weapon to thoroughly kick your ass.

Charles, I'm not sure I buy leery the entire time. In the early issues, I didn't get that sense. Committed? yes. Loyal? yes. Concerned? yes. But I think the leeriness didn't set in until after Krayt flipped out during the aftermath of the Temple escape. I think the wheels of "vision over visionary" started churning in his head on the long flight home from Prakith.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I got the feeling Wyyrlok was the real puppetmaster from quite early on. Krayt was a bully with temper tantrums; it was Wyyrlok who kept "the One" in check. Without Wyyrlok, Krayt would probably have burnt himself out long ago.

How much did Wyyrlok himself realise he was the puppetmaster not the puppet? Harder to say. He's a religious fanatic in either case, as he has been brought up since birth to believe in nothing else but Krayt's vision of a united galaxy. From that perspective, Wyyrlok is still the puppet even now, but he just proved why Krayt's vision had no room for Krayt.

I'll be interested as time goes on to see whether Wyyrlok causes a rift with the others who were not born Sith. Krayt was not a born Sith and so ultimately not as fanatical as his worshippers. Depending on what Wyyrlok's plan to induct the entire galaxy involves, I'm still eventually expecting a situation where he deems the mudblood Sith impure. Perhaps on the grounds the Sith Lords are the enforcers of order, so all who wield the Force must be 100% Sith.

Wyyrlok is what makes me want to see Krayt's spirit haunting Korriban, feeling much like Ajunta Pall did: naive and short sighted. At least Wyyrlok provided a check and balance. Now there's just Wyyrlok and nobody else there is nothing but raw fanaticism governing.

8. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I don't know why, but I got the impression that his daughter is pretty KA in a more understated manner - at least at first sight, so I'm thinking the current Wyyrlok's days are numbered. The whole scene with Andeddu in retrospect, seemed to show him to have that telling initial weakness that often means a rather rapid departure, but I might be wrong because that is not universally true.

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    This may sound whacked-out, but Maul and those born into the One Sith are very much alike. They all seem to have a different mojo than those who were... recruited. Maybe its just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.