main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth bane

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cronedoggy, Oct 10, 2014.

1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Sith ritual that corrupts Luke to the dark side that includes the spirits of Darth Bane, Darth Plaugeis And Darth Sidious?

Idk, just throwing it out there.

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
  3. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Here's my speculation: Luke has been researching or was marooned on a world with a Sith temple. The heroes track him down and are confronted by dark visions of dead Sith Lords and a deranged evil cyborg Luke before meeting or being rescued by kindly old bearded Jedi Master Luke.

I'm with everyone else who is tired of hearing someone's description and interpretation of concept art instead of just seeing the art. I'm particularly concerned about the validity of the interpretation.

Baron_Papanerd and Moonshield like this.
  4. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Why is Luke a Cyborg now? It doesn't make sense. My theory is its the Sith Cyborg/Robot that is wearing a Luke Skywalker disguise?

5. makingstarwarsisafraud

makingstarwarsisafraud Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2014
    Now is not the time for turning to the dark side....that comes later!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe Darth Bane is the Sith Lord who cheated death, but achieved it by keeping his spirit in the physical world.

7. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    It sounds so much like Darth Bane from the Clone Wars that it could almost be describing concept art for ... Darth Bane in the Clone Wars?

JediFan215 likes this.
  8. bluecadet3

bluecadet3 Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2013
    *cough* Horcrux *cough*

9. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

Even though that does clearly copy Harry Potter and LOTRs, it could conceptually make sense. The Jedi actually can survive death in Force Ghost form. They freely retain their individual selves, and some sense of physicality, by letting go of that physical form (Both Obi and Yoda, and perhaps Anakin, all chose to let go of life when the time was right).

The Sith, who have always lusted after the physical realm and care more for ever lasting life and cheating death all together, must bind themselves to some physical artifact before death. Their physical body dies and the only way for them to emerge after death is to fuse to that object. It's a form of possession, just like everything else they did.

So yeah, some would-be individual, perhaps potential Force User comes into contact with that object - Horcrux - and the Sith entity finds a new host.

Or something. Shrugs.

bluecadet3 likes this.
  10. bluecadet3

bluecadet3 Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2013
    Oh, I'm fine with the idea. I was honestly just joking. I think it would be a cool way to bring back ancient Sith. A more physical version of a Holocron, even. Which, now that I think on it, could be a good way of introducing/explaining. The Sith found a way to manipulate the Holocrons beyond just storing data, etc.

11. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    Yeah but, how long's considered ancient in the Star Wars universe?

12. bluecadet3

bluecadet3 Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2013
    I suppose we really can't answer that anymore under this new canon.

13. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    I think, whatever they go for in the end, ppl like us will always find the stuff they pull somehow familiar with something weve seen before. There isnt really much new material left storywise these days (situation was tad bit different in 77, but then again what is SW if not a modern version of a very old tale). When the progression of the story will however slowly start to peel the mysterybox we wont find a completely fresh core. Its all about the execution of somehow familiar content these days. It was quite the same with 'Lost'. Although it was superexciting in the beginning, what mega solution did people expect in the end? Often it seems to me ppl are waiting for some kind of epiphany at the end of fictional univeres they fell in love with over a certain amount of time. Im not kiddin, sometimes i really think its a western thing: the lack of truly religious comitment projected on artificial stuff like art in general or storytelling in particular. At least this would explain the vehemence in the reaction of certain people. Like some muppets on the imdb forum with their hate for guys like Lindelof or even JJ.

I dont know..

deathraygun likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you think it’s just a friendly wink to the fans or something of more significance that Darth Bane in TCW has a mask and helmet very much like Darth Vader? It’s just that when I first saw it, his first canonical appearance no less, I couldn't help but think why they made him look the way they did.

15. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    I never took it as being the canon look of Bane. I also don't see Bane being the bald cyborg with a mask over his mouth. We've already kind of seen that look on a Bane.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, many thought that at the time when the episode aired.

17. TernianVII

TernianVII Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 11, 2014
    The 'mask' is Vader's helmet. The new Sith Lord has retrieved it.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The more I think about it, the more it actually makes sense to include someone/something directly or indirectly connected to a past Sith. Be it Plagueis, Bane, Ruin, or even Palps himself, it would be like portraying something that is already in SW lore but giving it a twist. Kind of like the way the Batman movies always featured known villains but put their own interpretations on them. Nobody really seemed to mind when villains were given different origins from the comics.

As for the Sith artifacts (I still like that idea), my ideas were similar to the horicruxes but in reverse.

Vader's helmet, Plagueis' ashes, something from Palpatine, are all needed to somehow resurrect a Sith lord or even create a combination Sith lord. The ceremony must take place on the Sith homeworld. Instead of needing these to destroy it (like HP), they are needed to create it. No blood needed this time-just the artifacts.

And there's one more piece to the puzzle....that lightsaber everyone wants and some find. But why? It is Luke's. Luke isn't a Sith. So , the mystery holds, as to why Luke's lightsaber is needed.

I've had this idea that Driver was kidnapped as a baby by Sith witches, brought to Moribund(sp?) where Bane's spirit orders the Witches to raise him. He is then turned into a Jedi hunter/Force sensitive hunter to find potential threats. In the meantime, he establishes a group that helps him search the galaxy far and wide to collect the Sith artifacts to resurrect his "father". Driver has absolutely no concept of who his real family is.

One of the Sith witches infiltrates the new government to find out locations of hidden Sith artifacts on Coruscant and keep tabs on Driver's real mother (Leia). That infiltrator is none other than Lupita.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I just don't want them to veer to close to Voldermort territory.

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well after reading those rumours last week about Darth Luke i think Uncle George has snook in Pinewood wearing a JJ Abrams disguise and substituted this retarded script idea.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If Luke turns, it was probably GL's idea.