main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Darth-Bubbas reviews on life...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    D-B, Fever Pitch is a remake of a Colin Firth movie about a guy who loved this one rugby team. He followed them forever even though they were always losing and when the finally won, he did not go because he felt bad about his girlfriend who's importance to him he put behind his team. The pitch is what they call the field. I think it was rugby. It could have been soccer. It's been a while since I've seen it and it was a marginal movie at best. And Colin's hair was too long and wild. When it's long and tame as it was in Pride and Prejudice then it's great.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hee hee hee, gratuitous slow motion lake scene!! (I finally saw Pride and Predjudice a month ago or so.) I'm now understanding the Colin Firth appeal more.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, since that lake scene, Richard Curtis makes a concerted effort to put in scenes where Colin is walking around in a wet shirt (Love Actually, Bridget Jones II, etc.) I'm all for that. o_O Colin is so incredibly cool in that movie.

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Thanks D-H. I did not know that. Good to know. Makes sense!

5. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    the new Keira Knightley movie?

-Mel

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The P&P we are speaking of is the old A&E/BBC version released in 1995. It starred Colin Firth and Jennifer someone or other. Gosh, I forgot her last name. I know she's Rosemary what's her name's daughter, the lady who plays Aunt May in Spiderman and her father is some actor. It starts with an "L" I think. Darn!

I'm not looking forward to the Kiera Knightly version because I don't think she would make a good Elizabeth Bennet and I don't think you can do the story justice in a two hour movie.

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Theyll butcher it DH. I saw a few pictures...ugh. that's all i can comment. it looks terrible.

meesa hate Kiera Knightley

8. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    oh okay thanks for clearing that up DH ;)

why do you hate Keira Knightley?

-Mel

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I also believe they will butcher my favorite Jane Austen book/movie so I will also avoid it like the plague. Of course I avoided the Colin Firth version for years because I thought they would butcher it also, much to my surprise they did not. I think I have to learn to trust the BBC versions. I also enjoyed their version of the Mayor of Castorbridge.

Kiera Knightley is way overrated. I don't hate her but I don't think she's nearly as good as people think she is. Plus I think she is very "toothy".

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I don't like Kiera Knightley because she doesn't act well. She isn't my idea of Elizabeth. Also I don't like her mouth. I dunno why...it's weird.

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Last night I got to see a special screening of a new movie yet to be released called Proof. It stars Anthony Hopkins, Gwenith Paltrow, and Jake Gyellenhal (sp?). It was very good. I don't sort of like those movies, but I thought this one was well written and acted. It was very witty and funny, but also very serious. It is about math so that's pretty geeky, but math and crazy people makes it more exciting.

There was a Q&A with Anthony Hopkins afterwards and he seemed a bit out of it. But still enjoyable.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I saw a tv ad for that. It looked interesting. Is it a "wait for the DVD" movie?

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Took the kids to see "Sky High" on Sunday. Very cute movie. Fun. Kids loved it.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Is Proof a wait for DVD? Well, it would be for me, but it was really good. I just tend to like Star Wars like movies when I go to the theater. I want big action and lots of cgi. This movie had no fx budget. But if you like to see movies that make you think then I would recommend this for the theater.

I will probably never see Sky High.

15. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I saw Sky High! LoL, good super hero movie for kids. Any Kelly Preston fans go see it, I did? And for the ladies come on Kurt Rusell Superhero, a must see.

I also went to see RED EYE, yesterday!!! Rachel McAdams is Hot! WOWSERS, simple movie.

Go see both![face_dancing]

16. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    what do you mean by that?

seen the SKELETON KEY. saw a lot coming except for that final twist ;)

-Mel

17. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I see I never mentioned that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is awesome. Well, it is. :) It's not insanely creepy like the Gene Wilder (shudder) one was, and is just such a cool movie, looks/atmosphere-wise, acting, etc.

Also, 40 Year-Old Virgin is really funny. It has sexual humor, but it's not one of those "guy humor" movies, it's just plain *good* humor. It's also sweet and not fake. Don't see it with parents/kids unless you're really comfortable laughing hard about sex in front of them.

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I also saw 40 Year Old Virgin. I thought it was hilarious. I haven't genuinely laughed at a movie since.. gee, I forgot. What kind of guy keeps a house full of unopened toys.. what a GEEK.

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a while a go.. I also thought it was really good. That was my favorite book when I was a kid. Actually, it was the last book I read. Just kidding.

19. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Sky High was awesome, and the soundtrack is great! Covers of 80's songs, SO TOTALLY RAD, unless your not into 80's.

Keira Knightley is a bit over the top, the only movie i liked her in was Bend it like Bekham, because her career and her role were subtle.

Pride and Prejudice, one of my all time favorite movies! I am slowly getting CBM to watch these films, i just blockbustered (instead of netflix, but same premise) My Fair Lady with Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn! Oh it's been awhile, that was my all time favorite musical as a kid (my mom said when I was like 5 or 6, I would sing the entire score on our road trips) Kinda sad if you ever really listened to the lyrics "she's so deliciously lowwww, so delightfuly dirty.. yes I will do it, I will make a duchess out of this guttersnipe." LOL and that's the tame parts.

20. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    ....which is why I absolutely hated My Fair Lady when we watched it in choir in 7th or 8th grade. I also hated Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for the same reasons. I dunno, maybe now I'd appreciate them a bit, but all I remember is the hate.

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    The Daily Show was awesome tonight. Liz, you need to see it. It's on again at 1a.m. and tomorrow at 10am and 8pm (but no longer at 11:30 after the new one)...so watch it!

22. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm going to look for it in 10 mins.!

23. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    seen RED EYE and love it ;)
    cillian murphy is soooo creepy [face_worried]

-Mel

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think there are enough of us who love P&P we should just have a marathon. I have the DVDs!

I think we should just raid D-B's house the next time he's out of town and just plant ourselves.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have never seen this what am I missing?

Also I saw a great movie last night called the Other Side of Aspen V. I can't explain what it is about here on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.