main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Darth-Bubbas reviews on life...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I heard "Broken Flowers" was sort of like "Lost in Translation". Good but strangely unsettling because it did not seem to give a definitive answer.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So....Chinese Theater tomorow night? Corpse Bride? JR, SR, (DH if you make up your mind....), anyone else?

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can't go tomorrow night. It's my padawan's first school dance. I wish I could. This weekend is going to be tough.

4. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    DH will you be a chaperone? Tell your Padawan I said "have a great time!!!"v[face_dancing]

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Aww first dance? so cute!

WHATCH THOSE GIRLS THEY ARE HOOCHIES.

Where did that come from?

Well to be serious, JR high dances are a crack up because the kids dance like they have the plague. Their arms are straight out and they barely touch-so funny.
    Then there's the opposite where they're totally freak dancing, hence the comment about Hoochies.;)

6. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    The middle school I went to had "parties" instead of dances. I went to one in 7th grade when I didn't really have friends...that was before I became all anti-school function and never went to a middle or high-school event (besides choir concerts and graduation) again. :/

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    YG and I are planning on going to see Corpse Bride tonight at the Chinese.. probably a late showing since she doesn't get home until 7-7:30.
    What time were you planning on going ES, SR? We should maybe order tix ahead of time?

8. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Sure, order me one, I can go whenever.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for all of the well wishes (now that this thread has been completely and successfully Hasketted).

The only dancing my padawan has done is for Cotillion so my padawan has no idea how to dance to anything modern. No freaking or any suggestive dancing is allowed. We've already discussed the differences between boys and girls with my padawan knows not to mess with the opposite gender.

I was always a terrible dancer and would be the proverbial wallflower unless I went with a date. Then I was just a terrible dancer. I have the "white man's disease" when it comes to dancing.

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I think that I may have plans tonight, but if I don't then I'm in for Corpse Bride at the Chinese. I will know probably around 2pm.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    How late is late? My padawan gets out at 9:30. I can always tape BSG.

12. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    So would you need to be done by then or go after then?

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can probably go after that... maybe... I have to talk to Mr. DH first. Do you guys have a time in mind?

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm thinking of seeing it at 9:30.
    I'll order tickets at 3:00pm or so, let me know if you want tickets. It's $13.50 each though for the Chinese Theater ($12.50+$1 service charge)

DH, are you going to your Padawan's dance? You're going to watch him?!? LMK if you want to go to the movie.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. I went ahead and ordered tickets for ES, YG, myself, and my friend Mark. I don't know if we need tickets in advance.. but oh well. If anyone wants to join us, we'll be seeing th 9:30 showing at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. It'll be shown digitally!

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm excited about seeing the movie...but sad at all the Anderson Cooper I'll be missing. I wonder when I'll have to leave...sigh, probably by 7:30. :(

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    No, I'm not at the dance but I feel like I should be home to debrief my padawan after the dance.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I liked Corpse Bride. It was really good. The story was good, and the animation was better than NBC. I won't say that I liked it better than Nightmare though. The Chinese Theater is the best theater in the world.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think I like it better than Nightmare, but I like it a lot--and it was better the second time (the spiders aren't as creepy). :)
    The Harry Potter trailer is sooo exciting. I'd pay to go there if they'd just run that a bunch of times in a row.

I got to see plenty of Anderson when I got home. It was great. :) :) :)

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry, all of the Serenity reviews should have been posted here.

I loved the movie. It was full of great dialogue, adventure, excitement, killing, some way too gorey for my taste... Simon was just too cute for words. Lucky Kaylee... So much was so sad also. Does anyone else think there are more secrets locked in River's mind? After all, top Alliance people were in to see her...

21. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Sequels I guess.

22. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Seeing all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff at work makes me want to see Corpse Bride...alas I have no time.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We are planning to see Wallace and Grommet tomorrow night. I'll write my review then. I also want to see "Two for the Money" because Ralph Garmen is in it. Of course the saying was one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go...

24. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    That's the only reason I want to see two for the money because of Ralph also... LOL
    I saw Wallace and Gromit this weekend.. OMG No spoilers, but damn, can i just say best movie ever

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I forgot to write my review of W&G.

It was really funny. If you are a fan of Nick Park's work you will definitely enjoy it. Even if you've never seen any of the shorts (shame on you), you are caught up during the opening credits. My padawan and Mr. DH were practically rolling in the aisles with laughter. It's not just a kid's movie because there are some subtle (and not so subtle) suggestive instances. Any way, go out and enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.