main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI Darth Heathen Sport's Corner

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Heathen, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    It's hard to read poop.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  3. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Scavricks got smoked! Mark Cuban is going to go Donald Trump/Bill Goldberg on Avery Johson. I don't even know what that means, but it's bad. That was a HELLUVA game to see last night. The Warriors were hitting everything they threw at the hoop. Now they get to wait for either the Rockets or Jazz... Schweet!

4. Darth_Heathen

Darth_Heathen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2006
    Yes it was a sweet game, they played no defense in the fourth quarter and pretty much gave up. I think they'll play Houston and beat them. Yao is too slow and clumsy. The jazz would be a better match-up.

Is it me or is Charles Barkley an rambling idiot??? I can never understand his incoherent mumbles and I recently played charles barkley shut up and jam for the nes and that sucked too. I mean, I understand if you need quiet when dunking.

and no MVP for dirk......

5. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Just think for a minute.... Webber - 0, Delfino - 0, Hunter - 0, Dyess - 3, Maxi - 2

and D-town still comes away with the big W.

Oh, and dirk gets the MVP... Dirk the jerk.

6. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    Is it safe to say sweep yet??did anyone see that baron davis dunk over Kirilenko?? that was nice.
    and does anyone really care about the cavs-nets series?

i been reading some articles about what Amare said about the Spurs and this popped up

2007 NBA All-Dirty Team: G: Raja Bell (PHX)G: Bruce Bowen (SA)F: Reggie Evans (SEA)F: Ron Artest (SAC)C: Danny Fortson (SEA)Coaches: Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman, Bill Lambeer

7. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    Did anyone see that flip murray dunk over Kirk Hinrich? I can not believe they did not suspend him for punching Flip in the crotch.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2007/05/is_kirk...

Anyway Detroit has Cleveland in the next series. I say pistons in four or five. Thoughts anyone??

8. JediHutt

JediHutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
  9. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I say let's wait till they get to the Cavs. I know they will, but damn, they needs ta step on da gas! Next game should close it out... no way the Bulls play at their peak for 4 straight games, and no way the Pistons play crappy for 4 straight games...

10. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    the way mr. big shot played at the end of game four was frustrating he better pick it up in game five.

any chance of us getting Kobe?? i know he's not going to play for Denver..............

Maybe we should rename this thread sports, games and random crap we find??? any thoughts????

11. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Rip needs to MOVE!!! Do you think Larry Brown would've sat around and posted up or iso'd every time down the floor??? Rip's movement and double screen cuts set up 'Sheed for something every time they ran it. they did it four times, resulting in a layup for Rasheed, and four free throws. After that, it was a forgotten play. They aren't playing Piston bball, and they won't win unless they do.

by the way:
    The Kobe Problem
    By Austin Burton

It?s hit the fan?It sounds like Kobe Bryant is changing his mind every day. First it was being reported that KB wanted Jerry West in or he was out; then Kobe posted on his own website that he wanted to retire as a Laker; then today the bomb dropped ? out of his own mouth ? that Kobe is practically demanding a trade and there?s nothing the Lakers can do that will change his mind.

So if L.A. caves and grants Kobe?s wish, where will he end up?

Yesterday I wrote that Chicago (BG or Deng, Tyrus and a pick) is the most logical place for Kobe. There?s also New Jersey/Brooklyn (Vince and change) and Phoenix (Marion, Diaw, Atlanta?s ?08 first-rounder) to consider. Those are the most realistic possibilities, but knowing Kobe ? who has to approve any trade ? he could end up anywhere. If something tells him that Boston is the right place to be, he?ll do what he can to end up in Boston. Same goes for Memphis, Portland, New York or anywhere else.

So all things considered, what is the best fit for both Kobe and the Lakers?

I still think Chicago is where he?ll end up. He?d be going to a title contender, giving Chicago that go-to scorer they?ve lacked (BG almost fits the bill). Playing with a true point guard for the first time in his career with Kirk Hinrich and backed up by a strong defense, Kobe would still put up his numbers and the Bulls would automatically leapfrog Detroit, Cleveland, Miami and whoever else as the East favorite. Kobe would also be going to a big market organization that maximizes his endorsement potential. There?s already been 14 million Kobe/Jordan stories written in the press, but if Mamba end up in the Chi, count on 14 million more before the summer is even out.

Jersey is intriguing, though. For years everyone has talked about LeBron going to the Nets in time for the Brooklyn move, but given LeBron?s newly-signed contract extension with Cleveland and this most recent trade demand from Kobe, it?ll be much easier for Jay-Z and Co. to grab Kobe now than to try and get LeBron later. A sign-and-trade with Vince Carter would be the obvious centerpiece of the deal, and probably with a spare part or two thrown in from Jersey?s side. Maybe Marcus Williams and/or Mikki Moore?

In Jersey/Brooklyn, Kobe would have arguably the greatest PG of his generation passing him the ball in J-Kidd, another scorer on the wing with Jefferson, and a decent big man in Nenad Krstic. Again, his team would become an instant contender, and being in the tri-state area (even before the BK move) fulfills the big-market requirement.

Then there?s Phoenix. It?s almost unfathomable to think what the Suns offense could do with Kobe on its side, but the X-factor is that a Kobe deal undoubtedly has to involve Shawn Marion, and Marion is part of what makes the Suns tick. Who replaces that rebounding and ability to guard power forwards? Phoenix would probably be willing to find out if they could land Kobe. The Suns don?t play in as big of a market, but seeing as he?d be on national TV more than anyone else and putting up ridiculous numbers on Steve Nash?s passes, it?s not like Kobe would become a hermit.

From the Lakers end, if they deal Kobe, the most appealing trades work out in order as Phoenix, Jersey and Chicago. Marion is a slept-on superstar who would be like Scottie Pippen in the triangle offense ? only with no Jordan. But remember the year when Scottie ran the show by himself while MJ was playing baseball? The Bulls weren?t bad that year; in fact, they made the Eastern Conference finals. And the Phoenix deal gives the Lakers a likely Lottery pick in 2008. The Jersey deal

12. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I stand heartbroken and validated. [face_chicken]

13. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006

So no what do we do?? I think they should fire Flip.....

i feel so betrayed and disgusted by what went down in the last two games. the whole series made me sick to my ass.

14. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I could poop a better offense than the Pistons played all series long. The gameplan was a joke. If I didn't know any better, I'd say some dirty business went down behind the scenes to keep Detroit out of the next round.

We get a pretty good pick in this draft. We'll have to see what's left, and who to let go or trade with Amir Johnson, Alex Acker, Saimb, and Blaylock on the verge of breaking into the active roster.

15. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah, this last series reminded me a lot of our last performance against miami.
    mostly because we lost, but also because of the way the team was approaching the situation.

shortpants just rolled out her cannon to negotiate over some leftover milk.

16. JediHutt

JediHutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    I don't think I've gotten better or worse than 4 over par since I got to California.

17. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I just shot like 5 over on Midland and like 3 over on Freelandddd

18. POLARIUS

POLARIUS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    well it looks like the sonics may be headed out of seattle in about 2 yrs thanks to the city and county but freakin' stupid, but on the good side it does look like they might be a little better this year. ok forgive for i am not an NBA fan i follow the seahawks and the mariners sometimes, so guys without causing a fist fight may i ask how about them lions?[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
  20. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    I agree.....

21. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    I dont know if anyone has been paying attention the those two rookies that the pistons drafted are doing really well. One is being compared to the next D-wade.

Really hope football/basketball season starts soon, getting sick of baseball

22. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Baseball is for steroid junkies. Yeah, I've had an ear out on those guys. Stuckey is tearing it up for sure. He's one of the top 10 summer league guys overall. Afflalo's shot hasn't been real consistent, but he's putting in some work. Maxiell has been a beast too. Even that Cheik Samb guy for Detoit has shown some good skills, even though there probably won't be a roster spot for him this year..... unless someone gets hurt. *crosses fingers nobody gets hurt*

23. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    Any comments about the ref who likes to bet on games??? This basically takes away a lot of credibility from the game. did this affect the pistons in any way?? I know he wasn't the ref in the 2005 finals. but still excited about the piston rookies.

24. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    I would bet on it. lol
    You know, 'Sheed went after him in the parking lot after a game before. I'm damn near sure the Pistons got screwed with in games by ref(s). Now, you will always wonder who's on who's side and whatever.

25. Darth_Heathen

Aug 11, 2006
    I'm pretty sure the pistons were screwed just because they are the pistons. No money had to be involved.

so is everyone still going to pay attention next season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.