main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Darth-Horax: Dark Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth-Horax, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Chapter 1:

My name is Darth-Horax, and this is my story.

I will not use this as a forum to share my thoughts on the true nature of The Force, but rather as a memoir of my life. I share these things for future generations, that they may know the reasons behind the things that I have done. Until this moment, I have been a myth to most, a legend to some, and a mystery to all. My actions have mostly remained hidden to those who do not know where to look. These writings will be a guide map to help you learn where to look to find the traces of my existence.

To begin, my name is Darth-Horax, ex-Jedi Master. Most people revere the esteemed Jedi as untouchables. Men and women of character that stand for the good in the universe. I too once thought this way, for I was raised as one of them in the famed Jedi Temple. Like the other Jedi, I was taken from my parents at a young age?too young, if you cherish my opinion, for I cannot remember them. No, my earliest memories are of the temple.

The temple was a beautiful place to live. I speak of it in a past tense as it is standing no more?leveled by the forces of Emperor Palpatine. However, in my perfect memory I can still see it in the skyline of Coruscant, glittering in the sunlight. In it?s prime, it was pristine, kept clean by the countless cleaning droids and behaviorally challenged Padawans. Lush gardens and atriums filled with aquatic life flourished at all times of the year. Training rooms for the study and perfection of lightsaber combat, as well as Force Mastery classes were in every hallway. Observatories to study the universe and it?s inhabitants were in every corner of the temple. Students loved to sit and study under the stars in these observatories. Jedi Masters would often come in and tell us stories of the adventures that awaited us, if we were lucky enough to be taken into training as a Padawan. I longed to be taken in by the great Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn. He was the greatest Jedi Master known to me! He had a Padawan at one time named Xanatos who had turned to the Dark Side. Because of this, he did not want to take another Padawan Learner unless he or she were extremely special and gifted.

Knowing of his high criteria for a Padawan, I devoted myself to the learning of several forms of lightsaber combat. I thought it would be to my benefit to learn more than the required one form of lightsaber combat. Perhaps it would give me the edge to catch Master Jinn?s eye. I was nearly 14 years old?the age set by the council to be chosen by a Master. The time to impress him was now.

There are seven different forms of lightsaber combat. They are named, simply, Form I, Form II, Form III, and so on through Form VII. Form I is a very deadly form, as it focuses primarily on the basics of sword play. It is designed to attack and destroy any and all combatants through a very rudimentary attack. It is highly disciplined, and only the bravest Jedi employ it?s tactics as it is also the one form that leaves it?s user open to the most attacks as well. I decided that Form I would be the Form to learn, as it would provide me with a better base than the other Forms?especially Form III. Form III is a Form of saber combat that focuses mostly on defense, and primarily in the redirecting of laser blasts back at the attacker. No, Form I was definitely the way to go. A good offense is better than a solid defense any day of the week. Defense would never attract Master Jinn?s attention, but offense might. It was my only hope.

I studied countless hours on the saber technique known as Form I alone in my dorm. There weren?t many books written on the subject, but I was lucky enough to be good friends with the Jedi Librarian, Jocasta Nu. She helped me to find some holovids of famous Masters who employed the same techniques I was trying to acquire. I saw great Masters like Ulic Qel-Droma, Count Dooku, Arca Jeth, and even Kit Fisto talk of the reasons why they chose the discipline of Form I. As I listened to the great Master Arca Jeth explain why he c

2. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
  3. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    CHAPTER 2:

The next several years of my life were standard operating procedure in the life of a young Jedi. I trained with and without my master. I studied, practiced, worked out, and trained some more. My entire life was devoted to learning the intricacies of how The Force worked and how it could help me out in different situations.

Master Billaba was the perfect master. She was constantly pushing me in every aspect of my training. She knew of my desire to learn two different forms of lightsaber combat, and even encouraged it. She, too had learned two different forms, and they had both served her well. The key was choosing the right form. She had learned a technique that Masters Sora Bulq and Mace Windu had developed. It was the deadliest form of fighting known to the Universe. It was know simply as ?Vaapad.? The reason why it was so deadly was simple. In order for the form to be effective, the user had to walk the fine line between the light and the dark side of the Force, drawing on the powers created by both sides, and channeling it to your intended purpose. If not utilized properly, however, it could easily turn it?s user to the Dark Side.

Master Billaba knew this, but pressed harder in her quest to conquer Vaapad. She wanted to be the best swordswoman she could be, just as I wanted to be the best swordsman I could be. Learning Vaapad was the best way to accomplish this. There were few who could defend against the lethality of the Form. It was fluid and when done correctly quite effortless.

I wanted to learn Vaapad.

I wanted to be indestructible.

I wanted to be the best.

It was a warm day in the middle of summer when Master Billaba took me aside to discuss how my training had been going.

She took me to a secluded area of the temple where we wouldn?t be interrupted. The room opened to a veranda where we could watch the sun set. Master Billaba led me to an area that she had obviously prepared for this meeting. Two chairs were set up facing each other, but both turned away from the light that the setting sun would provide. This was done so we could not only focus on each other, but also so we would not be blinded by the brightness of the Center of the Universe. The shadows created by the setting sun cast a dark look over Depa?s lovely, even beautiful features. The Mark of Enlightenment, a gem located in the center of her forehead, glittered in the sunlight.

?Thank you for coming up here with me, Horax.?

?I would follow you anywhere, Master.? I wasn?t lying about this. Master Billaba had gained more than my trust. The years with her brought us very close, and I would be more than willing to lay my life on the line for hers.

?As you know, I brought you up here to discuss your training.? She turned more towards me and away from the light, making her look like a silhouette against the bright background of the setting sun. ?Your skills are progressing faster than I had hoped. Your mastery of Form I is truly impressive, as is your growing knowledge of the living Force.?

I interrupted her, ?Thank you, Master. I have worked hard.?

?That you have done, my Padawan.? She smiled at me?at least, I think it was a smile. It was hard to tell at this point. ?I know you have been working at finding a new form of saber combat to master, and have been doing research trying to decide which one you would like to learn. Have you come up with a decision??

I swallowed. Should I tell her of my desires to learn Vaapad? It?s what I wanted, but it was a dangerous path to take. Most Masters would not put themselves at risk of learning the skill themselves, let alone giving their Padawans permission to walk the thin line between the light and the dark.

?I?ve given it a lot of thought,? I began. I blinked twice before continuing. ?I?ve thought a lot about Form V.? I was lying, but hopefully she didn?t notice.

?Form V is very dangerous, Horax. It borders on the verge of recklessness.? The sun had set now, and she gazed at my inner bein

4. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    CHAPTER 3:

I awoke to a knock at my door. I wasn?t quite ready to get up yet, and the amount of mucous I found in the corners of my eyes were more than enough to remind of that fact. I glanced at the clock on my night stand. It was early?five o?clock in the morning. Usually I woke up at 6:30, but today was a day that I would remember for the rest of my life as a Jedi.

?This had better be good!? I said loud enough for the knocker to hear through the door.

I opened the door to see Depa standing in front of me. She was dressed in full Jedi robes, complete with newly shined boots. She looked beautiful. Her Mark of Enlightenment flashed with a brilliance rarely seen. She must have polished it either last night after our discussion or this morning. I was wearing my sleeping outfit, which consisted of the bare essentials. In my haste, I had decided not to grab my robe.

Depa looked at me and couldn?t help but smile. ?Too early for you, Horax??

?Master!? I was nearly humiliated. ?Please come in?excuse my appearance.? I yawned, trying to gain her sympathy for the early hour.

?Put your robe on first, then I will enter your room. Remember what I told you about modesty?? She stood motionless at the door.

?Yes, Master.? I quickly grabbed my robe and threw it around me. Even though I was nearly 21 years old, she still viewed me as a child. HER child, to be exact. I always viewed her as more of a big sister than a mother. A really good looking big sister, too. Too bad she wasn?t more like my big sisters best friend. Things could possibly be different between us. Fate could be cruel sometimes.

She came in my dorm, looked around, and decided to sit in a chair I had placed by an end table between my bed and the windows that overlooked the courtyard. ?You keep a tidy room, Horax.?

?Thank you, Master.? I took pride in cleanliness. ?I don?t like things to be cluttered. A dirty living quarters can only take up more of my time than I am willing to give.?

?Well spoken.? Her compliment made me blush. ?Are your Jedi robes cleaned and pressed??

She piqued my interest. ?Of course. I have them folded in my top drawer. Why??

?Get cleaned up and put them on. Make sure your boots are polished. Eat a good breakfast, but don?t take too long. I?ll be waiting for you in the courtyard. I have some meditation I want to do before the day begins.? Depa could be very direct and to the point when need be. ?Oh, and Horax, make sure you use some deodorant.? She winked at me as she turned to leave the room.

A quick sniff of my underarm confirmed that Depa had a keen sense of smell. ?Master,? I cut her off. ?May I ask what we are doing today??

Without missing a beat, she answered. ?We?re going to a council hearing. Well, at least I am initially. You will be sitting in a nearby room watching on a holovid until I call you in?and I will call you in. Get ready, we?ll discuss this more in the courtyard.?

Depa turned and left my dormitory. I was shocked! I had never been called to a council meeting before, except at the beginning of my training as an official Padawan to Master Billaba. This was huge! I knew the council members, but this was different. They were obviously going to ask me some questions. I had to be ready.

I place my boots in the automatic polisher in my closet. While they were buffing, I jumped into the shower. When I got out of the shower, I realized that in my haste I had forgotten to grab a towel. No problem. Time for some Force practice. I closed my eyes and concentrated. I reached out with the Force until I could see the individual beads of water gathering on my body. I focused on one individual water bead, reached out, and tossed it aside. With that minor success, I started pushing out my sphere of responsibility until I saw all of the water beads on my body. When I finally could focus on all of them at once, I pushed with my mind. All of the water instantly flew off of body back towards the shower. I was instantly

5. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    CHAPTER 4:

I listened intently as I heard the boy go through his exercises. Master Windu held a view finder that showed random images while the boy named the images despite not being able to see them. The boy did, indeed have talent. That much was obvious. Just as obvious was the council?s intrigue with this 8 year old.

As the boy finished his tests, the council members began to ask him a series of questions. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace Windu, and even Yoda tried to see inside this child?s mind. The boy was defensive?obviously a byproduct of his upbringing. I reached out with the force to try to see what was inside this child?s mind.

As I probed his mind, careful not to disturb his concentration, I ran into a solid brick wall. I could progress no further. As I tried to find another route into his inner thoughts, I heard Depa?s voice booming like a drum inside my own mind.

?HORAX! STOP PROBING THE BOY!? My head throbbed in pain. I backed out of his mind and attempted to soothe my own aching head. ?You know how hard it can be while taking a force sensitivity test. I?m sure the other council members noticed, too.?

Depa was clearly angry with me. However, one good thing was the fact that the boy did not seem to notice. That?s good. If he didn?t notice me, then he would not be affected by my probing.

The boy finished his test, and Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi waited for the council?s judgment. ?No, the boy will not be trained.? Mace Windu?s judgment shocked and startled the Jedi Master.

Master Jinn was obviously upset. ?You must see that he is the chosen one?? A vein stuck out on Qui-Gon?s forehead, betraying his anger to the council.

After Master Yoda carefully explained the situation at hand as to why the boy would not be trained, Master Jinn and Kenobi exited the chamber, followed by the boy. My time to address the council was approaching. My hands were slightly sweaty, and my mind raced with thoughts despite my efforts to keep it guarded against anxiety.

?Relax,? came Depa?s voice through my mind. ?You?ll do fine. I?ve trained you well.?

She was right, she had trained me well. I centered my focus and relaxed myself as only a Jedi can. Just as I was getting relaxed, a door opened, and in walked Jedi Master Eeth Koth. Master Koth was a Zabrak, which meant that he could take a lot of pain in battle. This had earned him the respect of the entire council, and of Jedi everywhere. He was a natural soldier, but was as equally wise as any of the council. ?It is time, Horax.? I stood to follow him.
    He turned to lead me out of the room, and I straightened my Jedi Cloak, and followed at two paces behind him. As I entered the room, I noticed that my master, Depa Billaba, had removed herself from the council?s seated circle to stand behind where I should stand?in the middle of the room. The air was thick, and electricity of the previous confrontation was still hanging in the atmosphere. I centered my thoughts, and strode to the middle of the room.

Jedi Master Koth took his seat in the circle, and my questioning began.

Jedi Master Windu was the first to ask me a question. ?Horax, before we begin, I want to ask you a question that?s a little off topic. Why were you probing young Anakin?s mind while we were conducting his force sensitivity test??

Sithspit. I had hoped they had not noticed. ?Master Windu, I got the feeling that the boy has had a hard upbringing, and wanted to see if it was affecting his thought patterns. I am sorry if my actions offended any of the council.?

Master Windu continued. ?You did not offend me, but you were wrong in doing so. You should know that another?s thoughts are theirs alone. It leads to the dark side when one tries to take away another?s past, thoughts, and feelings. Even if the intentions are pure. You?re lucky young Anakin did not notice your presence.?

?Listen to Master Windu, you should.? The diminutive Jedi Master Yoda took his turn. ?Old enough you are to know the difference

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    CHAPTER 5:

As I hurried through the corridors leading to the docking stations, I passed Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn heading for a transport. The small boy, Anakin something-or-other, was with them. Qui-Gon Jinn stopped to address me.

?So, young Horax, the time has come for your Jedi Trials?? His tone was sincere.

?Yes, Master Jinn. I am leaving in a few moments.? I was running a little late, but ANY attention from Master Jinn was more than welcomed.

?Congratulations. May the Force be with you!? Qui-Gon turned and started to stride towards his transport.

Obi-Wan turned to leave, and stopped. ?Horax,? he began.

?Yes, Obi-Wan?? This had to be eating him up, as he had not had his trials yet.

?Congratulations. Be careful, and good luck.? He looked back at Anakin hustling towards the transport that Qui-Gon was loading. ?Stay close to the light side. Master Jinn says that the Dark Side is growing in power. Being alone can be a hard thing to endure?especially in dire circumstances.?

?I?ll be fine, Obi-Wan.? Was he talking down to me? ?I?ve been trained well. Master Billaba is the best teacher in the Temple. You look after Qui-Gon Jinn. He seems a bit distracted.?

?We all are, lately. Something is stirring. Something elusive. May the Force be with you.? He turned and ran towards the powered up transport. As he started up the loading ramp, the vessel, a bright chrome Nubian, started to lift off. I watched it fly into the Coruscant sky, quickly becoming a small speck in the clouds.

?And he shall bring balance to the force,? I quoted from memory, ?The Son of Suns, the Bringer of Peace.? If Depa was right, then the boy that was with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn was the One who would bring balance to the Force, and would therefore be called the Son of Suns. If he was the chosen one, I had no idea, but if Depa believed, then so would I.

I saw Depa watching me as I walked towards my transport. She was standing tall, proud, and respectful. I held my head high as I approached her. ?Hello, Master. I am ready for my mission.?

?Yes, Horax. I am sure you have everything you need?except for this.? She handed me a small holocron?obviously my mission briefing that I would watch on board. The pilot knew where he was to drop me off, but other than he and the council, nobody knew?not even Depa. ?Pay attention when you watch it. If you need to re-brief during your mission, it will play the message again. And remember what I told you of being in contact with me?always.?

I fought back a tear. ?Thank you, Master. I won?t let you down.?

?I know you won?t. You will be a great Jedi Knight. Just stay close to the light.? She pulled me in for a hug. She squeezed for what seemed like an eternity. I didn?t want her to let me go, but I heard the engines starting on the transport. Finally she pulled herself away from me and looked me in the eyes. ?May the Force be with you!?

?May the Force be with you, Master Billaba. And thank you for training me.? With that, I turned and walked up the ramp to face what would ultimately be my destiny. If Depa had any idea what would happen to me during my trials, I doubt she would have let me go at all.

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That was very good as i was reading i guess you were posting the others it surprised me to get an update so fast:p my favorite part was when you were probing Anakin[face_laugh]

8. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    CHAPTER 6:

The Republic Transport bounced lightly on a cushion of air as it cleared the landing pad. I clicked my seatbelt together as the air control station from the Jedi Temple signaled our clearance. With all of the air traffic on Coruscant, it was difficult to enter or leave the system without air control assistance.

I heard the secondary engines hum to life as our transport gained altitude and momentum. Various commands were now coming through the cockpit communication system, which were met with an affirmative response from the pilot. The ride was mostly smooth, except when the main engines kicked in to get us through the atmosphere. As the sky around us faded into the darkness of space, my thoughts instantly fell to my mission.

Where was that holocron? I might as well see what my tasks were going to be while I was away.

I fumbled through my duffle, placing various odd sized objects in different corners and pockets of the bag. My hands furiously searched for the holocron that Depa had given me. As my fingers closed around the metal holocron, my thoughts instantly were back with Depa. Would she really always be with me? I had heard stories of Masters and Padawans who had stayed close friends until their deaths. However, I had also heard the stories of those Masters who had left the order, leaving both their duties and their Padawans behind for others to sort out. Depa would never leave the Jedi, would she?

?Stand by for the jump to light speed,? my pilot said through the intercom.

I checked my seat belt to make sure it was secure. When I was confident that it was, I lifted my feet a bit and leaned as far forward as I could in my seat. I had done this on several occasions as a youngling, and hadn?t had a chance to do it for years. Now that I was alone, I could have a little fun without a Master sternly telling me about the potential problems of light-mindedness.

?Light speed on my mark!? The captain coolly stated. ?5?4?3?2?1?MARK!?

The sub-light engines growled to life, and the stars outside of my window turned into long lines of light. As the ship jumped forward into light speed, those star lines turned into nothingness, and I was thrown back into my seat?much harder than I had remembered.

I laughed under my breath to myself, remembering a joke that Master Vos had once told me about a Noghri, a Chiss, and a Rodian riding through light speed together. Those days were over now, and jokes were not as plentiful as they once were. Things had changed?the Sith had been uncovered again, and times were perilous.

?Ok, we?ve achieved light speed, Horax.? My pilot was a captain of the obvious. ?We should arrive at our location in about 18 hours.?

?Any chance I could get you to tell me where I?m headed?? I was hoping he?d slip up and give me a hint.

?No can do,? he retorted. ?Sorry. I have my orders just to fly you there, drop you off, and pick you up when you need it.?

?Any idea on how long I?ll be gone??

The answer was slow in coming, ?Well?yes and no. You?ll find out when you watch your holocron.?

The holocron! With the excitement of jumping into light speed, I had nearly forgotten about it! I quickly found the switch on the side of the device, and switched it to the ?on? position. A small column of light appeared on the empty seat next to me, and in that light stood Master Windu.

?Greetings, young Horax.? Master Windu?s dark complexion commanded the utmost respect, even in a holocron. ?By now you are on your way to your trials. Before I tell you exactly what your mission is, I want you to know that all of the Council are totally behind you and are hoping for your success. You have great potential to become a very powerful Jedi Master in the future. We hope to tap the potential and turn it into a reality?

Could this be true? Master Windu trying to smooth me over? He?s known more for being strict and cold more than trying to blow smoke up somebody?s tail pipe.

The holocron continued, ?This is why we are giving yo

9. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Coolness! :cool:

1138!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE 1138!!!!!!!!!!

10. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Why thank you very much! I had most of this pre-written over the past months and haven't had a chance to update it. So today I had some time, and wrote Chapter 7 after posting the first 6 chapters!

11. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Had to keep the roots in the series!

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Master Windu blowing smoke up someone's tail pipe nah he wouldn't do that:p

13. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Good job there Horax.

Had no idea you were writing this.

14. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    update: 11/15/05

CHAPTER 7:

The hot sun of Carida beat down upon my brow as I sheltered my eyes from the glaring of it?s all too close sun. Beads of sweat had already started to trickle down my back and chest, reminding me that this mission would try me in every way possible. Coruscant was temperate, but mostly cold due to the tall buildings blocking out the natural sunlight. Carida was exactly the opposite. Low standing buildings dotted the landscape near and around the space port. People were bustling about in a furious attempt to get their errands finished before the sun set, and the near arctic temperatures took control of the night.
    The rumbling of the Republic Transport taking off nearly caught me by surprise. In my attempt to assess my surroundings and situation, I had nearly forgotten that the transport would just be dropping me off. I watched, almost mournfully, as that transport, my last connection to the world and people I had known for so long, took off into the star streaked sky. The noise was deafening, but I could barely notice my eardrums pounding in my head. I was alone. I was on a mission?my FIRST mission?and I had a job to do.

I picked up my duffle, double checked to make sure that my lightsaber was securely attached to my belt, and headed towards the crowds. The sooner I started this mission the better.

At first glance, it almost seemed as if the patrons of the marketplace were angry. I watched as most people kept their heads down, pushing their way through the crowd. Men and women alike showed no interest in each other. They all shared a common goal?get in and get out. Get what you need and go home. As I studied their hurried nature, I realized that they were not angry?they were frightened.

?Watch it!? The voice sounded gruff as a body bumped into me from behind.

I spun in time to see a small bat-like creature start to head away from the crowd, away from where I was standing. In my way stood a large, white furred being with a proboscis protruding from where his mouth should be.

?I said to watch it!? The white haired creature rumbled. ?You?re in my way.?

I started to reply, but the Force held my tongue and alerted me to the fact that my weapon, my life, indeed even my lightsaber were missing. I reached out through the force until I found it, nestled against the chest of the little bat-like creature that I had seen. Obviously I had been the victim of an attempted pick pocketing.

?Then I suggest you get out of it, unless you want to a lose a limb!? I snapped at the white haired beast. I was in no mood to banter with a semi-sentient being that was trying to rob me. Petty thieves are a waste of a Jedi?s efforts.

?And how are you going to do that, little man??

I smiled but said nothing. As the white haired beast started to advance towards me, his partner, the small bat-like creature slammed into his back, knocking both of them over. I had captured the thief with the Force, and hurled him violently into his companion. I reached down and took back the prize that they thought they had secured, and put it back on my belt.

?Run!? The little bat screamed. ?He?s obviously a Jedi!?

The pair scrambled to their feet and started to run away from the scene. I decided not to pursue them, as I got back exactly what I had wanted.

?Punks.? I watched them flee for a moment, and turned to walk down the street. I needed to find shelter for the night, as well as seek out The Clan. If they were not hard to find, according to Master Windu, I should be able to find them tonight.

I found a hotel suitable to my Jedi needs about 4 blocks to the south of where I was nearly robbed. It was a small place with one small window in the front wall. It would provide me with decent security, as well as a good amount of privacy. The hotel keeper had given me some good leads on the local places to eat, as well as some information regarding the recent events in the area. It seemed as if The Clan had recently hijacked a shipment of heavy

15. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
  16. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Update 2: 11/15/05

CHAPTER 8:

I had been searching for about 4 hours for the group known simply as The Clan when I was about to head back to my hotel for some dinner and much needed rest. I figured that I could do better searching in warmer weather, and with a better understanding of the streets and layouts than I previously had.

I turned on my heel to change direction when I heard a voice inside my head.

?Horax?I know you can hear me?come into the next shop on your right.?

It wasn?t the first time that I had heard a Force-projected thought in my mind, but it was the first time that I had heard it in THIS voice?a voice that I had heard before, but a voice that I have not heard in a long, long time. I decided to cautiously follow the directions I had been given.

I found the door to the shop, a little, out of the way type of place that specialized in local crafts and wares, and opened it slowly. Feeling out with the Force, I entered the darkened room. Nobody was there. I was all alone. Why had I been called into this room? I pulled my saber from it?s hilt and started to search the store for signs of life. A few local insects crawled over my newly shined boots as I inspected some of the crafts on the shelves. One of the insects left a slimy trail over the toe of my right boot.

?Sithspit!? Now I had to clean my boots when I got home. Ever since that failed prank on Master Ki-Adi-Mundi I had hated the shining of boots! I had shined over 200 pair that night, and I really avoided doing it ever again.

?Since when do Sith actually spit??

I spun around and lit my lightsaber. It?s green blade sprouting from it?s shimmering hilt, bringing an emerald lighting to the small shop. Through the dull green light I could see somebody standing no less than two feet from my face. His robe was down, and I could see the darkened silhouette of Jedi Master Sora Bulq. He was unmistakable, as far as Weequays go. He had long, braided hair that came off of one side of his leathery head. He wore no expression, and his stench was nearly unbearable. What was more distracting, however, was the fact that he had caught me completely off guard.

?You should use your senses more, young Padawan.? Master Bulq stepped closer to my face. ?If I were an enemy, I could have your head in my hands right now.?

?IF you were an enemy,? I said. ?As far as I know, that?s not the case.?

Master Bulq didn?t flinch. ?Indeed. Why are you here, young Horax??

I stuck my chest out proudly, ?I?m finally engaging in my trials for Knighthood. I?m here on a mission from Master Windu himself.?

?I see.? The Weequay was not impressed, but then again, how could anybody know if he was. ?What is the nature of your mission??

My mind swirled with the words of the council. I was supposed to bring Bulq back for questioning. He might have fallen to the Dark Side. I couldn?t tell yet if he had, but he hadn?t given me any good feelings of the Light Side, either. I needed to find out what was going on with The Clan?I was uneasy on how I should progress.

?I?m here investigating the underground of Carida. I hope to find out the nature behind the recent hijackings and weapons running.? I figured it wasn?t a lie, but it didn?t give him too much information. ?Do you know anything of this??

Master Bulq looked out the front window of the store. ?We can talk?but not here. There?s too much at stake, Horax. Where is your base of operation??

?At the hotel by the restaurant district.?

Bulq pulled his hood over his head. ?Then we should go there. We have much to discuss.?

As we walked down the darkened streets towards my hotel, I had noticed that the sun was setting behind the distant hills in the east. Like a shadow overtaking a summer?s picnic, the icy cold hand of the night swept through the streets. The temperatures were extremely cold?perhaps a few degrees before the freezing temperature of this planet. With the cold came the wind. Wind that seemed to freeze any liquid in

17. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Update 3: 11-15-05

CHAPTER 9:

I awoke the following morning with 1000 questions zooming through my mind. Sora had already been awake, I could tell, since he was already well into his morning exercises. He had a routine that was legendary in the Jedi Order. Before breakfast, he would not only meditate upon the day?s activities, he also had a rigorous cardiovascular routine that he went through daily. After his cardio, he went through a series of Jedi muscle strengthening techniques which made his already great strength even greater. I ate my breakfast, did some stretching and meditating of my own, and was ready to begin my day.

When Sora was finished, I asked him the most important question on my mind. ?Sora, exactly HOW did you find me yesterday??

Sora looked at me with a hint of disdain. ?Young Jedi, I am a Jedi Master. When you master the Force the way that I have, you can find any Force sensitive being in a complete star system. I felt that you were coming here probably before you did.? Sora turned to glance out the window. The sun was up, and the heat was growing intense, as marked by the sweaty passersby on the street.

There was something with the way he said that. What was it? Pride? Power?

Sora spoke again, ?In time, you will learn to master the Force, Horax?in all it?s glory. You just need confidence and time.?

?You sound like Master Billaba,? I said to him.

Sora didn?t say a word. He simply gestured towards the door with his leathery head. ?Come on,? he said. We have to walk to the other side of the city for our meeting with The Clan.

We both put our cloaks on to leave. I left mine down on my shoulders, but Sora covered his head with his hood. We closed the door behind us, and went out into the street. As we walked along the dirt roads, I felt a tremor in the Force. I couldn?t quite put my finger on it, but it was something that I had not felt before. Was Sora leading me into a trap? I didn?t think that a Jedi Master would willingly lead the Padawan Learner of his closest friend into danger. However, if he HAD turned to the Dark Side, then nothing was out of question.

I looked up in time to see Sora turn down a side road. As I followed, he made a couple of quick movements to get through the adjoining alleys. As we ducked into a side street with no patrons, he removed his hood.

?Ok, Horax, from here on in, you are an old friend who wants to help The Clan in any way possible. You don?t know much, but you have heard that they stand for the freedom of the oppressed in the Galaxy.? Sora seemed to truly believe what he was saying. Must come from being undercover for so long.

?Sure thing Sora. I?m ready for this.? I steadied myself, then thought about a question. ?What about my lightsaber??

Sora turned to me, ?Don?t worry about it. They know I?m a Jedi, they won?t care if you are?or USED to be. You follow me??

I understood him all too well, although the thought made my stomach recoil in disgust. ?I will follow your lead.?

?Excellent. Now, let?s go.?

Sora opened the door and stepped inside. I followed him, staying as close to him as possible, but not close enough to look like I was trying to stay close. He shut the door behind him, and turned on the lights to the small entry way. As we turned, we ran headlong into five people who I assumed were Clan members. They each held a Republic Assault Rifle aimed at our heads. Three were trained on Sora, and two others were nearly touching my face.

Sora didn?t flinch. Once they saw who he was, they lowered their weapons.

?Sora, we were wondering when you?d return. Did you get the information?? The shortest member of the group asked him hurriedly.

Sora replied. ?I did. It took me a little longer than what I expected, but the plans are in our possession.? Sora pulled out a small datapad from his tunic. Where did that come from? He obviously had it before last night, but didn?t tell me about it. ?Now we can embark on the next step of our plans.?

18. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Hey Horax good job man! Long time no see btw. :) I read some of these from time to time over here. Keep up the good work! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.