main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chebeh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    What if luke is the palpatine of this trilogy? And I don’t mean the evil puppet master, but instead the benevolent puppet master. The one behind the scenes that nobody expect to be eradicating all evil in the galaxy? What if his apprentice has infiltrated the dark side. What if this time around, the good guys are the ones pulling the strings and making everyone else seem like punks. Basically, the jedi, this time around are the bad@$$s.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Dumbledore Skywalker" in short?

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Disregard.

4. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Darth Lurker, Luke didn't kill those guards in Jabba's palace. He just temporarily incapacitated them so he could get past them without really hurting them. He had no weapons with him, if you recall, and those guards were huge and had nasty weapons. The novelization is very clear on this if you weren't sure from the film.

I definitely don't want Luke to go bad in this film. Luke's trials already took place in the OT and he passed them. He was willing to die twice rather than join the dark side and go bad. Why would he change his mind 30 years later when he is older, wiser, and more experienced? It makes no sense, and all it would do is ruin an heroic and iconic character. For what???? We've already seen a Skywalker go bad. We don't need to see a repeat of that story. It would just be stupid.

Besides, this new trilogy is supposed to introduce us to new characters who haven't had their character and story arcs yet. They are the ones who need to face their trials and make their choices for good or bad. Luke has already made his. We already KNOW who he is. Why change Luke into someone completely different when we already have so many new characters to meet and who can face their own darkness and win or lose? Luke should remain the hero we know and love from the OT, and the mentor to the new generation. THAT should be Luke's story arc, NOT villain for the new trilogy.

5. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    "Here is an equally bad idea..."

so, its a bad idea if luke becomes evil and its a bad idea if luke remains good. Poor luke.

Dak Oolron and Dra--- like this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    ChildOfWinds

Yeah, I agree.

Luke becoming someone like Revan, the ultimate gray Jedi; I can accept that. But I don't want a repeat of Anakin's fall. It's not needed.

7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I do apologize, I admittedly stopped reading after the first sentence. My fault for jumping so quickly.

8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    You're not the only one who did that. I did the same thing. I "liked" your response and then read the whole post and "unliked" your post. Just goes to remind us that we probably all need to read each other's posts completely and more carefully before we jump to respond.

Dak Oolron and TheBBP like this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    We've already seen the "Luke struggles with the darkside" story. We haven't seen the "Luke passes on what he has learned" story. Seems an obvious choice to me.

10. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    But we've also seen the Obi/Yoda passing on what they've learnt story. Unless Luke has taken on a whole new approach to the way he sees the force and how a Jedi should live, I can't see him being able to teach a whole lot more than what we've seen already.

11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If Luke gets a Sith name it better be Darth Darth.

"Henceforth.. you shall be known as Darth.. uhm.. Darth.."

"Thank you, my master. That is an excellent name."

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

That means there would be a dearth of Darth names. :p

13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    I would welcome a Dark Side Luke, just to hear Hamill being Joker again. Joker's escape in Arkham Asylum would work very well with an evil sith:
    "The chokes on you. Ihihahaha"

14. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I love the idea of a Grey Jedi Luke. Have said that many times. But Luke becoming the villain. . . . [face_rofl] He proved at the end of ROTJ that he's too strong for that. Luke is a hero, will always be a hero, and will always fight to keep the Force in balance and the champions of evil under heel.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think Luke turning into a full Sith Lord is highly unlikely. But I think people here tend to expect some EU basic plots that might not be taken into account for the ST. Luke does not have to be, by any means, the new Yoda, nor the new Ben, nor the new anything. He can perfectly be a gray Jedi. The Luke we saw in ROTJ is not the same kind of monk we saw the Jedis of the PT be. He was more practical, more emotional, and use the dark side. He didn´t kill people nor did bad things, but used it to serve his objectives, which were light side related.

I think Luke may sacrifice Han, o use Force lighting on some enemy. Or even use his anger to kill one Sith. So what?.

16. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

I agree with everything but this. Sacrificing his friends is something I don't think Luke would do. He wasn't willing to sacrifice them in the OT and I don't think that will have changed in the thirty years since then. I could see him sacrificing someone he doesn't know maybe, and definitely himself for the good of the galaxy. I can also see him letting Han sacrifice himself if that's what is needed. But making that decision for Han is something I just don't thin Luke would do.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe the writers of the ST think the "lesson of Star Wars" is that the PT Jedi were right all along - and that pure selflessness includes being willing to sacrifice the ones you love most For The Greater Good.

18. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

Could be. I'm not against the idea. I just think Luke would let Han make the choice himself and not make it for him.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Might depend on if it's possible for Luke to communicate with Han at the time.

20. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

Fair enough. I was thinking of scenarios more along the lines of what happened in ESB. But under dire enough circumstances it would have to be done, and I could see Luke making the call.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Instead of Luke turning to the dark side, it's possible we might see something that we haven't seen in the movies yet, but have in the books and possibly TCW: Force psychosis. Something infects him, causing him to go insane. Not necessarily evil, but insane.

Probably won't happen, but it could affect him without turning him to the dark side.

22. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    If he does go Sith I sure as hell hope his name isn't "Darth Luke". Lol

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Cynical veterans of speculation... now just imagine what it'll be like in the 9SA forum.

Dak Oolron and TheBBP like this.
  24. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Darth JarJar would be better.

25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012