main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chebeh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

not to get too far off topic, but everyone had to believe that Batman was capable of that...Batman still had to be something to fear, so he willingly took that on. He didn't want to become a "friendly" boyscout to the public eye

Dra--- likes this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not that far off. Look what happened to the Jedi when they WERE the friendly boyscouts in the public eye. Then, when they were obscured and believed to be extinct, Luke was able to succeed. Maybe for the Jedi, being outlaws and obscure isn't so bad.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I think the new Jedi will be less monastic and more like regular people -- just like Luke. Neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda encouraged Luke to avoid attachment or love, just to watch the anger, fear and aggression. Luke was allowed to be a person before he became a Jedi. Otherwise, Obi-Wan could have trained him from birth. He didn't, and I think there's and clue there.

I think they figured out the strict Jedi Code wasn't necessarily the right way to go. Had Anakin not been put in a position to choose between Padme and the Order, his fall never would have happened. Obi-Wan and Yoda (probably with some communing with Qui-Gon) figured this out and didn't put that on Luke. In turn, Luke will train other Jedi to be like him.

starocean90, Dra--- and TKT like this.
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I can see that. Like spiderman he is wrongfully vilified. In the end they love him

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've been reading a A New Dawn, and they make it clear that the non-attachment rule is not part of the Jedi Code. It was one of many rules that was added to the Order over a long period of time, and the novel makes it sound like it wasn't necessary.

That tells me the ST will can the no marriage rule.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    good maybe with this people will stop using the whole Luke can't/shouldn't be married/attached because he's a Jedi excuse.[face_whistling];)

It's interesting that we get new possible info on Episode VII in these books, like this info in A New Dawn and we supposedly find out how the Empire runs without the Emperor in Tarkin.;)

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, I actually want them to get married and have romance in the ST. But my reason is the opposite of most -- romance and marriage and family is a great place for conflict and the darkside.

And love too. I respect what Lucas did in the PT, but Star Wars is an adventure series and needs passion.

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I also share your reason except for the darkside part.;)

Revanfan1 and Dra--- like this.
  9. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    That could maybe work. I can see a lot of the Galaxy disliking Force users of any sort because of all the chaos they have been part of over the years. That's why I am thinking maybe Luke has exiled himself because he feels the Force does more harm than good.

10. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I don't see any issue with Luke being villainized. After all, the Jedi fought against the Separatist half of the galaxy, and then were accused of trying to overthrow the Republic half. There aren't all that many Jedi left to speak in Luke's defense and if it becomes known that he's the offspring of Darth Vader...

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Going to make the point again that Luke Skywalker is the heir apparent to the entire Jedi Order, and really the Sith as well. The rules going forward are whatever he decides they are and may not be consistent with the old Jedi Council thinking. What a Jedi is could be drastically different that what we're accustomed to.

For example I think it's unlikely that Luke will be tracking down Force-sensitive babies to take from their homes, may have multiple apprentices, a family isn't out of the question. A lot of EU has him finding Holocrons and relics but what if he doesn't? What if he's just working with what he learned from Obi-Wan and Yoda like we saw in the movies?

Dra--- likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That is quite probable.

SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if he's working at Spacemart?

14. SaintKenobi1322

Jul 17, 2013
    Thank you for sharing that, and I find it interesting that they took the time to make this point so clear in this novel. I would think that will mean something going forward, absolutely.

starocean90, Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  15. SaintKenobi1322

Jul 17, 2013
    I agree. The old Jedi Order is no more. It failed. It would be foolish to rebuild it as it was. Luke is the New Hope and the new archetype for Jedi.

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    but it's true, Anakin is exhibit A

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Anakin's problem wasn't his romance. It was his attachment. If he'd been married to Padme but willing to let her go if necessary, everything would've been hunky-dory. It was his fear of losing her that drove him to darkness, and Palpatine fed upon that.

starocean90 and Ridley Solo like this.
  18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Shop Smart! Shop....

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  20. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

Bingo and Bingo. I think you're dead on.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Darth Luke: Worst. Idea. Ever. It would make his line in ROTJ "Never....I'll never turn to the Dark Side." totally meaningless, and turn him into a lousy liar.

That said, I like the idea of him being vilified in the public eye but good in reality.

Please, JJ, don't kill the morality of my childhood hero....I beg you. [face_praying]

23. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Good I never liked that rule.

24. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Iam fine with jedi and relationships, but i think it is a dangerous path, as Anakin and others have shown. Attachement leads to volitile emotions and eventually to the dark side, if you are not strict in your emotional handiling

25. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Luke was a fun way to pass the time, but I'm ready for another fake spoiler bombshell now.