main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chebeh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the Light Side of the Force will make Luke stronger but Force God strong? No idea.

SithLord_1270 likes this.
  3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke has gone all... Super Saiyan 3 on us!

[​IMG]

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. SearchForBalance

SearchForBalance Jedi Padawan

Sep 15, 2014
    Thanks!

starocean90 likes this.
  6. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I never did put much stock into that silly Prophecy of the Chosen One.
    I found it silly and restrictive.I'm sorry but the idea of Darth Luke would be out of character unless somewhere in the past 30years Luke took a turn for the stupid and magically learned absolutely nothing from his experiences with his father I could see Luke going into a self imposed exile because of Vader maybe it gets out that Vader was anakin Skywalker and Luke's Father. Remember Vader was Palpatine's main dude and brought the pain to those who dared displease the emperor or say it was day when Palps said it was night. So I'm sure there would be a lot of beings looking to get some payback regardless of who they take it out on you know the whole sins of the father crap. Maybe It got to the point where something major happened and Luke distances himself to spare trouble for the New Republic and his loved onesas for the Sith returning that could be explained by saying they were trained by Palps himself secretly or they were force users that found a Sith holocron.

7. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Saw on another forum the 'Luke kills Han' rumour. What do you think?

UKS

8. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Whatever path he's on, i do think Luke around TFA has fulfilled much of his force potential. Anakin's got wasted as soon as he donned his suit. According to Sidious, he was supposed to have become more powerful than himself and Yoda when they fought, and rather quickly, i bet.

Nothing stood in Luke's way. Just try to imagine what level he's at now.

Dak Oolron and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It's been discussed in other threads... It's unrelated to "Darth Luke" ideas, tho, as it's a case of Han getting in the way to try to stop Luke killing Han's son, or so the rumor goes. Luke wants to strike down a present or future evil, Han jumps in and takes a fatal wound. It's Mace-vs-Sidious with Han playing Anakin, only using his own body to stop "Mace" instead of a saber.

10. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think Luke turning to the darkside is a terrible idea and killing Han is even worse.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I dread to...

[​IMG]

DarthSyverus and Vib3s like this.
  12. AllAboutThatMace

AllAboutThatMace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think Luke will kill Han, and I don't think Luke will be the bad guy.

That said, I also think the Luke we meet will be a troubled and conflicted figure. Reclusive, possibly unwilling to use his powers, maybe even a little unstable or crazy seeming (the way people thought Yoda and Obi-Wan were kooks when they were in their elderly hermit stage). I don't think this movie is going to pick up with Luke, Han and Leia all hanging out together, still saving the Galaxy every other week. I expect it to be darker than that. This is a setting where war has been raging for some time still, leaving wreckage all across the Galaxy, and where the Empire is still around and a threat, and I suspect at least part of that will be because Luke is no longer serving as the hero and champion of the forces of good.

Again, I dont think this means Luke will be the villain. I expect him to be at the very least a valuable mentor, and to play a critical role in saving the galaxy. But I also think it will take time to get to that point, and that when we first meet him he is going to seem like a broken down shell of his former self, a man who has seen too much, who has the world placed on his shoulders one too many times, who has to wrestle with the burden of enormous power every single day. This isn't a Luke who is gung ho about training a new generation of Jedi, this will be a Luke who is conflicted about whether he's ready to train anyone at all.

As for what made him that way? Could be many things. Just the horror and exhaustion of a life of war, with all that entails. Perhaps a traumatic event, a moment where his power lead to unforseen consequences or even innocent deaths. Perhaps the loss of a loved one--falling in love was his father's weakness, perhaps it was Luke's as well, and when someone as strong in the force as him loses someone with whom they have a bond deeper than words, perhaps the shock nearly drove him mad.

I don't know what it will be, but I do have a very strong feeling that this Luke we see will be a lot closer to the worn out, reclusive OT mentor types like Obi-Wan and Yoda than he will be to the proud and influential Jedi masters of the PT.

SithLord_1270 and Vib3s like this.
  13. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Luke kills Han Leia kills Luke Mara kills Leia you see this chain of events total galaxy & family meltdown.

14. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I really hope Luke doesn't kill Han. That's one rumour I definitely want to be false.

15. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Why would Luke kill Han I think the only reason was if he ever betrayed or said something about Mara Jade.

16. Afro the Hutt

Afro the Hutt Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    Ok so we know most of the inner core worlds were at one point part of the Republic which was taken over by Palpatine and which he disbanded the senate and but his governors in control of their sectors. The Rebellion is a number of systems in the outer rim planets and freedom fighters from across the galaxy, I think it would be safe to assume a number of these systems were the remainder of the Seperatist planets who's leaders were murdered off by Anakin who believes he was ending the cone wars. What does this have to do with Luke well I am getting to all of that.

We have seen 3 of our heroes tap into something they probably shouldn't when facing a Sith opponent, anger or rage. 1st was Obi Wan when he defeated Darth Maul when his master was slain in TPM, 2nd Anakin the second time he met Dooku over Coruscant remembering what he did to him the previous time also with a little push from Palpy telling him to kill him. Luke on the Death Star 2.0 when he was told they will go after his sister and chopping off Vaders hand.

Now with that all said is it really unlikely Luke may not be tempted to tap those dark side powers much like someone said he did at the beginning of RToJ. in order to actually end the war that is still going on even after Vader and Palpy are gone? In his mind he is just using the force to help end the war. How many people in the Galaxy really trust the Jedi at all after they supposedly commissioned the Clone Army, lead that said army into war, which if you really think about it really carried over into the Galatic rebellion whom I am sure a lot of people on that side may believe the Jedi were still somewhat responsible for helping put Palpatine into power. Which side can Luke really sit on safely without prejudices of a generation past coming back to haunt him?

Mind you we all know he really never completed training he best left to sit in exile somewhere and try to piece back together the knowledge of the Jedi and learn as much as he can while at the same time looking for other former Jedi or force sensatives and protect them from the remnants of the empire who were hunting them down. Does he encounter something he cannot handle unless tapping further into that dark side, possibly. Does he come back at somepoint yes probably due to a disturbance in the force something like Leia being tormented by some event which snaps him back into reality that there is good him but is also afraid that this evil is in there too which may not awaken the force until he "no pun-intended" is forced to do so to protect those he cares about.

Sorry this was from the hip and I kind of ran out of time.

17. __darthtriel__

__darthtriel__ Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    Luke has seen the power the force holds to destroy. I don't think even his devotion to the light, and its ability to heal, would allow him to train a new generation. He knows how easy it is to be lured in to the dark side. I could see him denouncing the religion, the responsibility and the power. He is the last Jedi, and if I were him, I'd keep it that way. Find a cave somewhere and take up fishing.

SithLord_1270 likes this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Unlike seemingly a lot of people here I rather hope to see Luke go Dark. Show Luke is just as Human and flawed as his father. Show him struggle to find redemption. Yes, he made the 'right' choices in VI but his motives weren't entirely sound nor were his approaches just like his Papa. He's arrogant like him too. Have Luke fall or back off in the shadows some how then cause him to reemerge by gaining new insight regarding service and selflessness. Luke isn't infallible and I don't take RotJ as saying he can't be swayed.

Adaven likes this.
  19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    So in which scenes did you see Luke as arrogant as Anakin? Maybe we saw 2 different OT movies. For me Obi Wan (with all his lies) was much more arrogant than Luke and Anakin together. [face_dunno]

Regarding several rumours he has no children etc., so who should redeem him in case he would fall? [face_dunno]

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Clearly we see characters differently, that's fine. :) I saw same films everyone else did such language is faulty. It is perception that varies not essence of film.

Who said it had to be Luke's child to begin with? :)

21. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I got it! The movie opens with a blistering hot day on Tattooinewesee 2 Jawas wrestling with a tusken raider they are. Rolling around in the sand. Suddenly we hear a snap his ofa Lightsaber igniting. Both look up to sea bearded gfizzled Luke. he squintsdownatthem and says,"get theHell off my lawn!"

22. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know what's up with so many people wanting Luke to go Darth all the sudden. It's not in his character. The man who saved the Galaxy, redeemed his father and happened to be the childhood hero of so many fans isn't going to the Dark side. No that's not him with the weird Lightsaber in the teaser either.
    It ain't going down like that. Unless you want a mob of angry fans howling for JJ's blood no way is this movie going that route.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I don´t know why people are still talking about Luke turning to Dark Side. That isn´t in much of the rumours. Instead they are suggesting that he is going crazy from the Force overdose and he actually wants to prevent his own possible seduction.

24. Darth_Navarre

Darth_Navarre Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2014
    Has anybody here considered the possibility that the "crazy-eyed", bearded, insane-looking, hermit Luke that is rumoured to appear in the second/third act might in fact be a "trick" ala Yoda's tedious testing of Luke's patience in "The Empire Strikes Back" (e.g. eating Luke's food, fighting with Artoo, bumbling around)?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of Luke being "unstable" and wild. I just think it's possible that he could be doing this to ensure that anyone who is seeking him out for the wrong reasons (e.g. to become a powerful warrior, etc) will be deterred by his hobo-like behaviour and leave.

25. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah maybe he'll see a vision of what he might have become but it'll be a dream sequence or some illusion.
    Save the evil Luke crap for the fan fiction. I as well as the majority of fans probably want Luke to be Luke only older. He's a good guy.

Force Smuggler likes this.