main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chebeh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke could get so powerful, that he withdraws from the galaxy like The Ones. But Disney seem keen to bury TCW. So I doubt it.

2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Dra--- likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Not buying this report then? Or just don't want it to be true? Or both?

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If somehow true, it is the shoddiest bit of filmmaking choices I have ever encountered. And, I watch Ed Wood films.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If we do get Darth Luke then I demand it just be Mark Hamill acting like a twisted combination of his joker and Heath Ledger's. IDKY...but I would find that incredibally amusing in an evil way [face_devil]

7. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
  8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I wonder if JJ is secretly releasing all these rumors just to **** with us.

Jobertus, Darth_Pevra, Seeher and 4 others like this.
  9. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I'll tell myself that to pretend I haven't been spoiled ;)

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

There is that too. Either way, if it's true, there are 3 movies for it to play out. I hate the idea, but i am willing to see how it goes IF that is how it goes.

Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    if Luke is evil, who will train the new kids?:confused:

12. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    He will train the kids to be....evil [face_devil]

13. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

[​IMG]

Dak Oolron, Lord Tuvitor and Seeher like this.
  14. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    You know what bothers me about this photo? Even in the real world, JJ overdoes the lens flair.

15. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm getting stressed out just thinking about the fan reaction if this ends up being true.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Lucas bothered to spend 3 entire films showing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and Luke's will happen between films. Brilliant.

17. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd say don't worry, be happy. But...

18. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Ezra and K'naan:p

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    There have been reports in the last day of the Emperor & also MvS's character being the cyborg. So we have to take this with a grain of salt.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    What reports about the Emperor?

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd rather have Jar Jar as a roomate than Luke turn to the dark side. The entire point of Luke is that nothing can turn him to the dark side and that the apple can fall far from the tree. If dark Luke doesn't undermine the OT, I have no clue what would.

23. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LUKE: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sister has it.

Years later....

MASTER LEIA: Alas, my brother has turned to the dark side. It now falls to me to bring back the Jedi Order!

DARTH LUKE: Aw dammit. I kinda kicked myself in the robe back there.... :oops:

Dak Oolron and starocean90 like this.
  24. Kslesb

Kslesb Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2014
    I actually really like the idea of Luke turning to the Dark Side. I think it's the only appealing turn for this story, you really have to push hard to find some natural antagonist, with Vader, the Emporer and almost all of the remenents disabled. It's Luke's natural arch, for him to be seduced by the dark side. Think about Anakin fighting Dooku in the opening scene of Revenge. Palatine sitting in the throne chair overlooking the battle going on behind him. He pushes Anakin over the edge and he kills Dooku. That's very similar to the Luke/Vader/Sidius scene at the end of RTJ. I believe that we saw Luke's first steps into the Dark side and it has continued over 30 years leading up to Episode VII. I think the story in Episode VII, Episode VIII & Episode IX will revolve around the redemption of Luke Skywalker and possibly the end of the Skywalker bloodline.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The problem with that idea is that the whole purpose of that scene in ROTJ was to show that Luke rejects the darkside. He's ready to face death in favour of ever turning dark. While people can change over time, and sometimes trying to do good can also lead you to ending up being evil, having Luke go dark would significantly weaken ROTJ. If you had to get him out of the way because he would be too strong for any enemy, I'd much prefer him to go into exile because he's wary of overusing his power, instead of actually turning to the darkside.

darklordoftech likes this.