main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Malak's stats?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MasterKazur, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Whats the deal with his stats?
    Some obvious errors have bothered me since I first saw these stats?

Is he suppose to be level 18 or 20?
    Either one presents mistakes in his stats.

Fx: He is a Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 9... This would give him a base attack of +20, and since he has a strength score of 20, his lightsaber attack bonus would be +25/+20/+15/+10... But it's not.
    It's 2 below: +23/+18/+13/+8 indicating that he is a level 18.
    He ranged attack is also only +20/+15/+10/+5 dispite his Dexterity score being 14.

He also seems to have very few Vitality Points dispite being leveel 20. 158... Exar Kun has that exact number and is only level 17 and they have the same Constitution modifier.
    And Palpatine who has Noble levels and a lower Constitution score has 173.

And this Enhanced Force Powers thing. His Force powers are supposed to be out of proportion with his class and level dispite the fact while having 3 Force User levels more than Palpatine his total skill modifiers in Force Skills (add them all together) doesn't even come close to Palpatine.

Now the rest of his stats like Defense, Saving Throws ect. all match up to him being level 20, but something is definately wrong.
    Where do you think the error is?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    where are his stats and i'll have a ponder?

Could part of it be from where he's called on the dark side and failed, and therefore had a reduction in an attribute? (even though these obviously aren't shown in his stats). Or from using two lightsabers or using it one handed?

I know these are just things that would mean its something you've simply overlooked, but i honestly don't know why they could be, unless they were just stuffed up by wotc.

3. Lord_Trandoshan

Lord_Trandoshan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Yeah. Where did you find Malak's stats? o_O

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    At WotC's. Surf through their 'Expanded Universe' archives and you should find it.

5. Lord_Trandoshan

Lord_Trandoshan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
  6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    take away the 24 he gets for enhanced force powers, and Malak averages 9.36 skill points a level :oops: (i took 20 off the total [4+int mod]x4 and divided by 19)

So even then, there's a problem with those too.

I'd say the attack bonus and defence is something to do with his DR, ie; the max dex bonus.

7. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    yeah i had issues with his stats as well. I'm working on revising his stats. I'm like half way done with them. I'll go finish them up now.

8. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Darth Malak: Male Human Jedi Guardian 8/Sith Warrior 3/Sith Lord 9: Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 26 (+2 Dex, +14 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 170/16; Atk +27/+22/+18/+13 melee (7d8 +4/ 19-20, lightsaber) or +25/+20/+15/+10 melee (2d6 +7/19-20, ancient mastercraft Sith sword), +23/+18/+13/+8 ranged; SQ: DR 5, deflect (defense +2, attack ?3, extended defense and attack), exceptional minions, resource access; SV Fort +18, Ref +17, Will +15; SZ M; FP 11; DSP 35; Rep +6; Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 16. Challenge Code I.

Equipment: Lightsaber, ancient mastercraft Sith sword (damage +3), Dark Armor.

Skills: Balance +7, Craft (lightsabre) +8 Intimidate +19, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +6, Knowledge (Sith lore) +14, Pilot +11, Sense Motive +5, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith*, Speak Basic, Speak Sith*.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +9, Alchemy +7, Control Mind +14, Drain Knowledge +5, Battlemind +12, Enhance Ability +10, Fear +15, Force Defense +15, Force Grip +18, Force Lightning +17, Force Strike +10, Move Object +15, See Force +10, Telepathy +10.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sith sword), Force-Sensitive, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Weapon focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dark Power, Drain Force, Force Mind, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolent, Master Defense, Mettle, Rage, Sense, Sith Sorcery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.