main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul: Apprentice- Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth Formidious, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Off to FanFilms

3. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    That was fantastic! Amazing camerawork and fight choreography.As far as im concerned this story was canon!

Why couldnt TFA be as good as this with their huge budget? That final Kylo/Rey duel looks REALLY poor now compared to what this fan film managed.

Sitara likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Finally got around to watching this after having heard so much about it - I liked it. I liked a lot!
    The effects were pretty decent, but nothing spectacular, the acting was pretty good, the cinematography ranged between "good" and "****ing awesome!", and the choreography was quite possibly the best I've ever seen in a fan film!
    My favorite part was the Spaghetti Western standoff at the end before the last part of the duel - wonderfully shot, scored and edited!

I'll certainly watch this many more times in the future.

5. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I thought it was great. The making of really shows they put some money into this.

Its nice to see a light saber fight where they are actually swinging with intent.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I really enjoyed this one - makeup for Maul was spot on, and although at times there were some dips in the combat, it was very solid. Only complaint was Sidious voice, but the hologram looks great and they were working with what they had.

Solid 9/10

7. Funbox

Funbox Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    This was absolutely astounding, better than the fight choreography than in TFA!

What on earth are Di$ney and Luca$film doing, when here we have people who can make more enjoyable films than them. WIth al the billions of dollars behind them, Di$ney have taken us all for a ride with that underwhelming peice TFA.

I'd suggest the following action plan for Lucasfilm, if they still have any creativity in them:

- Di$ney and Luca$film to start talks with the makers of this film, with the view to making it canon in the form of a feature length film set just before the events of TPM. This would justifiably bring back Darth Maul with his own film and be credible in terms of canon. The makers of thsi got it just right as the Jedi did not inform the Council that they discovered Maul.
    - Di$ney and Luca$film to meet with the director and bring him in.
    - Kasdan, Kennedy, Hidalgo, Abrams and the others ot get off their high horses and reach out to these people.

Rian Johnson - are you watching?!