main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul - - By far the coolest villian

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Qui-won_Jinobi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-won_Jinobi

Qui-won_Jinobi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Im trying to get you guys to think outside the box, Im saying they COULD have developed his personality more. They made him such a badass the way it was allready, imagine what they COULD have done had they given him more lines and a bigger part instead of just killing him off. And everyone always says well he couldnt have erased Kamino and he couldnt have organized the sepratist movement, but what i think everyone is overlooking is that Dooku didnt do those things either, it was all Palpetine.

2. point5pastlightspeed

point5pastlightspeed Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2004
    Darth Maul is okay, but I like just about every other major villain in the series more than him. I view him as a disposable character who was only included in the movie so that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have someone to fight at the end.

3. DarthTrump

DarthTrump Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    I also agree that maul was the best bad guy in the Prequels

4. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Darth Maul was an awsome villian, though no where near sidious. I keep hearing again and again how people want more dialouge for Maul. I thought it was a genious stroke by Lucas to keep maul's dialouge to the bare minimum. Firstly if you notice, he only speaks to one person, his master. Second, having no dialouge makes him appear less like a person and more like a creature of darkness and shadow. He becomes less human-like in a way. Plus I think back to the scene right before Obi-wan kills him when he's hanging over the edge in the melting pit. Maul keeps striking the ground, taunting him. I think to myself, he's a villian so...he's monolouging...but he's not really? How bad ass is that.

5. JediVincent

JediVincent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm not saying he's the best, but an interesting villian is Jango Fett. He's not pure evil like the Sith, he just wants to make his way. He gives his life to the trade, but in creating his clone in Boba, you can see he has conflciting viewpoints going on inside. Also, if you read the book of AOTC, it talks about how he knew he couldn't beat Mace, so he had to have had honor going into battle. Even more is said about him in the book 'The Cestus Deception.' He's actually 1 of the more complicated characters in Star Wars. As for Mual, nah. He kicks ass, but literally has 1 line, and gets killed by a padawan.

6. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Here it goes:

Maul :cool:
    Grevious :D
    Vader :cool:
    Dooku :)

Good Stuff

7. DarthFagan

DarthFagan Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Do you know where I might be able to find a pirate copy.

8. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Maul was all eye-candy. Vader's the deepest and coolest of all villians.

9. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Maul was teh sux...

Or... Yeah, I hate maul...

10. 7thWheel

7thWheel Jedi Master star 1

May 29, 2005
    Maul is like Boba Fett in the OT in a lot of respects. Neither one of them did much but because of how cool they look they get Bad Ass status. Think about it. What did Boba do that warrented him the status that the fans give him. He tracks the Falcon, shoots at Luke a few times and than plays Jabba the Hutts Fed Ex guy by delevering Capt. Solo. After that he gets accidentally knocked into the Sarlac Pitt..... Oh he's Such a badass!!!

Now lets look at Maul. He was on every mag cover when TPM came out and he had a double lightsaber that was shown in the trailer so everyone freaked about the guy but what did he do in the film. He is first revealed as a Hologram.(Compare that to Vaders first scene stepping over dead rebels and choking ship captians 3 feet off the floor) He than goes to Tattoine and sends his floating bowling balls out to do his dirty work. How kick ass would it have been to see him rough up a few junk traders to track the jedi down but no, I will just use my robot bowling balls to scout around. Than he fights the jedi and I will admit it is a kick ass fight but where was the trash talking? Vaders fights are so awesome because he is verbally putting down his opponents as he is slapping them around. Maul stays mute. The other negative is that he gets cut in two by a Jedi padawan (although I will admit that it was far more than your average padawan. Give Obi Wan the props where props are deserved. He was the first Jedi to kill a sith lord in more than 1000 years). Sorry but the best Star Wars villian is was and always will be Lord Vader.

11. Kenobis_Babe

Kenobis_Babe Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    He was certainly the coolest looking, but outside of that..meh. Dooku was a more convincing villian and he was smart enough to lead a Separatist movement. He lasted a lot longer, appearing in two movies and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.