main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    And therefore we have proven Darth Maul is in fact Darth Plaguise!
    Cause everything we just said pertains to Maul right?

2. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Nonsense! Everybody knows that Maul is the secret bastard of Plagueis and Talzin, and the secret brother of Padme, who is the secret daughter of Talzin and Palpatine. Because Talzin got around. A lot.

Canyon D likes this.
  3. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Talzin was a women though 0.0

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hence why she can give birth to Padme and Maul, duh.

5. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    It seems like it was worded to say Talzin is Padme's brother.

6. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    It would be nearly difficult, maybe even impossible. The Force kind of "speaks" to you, ya know? Besides, it's not like a Jedi or a Sith woke up one day with all the knowledge of Force jumps and lightsaber skills. ;)

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Maul will be the one to tell the Ghost Crew that Palpatine = Sidious and is behind the Invasion of Naboo and the Clone Wars.

8. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    So, Vader vs. Maul, right? Does anyone else think this needs to happen?

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Highly unlikely,

10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Wouldn't the Jedi be aware that Sidious and Palpatine are one in the same in this era? Maul may mention it's his former master, but the Jedi should be aware, as Windu and other members of the Council went to arrest him. It's also possible Obi-wan put that information in the transmission that warned Jedi to stay away from the Temple.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    According to ROTS, apparently not. Yes it makes Obi Wan and Yoda look like fools, but there you go. Plus, Sheev could have easily altered them (or erased them completely) after the Jedi Temple fell.

As for Windu and co, I've heard (but don't quote me on this) that there's some kind of expanded material that states that Sheev selectively edited his office's security footage to make it look like The Jedi just flat-out tried to assassinate him for no good reason (which is how he sold his "lets call them all" plan to the Senate later on). Still a bit flimsy, but more than what the movie gives us.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I never understood that in RoTS, Windu kept talking about how the dark side surrounds the Chancellor (think Yoda mentions it in TCW); the Council, for whatever reason, was incapable of putting two and two together.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They couldn't see the woods for the trees?

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As far as we know, the only Jedi who found that Palpatine is Sidious are Windu, Fisto, Tiin, Kolar, Kenobi, and Yoda. All the Jedi lost contact with each other after Order 66, so unless the transmission said something, how would they know that Palpatine is Sidious?

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yoda and Kenobi know of course.

16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011

I think that was in the ROTS novel.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup:

[the following is a transcript of an audio recording presented before the Galactic Senate on the afternoon of the first Empire Day; identities of all speakers verified and confirmed by voiceprint analysis]
    PALPATINE: Why, Master Windu. What a pleasant surprise.
    MACE WINDU: Hardly a surprise, Chancellor. And it will be pleasant for neither of us.
    PALPATINE: I'm sorry? Master Fisto, hello. Master Kolar, greetings. I trust you are well. Master Tiin—I see your horn has regrown; I'm very glad. What brings four Jedi Masters to my office at this hour?
    MACE WINDU: We know who you are. What you are. We are here to take you into custody.
    PALPATINE: I beg your pardon? What I am? When last I checked, I was Supreme Chancellor of the Republic you are sworn to serve. I hope I misunderstand what you mean by custody, Master Windu. It smacks of treason.
    MACE WINDU: You're under arrest.
    PALPATINE: Really, Master Windu, you cannot be serious. On what charge?
    MACE WINDU: You're a Sith Lord!
    PALPATINE: Am I? Even if true, that's hardly a crime. My philosophical outlook is a personal matter. In fact— the last time I read the Constitution, anyway—we have very strict laws against this type of persecution. So I ask you again: what is my alleged crime? How do you expect to justify your mutiny before the Senate? Or do you intend to arrest the Senate as well?
    MACE WINDU: We're not here to argue with you.
    PALPATINE: No, you're here to imprison me without trial. Without even the pretense of legality. So this is the plan, at last: the Jedi are taking over the Republic.
    MACE WINDU: Come with us. Now.
    PALPATINE: I shall do no such thing. If you intend to murder me, you can do so right here.
    MACE WINDU: Don't try to resist.
    [sounds that have been identified by frequency resonances to be the ignition of several lightsabers]
    PALPATINE: Resist? How could I possibly resist? This is murder, you Jedi traitors! How can I be any threat to you? Master Tiin—you're the telepath. What am I thinking right now?
    [sounds of scuffle]
    KIT FISTO: Saesee—
    AGEN KOLAR: [garbled; possibly "It doesn't hurt"(?)]
    [sounds of scuffle]
    PALPATINE: Help! Help! Security—someone! Help me! Murder! Treason!
    [recording ends]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  18. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    All I hope for is a proper ending to mauls story.. how ever that might be.......

I would not mind seeing the dark horse comic story where kenobi and maul fight it out one last time with Uncle Lars shooting maul in the head.......

rumsmuggler likes this.
  19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    To me, if I were planning to arrest the Supreme Chancellor, I'd disseminate that information to the rest of the Council at the very least, if not put the entire Temple on alert. Perhaps its just a series of poor decisions amongst the Jedi, or bad writing. By the OT era, a number of people must realize that if Vader is a Sith Lord, surely his master must be as well. Vader isn't ruling the galaxy, so a more powerful Sith must be calling the shots. Maul could help expose this.

TaradosGon and La Calavera like this.
  20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    To the Galaxy at large the concept of Sith Lords just doesn't matter. They know Vader has the mojo and answers to the Emperor. That is it. The Rebellion is not about defeating the Sith and restoring the Jedi Order. It is about having a throw the bums out party for Palpatine and his henchmen.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Even though the Alliance like to throw around "may the Force be with you" in the OT, Filioni said majority of the rebels know nothing about the Jedi or have no idea Luke is even one.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It seemed to me that Windu made the mistake of arresting Palpatine without explaining why to the public, which gave Palpatine the oppertunity to make it look like Windu attempted a coup.
    There's no reason that Vader couldn't be the master as far as those not in the know are aware, and if Vader does have a master, it could be a separate person from the Emperor (early ANH screenplays outright state that Vader has a master who is a separate person from the Emperor).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Eh. In TCW/the prequels it mattered that there could only be two Sith, and there always were two Sith, at any given time. So Maul is a Sith, but they don't know if he's the master or apprentice, then Dooku crops up as a Sith while Maul is believed to be dead, Dooku speaks of Sidious, but then Yoda says that Dooku could be lying, then Maul crops back up. Ahsoka calls Asajj a Sith at one point, Obi-Wan calls Son a Sith, there's a preoccupation with finding out who the Sith are before it's too late.

In Rebels there seems to be no preoccupation with the Sith at all. Kanan had no intention of even revealing himself to be a Jedi at first. And then the Inquisitor got involved. But in Siege of Lothal, Kanan states that he has no interest in joining their cause, and he was more interested in playing Robin Hood than going to war against the Empire.

When Vader shows up, Kanan can clearly sense something different about him and peg him as a Sith, but since then, again, there seems to be little focus on eliminating the Sith, or identifying the Sith. I'm not sure Kanan knows nor cares who the second Sith is. The Emperor, to my knowledge, hasn't been discussed at all by the heroes. The Empire is bad, it's something that Kanan and the heroes opposed, but it seemed like they wanted to help make the lives of people better, but had no ambition of actually toppling the Empire.

And even currently in the series, they seem to just have the goal of helping the Rebels establish a base by which they can do some good. But there hasn't been any grand designs of going to war that have been put on the table yet. It's going to build to that, I'm sure. Especially when these cells organize into the Alliance proper.

But while Kanan and Ezra definitely fear Vader and are no match for him. I think they only seek to avoid him (and the Inquisitors), I don't think they have any plan to really fight them and take them out.

The Emperor is so far up that ladder, protected by Inquisitors, fleets, people like Kallus, Vader, etc. he's probably not even discussed because he's more-or-less untouchable.

I do believe that it is just horrible writing and a huge oversight by Lucas that Mace, etc. would not have notified the rest of the Jedi. Because if real people were put in a similar situation where they faced wholesale slaughter, I'm sure they'd warn each other. But in the message that Kanan has of Obi-Wan's warning, there is no mention that the Emperor is a Sith. Only mention that the Jedi Order has fallen, to be replaced by the Empire.

Kanan seemed to have no idea who Vader was, and if he didn't know that Palpatine was a Sith, then it's entirely possible that he believes the Sith to have died with Dooku and believes Palpatine to just be an evil, non-Sith, politician.

Maul could reveal such information, but I doubt it. He could have revealed such information to the Jedi at any time during TCW to expose his master and ruin his plans, but he didn't. He doesn't seem to subscribe to the idea that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." And while he fled to Talzin for support against Palpatine and they failed, it now looks like he's gone right back to following the Sith path.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I've assumed only the Jedi Council were aware of Palpatine being a Sith Lord. As for Kanan, it is becoming quite clear his knowledge is quite limited; I doubt he and his master were ever involved in high priority missions during the Clone Wars.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Even so. Yoda has communicated with both Kanan and Ezra, and it's just painfully bad writing (IMO) that he is neglecting to mention such things. He gives Kanan his blessing to train Ezra, and he seems to give his approval to Ezra for pursuing the Jedi path, but he never once is like "The Emperor is a Sith, don't underestimate him?"

I get that they are trying to follow the tone and feel of the OT in regards to Palpatine, making him a shadowy figure that is seldom mentioned (and even when he speaks to Vader, we don't even see him), but such creative decisions I feel are made without proper thought. Because Lucas somewhere down the line made the decision to write ROTS, such that Anakin warns nobody but Mace, Saesee, Kit, and Agen about Palpatine, and then those Jedi warn nobody else. Now they've established Yoda as having established contact with Kanan and Ezra, and still he doesn't do anything other than really question their motives, he doesn't give them the slightest guidance about what they are up against.

It's really terrible writing, IMO.

Same with Obi-Wan, in his warning, not actually giving any details other than that the Jedi had fallen. That the government can't be trusted because Palpatine is a Sith Lord is kind of a huge deal, and something that I feel is phenomenally stupid for Obi-Wan to omit. It was one thing when I thought that the beacon in ROTS was merely just an automated message to stay away, but when it's shown that Obi-Wan sent out a personal recording and he skips over some HUGE, HUGE detail like that, I feel like it reflects careless writing. Things that could have been avoided by not including Obi-Wan's message, and not including Yoda (i.e. forcing characters into the series just because they are familiar faces).