main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I was excited, I saw the episode and now I'm even more excited!

I love all the things about Maul in this episode : the discovery of the wrecked cargo ship, the implication of a huge fight, the fact that Hera is already captive when they contact the Ghost, the reveal that Maul is behind it, the way he figures out that the Ghost is a home for those characters, the "reveal" of his telepathic powers, how he completely outclasses the Ghost crew despite their very sound ambush (although I will never understand why characters with guns run towards Jedi or Sith like that), his discussion with Ezra, etc. Loved it all. And of course the "He lives!" at the end, even if I can't help but be disappointed about the most obvious implication, because I believed he was done with Obi-Wan after he killed Satine.

Also, I believe that Zeb's angry, sarcastic, "You're looking to move in?" is going to turn out to be ironic later on.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    how will it be ironic?

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He faced Kenobi in SOD, but dismissed him as he did not consider him a worthy fight at that point in time as he was done with him, he instead chose to fight two other powerful Jedi, Mace Windu and Secura to whom he considered a fair fight. Tyranus fought Kenobi and the Jedi twin.
    Kenobi did not really have a direct hand in Mandalore, Ahsoka did, but Maul did not seem very insanely fierce against her. So not quite a clear narrative. While in some way, it may be unfinished business between the two, why would Maul bother with Kenobi almost 20 years later and like 30 years passed since Naboo. I know Maul is near insane on this show, but its still stupid writing if thats the case once have to suspect he wants to kill Kenobi or he wants Kenobi to kill him,lol.

Maul's hope was that Kenobi was still alive haha I don't know if buy that but with these writers its possible of course.

My opinion right now is that he's referring to Jinn, and Maul is seeking immortality , something beyond oblivion which was all that he saw since he's a trained Sith - and a way to bring back the dead. His love for his brother seems to be more fueling his drive, rather than a way to destroy the Sith which was Ezra's drive. Maul left the holocrons there on the floor so he's definitely driven by something more important and he must have all the knowledge and training he needs if he cares not for the Sith holocron anymore. He sped right out've there while everyone else was on the ground, he could've killed them. Something has him excited and driven.

Maul wiped out a whole armed Rebel cruiser's crew and captured The Ghost crew(he does it twice a second them when they escape), unfortunately we did not get to witness the pre-credit action. Its good that Maul does not need Stormtroopers, just his lightsaber and skills. Best parts though for me, was how he figured the ship was their home and his tour of the ship and dark humor even when he orders those silly droids or pushes Kanan into the airlock(am wondering if Hera gave him the idea,lol).

4. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Maul will actually move in.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Has anyone considered that Ezra did not say two suns but two SONS ?

7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Maul probably has limited psychometric powers, related to his telepathic powers as well.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's "Twin Suns" in the subtitles.

cwustudent and Erkan12 like this.
  9. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I think Maul's (what i tend to call) "Sideshow Bob" days have come and gone. You know, keep coming back carrying a crazy obsession with one particular person in the hopes of killing that character for revenge.

If the writers ever intent to conclude his story, i just don't see yet another rematch coming. Probably because his priorities may have changed to bigger goals quite a bit during all that time. I doubt that was the sole reason he went to Malachor either.

What he means is with "he lives" is anyones guess.

10. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Nothing to do with psychometric powers, he just realizes that nobody would decorate a simple mean of transport like that.

Maul's last laugh was really reminiscent of Maul when Savage first found him, a disturbing mash between laughing and sobbing.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you think it means anything?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've wondered for a while if Maul's restored sanity could wear off since it was brought on by magick, and once Savage died he reverted back to his pre-transformed state (with a now comically oversized cybernetic arm).

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    If he saw Obi-Wan and then spends the rest of the season trying to find him in order to "settle the score", then I would say that it was definitely foreshadowing and that Maul's sanity is going back to its Spider-Maul days.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But why would it go back? to insane.

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Heh, why would Maul want ''settle the score'' ? He could already kill Obi-Wan when he killed Satine, but he didn't.

He claims that Obi-Wan would cut him in half again, not happening without the help of catching him off-guard though ...

16. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't believe he wants to, no, but if it turns out to be what the Rebels team has him do, then that laugh will count as foreshadowing.

17. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Eh, Maul already had his revenge against Obi-Wan when he killed Satine. Obi-Wan didn't kill Maul, but he made him suffer...Maul has now subjected Obi-Wan to great suffering. He has settled the scores.

18. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    "Okay Maul, you can sleep on the couch in the Lounge".

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    "Maul are you trying to kill Kanan again?"

MandoArtist likes this.
  20. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    "Maul, stop trying to steal Sabine's saber"
    "It was mine first!"

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    "Oh Maul" (Unseen laughter)

22. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    "That's it, Maul, you're on a time out! Go to your room, now!"
    "But Heraaaaaa!"
    "I SAID NOW MISTER!"

revan772 and MandoArtist like this.
  23. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, in that theory of mine, Maul's slipping sanity leads him to believe that putting Obi-Wan through "hell on earth" wasn't enough, and that he needs to put him in hell period. Anyone who's read RurĂ´ni Kenshin will get that reference.

EDIT : I still don't want "He lives!" to refer to Kenobi, but Maul's card from DisneyXD really doesn't make it easy to believe it :

[​IMG]

Note in particular the mentions of a "decades-long thirst for revenge that risks clouding his sanity" (I really think I'm on the mark here, see the previous discussion) and of "old wounds" that Maul hopes to heal by "completing a task he should have done years ago". In the context of this episode, this just screams of a rematch between Maul and Kenobi.

Of course, it could just be a massive red-herring meant to put fans on a wrong path, making us believe they're going for massive fan-service while having something completely different in mind.

Zillobeast and revan772 like this.
  24. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    This makes me sad. I really do not want to see Maul vs Kenobi... but I know it is coming. :/

25. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    So the person who Maul is excited about finding is likely Kenobi. Maul might have assumed Kenobi dead due to Order 66, and now he finds out he is mistaken. I don't want to see Maul go to Tatooine as that would mean the Ghost Crew would go there too. It's just too illogical to have the Ghost Crew on the same planet as Luke during this time.
    Perhaps Qui-Gon could tell Obi-Wan that Maul is coming after him, and tell Obi-Wan to go offworld to face Maul. Qui-Gon would promise to watch 17-year-old Luke while Obi-Wan takes care of business. What better planet for Maul and Obi-Wan to face off than Geonosis? After all, it is less than a parsec away from Tatooine and it's native population is all but wiped out.