main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    It's actually Duel of the Fates.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I'm surprised he still has it in his arsenal.

3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    So Wookiepedia has the episode article that Maul was last featured in, and they say he is talking about Kenobi. Has this been confirmed, or are they just speculating?

(I know it is probably Kenobi but since it has not been confirmed I am holding out hope it is not him.)

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They are breaking Wookeepidia protocol and thus it should be removed because it has not been confirmed.

Erkan12 and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    It's hinted to be Kenobi. It's almost certainly going to be Kenobi. But it's not confirmed as being Kenobi. I hope it is though. James A. Taylor doing an impression of Ewan McGregor doing an impression of Alec McGuinness is sorely missed since TCW ended, by me anyway, and now Maul's back, they can't really NOT have him and Kenobi cross paths eventually, though maybe not in Rebels proper. Possibly give their feud an actual proper definitive end now though since we're so close to the OT era when Maul really ought to be gone.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean he has been imitating Ewan for a long time. :p

7. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    I really wanted Vader to be the one to finally cut down and end Maul for good. A shame he's basically has ZERO proper kills as a jedi/sith killer since we've seen nothing but the slaughtering of younglings in ROTS... A VADER/MAUL confrontation has been talked about since he first made an apperance in Phantom Menace in the 90s. Trudging Kenobi out of the backwater hole for this seems anti-climatic.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It would also be cool to have Anakin/Vader kill every single Sith from TPM to ROTJ.

3 Sith Lords is a pretty good record.

9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I like the poetry of that, too, with respect to the Chosen One prophecy. I'm not really understanding why so many people are concerned that "he" might be Obi-wan; I don't think, even if that were true, that implies that the story must end there, Old Wounds style. Maul could simply know who Vader used to be, and seek out Obi-wan's knowledge of Anakin/Vader, in hopes of learning a weakness he could turn to his advantage. Anything to give him hope that he might be the victorious one in that difficult conflict. The more sensible thing for Maul to do would be to avoid Vader and the Empire, but Pablo said in Recon that Maul was gathering up assets and resources; I doubt he'd feel the need for any of that if the primary conflict were with Obi-wan.

Maul does, however, strike me as a person who finds comfort in conflict. As far back as he can remember, his identity has been that of a combatant, always in a fight or wanting to be in a fight with someone. With respect to him and Vader, I'm reminded of the scene from Avatar the Last Airbender when the Fire Nation sailors are questioning Prince Zuko's unhealthy obsession with seeking the Avatar. Uncle Iroh explains to them that the quest, though futile, gives the young man hope, and an illusory sense of purpose. It's a bit sad when one's sense of self-worth hinges on a fight that cannot be won, but, for me, that seems to fit for Maul's path.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Kenobi/Maul bores me. Can't they do something different this time around? I don't want him taken out by some dumb kid (Ezra Bridger) but c'mon. Even a non-force sensitive would do if it's a Boba Fett calibre type of person.

11. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Children watching the PT who go to watch the OT often are confused about why, in the OT, Vader and Kenobi fight like stiff old men

I believe Filoni is attempting to explains this by having Vader and Kenobi sustain injuries prior to their battle in ANH.

Events taking place in Rebels and Rogue One, occupy the same approximate time frame, Kenobi is injured by Darth Maul and Vader from Ahsoka.

In Rogue One the Imperial guards are guarding a Bacta Tank, it is my guess that Vader is in the tank possibly as a result of Ahsoka or injuries from another battle prior to Rogue One.

It is less likely Vader sustains an injury in Rogue One rather than causing them, as events in Rogue One end 15 minutes before ANH.

So a kid watching Rebels and RO will have an easier time accepting the OT (though I suspect they will be remade at some point)

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    How much more injured can Vader get, lets be real here. Kenobi even by his own admission was too old for that sorta adventure, he did not age well. Besides he just went through a war like what 20 years before, all his injuries had to add up. Dooku's wounds from AOTC must've left their mark on his body as well especially by advanced age. Kenobi did look twice his age and he was only in his 60's, he certainly did not look in top physical conditioning ready to do battle with a towering armored and part machine Sith Lord. Not sure how he could stop Maul unless the writers just write whatever, like maybe they have Luke help and Kenobi erases the memory,lol. Maul is a master of kendo style too, so its not like Kenobi will bog him down in a slower form and not the faster and more intense of the PT.

I don't think Maul cares who Vader is or was like Ahsoka did (or perhaps even Ezra). Maul views Vader as another Dooku, and this seems to have been the case. Maul seemed very up to date while stranded for years on Malachor so was obviously he was using the Force to keep track of galactic affairs like Sidious and the Yoda do and he probably interrogated an Inquisitor at some point . Would he combine Holocrons just to see if Vader was still alive and survived Malachor, maybe but probably not. He does not seem to share Ezra's obsession with destroying the Sith, although that is a goal they both share. With Maul not wanting to be a Sith and seeking the destruction of Sidious and all his minions, he appears to be seeking a new path and creating his own order in the process.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sabine?

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Not ideal because she's also a kid, but a lot better than Ezra.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Actually by law in almost every country she is an adult because she is 19.

It would also be cool to see Maul fall by his old blade.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

From what could be gathered is that he does not appear to recklessly toss his personal transport away. He must've used another ship to get to Malachor many years ago and another ship to attack the Hammerhead Corvette since he also had some of his droids onboard The Ghost with him . I don't think they could all fit on his captured Tie Prototype Fighter which is MIA as well. Maul located the Rebel Hammerhead Corvette and assaulted & boarded it plus captured The Ghost - its interesting also that he was able to locate the Rebels before and even better than the Rebels or Inquisitors or Vader even. Not sure why they chose to not show the pre-credits action, appears he used the Force to locate The Ghost in particular but Ezra was not onboard so his Force attunement senses are quite excellent plus his other skills and tools as a professional former Sith & trained hunter of Jedi.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Did the Corvette not have any weapons or something? he took out one the very small fleet of rebel ships and thus was one of their bigger ones mind you.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Okay? She behaves younger so I thought she was.

19. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Not entirely sure I understand your point, but yes, Maul seems to have hit the Hammerhead by his lonesome and it seems to have been unarmed.

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Am I the only one who wants Maul to be definitely dead by Kenobi's hand? Filoni took Obi-Wan's victory away, darn it, he can add it back in.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Filoni ? As far as I know, George Lucas did that.

More like, George Lucas killed Maul too soon and then he compensated that mistake with TCW.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  22. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Asking that question is generally presumptuous, but this takes it on a whole new level [face_rofl]

More seriously, no, you aren't. I personally don't think it's needed and I find some fans' obsession with having Obi-Wan be a Sith-killer rather off-putting. And don't tell me it cheapens his knighting : Maul was taken out for more than a decade as a result of Kenobi's victory at Theed and he never did as much damage as he could have had he lived that day.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I resent the notion that Obi-Wan was knighted bcs he chopped someone in half. Qui-Gon stated to the council that he was ready for knighthood.

La Calavera and Erkan12 like this.
  24. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    TFN: How does your writing process work, and what role does George Lucas play in it?

Henry: On the first 13 episodes I wrote premises with Dave that went to George for approval, he made his notes, then we went through outline and script phase and George would see the scripts when Dave and I and Catherine were happy with them, he’d make notes and the scripts would go final. On most shows, that would be the end of the writing process, but on Clone Wars, that’s about ‘the middle’ of the writing process, because once the episodes get into animatic \ story reel in editorial, Dave and George go through them, rewriting, adding and subtracting, etc... Halfway through the first season, George was so excited with what we were doing, he came in one day with an outline and handed it to me, “Turn that into a script.” It was a story called ‘Count Dooku Captured.” From then on, George got into the writing \ scripting process in a big way. On season two, ALL of the story ideas came from George, except a couple that were originally written in season one by Dave and I (& Dini). I think season three is the same way.

Dave: Writing process? Oh right, well it’s pretty much what Henry described above.

-----The Force.Net interview, December 29th, 2008.

Maul's return in Clone Wars was definitely approved by George Lucas, not sure who proposed first though.

Indeed, Qui-Gon already said that Obi-Wan was ready for being a Jedi Knight before the duel, not to mention he cheap-shotted Maul with Qui-Gon's lightsaber anyway, didn't beat him fair and square.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well you don't have my support since Obi Wan vs Maul has been done 3 or more times.

Darth_Pevra and La Calavera like this.