main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Or its because the Emperor wants Vader to be as weak as possible. To keep him tamed. The Emperor wouldn't want Vader to be stronger then him. And Vader was slow in his suit.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just a bit of Zappy Zap and Vader was done.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    True.

4. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

You're not listening, Vader can use those techs, but he can't use the Force if he uses those techs, Vader needs to use life support system and breathing apparatus, which also requires heavy armor, that's the reason why Vader isn't agile and isn't faster than regular Force users.

I don't think that's the case, Emperor wanted Anakin's Force potential, if he didn't want him to surpass himself, he would still use Dooku and kill Anakin when he could. Using a crippled Anakin and tossing out Dooku or Maul makes no sense, also it wouldn't make sense for him to use Luke, another great potential that can surpass himself.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Not a droid. Not an "it". A He, a person.

Just because he has more artificial parts then Vader, doesn't make him a droid.

While he isn't half human, he is part alien. Kaleesh to be precise.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013

Well, it was once said that it is actually a droid,

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000020/quotes

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, the NEU tells a completely different story. Palpatine definitely wants Vader to be as strong as possible which is logical because the Emperor needs Vader, not just for the Empire but also to assist him in difficult darkside research. This is made clear in the new media, especially Tarkin.

The idea that Vader's cyborg suit is outdated stems from the old legendy continuity and has no bearing on the new. We see Vader's suit changing which is probably due to upgrading components when newer and better tech becomes available.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    He was making a joke.

Also Republic forces have reference him as the "droid general".

The kit fisto and grievous lair episode, him coughing, and his demise by Kenobi all show he isn't an actual robot.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013

Show me a single living part from Grievous, he is %99 droid. Only his eyes and his blood is organic. All of his limbs, his skull, his torso is robot.

Vader still has a human torso, and a human head. Grievous doesn't have those. He is more machine than Vader, which is why his life support system is different and he can't use the Force.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    While I'm not arguing with your point, we do see some internal organs when Obi-Wan rips open his chest:

[​IMG]

11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Mmm I believe Vader is slow because at the time the OT was released there wasn´t and obsession with speed like there is now. Now being fast seems to be all that matter, but back then the "slow yet unstoppable, incredibly strong" quality was the big deal. Terminator, Predator, Robocop and The Black´s Hole Maximilian are all good examples of this in movies. Since then, the rhythm of life and technology has induced us to see fast as the best quality, so there are some problems explaining how can Vader be slow(er than others) and still be more powerful than them. The solutions are mostly retcons showing that Vader is indeed incredibly fast, but at some outdated point it was tried to be established that he was actually slow, and this was because his cybernetics. Of course, Maul with his own cybernetics (let´s not forget, he should be missing a good portion of his digestive tract, it´s not only his legs) have proven that it´s not such a factor when it comes to "slowing" a Sith down, so later retcons of Vader dealing with entire armies with ease seem to make sense.

La Calavera and Darth_Pevra like this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    TCW implied he was a cyborg because he wanted to improve his body. Did u watch the grievous lair episode? We even saw a statue of his past self. He also does have a brain. He can't use the force because he was never force sensitive. The whole coughing thing was added to his character to further show he wasn't a droid.

revan772 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or just the fact that he has easily visible eyes!

Yes, he is 90% robot, but he is still partial the living.

14. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    So let's go back to topic with this:

For there are rumors that Obi-Wan might show up in Rebels, there are several speculations about how a meeting between the two of them could turn out. Again a hit and run duel which leaves both alive. A kind of mutual understanding for Maul is not a Sithlord anymore and because he already got his revenge on Obi-Wan by killing Satine. But I don't want an animated remake of "Old Wounds", please!

Maybe he does not die at all like Boba Fett.

And when Ahsoka is really coming out to be a re-birth of The Sister of Mortis, Maul might become an embodiment of The Brother of Mortis. And thus the two of them are entwined forever - as antagonists?

Darth Dnej likes this.
  15. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    No rumors, unfortunately he says "he lives...." which is only anticipating their encounter. I only hope Kenobi kills Maul quickly and once and for all with no room for ambiguity. Maul should have been dead a long time ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth Dnej likes this.
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Vader is not fast because he is a crippled man, strapped to a life support system, whose become more machine than man.
    He's trapped in both a literal and a metaphorical prison of his own making. That is the whole point of him. All part of the tragedy of Darth Vader.

Jedi Knight Fett and Erkan12 like this.
  17. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Well, I'm sure that if it would have been up to you, Darth Maul should not even have shown up in TPM. [face_rofl]
    At least Maul in Rebels was not that disbelieving-dumbfounded as Obi-Wan in TCW, S 4, hearing that Maul had survived and still telling Yoda, "Impossible!"

When saying "He lives", Maul may just feel happy for Obi-Wan to survive Order 66. ;)

Erkan12 likes this.
  18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not looking forward to the Obi-Wan vs Maul fight as much as im looking forward to the Maul Inappropriate fanboys vs Actual Facts battle that will go on in this thread. :p

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That might be so! Their predicaments are quite similar. Maul should drop that grudge, so they can be bros.

Sudooku likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    DarthTalgus

Please do not post inappropriate remarks like that on the forums.

Erkan12 and Sudooku like this.
  21. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

That´s correct, and Obi Wan is slow because he is old. That´s the explanation they gave us later, by the times of the PT, to explain why the other Force users moved faster when fighting, but it wasn´t so in Star Wars (before it became Episode IV: A New Hope). I was talking about the moment the first film was made, when the characters simply weren´t expected to move so fast that they couldn´t be seen, or whatever. It was another kind of fighting, that was later changed in the PT, and therefore shouldn´t be judged by the same standards.

Now, I´m not saying in Ep IV Vader wasn´t supposed to have injuries. I´m saying that there wasn´t any indication that he should be moving in a lighting fast way, and that both he and Obi Wan just can´t keep up. So the point of Maul not having a problem with moving fast even if his digestive tract is something he himself made, half mad, through the force... I don´t know, to me it doesn´t make sense at all. It directly affects one´s ability to move and function properly, so if Vader is affected by his injuries, Maul should too, right? Even Maw´s solution to the same injury makes more sense to me. Of course, this is all just that, a matter of personal opinion...

Darth Marcia and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016

Not sure why anybody make this personal, or feel the urge to defend Maul. I am not against the original version of the character, I thought it was cool, I even read the prequel book to the TPM. But I do not buy any of this after life he was granted outside of the movie. GL decided to end his life by cutting him is half, and he comes back again and again and never dies. His mistake again I know, but Feloni could have ended that too.
    Star Wars characters are vulnerable, crippled, flawed, even physically. That is part of the futuristic/realistic appeal of SW, it makes this fantasy universe more real than the superhero world. But this cartoon version of Darth Maul is just something I cannot buy any more, sorry. It became a devaluated cartoon version of a character that has had appeal and resonance once. Gone.
    This my opinion. Sorry if I have unintentionally offended any Maul fans/lovers. I just want to see Maul dead. I believe this will be for the best of the star wars saga and the integrity of the collection of its characters. And really dead. Disintegrated, no body parts remaining, and no possibility of stitching him again. Ever.

23. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016

Exactly, thank you. At least they could have made Maul move like a cripple guy, his spine is probably not even complete, he has artificial hips...and those parts need to connect with his organic parts....he moves the same way he did in TPM? C'mon....

24. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    And what artificial hips has anything to do with moving fast ? Droids can't move fast now ? Flesh and bone aren't superior to metal.

I told you that Vader's artificial limbs has nothing to do with him being slow, it's his heavy armor and his life support system / breathing apparatus makes him slow, not his robotic legs.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How about We get back to Maul as a character? Anyway Do you think him finding Kenobi will happen this season or next?