main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I have to disagree. Fully intact Anakin with all of his limbs and potential was much stronger than the suited Darth Vader. We saw that in ROTS when he defeated Count Dooku so easily. Had Anakin not suffered such extensive injuries he would have become the strongest Sith Lord to ever live. Sidious even acknowledges that when he says to Yoda that "Darth Vader will become more powerful that either of us".

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    What you say makes sense indeed, and I donĀ“t want to discuss too much Vader in this Maul thread, but I just want to quote the Emperor to Vader in Darth Vader Issue 25: "All you did in the shadows is most pleasing to me. You are everything I could have hoped for". The Darth Vader comic was decipting an arc from Vader "losing" the Death Star in Episode IV to being the undisputed right hand of the Emperor in Episode V. This context must be considered when trying to understand the quotes, and the very fact that most of PalpatineĀ“s quotes have some ulterior motive should factor in too...

Darth Marcia and Darth_Pevra like this.
  3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

To be honest, he gets kicked by Dooku and failed to save his partner from a Force attack from him in RotS, only then with the temptation of Dooku's Dun Moch, Anakin was able to defeat him, not to mention Anakin's physical Djem-So style was a perfect counter for Dooku's elegant Makashi style, unlike Obi-Wan's Soresu and Ataru, so Anakin had a special style advantage over him as well.

As for Anakin's potential, yeah that's true, his potential was second to none, but potential doesn't mean anything when you judge the characters actual power levels in specific timelines. If not, TPM Anakin and ANH Luke could be a powerful fighter, and trained AotC Anakin could be invincible, but they were not. The potential is what you can become, it's not really usable in actual battles.

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think both Maul and Vader showcase how a little humility can make a Sith deadlier by giving them perspective, focus, and patience, but they also both demonstrate the Sith's tendency towards irrevocable defeats. Vader had more pure power and manuverability as Anakin, but his flaws were exasperated to the point where a purely defensive fighter could just wait for him to lose control. Maul was pure ferocity in TPM, but his arrogance, like Vader's, set him up for an easily avoidable defeat, and upon his return he more fully demonstrated his skills and education, but even now, in Rebels, he seems far more reflective and careful after losing to Palpatine.

Maul may be yet another example of how Dark Side dogmatism is just as deadly to the Sith and other dark siders as the PT Jedi's callousness. I mean, think about it: most of Maul's weaknesses are directly related to the core tenants of the Sith Code. His arrogance comes from being trained to both a) conquer an opponent while b) reveling in his superiority and feeding his confidence, his recklessness is hand in hand with the Sith desire to control the Force, and his inability to maintain any beneficial relationships outside of fear mongering comes from the Sith belief in only one's self. His arrogance and recklessness was tempered by his defeat at Obi-Wan's hands, made a resurgence upon achieving his revenge, and then finally deactivated when Palpatine followed his sadistic force signature afterwards to defeat him. And his new found desire for some kind of connection comes from him learning the pseudo-Darwinist relationship with his brother hampered what could have been an excellent partnership.[/I]

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like Maul has the ability transport himself across the stars and into Ezra's mind and is able to walk around Atollon without being there . Something we haven't really seen before and usually otherwise something similarly done with Jedi ghosts, astral projection Force illusions or holograms. Would be interesting to see how that all works. Wonder if he went through The Ghost's navigation computer while onboard for so long, so I think he knew where the Rebels were hiding for a while.

Erkan12 likes this.
  6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think this is just some version of the Force Bond - Yoda already did this kind of thing actually.

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    His mama had powers like that.

Also, there was a confusing clip from the trailer, Ezra overcoming Maul at the base. That makes more sense now.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps a variant but thats between two formal Jedi and formal master and apprentice, not the same thing. For Sidious, he needed Dooku and his blood to enter that nether realm. But I said up there, there was similar things , but this version seems more original or in any case different. *Am wondering if Maul is using his powers combined with powers of Dathomir as Talzin's craft had strange abilities as do the Sith.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Does anyone recognize that place?
    [​IMG]

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like where Talzin healed Maul on TCW. Can't tell if that fire or what Looks like Maul has possibly the turned the green colors to red since he's Force powered son of Talzin Nightbrother and former Sith Lord.

11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's part of the Dathomir fortress in Talzin's clan village, which I believe is all underground:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Talzin's_village.png

Its interesting to see Maul communicating with Ezra in the trailer - I wonder if its the same form of communication his mother used or a variation with the Force, as no spirit ichor was present when he appeared.

darklighter99 and cwustudent like this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Some of the trailer sequences they been airing since the season premiere looks like Maul is attacking Ezra in his sleep or something. Why Sabine is on Dathomir is an odd choice, guess they need to tie her to the darksaber so plot convenience. Her battle scenes look kinda reminiscent of The Son turning Ahsoka in the Mortis arc. Hopefully the episode is actually good and not weird with another typical ending.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Where did you find this?

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Erkan12 likes this.
  16. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015

Well hello Darth Freddy I guess... "I'm your Master now, Nancy!"

17. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Very interesting.
    [​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Erkan12 I think you should put that in spoiler tag, episode isn't out yet.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Speculation about Visions and Voices
    1.The scene with Ezra and Maul on Atollon (Ezra pointing his sword at a defeated Maul) is probably Ezra confronting a vision of Maul (who will probably tell him to go to Dathomir)
    2. Ezra says that ''this might be our last chance to find out how to destroy the Sith, that picture above shows green mist coming out of Maul and Ezra's eyes. Forming some sort of smokeball. Maybe this is some ritual that will show them more about the visions they had back in Holocrons of Fate ?

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    It is rather unlikely the episode will end with Ezra walking away with Maul as his master, that would be cool to an extent but unlikely following the formula of the show. However it could be a good way to break the monotony though as it would potentially pin Ezra against Kanan or Kanan and Sabine. Or Sabine becomes the apprentice of Maul instead of Ezra or maybe Ezra joins Maul to save Sabine, but is she Force sensitive does she have to be if she empowered with magiks?! Why is she on Dathomir, is it all an illusion? Perhaps, they take Maul on another path now rather than just typical villain of the week and show some added growth. The episode should atleast begin to explain why Witwer and Sircar were at celebration and they were so important despite both their characters having minor character specific action so far. But Rebels being Rebels I dont expect much other than going in circles and heroic escapes .

Erkan12 likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I would welcome Ezra walking away with Maul and falling under his spell.

Vialco and Erkan12 like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I give that a 1/3000 of happening.

23. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Never tell me the odds !

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I love how deranged Maul is in his clip. His little chuckle is so contagious. And then you remember why he's suddenly so amused when talking about the Darksaber. This is probably the first Star Wars character moment when I have felt a real "insane serial killer" vibe.