main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Well I'm thinking in terms of the concept of "gradualism" and the whole the idea that sinners do not immediately give up their sins, and often move gradually toward the grace of redemption. Guess could be more interesting that having an obsessed Maul vs Kenobi bouts as I think we saw enough of and a more interesting direction of the character as there isnt really that many places you can take him after all this what hasnt been explored and to stay fresh.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It would be interesting to see Darth Maul return as a member of the Rebel Alliance fighting Sidious and seeking to reclaim at the Emperor's side while betraying Vader.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Of course. Just because someone turns away from outright villainy doesn't mean his vices suddenly disappeared. I often fantasized what would have happened, had Anakin survived Episode VI. Probably wouldn't have been easy for all parties involved.

As for Maul vs Kenobi, this has really been done enough times now. I will never understand the fans who would like to see a repeat of Old Wounds.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul is likely still thirsty for revenge after the events of SoD, but I don't think that will result in him joining forces with Kenobi, the Ghost crew, or the Rebel Alliance. He may rebel against the Emperor in his own way, and seek revenge, but I doubt he'd be involved with any of the heroes. Perhaps he'll contact Ventress or a likeminded darkside wielder in an attempt to bring down Sidious...

5. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    If Maul returns in Rebels he needs to look like his old concept art.
    [​IMG]

It's creepy as hell and since hes not a Sith he could lose the stereotype Sith get up, and he clearly looks older in this.

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    What you don't think Vader would've been welcome at the Ewok celebration?? I can see him standing around swapping anecdotes with Han & Lando etc.

I think if he were to come back into the fold of the good guys post RotJ he'd need a friendlier less evil looking suit. Maybe a nice white one.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, anecdotes like about the one time he tortured Han Solo and turned Lando into a traitor. Fun times. [face_devil]

I can just about imagine how the first meeting would go down.
    Luke: Hey friends, look who I brought with me. He's a good guy now. He saved my life.
    As a reflex, Han pools out his blaster and shoots Anakin. Anakin deflects the blaster bolts. Then Chewie charges at Anakin, actually pulling him to the ground until Anakin force pushes him away. Anakin stands up. "Well, that went better than I expected."
    Leia: "You are NOT my father! I hate you."
    Anakin: "Don't challenge my authority, daughter, or I will ground you for the next century."

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Alot of family counseling sessions would have been required.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That would be a cool concept to see on the screen, but that was one of the Sith apprentice outfits, wasn't it? It'll be interesting to see if they come up with something new, or stick to the Filoni sketch for post-SoD Maul.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I see him as being done with him becoming the one true with.

11. MandaloreMaul77

MandaloreMaul77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2015
    Do you guys think darth maul should be in Star Wars rebels? I think so becuase we don't know what happened to him after he and the death watch escaped Dathomir, it would be cool to See him go down fighting vader

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There is already a thread about this I believe (several, if memory serves me correct)

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Watto likes this.
  14. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    He'd be an interesting character to be one of the architects/leaders of the Inquisitors. Perhaps we could see some cool dark side conflict between him and Vader?

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    He'd never again work for Sidious willingly after his abandonment in TPM and the events of TCW imo

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He was betrayed by Sidious on Naboo, he's out for Sidious' head and whoever else gets in his way. As a Sith Lord he also previously formed his own splitter Sith group with Savage, so its likely he'll get a new apprentice at some point.

17. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Please no.

Hyrum_Solo and cwustudent like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No.

Rebels and Maul don't work together.

podjazd, Hyrum_Solo and cwustudent like this.
  19. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
  20. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Willingly? No, but Sidious has his ways. Look what he did with Vader - it's not the same, but essentially Sidious did trap him. I'm sure he could find a way to do it with Maul, and I think it could get interesting should the Rebels producers go down such a path. The last part of his story arc in TCW makes me infer (well, it's pure speculation, I guess) this; however, I will point out I haven't read any of the Son of Dathomir comics, so I don't really know where he "currently" is in the Star Wars universe.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is free of Sidious , and out to kill him and avenge his people.

If Maul is on Rebels I could see Ashoka going to get Maul for aid like Claire & Owen did to go get the T-Rex in Jurassic World.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Read it, it's great! I won't say anything else as I don't want to spoil you :D

23. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Rebels would just ruin the character of Maul. If Rebels gets daker like Clone Wars did then they can introduce Maul but before that is a big mistake

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Darth Maul realistically needs his own stand alone movie, he's an epic character, cartoons don't due him justice hehe.

Recently I made a battle armored Maul:

[​IMG]

;)

SilentGuy66 and ThisHurricane like this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Maul shouldn't be able to do anything in this timeframe without the Empire coming down on him like a ton of bricks. Sidious is no longer constrained by the niceties of the Republic. And Maul is one of his greatest enemies. As long as he lives he will always seek to overthrown Sidious. Hence as soon as Maul sticks his head up anywhere, Sidious should drop the hammer on him. Possibly up to and including BDZing a planet just to kill one guy.

Darth_Pevra and cwustudent like this.