main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Maul in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by OphionLuteus, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OphionLuteus

OphionLuteus Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2015
    I've heard a few people talking about the possibility that Darth Maul could be in TFA. This is obviously just all speculation and whilst I'm not totally familiar about the events that followed the Phantom Menace into the clone wars series and how he survived, what do you all think the chances of this are?

I personally think such speculation is silly. Firstly, he would be aged by now unless he was frozen by Palpatine or something?

The only way I could see them bringing Maul back is because Disney said so as they know the younger audience would love it but I think Abrams would've been totally against such an idea.

2. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    There was precisely one comment over at the cantina if I remember correctly that involved Maul, and it was some poster adding it to hm, SpoilerMan's ideas?

As much as I'd love it, it's highly doubtful Maul is Uber.

Although, imagine if Seven were all Zabrak/Raid team..... led by Maul.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    probably not but in rebels might be interesting.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know where this has been speculated but in all the conversations ive had about various rumours I can honestly say not once was Maul mentioned, sorry. [face_peace]

6. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I have no idea what they plan on doing with Maul in the saga and canon as a whole. He could show up in Episode 7 but I would be surprised.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    no, Maul should be killed between III and IV, in the Kenobi Spinoff movies.:cool:

8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I hope not. The dude was sliced in half. He's dead. I don't care what happened in the Clone Wars series, I like it when dead means dead.

9. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
  10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Don't be silly, it's clear they'll just give Dooku a cybernetic neck and torso.... and arms and legs so he can be a recurring antagonist

11. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    When this film was first announced, I brought up the idea of Maul. Everyone was saying, "But the Sith are destroyed, how can they make episode 7??" That's when I said... No, there is one still alive and canon, thanks to TCW.

12. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    They could easily have picked up the top half of him and stuck it on the bottom half of a BB8 type droid, give him a 4 bladed lightsaber and a beard.

Yeah that would work, Id pay good money to see that !!!

Othini and Darth Lurker like this.
  13. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    He should only show up in pre TPM material if they make that. He is dead. I know TCW series is canon and i like the series, and i like Maul as character, but it was wrong to bring him back. Also, what you are presented i the main saga films is the heart and soul of Star Wars, you can get away with a little more...eh..loose creativity in an animated series like that, but in a big blockbuster movie, the general audience will not get it. He died spectacular, sliced in two, and people would laugh at him turning up again. Still. I love Darth Maul.

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  15. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Darth Maul will be sliced in half again. Longways.

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Does not warrant it's own thread and can easily be discussed in the leviathan of a thread Who's The Baddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.