main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul Lives!? (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Savage_Oppress, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Redeem Maul? I'm not sure about that and it kind of seems like it cheapens Vader is we start redeeming a bunch of Darksiders.

Granted I think it would be cool if Savage came to his senses because whatever spell comes off and is redeems, that won't happen though. He'll go out an less interesting monster than he came in as.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Impaled by Dray.;)

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    It's called...a JOKE! :p

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So Darth Maul actually caused Dray's madness?

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yes. Thats how I took it...

6. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Why not this for Savage? It'd make him look like his own guy again and less like a failed Maul clone. Plus it'd pit Maul against him and we'd finally have an end to this 'Brother Dearest" crap. [face_chicken]

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I obviously didn't get the joke. I was serious. What? <<;

8. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    I think she was joking about the part of having him take up the name 'Agen Kolar" after he became redeemed. ;)

I wouldn't have had Savage take up the name, but I'd love to see him get redeemed. I think it would be a good ending for him if he's finally able to throw off that involuntarily infused Darkness. :D

darklordoftech and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well... anything can happen with this show it seems...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You can sa--- er, double post that again.

SithStarSlayer and Seerow like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hmmm. I don't know how I feel about this. The tendrils of Maul's resurrection grow deeper into the EU.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Considering the source material, it was actually well done... through humor. The writers did a good job of poking fun at Maul's return in-universe and used Dray as the comedian. My only beef with how it went down is that Maul didn't leak green smoke when Dray impaled him through the metal hip.

14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
  15. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    Your links are broken. [face_whistling]

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe its a clever trick to distract us into wondering what those pictures are all day?

17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Huyang and Seerow like this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    When Maul finally dies for good, I'd like an author to write a novel focusing solely on Maul's TCW journey. Like Shadow Hunter. I'd buy it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    I d like that too,but even more a novel that goes close prior to TPM that creates a whole new story.Maul around time of TPM is Maul in his best.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    They gave us "Darth Plagueis & End Game", so I doubt they would go back to tweak that portion of his story any more than they already have.

But if they did write a new one, I would buy it, nonetheless.:p

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There's talk of Maul being redeemed now? Oh boy...

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Yes, I suppose that would be entirely relevant, wouldn't it? Detailing Maul's most important mission, the one that gets him cut in half and left for dead, would be pretty important to his overall story.
    As much as I enjoyed Shadow Hunter, I wasn't going to rebuy the book just to read the new story; likewise, I didn't buy a new copy of TPM novelization. I seem to recall that the SW anthologies were popular. Maybe a few authors could get together and publish old/new stories that revolve around Maul's storyline. There's no need to limit oneself to just Maul. Delving into Tyranus' story would be equally interesting, considering Dooku and Maul covet the same position.

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    This will not end well for those who believe that is possible.;)

:p

"End Game" did just that.

I repurchased both of those Novels on my Nook, as they contained the missing pieces to "Wrath of Maul"...

EndGame alone, was worth every penny.

MAJOR PLOT DETAIL:
    During a side mission on Naboo, Maul learns about Palpatine's "handler/master", a Muun called "Hego Damask" and starts tying loose threads together on his own. He even questions himself about what it means to be a Sith, now that he knows there are more than two of them. He doesn't have much time to think on it, as the Queen's plan gets hatched right after he starts putting it all together.

24. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    No, I don't think CW is going to have Maul be redeemed. That's waaay too out of character for Maul, and likely Maul would slay his own brother in a heartbeat if it meant that he got to return to Sidious's side as his Apprentice. Maul might be gushing 'Brother brother,' but I have a feeling that is highly conditional as long as Maul considers Randy still useful.

Pretty much it is Randy who could be redeemed, but mostly that comes from what some of us here would like to happen. ;)

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Maul got questioned by Dray's Jedi Master (Salmara) about coming back to rescue his brother. His reply?
    "Well, he is... useful."

Can't say much more about Randy in here, but he does have a couple of epic lines at the end of Shadow Conspiracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.